Old 07-06-2007, 09:27 AM   #46  

Morning ladies. Vickie, good luck at your favorite restaurant. Sounds like a place I'd like to visit!

I have a challenge today too. My father in law and I are taking all the kids to the county fair, and we'll be there during dinner time. I have no idea what they have for healthy food at the fair, but I know they have LOTS of unhealthy stuff. Corn dogs, funnel cakes, deep fat fried Snickers bars... it gets worse and worse. Maybe I'll have a water. I think I'm going to check online and see if they have a list of concessions booths.

Hope everybody has a great OP day! Welcome Mattie's mom. This is indeed a great place to come and get inspiration.

Later,
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:24 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

oooh, deep fried Snickers! I've never had the pleasure
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:43 PM   #48  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well Angela - good luck with your eating challenges at that fair - altho nowadays most places hate something remotely healthy to eat? How about corn on the cob? or bbq chicken? (the lesser of several evils) - can't even imagine the deep fried snickers bar!!!

Vickie - that restaurant sure sounds good - of course there are better choices than others - but I can surely relate to your dilemma! Have fun

I am so happy it's Friday - super tired and the day is going so slow. Today at lunchtime got a salad downstairs and drove to this small island on the Ottawa river (about 5 mins from my work) where I sat on a bench, ate my lunch, read my book and enjoyed the sunshine, breezes and the lovely view! Very relaxing and I think I shall visit more often (even some groundhog friends of the frouf were around!)

No big plans this weekend - except dd's dance performance tomorrow. Looks like we are getting more rain tho!

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:52 PM   #49  
focused and aiming

rhonda. it's never easy to lose a friend even when we know they have gone to a better place. my thoughts are with you.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:00 PM   #50  
focused and aiming

vickie and angela, good success to you both with your challenges today. we threw caution to the wind last sat/sun at the reunions, but i got back op july 4.

i lost 2 lbs this week! curtis gained a little over 2. we're both back on core and feeling great. i have cut to almost nature trying to avoid processed foods. i prob won't do that very long, but it's giving me a jumpstart.

frouf, your lunch sounds so peaceful and relaxing. i hope you can go to the park a lot.

rhonda, i love the quote. we often find ourselves taking life for granted. you're right. life is good.

i'm staying inside this afternoon. it's to be 105* today. i'm going to print out photos and work on scrapbooking. that sounds cooler than working in the flowerbeds. i still have 2 beds to weed. the temps will be around 10* lower after today. they can wait.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:28 PM   #51  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, Chicks, I failed in my challenge. I did not eat remotely Core. I have reported it and I'm moving on. It was OUTSTANDING and I enjoyed every mouthful. I only ate half of my sandwhich and half my braised cabbage. I had 3 cookies. I feel very satisfied and ready to move on.

Angela, I hope you did better than me. I could have made better choices but I didn't. I used to eat all my food and 4-6 cookies. So I'm considering myself improved!

Rhonda, I'm glad you rested. Sounds like Chief Seattle was a very wise man.

Sandra, you go girl! Didn't you say you were going to gain this week? I'm happy for you that you didn't. I'll need to be very vigilant at the graduation party tomorrow to make sure that I don't eat badly. I definitely cannot get away with two horrible meals in one week.

Now I'm going to go try to drag Jim out to the pool. He's saying he wants to rest for a while. I'll give him 30 minutes.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #52  
focused and aiming

vickie, when i weighed yesterday am, i had a huge gain. i don't know what happened except that i ate core wed/thurs. last night i lost a lot of fluid that i was holding. (that's my way of saying i was up and down most of the night to the potty.) i was shocked and relieved when i wi this am.

right now you're where i was tues pm. i had just finished my planned off program. those times are all right. the key is to get right back op. sounds like you are doing that and will be fine.

it's already 103* according to the tv. i need to post this so i can see what my temp thingee says.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:12 PM   #53  
Southside White Sox Fan

I walked 30 minutes in the pool this afternoon. Now for a bite to eat and lay on the couch.

Sandra, take it easy girl in that heat!
Old 07-06-2007, 09:59 PM   #54  

I did prety well at the fair. I brought a granola bar, and munched on that, and had my dd's hot dog bun she didn't want. Not exactly Core, but a much better choice than it could have been! I didn't really partake of the cotton candy, and I drank at least 36 oz. of water while there. I consider the day a success!

Sandra, I can't believe it's so hot there! Yuck! And the worst part is, it'll come this way once you're done with it. Bleah.

Nighty night girls, I'm exhausted.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:29 PM   #55  
focused and aiming

it got up to 107* today. yuck!

i worked in the yard about an hour but not until 8 pm. it wasn't too bad. i got everything fed. tomorrow i'll water using the sprinkler. that'll be easy.

angela, you did well at the fair. congratulations. i'm thinking cotton candy isn't too high in pts.

vickie, congratulations to you for walking 30 minutes. i didn't do any exercise today cept for my piddling in the yard. we're going to the outdoor archery range in the am. i'll get some walking in then.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:35 AM   #56  

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning everyone. Great day here in the northeast. We should get some of the heat next week, but only in th 90s -- Luckily we rarely get temps around 100, even less often over that. I hope everyone is staying cool.

Kathy, how are you making out with the rain and floods - saw pics on the news this morning, hope you are well.

Angela, congrats for doing well at the fair. Hope the girls had fun as well.

Need to go make beds, get showered and dressed then off to grocery shop. We are having a small cookout tomorrow - my niece and her husband and 7 year old and then just my sister and bil. Should be fun and quiet. The girls love to play together. I decided to do grilled veggies, grilled shrimp cocktail then steak and turkey tips. It will be core!

Have a great day!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:24 AM   #57  
focused and aiming

paula, what are turkey tips? i've never heard of that. i grilled fish, chicken, veggies yesterday. i'd like to try turkey tips.

we're heading to the outdoor range to mow. i'm the rock thrower. curtis will follow me with the mower. should get some exercise.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:07 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

Angela...that' s really showing restraint...good for you!

107 F is ridiculous...that's Texas heat, all the way up there in Montana. It's beautiful here in Toronto today. This is the kind of day I have to t hink about to get through the winter. There are enough of the days like this one!

I walked 5 miles yesterday, and I won't do that on the weekend. I've figured out a route to the new office that results in more walking. So, as long as I don't have to carry anything heavy, it's a good route.

I'm running errands, going to a friend's for dinner and trying to stay out of trouble and OP.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:18 PM   #59  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to the pool for my exercise and then to get ready for the graduation party. I won't be able to catch up until tomorrow.

Stay OP!
Old 07-07-2007, 12:59 PM   #60  
focused and aiming

hi there, chickies. we just got home from mowing at the range. i was the rock picker/thrower. curtis did the mowing. we got a bit of exercise.

rhonda, five miles is awesome. you're going to stop dropping ounces fast.

vickie, have fun at the party.

i'm op and feeling great. this is day 4 back op.