Old 07-05-2007, 08:34 AM   #31  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone. It seems like its been so long since I've posted - I've tried to lurk and keep up but its been very busy. Changes happening at work - my role is shifting to something more strategic rather than managing a group. I hope in the next few weeks to have a set job description. It will be a change but I'm excited about it.

Our holiday was fun - fireworks Tuesday night, parade Wed and then to my moms for a family bbq. It was a good day - I didn't do too bad food wise and I did write down everything on line. Wed is the beginning of my new week - I can not use many points this week!!! I want to have a loss next Wed.

How is everyone? Patti and Vickie - good luck with the swimming classes. Sounds like a lot of fun. Its great to find an activity that is not a chore -kwim?

Angela - hope your motivation stays. Try keeping a pair of pants out that you loved that are not fitting well now as motivation. I've done that and it does help me to stay on track.

Welcome Emma!! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Frouf, gald DH is behaving. I hope the couples counseling helps to mend some of the fences that have been damaged. You are too wonderful of a person to not be on a pedestal!! You deserve that in life.

Well, need to get moving at work. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:30 PM   #32  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Paula - hard for us short froufs to get up on that pedestal - but I'm trying!

Quote:
Frouf, good luck at the counsellor today
Thanks Vickie - but the bad news is therapist called the other day to CANCEL - seems she is going into the hospital and will be unavailable for 2-3 weeks! So dh will continue to see his therapist and we await a call back from the couples one!

Still having mega problems with the eating - seems when I get home I get into this binge eating mode and eat till I'm overstuffed - very weird and bad behavior for me - trying to figure out what's eating me (pun intended!)

Congrats Patti and Vickie for continuing with the exercise - I'm sure it will show at your wi's.

Angela - sounds like you did okay with the eating! And you definitely burned some calories in that heat.

Went out w/dh to get new runners - he is starting a running program at the local running room store - they do workshops/running programs - says he got to jog with a group of 50-60 yr old women - he did okay and is going back on Sunday morning. After that we ended up at the movies - but got home very late of course and I had a very hard time getting up this morning.

Weather here gloomy and rainy - hope it gets better for the weekend. DD is performing w/her dance studio at some outdoor event sat afternoon!

Lunchtime

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:53 PM   #33  
Southside White Sox Fan

I walked 30 minutes and drank 5 glasses of water. I had my cut and color and am off to errands.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:33 PM   #34  

good girl!! Ill be back after I go for my walk tonight Vickie!! Im proud of you
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:46 PM   #35  
focused and aiming

hi, chickies. i have been busy today weeding the side and front yards. i will prob do the front this evening when there's shade. it's to be nearly 100* today and 104* tomorrow.

vickie, congratulations on staying op yesterday. i did the same. i only ate what i carried last night so i stayed true core. this am curtis was excited to have oatmeal. (and he hates oatmeal) he said he thought he was excited because he feels in control. i know what he means. i'm feeling great, too. the scales are going to be up tomorrow but at least i know i'm doing the right thing now and they will start to fall again.

patti, i knew you'd love . i'm going today to do some water walking. my feet are better today but i don't want to push them too hard. the water will cushion the shock when i walk.

hi, paula. congrats to you for making good choices. i have been missing your posts.

vickie, i got a cut/color the day before we flew to tx. i don't think curtis likes it. he's starting to use the word "butch." oh, well, it's an easy do for sure.

frouf, what movie did you see? as to the eating--are you journaling? i didn't last week and that led to a free-for-all eating frenzy. if i write it, i tend not to bite too much. just an idea.

got to go. i'll check in later.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:18 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 212/212/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hi all. New to 3FC. Plan to join WW on Monday. I was hoping to find some accountability buddies. I hope to type instead of eat when I feel the need to raid the pantry.
2mattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:02 PM   #37  
focused and aiming

mattie's mom. it's good to have you here. yep, i come here instead of the pantry, too. it's a great place to hang out and visit.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:48 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

I'm just going to take a moment to check in. I've read all the posts.

My friend died this morning at 5AM. I was not there; I had left at 2AM to get some sleep. But, her transition was peaceful and she had a friend with her at the time.

I am actually happy for her. Of course, not that she had the dreaded cancer and had to leave us, but that she is--I am convinced-- in a peaceful place and no longer in any distress.

DH and I are having a simple steak dinner, and I'm going to bed early. I went to the office today to keep some appointments, and I am very sleepy...but, not nearly as exhausted as those who were by her bedside for days on end...I do hope they are resting tonight.

Her death happened quickly. A week ago she was able to go outside and chat with friends who had come to see her. She was outside again, as recently as Sunday. I had seen her last on Saturday, when I stayed for a shift with her.

Take care of yourselves and the ones you love!

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:42 PM   #39  

Height: 5' 10"

Rhonda, I am so sorry to hear your of your freinds passing. She is with God now, and is perfect and happy. I do believe that with all my heart.

Hugs to you.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:49 PM   #40  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Rhonda - my condolences to you on the loss of your friend - I am glad you were able to see her and help care for her - I know she is in a better place!

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:11 PM   #41  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rhonda, I am so so sorry for the loss of your friend. I absolutely know how you feel right now. Remember the special times you two shared and how much you meant to each other.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:30 AM   #42  

Rhonda.

Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:40 AM   #43  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm going downtown today to meet to former employees of mine from New York for lunch. They flew into Chicago for a couple of days to see their former Chicago workmates. Jim and I each supervised them for a period of time. I guess I wasn't such a mean Manager after all. Or....maybe they just want to see Jim and our friend Mary Ann. Actually, she called me to make the arrangements so I'm clinging to the thought that she actually likes me!

We're going to my favorite restaurant ever....the Grand Lux Cafe. It's a sister restaurant to the Cheesecake Factory which I also love. I'm struggling with wanting to eat whatever the heck I want. I haven't been there in over 4 years and all the best tasting, unusual food is fattening. The fresh baked hot chocolate chip cookies are to die for. I'm sure I packed alot of pounds on in the restaurant after Jim retired. My friend Mary Ann and I went there at least once a week to drown our sorrows. Anyway......I'm returning to the scene of the crime and I'll try to find a healthy medium. Whatever I do, I'll be back on program at dinnertime....and in the pool getting exercise. In the meantime, I have two minutes to go catch up before I go get ready and eat breakfast. We have to pick up our friend and it takes a while to get downtown at this time of day.

Check it out and go there if you ever get the chance. http://www.grandluxcafe.com/menu.htm

How are you all?
Old 07-06-2007, 08:52 AM   #44  
Southside White Sox Fan

Paula, it's always great to hear from you...whenever you can get here. The work changes sound exciting. I hope you enjoy your new role.

Frouf, bummer on the therapist cancellation. Maybe 3 weeks of his going alone will get him into an even better place for the couples session. I think it's great that he's going to start a regular exercise routine. I'm seeing some stress relief from getting move again.....as much as I HATE to admit it. Maybe exercise would be stress relieving for you too, Frouf. Maybe some of your eating is coming from that. It would be great if you could find something you like. Several of us can highly recommend water exercise. Do Froufs go in water?

Sandra, that sounds TOO hot to be outside weeding, GF!!!!! Do not get heat stroke, please!

Hey Mattie's Mom! There is always someone here when you need them. I've used this chat thread as a lifeline more than once. I hope we can help.

Rhonda, I've been thinking about you alot. You and your friend were very lucky to have each other for as long as you did. You were a great friend. You didn't disappear when she needed you the most. That was a beautiful gift you gave her. I hope you take good care of yourself for a long as it takes you to say goodbye. Not forget...just goodbye. Your friend and mine will always be with us in our hearts.
Old 07-06-2007, 09:22 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

Thank you for your thoughts.

Vickie, when my husband died 21 years ago, I learned how afraid some people are of the sick and dying. So afraid that they lose their humanity often. I came to believe that those who are dying give a gift to the living if they let them into the process of exiting this world.

I slept for 12 hours last night. I hope the others are getting the rest they need.

Do you know the expression attributed to Chief Seattle? It is: "Today is a good day to die." I like that one, meaning that we should be treasure each day and realize it could be the last.

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote