Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 06:22 PM   #31  
Finish What I Started!!

S/C/G: 240/190/130

Height: 5'5"

Paula, thanks so much for the exercise tips - I know it is something I must learn to enjoy to keep the weight off.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOYO!!!! Hope you had a fantastic day!!!

As far as the challenge goes, I LOVE the idea of the crown as the avatar - like you said, every girl needs a crown I am open to whatever everyone else wants to do - Sept 1 is almost here!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 11:13 PM   #32  

Hi, I am new here but wanted to join this topic. I have read most of the last wonderslim #3 but am still reading through it and hope to read through the first 2 threads also.
My name is Shannon. I am doing the New lifestyle diet ( it is just the wonderslim stuff under another name and I acutally have ordered stuff from the wonderslim site when I ran short on a few things).
I started on june 9th 2010. I have lost right about 30 pounds. I have heard of people losing lots very quickly but mine has been slower. I am ok with that. As long as I am losing. I have gotten quite a bit of motivation, inspiration and ideas from reading the past posts here on the subject and I would love to join you all in your challenge and weigh ins etc.
My main downfall has been lack of exercise....I need to start that and I think that will help a lot.
I started at 245 pounds. I am down to 215 now. I am only 5 foot 2 and want to lose at least 100 pounds total ( goal weight of 145, even though that is still above what the charts say I should weigh)
Anyways, I guess I better make an intro..My name is Shannon. I am 39 years old. I live in Tucson arizona. I am married. I have 4 kids ( 22, 19, 13 and 8). I am going to be a grandma in december. I have a poodle and a chihuahua that I adore and they are 2 of the best companions I could ask for.
I have struggled with my weight all my life but this has been my all time high. I got to the point where I was telling myself that I would just be obese forever and that it was ok...but I just kept gaining more and more and started having health issues related to the weight. I stopped going out, I do not like anybody to see what I look like, I just feel like I stopped living my life. I had thought of having weight loss surgery but am afraid to do so and figured after trying just about every other diet possible that this would be my last ditch effort to get this weight off.
I look forward to getting to know you all.
Thanks
Shannon
Old 08-31-2010, 12:14 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome Shannon...so glad you found us. We all seem to post pretty regularly...so join in the fun! Noticed you said you need to do the exercise thing, well so do the rest of us, so make sure you read up on the exercise challenge...starts on Sept. 1...so get in gear girl!
Old 08-31-2010, 12:21 AM   #34  
Finish What I Started!!

Hi Shannon and welcome! Congrats on your loss, you are doing great! What is the cost comparison between NLD and WS? I am in the same boat as you with the exercise - don't like it - dont do it! I am excited about the exercise challenge to get my fanny moving! I have a friend who has a stables in Cave Creek, is that close to you?
Old 08-31-2010, 02:00 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 220/190/160

Height: 5'6"

Joyoyo - - have been wanting to see this one forever!!! This is all of us singing you your bday song!!! You can exercise all that celebrating off on Wednesday!
Thanks for answering the # of posts question......I have never noticed that and was looking all over.
About the Challenge - I think the goal would be the recommended 64 oz. then don't get more points for more, just as one would not get more points for exercising more than 4 days per week, huh? Then OP to me would mean what I normally do for my program.......with NO Cheats. For example, today, I was totally OP all day, after dinner was over, had done shakes and all to reach my calorie goal. BUT then at 9:15 got the munchies......and something happened. Figured I could have a lite snack of about 60 calories that would not take me over by too much, and totally lost it......went back for more Pretty disappointing - and also would not give myself credit for OP if we were on the challenge today. Would get a point for water and a point for exercise though as I began my swim aerobics this a.m.
How does everyone else think about that? The Crown Avitar sounds great too. Found a sticky where one group had a monthly challenge and it is on their wall for eternity of who the monthly winners were. We might just want to do something like that too if we haven't killed ourselves by the end of September!
to Shannon! You can share your New Lifestyle hints with us too. Congratulations on your 30 Lbs!!!!!!!!!!
Jannell - a fun banner would be cool too......Just think, you are only a couple of posts away from getting all the goodies!!!
Goddess - a real life Tiara - how neat is that! I haven't tried any of the cereals yet, know that Kristi is a big fan of them. Is the oatmeal different from regular oatmeal in nutrition content?
Paula - Your story sounds alot like me - at 40 my metabolism really took a flip! But, I too, wanted to continue eating like a kid at a carnival! With the subsequent weight gain, have been dieting and yo-yoing since. This really is the end of it all for me I hope and for all the rest of us too.
I know one thing for sure, that if I had this month long stall before meeting all of you, I would have given it all up weeks ago. Thank goodness Kristi gave me that 'little pep talk'.......
Old 08-31-2010, 08:16 AM   #36  

Default New on wonderslim

Hi everyone ! I am new to this forum I have been in search for a forum for wonderslim and am glad I finally found one!! I completed my first week and the scale is saying I gained ... I weighed in on day 3 because of exitement and I was down 2 lbs then weighed in on day 7 and I am up almost 6 lbs how!!!!! I'm gonna cry!!! I know my TOM is about to be here but that's such a big gain I am scarred to go on if I will keep gaining. Please help thnk u!!!!

Christina
Old 08-31-2010, 09:33 AM   #37  
Goddess of All

S/C/G: 174.5/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Wow! Lots of action, between BIRTHDAYS and new peeps! Welcome!!!

I have to say, after 4 days OP, I am feeling really good. I realized that I've actually lost my cravings for carbs! Me, the person who would eat carbs only for the rest of my life!!!

A couple of challenges for me: every Tuesday, a group of us in the office go out for "Taco Tuesday." Well, the taco place is now closed, so we pick a different place. I put my request in for a place that does salads. Hopefully that will work out. If not, I put a "lunch" into my bag and I'll keep that here at work if they pick a place where I know I won't be able to get lean and green.

Tomorrow night DH and I have tickets to the baseball game. Not just regular tickets, but Event Suite tickets (thanks, DH's boss!!!). I suspect that there will be tons of (FREE) food there!!

Lastly, I have been stepping on the scale every AM and so far I've only lost 1.5 pounds. I know it's going to take time. My head knows it but my eyes want to see a 50 pound loss in 4 days!!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 11:28 AM   #38  
Goddess of All

Guess who just spilled a vanilla shake down her shirt and pants???? Yep, me! Luckily I have a t-shirt here (from my work-out bag. Go figure, it was clean!!) and there wasn't too much on my pants!
Old 08-31-2010, 02:15 PM   #39  
Finish What I Started!!

Goddess - you will smell like vanilla all day now - people will want to know what perfume you are wearing

Bella - did you weigh at the same time of day? same clothing? that does seem strange. Maybe your scale went kaput! I have a love/hate relationship with the scale, I need to wean myself off and only weigh once a week, but it is hard.

I'm ALL about 50 lbs in 4 days - when u figure it out - let me know, I'll pay BIG BUCKS!!!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:00 PM   #40  
Calorie Cutting Queen

S/C/G: 279/265/165

Height: 5.5

WOO HOOO!! Anyone notice my ticker??? Finally it's moving again! I'm now down 39.5 pounds!! YAY!!! Getting closer to playing with my IPOD w/out feeling guilty !!!

Meg - I think having a real tiara is a wonderful idea...I may have to hunt one down - but it's gotta be really sparkly!! You are right the cereal isn't near as good w/out milk!! Keep hanging in there girl...

Yoyo - GREAT idea on speed walking instead of running or jogging - walking I can do, just not sure about the running..I'll be downloading the C25K app tonight to get started on that! So glad your concert was good, sorry you had to endure drama though - I HATE teenage drama (and that's what it usually boils down to!!). Hoping your next concert is better!! Oh...and you have a package on it's way to you!!

Paula - I LOVE R&B and funk...of course I LOVE disco too!!! And classic rock..that'll get my booty shakin!!

Shannon - Welcome to our group - I'm interested in knowing about your tips too!!! So bring'em on! So glad you're up for our challenge too! I think exersize is a hard thing for most of us to get into - hopefully with a little competiton we'll all be movin and shakin! As for your goal weight - mine is more than the charts too - but hey, ya gotta start somewhere right!! Congrats on your loss thus far! Keep it up!!

Water - I like the deets you've prepared for our challenge and totally agree with you - should be for "our" plan, water (64 oz) and movement! Woo Hoo..it's TOMORROW ladies!! I'm SO ready!

Christina - Hang in there, don't let TOM get you down! Don't weigh anymore until after that...just make sure you're eating enough - and be sure to write all your food down somewhere..join our challenge and re-evaluate in a couple weeks!!! You can do this...WELCOME to our group!!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:26 PM   #41  
Finish What I Started!!

KRISTI - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Remiind me how long you have been on WS? Do you have an average weight loss per week? I am so ready to get started!!! I am looking forward to being at my goal weight by the first of the year - a New Year to really celebrate my new body!!!

This is my 20th post, so once I hit 20 days I will be a real member and be able to add fun stuff to my signature
Old 08-31-2010, 10:49 PM   #42  

Christina - and PLEASE don't give up. It seems as if most everyone has problems at their TOM it sounds alot like water bloat to me.......or maybe it could also be that scale thing. Just hang in there........keep up with your water drinking and plan and give it some time. Thanks for joining us.....and am reminding you that our September Challenge starts tomorrow.
Kristi - See.....just "thinking" about all that exercise got the scale going down for you! YAY! for you!!!!!
Janell - 20 posts! You are a real member.......you were with your first post......now you will get the perks. It is so much fun to get all the goodies! and great to have you posting with us!
Know you are all set for tomorrow!
GoddessM- It sure is great to lose the cravings! Mine now are only psychological unless I have eaten one of the no-no foods......then the physical side effects of that stuff kicks in. Your BB game sounds great! Am sure you will enjoy it.....the free food (does that mean free of calories? ha)
Okay all.........I will be bright and early tomorrow a.m. when you are just getting out of your jammies!!
Watch out World.........here we come!
Old 08-31-2010, 11:00 PM   #43  
Finish What I Started!!

Water, LOVE your post!! How in the world do you get all those fun things? I love the little swimmer All I know how to do is smiley faces Tomorrow I will be dong the treadmill, I think I will walk this week and then start a new video series next week when we get back from our weekend get away.

So, do we just post our daily exercise minutes, water and if we were OP or not? Want to make sure I get things right.

See you all in the morning
Old 08-31-2010, 11:08 PM   #44  

Hey Jannell - See where it says more at the bottom of the smiles after you go to advanced post? Well, there is soooooooo much more! I do get carried away sometimes! Glad to know someone else will too!
Well, we are all the writers of this challenge......so that is what I intend to do, will post exercise & time and OP and water consumed. Have gotten a little notebook and have been posting everyday to keep track of all of this and calories too.
I just hope everyone that possibly can will join in on the Challenge and Kelly, or Molly or whoever else.......even if you can only post once a week.......PLEASE
join in and get moving with us!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:39 AM   #45  
Goddess of All

Good Morning Gals! Happy 1st of September to us all.

I'm feeling great! I was able to have a salad for lunch yesterday (even tho the dressing was blaaa. I need to find individual packets of dressing). And as of this morning, after 5 days on program, I have lost 3 pounds!!!! Now, I figure if God didn't want me to weigh myself every day, He'd wouldn't make me wait to get hot water in my shower!!!
Closed Thread