Old 07-09-2007, 03:58 PM   #91  
focused and aiming

howdy, chickies. we're home from the hospital and just finished our core potato soup & a 3 pt homemade biscuit. now the key is--stay out of the other biscuits. there are 4 left. i'm going to bag them after the cool off.

tests came out super good. now curtis is downstairs napping. i'm thinking about going to exercise. just thinking so far.

vickie, i might be wrong, but i've always thought being out in the sun a lot made me retain fluid. you were out a long time yesterday. i know you're not going to give up. i just don't want you to be too upset. that reading this am was just feedback. it's letting you know that something kept you from losing. when you figure out what, you can change it. it's not like you were off program all week. think of all the good food choices and exercising you did.

lynn, i had a writeoff week recently. what saved me from gaining again last week was getting back op and chugging water. you know what to do. you'll be all right. hang in there.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:04 PM   #92  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Patti and Paula! What a wonderful thing it is to have friends who understand. Patti, I must go back to basics this week. I will be very, very careful of my portion sizes and will limit my food out to once or twice a week. I usually have Chipotle on weigh in day for dinner. Perhaps I shouldn't have eaten it the night before weigh in. It could be very high in sodium. My Thursday night meal out is really the basics. The Chef loves me and is very careful. My fresh veggies are dry as a bone as is my ww angel hair. My salmon gets broiled dry. There is always a chance that my portion sizes have increased so I will have to be very mindful. If I don't lose next week, then I'll have to go full on Flex with Core foods. I also haven't been having my second milk. I wonder if that is hurting me.

Anyway, I'm taking responsibility for this and I'm not going to blame the program. I still want to jump off the cliff.....but I know that's not the anwer either!!!!!

Thanks, Chicks! I'm waiting for a storm to end and then I'm into the pool. Today may be the last day. Thursday is supposed to start a week of only 70 degree weather.

BTW, I've been out ALL afternoon trying to find a Webkinz Husky Dog for on of the Great Nephews. No luck. I bought a bulldog but I'm mad that I couldn't get the Husky. Have you guys heard of these? They are very cute and I predict they will be the new Beanie Babies. You get a code to go online and your pet comes to life. You get a one year membership with the plush and get to play computer games with the pet for a year. Cute. They only cost $12.99. I wasn't going to pay $30 plus shipping just to get the Husky. Bad Great Auntie!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:06 PM   #93  
Southside White Sox Fan

Boy, Sandra, I hope you're right. I REALLY need a loss next week.

I'm SO happy that Curtis' test came out great. It as a huge relief to me.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:13 PM   #94  
Southside White Sox Fan

I guess I need to reduce my carbs a bit too. I've always been a bit resistant to them.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:16 PM   #95  
focused and aiming

paula, i missed your post earlier. you sound chipper today. makes me smile. curtis is in good shape. no problems found. he's taking it slow and easy coming back onto food. he even jumped back op. i am amazed.

vickie, i've noticed i feel swollen after being out. i'm no doctor, but i think it does make you retain fluid. but does that make sense, if it's also dehydrating us? all i know is--i am swollen.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:17 PM   #96  
focused and aiming

i'm trying to do that, too. i have only used about 6 waps so far this week and thurs is day 7.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:18 PM   #97  

Afternoon ladies! Vickie, don't go off that cliff! My mom often has weeks at a time where she's doing everything perfectly and she gains. It's very frustrating, I know. Hang in there, and know that even if the weight isnt' going down as you'd like, you are greatly contributing to a healthier you. The exercise and water are fantastic for you, as is all that beautiful Core food. Keep up the great work!

I myself am doing OK, but have been getting into the cookies. I had to make them for a church thing a few days ago, and made 2 different delicious varieties from the Mrs. Field's cookbook. Dangerous! I have baked fish and salad planned for dinner though, and am going grocery shopping tomorrow again to stock up on all that great summer fruit. It's been super hot here, so I'm not venturing out to exercise. But we cleaned and decluttered a large majority of the house this morning, so I'm sure I got some exercise that way. I posted a bunch of my stuff on freecycle (check it out, it's cool - freecycle.org) and a lot of it's been spoken for already.

I had a bunch of overripe bananas, so now I have 4 loaves of banana bread in the oven. My family loves it, and I can freeze the extra for breakfasts on those days we don't have much time.

Dh interviewed last week for a contract position, and they STILL haven't gotten back to us. It's nerve-wracking, this waiting. If he doesn't get this job, I'm not sure what we'll do. Just keep looking I guess.

Time to do more work.

Later!
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:51 PM   #98  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Here I am - but ladies it's time to jump over to some clean pages! come on down....... (or up I should say?)

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 04:59 PM   #99  

Height: 5' 10"

Just set up the new thread - please post there instead!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote