Old 07-03-2007, 08:32 PM   #16  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Here I am - still hanging in - had an extra long weekend - and now ready to go back to work (NOT!) - no patti did not go downtown for the fireworks - altho dd did with some friends as did big ds. We tried to find some local ones in the park near home - very disappointing - guess next year back to the big park on the river!

DH is quite the changed man - still 'behaving' - some minor issues with the kids as usual but I am stil working on that - he seems a bit more patient. Saw his therapist today - and we still have an appt w/the couples counsellor on thurs so we'll see how that goes!

Saw lots of movies this weekend - ate lots of popcorn - and frankly can't stop eating - I am afraid that altho I want to lose weight I don't do well under pressure. My cruise is now 12 weeks away and i weigh more than ever! I think the fact that I feel I HAVE TO LOSE THE WEIGHT is causing me to overeat and stress about iti - does that make any sense? Wondering how I can 'relax' and just get back on track. I am committing to start exercising this week tho!

Vickie - sounds like you are doing great with the exercise - I am truly impressed.

Sandra - sounds like fun was had by all? I'm sure you and Curtis will do a great job at 'damage control' and get back on the wagon when you get home!

Tiki - I felt the same way at one of my interviews - and before accepting the job made it very clear as to who I would be reporting to - cuz one of the interviews was a true nightmare and I could not see myself working closely with that individual.

Welcome Emma - and what a cute munchkin you have there! Good luck with your first crack at the core plan - hope it gives you the push you need!

So I guess you all get tomorrow off? Happy July 4th to my american chickie friends!

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:51 AM   #17  

Good morning ladies! Happy 4th of July to all the Americans out there. We have small plans today. We have to get a family photo taken, since we do it every year on the 4th. Dh and I had our first date on the 4th, and have had a picture taken every year since. I put them in a large frame, so you can see a year to year progression. It's pretty cool. But our frame is now full, so I guess this year we'll be moving on to another one.

I have some BBQ planned for supper, and I'll send dh out to get some delicious sweet corn from a roadside stand. You can say what you want about Iowa, but we have wonderful sweet corn. Then we'll probably take the boat out on the river, and go watch the fireworks. Our city hall is on an island in the middle of the river, and they shoot off the fireworks from the end of the island, so the river is a great place to watch them. Plus you can kind of avoid the crushing crowds that are on land.

I also may go downtown this afternoon to watch my former guitar teacher and his wife in their band. I don't know - it depends on how hot it is and what else we're doing at the time.

I am now back on the wagon. I had an "ah-hah" moment the other day when I was trying to dress for a concert. None of my pants fit, and it was just so unpleasant trying to find something that looked decent. I realized that any "bad" eating I could do was not worth feeling and looking bad, and losing all the ground I accomplished 2 years ago when I made lifetime. I know I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but these 20 pounds makes such a difference on a short person like me. I think it all kind of went downhill when we found out dh was going to lose his job. But I guess I've realized that even if I can't control what's happening around me, I can control what goes into my mouth. So, back on Core I go, because I know it works, I know I feel better when I eat better, and I know it's so much healthier for me.

I got a good book from the library a while back called "Good Food, Bad Food." It's really fascinating learning about the science behind food. It's cool - pretty much all the good foods they list are Core (except juice.) I am thinking of trying to add some flaxseed to my diet. That stuff sounds pretty amazing.

Anyway, I think I've written a book, but I just wanted to let you all know that I'm rededicated, and I will lose the weight.

Later!
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:21 AM   #18  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Happy Fourth of July to the American Chickies. I can't believe we don't have any great smilies for this holiday!

Jim and I are staying home today. It's better for us and the furkid. She's quite the sensitive soul and gets extremely upset by thunder and fireworks. I don't like to medicate her since she seems to be ok as long as she can drape herself over one of our laps. We'll be grilling Core; Kansas City Strip Steaks, baked potato for Jim and corn on the cob. I'll be making myself a small bowl of Core potato salad. I'm really craving it and it is SO traditional for me.

It rained overnight which is great for our sod. The temperatures are supposed to be warm and it is going to be sunny. My plan is to get into the pool. I'll get everything ready for the grill and then swim. Jim can get out when he's ready and start the grill and I can watch him from the pool! .

The scale is NOT down this morning but I sure ate mucho soy sauce yesterday on my Core Chicken Fried Rice. I'm sure it will be gone later. I also plan to walk on the treadmill. Ugh. That will be the bad 30 minutes of my day. I will be proud of myself though.

What do you all have planned?
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:41 AM   #19  
Southside White Sox Fan

Here I am trying to catch up as ususal!

Coco congratulations on losing 2 pounds..........that's excellent! Now let's have another loss from you next week. I'm trying to string two in a row also.

Patti, I'm SO glad that your leg is better and that you are back to walking. That 30 minutes EVERY day is a bore!

Emma, it's great to have you here. I hope you stop by often. I'd give Core at least 4 weeks. And......drink as much water as you can. It seems to be really essential to wash all that high fiber whole grained food through our systems. I'm the water drinker reminder here!

Sandra, are you home? I did gain .4 the week before last but lost .8 this past Monday. I'm determined to have two losses in a row. My new commitment is to weigh in every week, stay for the meeting, and have a loss every week. As for your question about whether or not you're one of THE talkers here on this board.....well I think you answered your own question looking at how quiet it was last week. I'm glad you're going to Colorado Springs in August. What a cool thing to accomplish! You will be bringing your laptop, won't you?

Tiki, what a tough time you've been through! I hope your mouth is finally starting to heal. That must have just been horrible. Speaking of horrible, your interview sounds horrible too! I couldn't work with a person like that. I worked for the Treasury Department for 30 years and did it all; recruiting, internal placement, labor and employee relations, position management and classification. The last 16 years was spent investigating and deciding EEO complaints of discrimination filed by Treasury Department employees against Treasury. It was interesting but very stressful work. Absolutely no one was happy that we were dealing with. The complainants were going through the absolute worst time of their lives and pretty much took it out on us. I cannnot tell you how happy I am to be early retired! Life is Good. I'd like more money coming in but it isn't worth it.

Rhonda, I was going to ask you if you exercised but you beat me to it! 8 miles beat the heck out of me girl. Congratulations on dodging the treats.

Oh Frouf, I am DELIGHTED that DH continues to demonstrate his changed behavior. No one deserves that more than you. I'm happy that you checked in because I was quite concerned and thinking about you often. Good luck tomorrow night at the appointment. I really hope it all goes very well.

Angela, I LOVE your picture tradition and what a cool day to have one's first date. Your plans to see the fireworks from your boat in the river sound better than ours. We'll be there before dark! Congratulations on not ignoring your A HA moment. Thankfully, you caught yourself before things go too far out of hand. I've often wondered why I control absolutely EVERYTHING in my life except for me eating? I used to think that it was my one stress outlet. Well.....find another one! That's what I'm trying to tell myself anyway. Welcome back on the wagon. I love it when the wagon is full of happy Chicks.

Ok Chickies....time for me to have breakfast and get my walking shoes laced. I'm certain that I'll be back later to check on all of you.

Last edited by Vickie; 07-04-2007 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:09 PM   #20  
Southside White Sox Fan

I walked for 30 minutes.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:30 PM   #21  

Good job Vickie,,,,,,tonight it my first night for aquabics..cant wait!
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:42 PM   #22  
Southside White Sox Fan

Patti, did the temperature get warm enough for you to swim?

Jim just checked our pool temperature. It's almost 80. I like it to be at least 80 for me to go in. I'm going to eat lunch and then think about going in. I'll get more exercise!
Old 07-04-2007, 05:02 PM   #23  
focused and aiming

happy 4th of july!

tiki, what a way to lose weight! but we'll take it, won't we? i'm sorry you had such a grumpy interviewer.

rhonda, 8 miles! i am totally impressed. i finished dusting myself this am and am back op. so far so good. i'm taking it one day at a time. i bought fresh fruit/veggies/lean meats today so we're stocked with core goodies. curtis is back op, too.

frouf, i totally understand what you're saying. i don't lose well under pressure either. losing is something we have to be in the mood to do not obligated or deadlined. twelve weeks? that's a lot of time. just relax, eat core, and let it happen if it's to be.

angela, i had an ah ha moment, too. i had curtis take photos of me in my swimsuit. not a pretty picture. now i'm ready to get back on track for sure.

vickie, 4+ and will prob have a gain this week. curtis was cute. he said we'll wait and go on fri and "bite the bullet" then. i hopped on the scales this am and was horrified. i'm back op now. we're changing our minds almost hourly on going to colo springs. i doubt we'll go. i'm happy about that. i'm tired from all the traveling/competing right now and am ready for a break. i need to focus on my body instead of the other round target. lol

congratulations on walking 30 min. my feet are bothering me today. curtis said it's prob cuz of all the sitting we did yesterday while flying. i don't know. i think it's psychological cuz of my weight gain. or maybe it's physical cuz of my weight gain.

patti, let us know how you like i'm going tomorrow. the club's closed today or i'd be there and be all wet right now.

got to go. i'm tired. we've been running in circles over 4 weeks now. i need to rest.

we're going to curtis' daughter's tonight for bbq. i'm taking salad/fruit/chicken. we should do all right. we're focused and armed with good choices.

have a good evening, all.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:09 PM   #24  
Southside White Sox Fan

I got another 30 minutes in the pool! Woo Hoo.

Sandra, you sound tired and you should allow your body to rest. I hope you have fun at the BBQ tonight. You've brought good choices with you and that will help alot. I hope your feet recover recover quickly and that it's nothing serious.

I'll see you all some time tomorrow.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:48 PM   #25  
Southside White Sox Fan

Yum. My Core dinner that Jim cooked on the grill was great. I used too much smart balance light on my potato and my corn but other than that, I was perfectly on program. I've had 9 glasses of water; 24 ounces of decaf, and 12 ounces of decaf soda. I may be done for the evening.

Nightie night Chickies!
Old 07-04-2007, 09:00 PM   #26  

Im back from aquabics. I had so much fun. Vickie I was happily mistaken it is a heated pool..yeah! and its set at 80 degrees. I was thinking of you when the first thing we did was jog around the pool to warm up..hah. The hour went by so fast and I cant wait to go again next monday. I would do this every night if they offered it..I love swimming. We all were beginners so there was no pressure to keep up with anyone...
off to watch a movie now..ttyl
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:08 PM   #27  

Evening ladies! I'm waiting till it's time to go to the river to watch the fireworks. I ate pretty well today, it being a holiday and all. This afternoon I did have about 1/3 of a funnel cake (yum) but felt pretty sick by the end of it. But, I did walk I'm sure over 4 miles in the 90 degree weather, so I'm sure I burned some of the funnel cake that way.

For dinner I wasn't too hungry (remember the funnel cake?) so I had a small portion of steak, core hash browns, watermelon and orange juice. Not too bad. I'm full now, and will likely remain that way for the rest of the evening.

I'm off!

Angela

*Edit - Hey, this is my 2,000th post!
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:06 AM   #28  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I can't believe how tired I am. We went to bed at 12:30 and I'm back up already at 6:45. We had to stay up late for the pup who was quite upset by the fireworks. I have a cut and color today at 10:30 and then some errands. Luckily, I'm going out for dinner tonight so I don't have to worry about cooking.

I had a good on program day, yesterday. How did the rest of you do?
Old 07-05-2007, 08:10 AM   #29  
Southside White Sox Fan

Patti, ok heated to 80 degrees is my BARE minimum! It does get warmer when you move around and it helps if it is sunny out too. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. It makes me feel like I should go too. I have a woman at WW who would love to go with me.

Angela, I hope the fireworks were worth waiting up for. You should be so proud of of yourself for getting yourself back on program. It's really hard to do when you aren't going to meetings. You'll get those pounds back off in no time, especially with your active lifestyle.

I'm already arguing with myself about not wanting to get on the treadmill. I think I'll force myself since the scale hasn't budged downward yet this week despite lots of exercise.

Talk to you all later.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:12 AM   #30  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, good luck at the counsellor today.