Old 07-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #31  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to another busy day. I feel more hopeful than I have in a long time. I know the secret to success. Now I just have to do it.

Have a great on program day.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:27 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Mornin' chicks!

Well, we've managed to eat almost one whole watermelon since yesterday afternoon. I think I'm turning pink already! The watermelons are "sugar babies" so they are about the size of 1 1/2 soccer balls, they are not the giant ones.

I've come to the part of the summer where I can no longer ignore the fact that school is starting soon. In summers past, I would be mourning, but this summer has been very restful (the past few summers have been working summers) so I feel like I actually had a vacation. I haven't forced myself to look at a calendar, so I'm not exactly sure of the number of days we have left.

Sandra-My geography is bad, so I don't know exactly where you are located in Texas, but is the hurricane affecting you and Curtis? Also, I am so excited about your record! I feel like I know a celebrity!

Tracie-The hot tub sounds awesome. Are you starting on the deck soon?
Oh yea, sorry about your watermelon. I know where you can find some

Vickie-I'm glad you're feeling better. Hope you have a great day!

I'm off to do some de-cluttering. BBL
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:06 AM   #33  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had a good night sleep and I ready to go. Going with my friend to see the movie Momma Mia and to walmart to for some shopping.

TRACIE-Can't wit to see my family again I haven't seen them since Christmas.

SLOAN-That would be a great birthday gift for your mom. One woman on another board saw Momma Mia twice and she said that the theater was packed.So I'm going to leave early so we can get a good seat.

Have to get my dinner ready, hope you all have a wonderful afternoon

Hugs Maryann
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:54 AM   #34  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Hello chickies.

Sloanie, we are starting the deck in the next week or so. It's going to be awesome.

I've been eating good, and need to keep it up. I know I will be up this week, because my home scale says I'm up. Oh well, I'm staying op now and will continue to do so.

BB, have a great time at the movie. I will talk to my mom and see if she wants to see it

Hi Vickie!

Hi Trish!

Hey Sandra, Paula and Rhonda!

Last edited by twestra; 07-23-2008 at 11:56 AM.
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:28 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

You all have inspired me. I think I'll ask DD if she wants to see the movie with me for a "girl date".
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:41 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ladies,

This is a quick flyby and I'll do indies later. Been a busy phone morning and have to take hubby for chiropractic treatment in a few hours. I just couldn't believe I got up this morning and wasn't hungry. This is the way I felt growing up and as a teenager until I went to college. It feels great. However, I know everyone stresses the importance of breakfast which I never ate unless we were on vacation until my college day. I couldn't decide on what to eat, but I was a good girl and grabbed a slice of ham and cheese wrapped the cheese around the ham and ate it with a cup of coffee and later had a peach. I just can't believe how little food I can get by on. I hope this is the way this is going to be for me for the rest of my life, but just in case it is not... I am going to enjoy it while it is.

Sandra - I can't remember, but isn't Johnson County somewhere between Waco and Ft. Worth? Are you closer to Ft. Worth than Waco? I know you are glad you don't have to worry about hurricanes. Lived through many of them and Wilma was the last straw for me. Decided then if I had made it through a Cat 4, I never wanted to be in a Cat 5.

Y'all have a great day and I'll check back later.

Trish
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:12 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

speaking of hurricanes We survived one week with 3 adults, one dog and 2 children (ages 33 months and 11 months) in our house! The house is 800 square feet. Yes, you read that right!

They (adult and children) are all at the airport now. Their flight was cancelled, they were put on another one, it was cancelled. Then, they were put on yet another one that apparently will take off soon.

It was a blast, like a family camping trip or something. I wouldn't want to do it again, but I would.

I haven't been very Core, I'll tell you that. But, I'll get back on board tomorrow.

Trish. Sandra

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:12 PM   #38  
focused and aiming

Sloan, thank you for being concerned about us. We are in North Central Texas well inland from Dolly. We're not even expecting much needed rain.

Tracie, you're going to have a lot of fun with your new hot tub.

Maryann, I love your trackers. How was MaMa Mia?

Trish, we're about 30 miles from Ft. Worth and 60 from Waco.

Rhonda, I can tell you had a great time with family. Now how about a glass of wine tonight?
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:39 PM   #39  
Tracie

S/C/G: 201.2/181.4/135

Height: 5'0"

Hi chickies, Just finished my core dinner, extra lean ground beef on a 1 point bun with oatmeal baked onions, and also sauteed onions. Yummy!

Well, I wi today and lost .6! I so thought I was going to gain, so I was very excited to have lost.

Rhonda, I'm sure it's nice to visit with family, but I'll bet you're also happy that you have your house back!
twestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:11 PM   #40  
Southside White Sox Fan

Keep it up Tracie. You're an inspiration.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:09 PM   #41  

Don't worry Sandra, I had some wine!!! And, Tracie, we're very glad to have what little space we have back. The house seems huge now.

I know our guests will be glad to be home sleeping in their own beds also.

I'm looking forward to getting back on track also. As much as I enjoyed my indulgences this week, I'm ready for more order.

Vickie: glad to see you back. We can do this.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Rhonda
Old 07-23-2008, 10:11 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ladies,

Everything went well for hubby today. He had a long session and I set in the lobby and read health magazine they have and I learned a lot of good stuff the last 2 days reading them.

Rhonda - Thanks for the welcome. I love your Tejas name and your cowgirl hat. I was surprised that you were in Canada so where or why did you get the name? Curiosity killed the cat, you know? I have a big house and it is still wild when all the DGC are here. I love it when they come to visit and as much as I miss them when they leave I still am glad to be just Tony and me when they leave. So I'm sure you feel the same.

Tracie - Isn't that great that you had a loss when you thought you were going to have a gain. You are doing great and I appreciate the way you inspire us.

Everybody else. Catch y'all tomorrow.

Trish
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:51 AM   #43  

Trish: I'm from Texas originally and will be moving back in 11 months when I retire. I came to Canada in 1975. I'm married to Sandra's first cousin also.

So, I come by "Tejas" and the cowgirl hat by birth.

Have a great Core Day everyone.

Rhonda

Last edited by Tejas; 07-24-2008 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:07 AM   #44  
focused and aiming

Yep, Trish, Rhonda's my favorite cousin. I'm anxious for her to get down here.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:55 PM   #45  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had a busy morning, first to WW and than grocery shopping.It looks like we are going to have down pour any minute now. Hope this storm bring cooler air in as I can't stand this heat anymore.

Well I lost 1 lb. and I got my 16 week charm. Changed my ticker accordingly.My Leader was very supportive of the Core this week,as It looks like the people who lost this week at the meeting were *CORIES*

I told her that I love this way of eating,she told me that lots of people are afraid to go on it as you can't have bread. I told her that a lame excuse as you can have 35 pts of bread if you really want it that way. She laughed

We had at our WW theme Clothes shopping and what kind of style over weight woman would wear to make her self look trimmer. Got lots of Ideas.

1)Never wear anything fitted or tucked in,if you have a stomach.

2)Wear streamlined makes a short woman look taller.

3)Near wear large prints it make you appear larger small print it the way to go.

4)scarfs or v,neck are great new looks

5)don't wait until you reach goal, buy some clothes now.

Were some of the suggestions.

================================================

TRACIE-I really liked the movie from story line to the music.My friend told me the play was a lot better,but I wasn't able to get to the play.,as it was 2 hrs away in Boston.

TRISH-Hope you DH is ok going to the chiropractor and all.Stress can do great damage,if you don't take control right away. Glad you found a good breakfast that would take you to lunch.Happy to hear everything went well with your DH.

RHONDA-Glad you survived the hurricane.I don't like storms anymore,used to when I was young,but I didn't know better than. You'll get back to program,once you know that your family is safely home again.

SANDRA-Thanks I love the color purple,don't have many clothes in that color,but than again its not winter.I liked the movie Momma Mia, would have loved it better it I was seeing the play,but we can have everything. Had a great time at the movies with my lady friend and that was the best.

TRACIE-Congrats on your .6 weight loss. Yipee

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 07-24-2008 at 02:56 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote