Old 07-07-2007, 03:05 PM   #61  
Southside White Sox Fan

I was in the pool for 2 hours. I'm going to shower now for the party. I got at least 40 minutes of constant exercise in the pool. Even if I don't lose this week at least all the exercise is making up for my couple of meals off program.

Have a great evening!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:55 PM   #62  

Height: 5' 10"

OK, feeling guilty. I have done no exercise today at all - well, I could count cleaning. I need to go take a walk before dinner.

Sandra, Turkey tip are just small pieces of Turkey. I use tenderloins and then cut them up the size of steak tips, marinate them and grill them fast. They cook quick and stay moist. I've also done this with pork tenderloin as well.

Going for a walk now, then we'll be out for dinner. Sarah wanted to buy an egg plant to grill tomorrow. She said she will try it - hmmm, lets see if she will. It will be amazing if she actually tries it. See ya.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 04:54 PM   #63  
focused and aiming

vickie, you can't go wrong doing that exercise; plus, it sounds like fun.

paula, let us know how sarah likes the eggplant. my mother used to dredge slices in cornmeal and fry them. (good tasting)

we're in for the day. i'll get out and deadhead flowers and move the sprinkler later on. have a good day, all.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:52 PM   #64  

Hi Everyone
I hope everyone is doing ok.
I know I havent been on here for a few days.
But I am so ashamed of my eating. that it isnt funny. And I think. How can I give encouragement to someone. When I am so out of control. But I have missed you ladies. And I need some major support.
I got off core. Was trying to do points. And now I am off points also. And I cant seem to get back on track.
Thought maybe if I can get into the attitude that Monday. When I go into my WW meeting. That I try and go in as if I am a new memeber. And start Core. Maybe that will help. One of my down falls for Core though. Is I like toast for breakfast. And I know that I am not suppose to have that. But was wondering. If I can use my 35 points for the week toward that. I dont eat toast every morning. But at least 5 times. So that would be 5 pts for the week. Would that be alright.
I have got to do something. I am so miserable right now. And unhappy with myself. And then I keep thinking that I am a failure. Because I had lost 52 lbs. And I have gained 34 lbs back.
Well I am sorry for my long post. But I need some help to get back on track. I know I am the one who puts the food in my mouth. But I need to figure out how to control myself.
So any suggestions will be greatly appericated. Sorry for all the miss spellings.
Hope everyone has had a great weekend.
Thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 08:34 PM   #65  
focused and aiming

coco, you are not a failure. you have not failed. you just got some feedback. i did the same thing recently. i got off program and my feedback was that i can regain quickly. i also learned that i am happier when i'm making healthy eating choices.

use your 35 wpa's for toast and whatever else you need. that's what they're for.

stay here and post. the most important time to come here is when you're faultering. and--the most important time to come here is when you're doing great. we have to share the ups and downs. that's what makes this board work.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:11 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 212/212/150

Height: 5' 5"

I am joining WW on Monday and I don't really know which to do. Core or points. I assume most of you rather core otherwise you wouldn't be in the Core Chat thread??? What is core really? I know how points work.

Also, I was thinking about joining 24hr fitness but I hate to lock into a contract and pay each month but never go. I have done that quite a few times but I can't seem to get motivated to work out. My daughter starts kindergarten this fall so I was thinking I could pack both kids up in the AM, drop her off and take the 3yr old to the gym with me.

Anyone have any thought to help me out here.... I am a SAHM and I can't really afford to join a gym and not go. It is worth the $$ if I use it.

Thanks
2mattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:15 PM   #67  
focused and aiming

i would describe core as being "back to the basics." you'll have a good understanding after the meeting. also, it will be a good way to teach your child to eat. i wish i'd been on core when i was younger and learned healthy eating.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:32 AM   #68  
focused and aiming

i see i'm the last to post on the first 5 topics on the core page. do i need a life or what?

good morning. we're up early. curtis is gone to the range to mow. i've been to the store for popsicles and am about to do more weeding. it's a glorious day. curtis has a colonoscopy tomorrow am so we're readying to start his fasting. i will hide and eat i guess. i won't pop any corn or do much else that would make him hungry.

so what are the rest of you doing?
Old 07-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #69  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I have a horrible sinus thing going on but I'm determined to enjoy my day anyway. I woke up at 5:00 and couldn't breath and had the whole headache going on. I slept in the Lazyboy until 10:00! Now I'm going to have some breakfast and think about the pool. It's going to be 95+ here today and very, very humid. We'll have Chipotle for dinner today so I can just play in the pool.

I'm disappointed since I haven't dropped an ounce yet for tomorrow after all the exercise I've done. I know better than to quit but even with a few bad meals, I hoped to have some kind of loss. Maybe it will drop before tomorrow morning. I still plan to exercise again today in the pool. Harumpf.

I'm off to catch up with you all while I have a minute!
Old 07-08-2007, 12:22 PM   #70  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh Paula, your BBQ food sounded wonderful! Did you have a good time? I have such a craving for shrimp cocktail. Yum. Did Sarah eat the eggplant? I think it's slimy.

Goodness, Rhonda, with all the walking you do that weight is going to start rolling off of you! Great job. How are you feeling? How did you do at the dinner party?

Sandra, so why do you have to mow the range? Is it part of chores with your dues or something? It sounds like really hard work in that heat. Good luck to Curtis today. Today is the hard part. I think the test was a breeze with good drugs and a nice doctor, anyway! You're a good spouse to keep the food smells away from him. I was ravenous and that chicken broth doesn't stick with a person very long!

Coco, I understand EXACTLY how you feel. I stopped posting for a while because I felt like a hypocrite. I was gaining so how could I give advice. Well...here's the answer. We never stop knowing how or what to do, we just stop doing it for ourselves for a while. We aren't criticizing others, merely giving morale support. You are NOT a failure unless you give up completely. The fact that you are here talking to us means that you don't want to give up. So DON'T GIVE UP! Just get back on Core and get going again. Make the Gazelle your friend or whatever other kind of exercise you like enough that you can make yourself do it every day or every other day in the beginning. You can absolutely have toast for breakfast every day if you want. Use your 35 points however helps you get through the week and stay on Core. I use my points for bread/buns alot. Don't worry about how much you've already gained back. It's too late to fret about that....just try not to gain any more. Start Monday again and tell your DH and DS how important this is to you. Do they help you? If they don't ask them to help. We're here if you need us. Never worry about long posts. I do them ALL the time!

MattiesMom, Sandra is right. Core is VERY unprocessed and back to the earth, whole grain and natural. I feel great when I'm on program. You get to eat all day long if that's what you need to make you satisfied. You just have to learn to not eat too much. That's the hardest part for me. You'll be cooking alot on Core; not too much convenience foods except from your 35 points which go fast. As for exercise, the gym has never worked for me and I didn't have children to tote. I bought a treadmill and put it in my house in front of the TV. I do that and my pool when it's the season here. Try to find something you like that you'll stick to. It doesn't sound like the gym gives you joy. How about water aerobics class or a Curves 30 minutes circuit training type of activity?

Wow...talk about long posts! So Melissa never checked in when I asked about her last. Hope she is ok.

Frouf......oh Froufie.....how's it going? Here's my hand from the wagon.....

Kathy, what's up? Are you still out there?

Gotta go eat. I'm really starving!
Old 07-08-2007, 12:30 PM   #71  

Hey chicks,
Its been a busy week here..Vickie last time I posted I said I would be back to tell you when I walked and I never told you.. I walked 40 mins that night. I got a call from my best friend (who also needs to lose wieght) and she wanted to go swimming at our local provincial park. I didnt really want to go but I did for the exercise. While we were there she suggested getting a summer pass for us to go swimming 3 times a week..we even picked the days we will go. So now I have aquabics mondays and wednesday and swimming tuesday thurs and friday..how cool is that! i plan on walking on the weekends if its not too hot. I love finding an exercise I love to do..
hope you all have a good sunday. Ill be back later after dh leaves for work
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:33 PM   #72  
Southside White Sox Fan

Patti, I wish I lived close to you. I go swimming every day too. Great job on your walking/exercise. I hope I start to lose from mine soon. It's hard to keep up without seeing some reward on that darned scale that I give so much power.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:28 PM   #73  
focused and aiming

i hear ya, vickie. it is definitely hard to stay motivated when the scales don't move. this week's topic is on plateaus. i'm anxious to hear what our leader says.

patti, that's awesome exercise. and it sounds like a lot of fun, too. maybe vickie and i can move close to you and join you?

speaking of exercise, my next door neighbor just invited me to walk a half marathon next sunday. i'm going to do it!! we just drove the course. it's going to be a blast. i'm taking the cellphone in case i need curtis to pick me up before we get to the finish line. this is going to be "lucy and ethel do the marathon." i'll be posting the story next week no matter what. i am thinking it will be a funny story. we laughed the whole time we were driving the course today talking about what a good team we'd be on "amazing race." we'd be the comic relief characters.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:40 PM   #74  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, I really admire you. You are quite the testimonial to the fact that life doesn't end at retirement!
Old 07-08-2007, 05:19 PM   #75  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I was in the pool for 2 hours. I drove to get Chipotle. Jim and I are going to eat and then back to the pool. Woo Hoo!