Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 09:47 AM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterwoman64 View Post
Hey Jannell - See where it says more at the bottom of the smiles after you go to advanced post? Well, there is soooooooo much more! I do get carried away sometimes! Glad to know someone else will too!
Well, we are all the writers of this challenge......so that is what I intend to do, will post exercise & time and OP and water consumed. Have gotten a little notebook and have been posting everyday to keep track of all of this and calories too.
I just hope everyone that possibly can will join in on the Challenge and Kelly, or Molly or whoever else.......even if you can only post once a week.......PLEASE
join in and get moving with us!!!!!!!!!
I will join the challenge. I wear a gowear fit which is just like the bodybugg. I will get my stats from there and post it.

Also concrats to all the losers and welcome to everyone that has recentky joined.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #47  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

Good morning ladies! I have officially made it to 40#'s!! Yes I know I weighed two days in a row...but like Meg said, "if God didn't want me to" ....

Janell - I began my weight loss journey on April 16th. It was with my local doctor - and was much like WS - only I had 2 shakes (150 cals each) and 1 bar (avg 150 cals) and my own L&G meal of 550 cals per day. I weighed in with her every other week and restocked on food. It was a 12 week program and I was down 28 (I believe) when it ended. I then jumped into WS on July 12th and am now at 40 total lost! I enjoy the WS more than docs stuff cause I'm able to eat every couple hours so I don't feel like I'm starving myself! I would have an average loss per week - but I weigh so often - I guess if I counted it out it'd be about 2 pounds per week just on WS...BUT I've not been exersizing like I should - so this challenge is gonna get this fat that's left to melt right off!! Congrats on your 20 posts!!

Water - WOOHOO Challenge Day 1 is finally here!! So far so good - but it's only 9:18AM here ...How early do you get up to do your water aerobics/swimming??? Wish we had a Y here that'd be SO much fun! Oh and I like your little busy smily guys too! I don't usually go hunt them down for some reason...

Meg - WS has a WONDERFUL Honey Mustard dressing - it comes in individual packets - 14 packs to a box around $7 or so dollars per box...it is absolutly wonderful! I'm a huge fan of creamy dressings and HATE the vinegrette's - I'm NOT a vinegar person (don't like pickles, olives, kraut, etc)...but this dressing is awesome and only 28 calories per packet! It's great for a dipping sauce too!! I ordered 3 boxes of it a couple weeks ago! If I know I'm going out to eat I'll throw a packet in my purse and I'm ready for anything!! Love the hot water thought - I agree with ya! I can't stay off the scale either, but I try not to obsess about what I see - most of the time!

Christine - are you still hanging with us???

Hope Kelly's doing good...missin her!!

Hump Day girls...enjoy
Old 09-01-2010, 11:55 AM   #48  

Height: 5'5"

Hi girls, just checking in. Today is my birthday so I'm going to a lovely fish restaurant, their salmon is fantastic! Everybody hang in there, we are doing it!
Old 09-01-2010, 12:15 PM   #49  
Calorie Cutting Queen

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Paula!! Hope you have a great day and enjoy your salmon tonight!!

FYI girls...DD has WS cereals on sale this week!!! I've got my order in!!
Old 09-01-2010, 12:30 PM   #50  
Method to the Madness

S/C/G: 381.4/in the middle/160

Height: 5'9

Hey ladies!

After a long hiatus (probably over a year) from posting on 3FC, I'm back and trying Wonderslim, since I gained a few lbs this summer while I was in Belize and Costa Rica for study abroad programs and want to get it in check RIGHT NOW. Haha. I've also been kind of stagnating when it comes to weight loss in general, just because of life stuff and not being committed.

That's why I'm trying Wonderslim. I figured it would be just the thing to get me recommitted to weight loss since it's so structured and is easily adaptable to a busy lifestyle. I got my stuff yesterday and started officially today, so yay! So far so good, and I've tried a couple of the shakes and the oatmeal and they've been tasty. The shakes I noticed are a little gritty unless you let them sit for a minute after shaking vigorously.

Anyway, I'm a pretty busy college senior right now, so I might not be able to keep up with all of the personal responses like many of you, but know that I am always reading (and have been lurking for a few weeks now)!
Old 09-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome Lindsey!! Glad you've decided to join in after lurking for so long

Congrats on the loss Kristi!! Woot Woot!!!

Okay...it's challenge day ladies!! Get off your arses and start exercising....otherwise I will be wearing that crown of weight loss jewels!! Yeehaw!!

If the weather holds out, I will be walking to my C25K music on my lunch break. I really hope I can do that everyday...although living in Washington, I know that ain't gonna happen....rain, rain and more rain is what our Falls and Winters are like.

Ok...also, eating on plan today!! Ugh!! Which for me means...no sugar and no bad carbs...as in white stuff. I do allow myself brown rice, whole grain, blah, blah. That's where my whole WS mixed with South Beach comes in to play

I need to fill up my water jug too..make sure I get those 64 oz down...Lord knows I've downed enough coffee today!

All for now...I'll check in later!

Last edited by jyoyo78; 09-01-2010 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #52  
Calorie Cutting Queen

Lindsey - WELCOME to our group! WS is a great way to jump start your loss and get you back on track!! Did I see your starting weight correctly?? How'd you loose that?? That's pretty impressive girl!! As for gritty shakes..you MUST try them in a blender!! I use the Hamilton Beach single serve blender and add ice - YUM! Makes'em frothy - I also squirt in some S/F DaVinci flavored syrups - double YUM!! Belize and CR?? WOW!! Bet that was some beautiful terrain!! What are you studying?? Good luck to you - sorry for all the questions, but "inquiring minds want to know "

No way YoYo - that crown is MINE!!! I downloaded the c25k app last night - won't get to do it today though had lunch with hubs (i love that guy) and we have church tonight...

It's about an hour till quittin' time!! YAY!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 05:07 PM   #53  
Finish What I Started!!

S/C/G: 240/190/130

Welcome to the new posters! I love all the activity here.

Lindsey - Congrats on your great loss, did you do WS before? You are an awesome motivation for me!!!

I did my exercise today (30 min on treadmill) and already have my 8 glasses of water in - yeah! How would you like to report? Daily? Weekly? A separate post just for stats? Is there one person who will keep track of points? Oh, so many questions.....
Old 09-01-2010, 05:45 PM   #54  
Method to the Madness

Since Kristikins and JanellBea asked, I lost the bulk of my weight just by counting calories and trying to eat a balanced diet full of fruits, veggies, healthy fats, lean proteins, and whole grains... that kinda deal. However, I kind of found that I was a little obsessive with counting calories to the point where I felt like it was harming my relationship with my boyfriend. It's kind of complicated, but basically I was letting it interfere with my social life and I honestly was not at all happy.

As an alternative, I decided to just try eating when I was hungry and stopping when I was satisfied, which worked out great. I even lost quite a bit of weight that way while still eating calorie dense foods. HOWEVER, I'm also a major stress eater, so whenever life stress came around (MCAT studying, applying to med schools, being in a foreign country for an extended period of time), I would snack even when not hungry, which is how my weight loss sort of stagnated and even crept up quite a bit this summer while I was away. So that's why I decided I needed to go "back to basics" by doing a calorie controlled, structured diet like Wonderslim to give me the confidence that I used to have that I can stick to an eating plan and successfully lose weight.

After I get back to where I was last November, which is the weight you see on my profile, I'll decide if I want to lose another 20 with Wonderslim or if I'd rather try intuitive eating again. It may all depend on whether I get bored with the WS foods or not. :P

And back to Kristikins other question, I'm an International Studies major with a minor in chemistry and I'm hoping to go to medical school next fall. In Belize, I was on a health team with a group near the Guatemalan border. I did a study abroad program required for my major in Costa Rica. Both countries are very beautiful, but Costa Rica is a lot cooler temperature wise in most places (but rainier right now!), which made outdoor activities a lot more pleasant.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:40 PM   #55  

Height: 5'6

Still here. Flying by. 2 more days til vacation then you can expect an overload from me =P

Glad to see everyone is doing well!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #56  
Method to the Madness

Quick question for you chickadees. For the puddings, have any of you tried making them ahead of time and then letting them sit in the fridge to get cold? This is the way that normal Jello pudding or something would be made, but none of the packages seem to list this as a prep method. I'm worried that the thickeners aren't that stable and I might end up with cold runny liquid or something if I let it sit for too long.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #57  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLouWho View Post
Quick question for you chickadees. For the puddings, have any of you tried making them ahead of time and then letting them sit in the fridge to get cold? This is the way that normal Jello pudding or something would be made, but none of the packages seem to list this as a prep method. I'm worried that the thickeners aren't that stable and I might end up with cold runny liquid or something if I let it sit for too long.
I'm not sure, but I might try this tomorrow. I'll let you know.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:28 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 220/190/160

Height: 5'6"

Lindsey - Hi. The only pudding that I ever tried.....which was early on was the chocolate marshmallow. It sat in the frig. and kinda got forgotten and got a crust over the top like regular pudding will. Don't know if it had been in there too long (probably 4 days) but I did not like it at all.
However, I adore the cheesecake and make it in a shaker cup that has a cover. It does not get a hard film over the top........and is YUMMY!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:36 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 220/190/160

Height: 5'6"

Janell - you have brought up some good questions about the challenge. I did find in the Over 50's support group a sticky where they are doing a Sept. challenge. Their moderator posted her goals (they are doing a 4 point thing) and then said to please make one initial post for yourself (on the sticky area), then edit it each day.
She has the goals at the top of her post and then the days laid out. It looks kinda like this:
3FCWS Sept. Get Movin Challenge
1. Exercise at least 30 minutes every other day
2. Stay OP with your eating
3. Get in at least 64 oz. of water per day

9/1 - I swam for 1 hr; 1 stayed OP and drank 105 oz. water today = 3 points
9/2
9/3, and on down. Here would be my problem........I don't know how to start one of these sticky's for us. But that would be ideal. So we need one of these computer savvy gals who would know how to make us a sticky to start us out. You can go to that site to see what she has done if you need clarification.

Last edited by Waterwoman64; 09-01-2010 at 09:56 PM. Reason: figured out how to edit and am testing it on this post
Old 09-01-2010, 10:17 PM   #60  
Finish What I Started!!

S/C/G: 240/190/130

Well, I tried and couldnt figure it out. Do you have to be a moderater to start a Sticky? We could just start a new thread called the WS September Challenge?
Closed Thread