Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 04:42 PM   #346  

Carol Sue, Your part terrier story caught my eye, this here is Freida, she is our rescue pup, the first picture is her when we got her, they told us a Boxer mixed with a wire hair terrier, well, here we are 2 years later, and we have now been told she is part Irish Wolfhound and I am still thinking Boxer. How she turned out like she did I don't know, we were expecting another littler dog, she is a horse!!
But yeah, terriers mixed in with anything are always hoot, they have a stubborn streak. So glad your new groomer worked out, I think the last thing we want to do is stress these dogs, after all a bath is suppose to be fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0117 [800x600].jpg (15.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02925 [800x600].jpg (36.9 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by chickadeee55; 10-01-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:46 PM   #347  

I think the carb eater monster came to visit me yesterday, ugh! I am going to say it is a combination of things, but one might be the new meds I am taking. I do not want this to happen again, so I have to pay attention to what I think I want and what I really need.
I start 5 days off of work tomorrow, so I have to plan accordingly, we will take day trips, one trip will be to Trader Joe's, I am so curious about that place.

Today:
B: Mock pancakes, coffee
S: Pear, pecans
L: Tuna salad made with cr cheese, cucumbers
S: Yogurt, coffee
D: unknown at this point, maybe just a veggie drink.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:08 PM   #348  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

chickadee. Trying to get used to new medication is a drag!

Personally, I’m dreading taking the heroin. Ok so it’s not heroin, it’s still meth (otrexate), but a higher dosage in liquid form that I will need to inject. Not sure how that is going to work with me. My brain will probably drop its towel and run screaming from my skull when the needle is in my hand. The pharmacy is not cooperating, so there may be a delay with the first dose. So disappointing.

I’m with you Mars on the carbs….my brain shuts down when they get too low. I’m not sure what range is optimal for me, but I’ve been wavering between 70 -130 total carbs and that seems manageable.

In my dreams last night, my arms were toned and thin. And while tootling around the workplace, today, I felt stronger, happy and confident that I am moving toward thinness…..then a former co-worker popped in. I haven’t seen her in, oh, three years. I’m still fat, and probably wearing the same clothes I wore when we worked together. Sigh.

Still trying to achieve a menu that does not vary.
B: 1/2C oats w/1/4T butter, 2T 2%, 1T brown sugar and cinnamon
Coffee w/ 2%
L/S: salad, 2C fruit (pineapple, strawberries, cantaloupe, blueberries)
D: salmon, few green beans
Old 10-02-2015, 05:39 AM   #349  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Quote from Mars on 9/30 ~ WI 170.4@330a. I'd like to think I would weigh less if I had weighed later, lol. Rennie I am working on catching up to you, now. I'm ready for a challenge if you are still interested.
Mars I have caught you 170.2 yesterday and 170.5 today. I sent you a friend request on MFP. I did survive the mashed potatoes. Yesterday I had to resist Oreo cookies, these children are killing me

Jacqui, I did resist those potatoes YAY ME Jacqui GO YOU on the lb Ha as we know the 170's are my hardest decade also. I'm trying to not see 176-179 this month I'm back at 170 as of yesterday. Hoping to get back into the 160's before I get in to deep I like what Mars said "your weight is sinking like a stone!" RE: the old groomer ... you know they say baby's and animals "just know"

SeeMyFeet, I too love them with a ton of butter or brown gravy . Check this out ... I found this cheddar broccoli soup mix/base by "my favorite gourmet" at Dollar Tree, you mix in your mashed potatoes add milk and voila ... bad I know Glad you weren't part of the work drama. The people at work geesh I don't know much about RA, but I pray that you and Jacqui get relief from it SeeMyFeet you're/we're not fat, we are pleasantly plump, on our way to being sensibly smaller

PrairieQueen I need to do more salads. Maybe I can now with the PV days on Dukan. LOL on the beans and being at work that happens with me no matter what I eat now. I have to be truly careful or one may slip ... so not good and quite embarrassing

Carol YAY on the groomer

Chicky, the first pix she does look like a Boxer and the second more Terrier Enjoy your five days off. I'm off today. Found out this morning as I'm driving in during the wee hours of the morning, smh

Well on Wednesday night I only got 4 hours of sleep (probably only 3.5 hours of real sleep) so I'm blaming my .4 up on that and no treadmill time. Then yesterday, no treadmill time (needed to be in two places at the same time and the afternoon/evening got away from me) I got about 6 hours of sleep so not bad there but I ate 2 slices of 40 calorie wheat bread (most I actually pulled off). I don't like the part that doesn't have the meat in it, weird I know. (the meatloaf didn't fit properly, lol) good thing for me, huh oh and I had a half of a bag of p--c--- don't want to start the craving thing going again so I'm up .3 this morning. I'll reel it in today since I'm off ttyl everyone

Last edited by love2b150; 10-02-2015 at 05:41 AM.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:38 AM   #350  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Things are almost back to normal with the plumbing today! Back down to a little below pre-episode weight. The two salads did their work.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:55 AM   #351  
~Rennie

YAY PrairieQueen May I ask what your salads consist of? I need all of the help in that department I can get. I've drank magnesium citrate before but it has never worked as fast for me as it did for you. It always takes 12 hours and I have even had times when it didn't work at all. Just gave me a rumbling/rolling stomach
Old 10-02-2015, 09:27 AM   #352  
~Rennie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
S 2 B-up bars from the travel stash in trunk of car Rennie, I gotta say I love the PBJ & choc mint! I don't think they are that sweet, but then nothing is too sweet for this gal
I thought I had opened the pb&j one. I hadn't. It's good ... I was hungry. The smoothie thing isn't gonna happen today, too much time on my hands and too lazy to do anything so I pulled out a bar. not bad ... and not the cereal and other stuff my brain keeps thinking about and slicing them into pieces makes me think I'm eating candy

Last edited by love2b150; 10-02-2015 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:06 AM   #353  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Wow, Rennie, Magnesium Citrate is like dynamite for me! LOL

I will look for the broccoli cheese mix at Dollar Tree. DH loves mashed potatoes and might like those.

Chickadeee, your dog is beautiful, not matter what breed she is!

Jacqui, in defense of the first groomer, she has been grooming our dogs since 1981. She has to be in her 70s. And she's rather gruff. We were thinking it might have been that I wasn't there, because Rusty is very attached to me. I was right there next to the table the whole time they were grooming him at the new place. They are more expensive, but only 5 min from our house. I would be needing a new groomer anyway because who knows how long the older groomer will be working. DH said the groomer who was off because she got bit might be gun shy from doing hand-to-handle dogs when she comes back.

SeeMyFeet, I love oatmeal. Since I tend to eat eggs every morning the oatmeal gets left out. I used to buy the instant packets because I could take them to work, but now I want to use the cooked, and maybe even try the steel cut. Many people say it raises blood sugar too high but you have to eat a protein with it. When I was in the hospital, first diagnosed with diabetes, they gave me oatmeal every morning, a very small portion, along with a very small portion of scrambled eggs substitute, a slice of toast, and a small portion of fruit. I continued that for several months after I came home and my blood sugar was in good control. It sounds like a really big breakfast, but the portions were very small. I think portion is the key. It was probably 1/2 cup of oatmeal, along with egg substitute to equal 1 egg, not the portions we have grown accustomed to having, and I was told to always eat a protein with a carb. Now that winter is upon us I will probably try oatmeal again.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:27 AM   #354  
maintaining since 9/2013

[QUOTE=love2b150;5206414]Mars I have caught you 170.2 yesterday and 170.5 today.

Our challenge is on! gotta catch up with you! I like doing a day to day check in, and also can have a month's end?

Jacqui I'm leaving in 4 weeks, 2 days. I'm hearing different info re internet connectivity in Cuba, but hope to keep posting. I'm anxious about food, for the 2 night stay in Miami. Miami hotel is near airport hence not near a supermarket where I could buy a pre-made healthy salad. Would like to start off trip with healthy veg-rich meals, as it's unlikely that will be available once on the road in Cuba.
Running late again!

Last edited by mars735; 10-02-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:44 AM   #355  
~Rennie

Carol, we use the soup mix and make it like a cream of potato type thing. My 11 year old was the one that did it. She even added broccoli, cheese and bacon. A creative little booger she is

LOL Mars, we are here together Let's do this
Old 10-02-2015, 12:09 PM   #356  

Here are some pictures of Rusty. The first one was taken in the shelter before we adopted him. The second was before his haircut and then after the haircut. I really like him better longer, but he had some tangles that had to be shaved off, thus the short cut. They cut off his darker tips so he will probably grow back a total blonde! He's really tired today. Yesterday was an ordeal for him.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG0010A.jpg (31.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG0036A.jpg (41.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG0075A.jpg (50.9 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 10-02-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:14 PM   #357  
~Rennie

He's a cutie. Looks like he's saying, why do you keep taking pictures of me?
Old 10-02-2015, 01:18 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
YAY PrairieQueen May I ask what your salads consist of? I need all of the help in that department I can get. I've drank magnesium citrate before but it has never worked as fast for me as it did for you. It always takes 12 hours and I have even had times when it didn't work at all. Just gave me a rumbling/rolling stomach
It was a harvest salad....I was looking at ways to use up my pears from our little pear tree (without having to can them all) and found it.....

I kind of combined a couple of recipes I saw and used plain old Iceberg lettuce, pears, dried cranberries, walnuts, feta cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette. It was loaded with calories but I didn't care at that point. I bought the Traditional Medicinals "Smooth Moves" tea as well, but didn't have to use it. Glad I have it in the cabinet though.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:25 PM   #359  
~Rennie

PrairieQueen, I have the smooth moves tea also and the last time I use that it didn't do a thing. I have the Yogi detox tea that was recommended with some diet I was on and that did nothing. SO a bunch of things that taste awful, that don't work, LOL Someone on here told me about pears and fiber. Maybe I should eat a couple of pears daily but then I have to worry about the sugar. I just can't win Thanks for letting me know and Wow your own pear tree.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:59 PM   #360  

Rennie, I don't think you have to worry about the sugar in pears because of the fiber. I love pears. You guys are all looking for ways to help you "go" and I'm taking Immodium! LOL I don't understand why I have so much trouble losing weight when I go so often. I know, TMI.

The original groomer who was unable to groom Rusty told me that she thinks he's a Lhaso Apso, not a Terrier. I looked them up online and now I think I agree with her. He is the right height and weight, and with the new haircut, he looks like one, and the site I was reading said that they take "watchdog" to extreme and are very wary of strangers. This is exactly the problem we have with him! When people come to our house he wants to tear them apart! I wish I knew how to break him of it.
Closed Thread