Old 07-08-2007, 07:14 PM   #76  
focused and aiming

way to go, vickie! you're also a testimonial for retired life.

i did 20 min on the treadmill in my new walking shoes. so far so good. now curtis? he's all right with my walking sunday as long as i carry the cell phone, snacks, and water. i promised him i'd call for a pick me up if needed. this is going to be interesting. i don't know how far i'll walk, but i'll be with 2 nurses so i should be all right. (can you tell i've gotten a little worried?)
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:47 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

Coco...it's already been said....there's no failure unless you give up altogether...hang in there, one meal, one snack at a time. We have probably all lost, then gained back, lost again, etc....just keep on keeping on...

I did OK at the dinner party...shouldn't have eaten the cornbread, but all else was OK. I did well today also.

Regrettably, even with all the walking, no pounds are leaving me...but, they will. I am resolved and that's that. I've got to get back into the routine of taking my lunch to work and there are no where I am now. But, we're too close to the coffee shop with the muffins! I'll just have to avoid the place totally!!!!

I've not done any exercise this weekend really. In fact, I have been taking naps. I've still got some catching up to do.

Sandra, you go girl...you'll do that marathon for sure. Hope Curtis is OK..the test is a snap really...it's the worrying beforehand that is the problem.

Frouf, where are you?

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:56 PM   #78  
focused and aiming

i was wondering about frouf, too. and kathy? where are you girls?
Old 07-08-2007, 08:14 PM   #79  

Hi Everyone
Thanks for the post. I sure did need those.
Well I am thinking of asking my WW leader tomorrow night. If she will treat me like a new WW member. Like it is the first time I joined. See if she will go over program and all with me. I know I have all the info. But just thought a refresher course would help. And maybe that will help. Sure hope it will.
Its hot and humid today. 90 degress. And it is suppose to be even hotter tomorrow. I dont like this kind of weather. Seems like no matter how much water I drink. I retain fluid. I need to start watching the salty things. I have been wanting them. And I have been eating them.
Well ladies. Again thanks for the post.
Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Will let you know how it goes tomorrow night.
Am going to go and get my WW bag out. and get things ready for tomorrow night. I have all my WW stuff in a little bag.
Night everyone
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:46 PM   #80  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, I logged another hour and a half in the pool. Not much exercise this time. I was just lounging. Jim and I are going to lay on the couch tonight. Thanks for the blinks, Sandra. I need them!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:59 PM   #81  

Im back Vickie,,, no lounging in the pool till your done your exercises!! im sure you did more then you thought you did...
I managed to get a walk in today after all..i didnt think i would after catering last night.. I walked from 3-10 ..constantly. My hips and feet were killing me. Feeling better now though and managed a smaller walk tnoight..If i dont go i feel quilty. Thats a good thing.
have a great night all...
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:31 PM   #82  
focused and aiming

coco and vickie, good success to both of you at wi tomorrow.

patti, you are in the zone, girl. i am not addicted to exercise yet this time. i need to get that way.

night night, chickies.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:46 PM   #83  
Southside White Sox Fan

Patti, I got my exercise during my first 2 hour stint in the pool. I lounged during the second two hour stint!

Thanks for the well wishes, Sandra. I'm going no matter what.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:51 PM   #84  
focused and aiming

i'm proud of you, vickie. (as always)
Old 07-09-2007, 08:25 AM   #85  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm up and planning to go to WW this morning. I can hardly believe that after a week of exercise every day, my scale at home has not budged one tiny ounce. I'll be lucky if I don't have a gain once I shower and dress! I know I had two really bad non-Core meals but should have been able to cover it with all my exercise. Sigh. Nothing to do but keep at it.

Time to go get ready and plan for my errands.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:31 AM   #86  
focused and aiming

vickie, you're probably building muscle. just hang in there. the ounces will fall.

we're up readying to go to the hospital. while curtis is having his procedure, i'm going to walk over to visit my podiatrist and show him the photo of me on the pennacle. he gave me 5 cortisone injections the past 2 years and did surgery on my right foot last summer. he'll be impressed with the photo. i'm also going to take and show him my longbow. he shoots a longbow.

everything looks alive and healthy out in the yard. we have a short break in the temp but they're supposed to be around 100* thurs-sat according to the weatherbug. geesh! no telling what our waterbill is going to be this month.

i'm op. last night i snacked on a pear instead of popcorn. i don't think that bothered curtis. he said the fasting became easy when he realized he'd never want to have to start over again.

we'll prob have a laidback day after this morning. i'm wanting to go shoot my bow but i don't know if i will or not. i will go to if curtis goes to the archery club meeting tonight. i'd rather exercise. i need to get back into a routine.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:09 PM   #87  
Southside White Sox Fan

I gained .8 and I'm off to jump off a cliff.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:58 PM   #88  

and we will be there to catch you...
What if you go back to measuring everything Vickie? I know you dont have to on Core but portion sizes do sneak up on us...this week Ive taken a good look at my supper plate. Ive noticed lately I have been taking more meat then veggies ... and at times Ive been using my larger plates. I need to keep that in check. Two meals out can catch up with you too. You have no control what they put into your meal. Since I started this journey Ive eaten out about 5 times.. thats it. You mention your Chiptle bowl place often..are you sure its not high in sodium , or is that fat content high, or is there more oil used then they tell you? Im sure you asked BUT.... maybe you can keep track of your weight after you have eaten at that place. What if you ate at that place the night you weigh in rather then the night or two before you weigh in? Just my two cents here ..I know how frustrated you are.
p.a. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:20 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 220/191.8/130

Height: 5'1

Hopefully I get the hang of this chat thing sooner than later ;p

I posted in the other thread that I was new to Core...I still haven't started it as I was on Flex until recently and this week was a big ol' writeoff...I woke up this morning and felt so depressed about how I just let myself go off plan...today is going to be a menu planning/fitness planning day...hopefully I can get motivated again :/

hi
lyndz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 03:09 PM   #90  

Height: 5' 10"

Hello everyone!! Vickie -- I'm here to catch you !!! If you are sticking to program and exercising, it will show soon. Trust me, been there.....HUGS. Don't let a number on the scale throw you great work. I have a great hit man that specializes in taking out nasty scales. Let me know if you get deperate

Lyndz, welcome!!! Jump right on in and post. It won't take you long to get to know everyone. Start Core TODAY!

Well, my weekend was fun. I had a small cookout on Sunday with lots of core food. I did have 2 miller lites and tons of water. I do dread wi on Wednesday. I don't know what it is - when I have a skip week (last Wed was the holiday) I get out of control so easy and early....so I think it will be starting over again for me. One of these times it will stick! I have 4 weeks until we go to Maine for a week - I'm going ot shoot to lose 5 pds by then. Lets see where that gets me.

Sandra, good luck with the 1/2 marathon. You'll make it!!! How did Curtis make out today? hope well.

Rhonda, how is your new job going? Glad to here its a cookie free office!

Well, got to go get some stuff done. Kathy? Frouf? Angela?? Gina? Tiki? HELLO, where are you all??
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote