Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 10:42 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Jacqui, the potatoes I ate were not because my blood sugar was low, but because I was having the symptoms of a low. Since my blood sugars have been coming down, my body isn't used to it and interprets it as a low. I should not have eaten the carbs, but instead, rode it out. I'll learn. I don't think I did too much damage, as my blood sugar this evening was 96. I haven't been below 100 for over a year, so this lower carb is working. Now to get it to work with the scale!
Old 08-07-2015, 08:24 AM   #437  

This morning my FBG was 121. Yay! No glimiperide needed this morning, so no increase in insulin release!
Old 08-07-2015, 08:55 AM   #438  
maintaining since 9/2013

Carol Sue It sounds like you are turning this ship around! Less insulin leads to less fat storage. You know this ! I'd bet you are due for a wt drop very soon, but the BG on its own is fantastic. Way to go! I have lots to say about that hunger issue but will save it till later. I'm envious, as I could eat 24/7 and often eating itself seems to make me want to eat more!

Jacqui I'm so glad things are working better!

Bewildered Good for YOU for staying committed. Reading about your steaks made my mouth water!!! I know you will figure out how to adjust things for you. I hope the scale gives appropriate feedback today. Sometimes it takes its sweet time, fickle thing! The exercise doesn't burn as much as we think despite what trackers say. I've read that if you build muscle, then your body must burn calories just to maintain the muscle. So in the big picture, it allows you to eat more because your baseline need is greater. Hang in there! Sounds like its time to start planning your next vacation! Congrats on the ticker. Cute fish! Does she have a special meaning?

Mary That nurse sounds like many that I know. Denial! I think there is some truth to the fact that many people gain wt while in school so I hope you feel extra proud of yourself for working hard to eat healthfully and lose wt on top of nursing school! What is your next rotation/didactic coming up? How much longer til graduation?

Will write more later. I'm a little behind my life the last couple of days. Yesterday slept late & after work went to friends to pick fresh tomatoes and basil. Two glasses of wine later (red wine would have been better then white)....Fortunately the wine did not affect my resolve to avoid food. I ate dinner beforehand. I had such a great time; the wine relaxed me a good way, more than the pizza would have done had I caved.

Last edited by mars735; 08-07-2015 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-07-2015, 08:57 AM   #439  
maintaining since 9/2013

Week 1 June 9 169.9
Week 8 High 167.4 Low 164.6 AVG 165.8
Week 9
8/1 165.4 Carb Day (+.8)
8/2 167 (+1.6)
8/3 166.2 (-.8)
8/4 167.2 (+1)
8/5 165.4 (-1.8)
8/6 165.4
8/7 165.0 (-.4) still up from the lowest, but that should remind me not to go crazy tomorrow!

B omelet with leftover veg soup, whey shake/coffee
L salad, beans, chicken, evoo
D turkey chili, butternut, cauli, onion, coconut oil
S whey shake, fresh picked tomato, 2 glasses white wine

Last edited by mars735; 08-07-2015 at 09:01 AM.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:21 AM   #440  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Carol Sue, your blood sugar being below 100 last night and your fbg being 121 this morning is such wonderful news!!! And I have no doubt the scale will start to reflect your efforts! How exciting!

Mars, yay on the 165 even! Way to go on avoiding pizza last night! The wine didn't seem to hurt you any, so fantastic!

Bewildered, woohoo on the new ticker! I hope your weigh-in goes well today! I actually did get out to the gym last night about an hour before it closed and walked a couple of miles. My stomach was still rumbling a little, but I thought walking might actually help it and it did seem to. It wasn't much of a workout but it was something, so I felt good about that!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 08-07-2015 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:21 AM   #441  

Finally! Back down to my low!

Week 14:
8/2--193.5
8/3--194
8/4--193
8/5--193
8/6--193.5
8/7--192
8/8--

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:

2 fried eggs
2 slices of bacon
Greek yogurt with Mio
Mio water

Lunch:
Field greens and veggies salad, with turkey, walnuts, and ranch dressing
Mio water

Snack:

Dinner: @ local sports grill with friends
Large salad with grilled chicken and ranch dressing
Water with lemon

Today's Exercise:
2-mile walk, 2 sets of 12 reps each on 8 leg, waist, and back machines

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 08-08-2015 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-07-2015, 11:10 AM   #442  
maintaining since 9/2013

I am so happy to hear that Jacqui! Can't wait to see what the coming week brings!
Old 08-07-2015, 11:51 AM   #443  
`

I guess I should have just sat on the couch eating bon bons and nachos all week if I was going to end up with these kind of numbers. I ate less than 10 carbs a day most of these days and stayed within a decent calorie range for losing on all 7. Proving once again, that my body is whack. I’m going to go cry into my bacon.

Week 1 - High 238.6 - Low 234.0 - Avg Daily 236.0
Week 2 - High 237.0 - Low 232.6 - Avg Daily 234.6

Week 3 - High 237.0 - Low 233.6 - Avg Daily 235.0

8/01 - 233.6
8/02 - 233.8
8/03 - 234.0
8/04 - 234.4
8/05 - 235.8
8/06 - 236.6
8/07 - 237.0

Walked 3.58 miles
Old 08-07-2015, 12:12 PM   #444  

Bewildered, I'm sorry. I can so relate to this. My 7 days of low carb has not really given me a weight loss either. I am still a smidge above 200, and I believe that at one time recently I was a smidge below. This is when many people give up. Let's not do that. Let's keep going, knowing that even though we aren't showing a loss we are doing something healthy for our bodies. I believe that we will prevail, eventually. It's just not as easy for us. For me, I'm going to try upping my water and just keep the toilet lid up! LOL
Old 08-07-2015, 12:52 PM   #445  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Wannabe - I was thinking the same about people starting to give up doing any kind of weight loss plan when they seem to be stalling. I do not count carbs but consciously try to keep low-quality carbs low and high quality carbs med.

I also believe that all the stallers (myself included) will prevail! Stay strong ladies (and any gentlemen out there).

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 08-07-2015 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-07-2015, 01:08 PM   #446  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Carol Sue good job on your BS

Jacqui, glad things are moving

Bewildered, mars, Mary I had pages to catch up on and I know a is in order but I can[t remember for what

I haven't been doing well with my eating at all. I have been eating what I want everyday after work and I know that is a but I've been doing it anyway. My wedding rings were so tight I could barely get them off this morning. Today I've kept my water consumption up and I decided to do that Military Diet to hopefully have a little organization for a few days since every plan that I have come up with has gone out of the window. I don't know if this will work because those of you that know me know that I have tried this several times over the years and have never made it pass day one and it's only a three day thing, smh. The good thing is this time I have everything for it here except the cottage cheese and the vanilla ice cream. What may also keep me motivated this time is my son. He has challenged me to lose 4lbs. He says let's see who can do it the fastest. I actually want to lose 5.4lbs which will get me back down to 169. Let's hope ...

01 ~ 174.0 (+1.3)
02 ~ 174.0 (N/C)
03 ~ 173.7 (-0.3)
04 ~ 173.2 (-0.5)
05 ~ 174.7 (+1.5)
06 ~ 173.0 (-1.7)
07 ~ 174.4 (+1.4)
Old 08-07-2015, 01:24 PM   #447  
`

Carol Sue, I don’t really understand the language that y’all are speaking, but it sounds like things are better for you in the things that you have to keep an eye on. I’m happy for you!
Thanks so much for your words of wisdom and the giggle! I needed that! I’m not going to give up. I’m going to keep chugging the water, too and hoping something breaks loose.

Mars, you are a master of willpower, drinking wine and not snacking. I’m so glad that you had fun and great job on ending the week lower than your pre-carb day weight! I bow.
Oh, the tickerfish doesn’t have any meaning. I just got a giggle when I saw it and needed the comic relief lately.

Jacqui, so glad the walking helped with the gurgling! You are such a trooper. Yay for being back to your low!

PrairieQueen, We WILL prevail!

Rennie, great to see you! I had such a range of emotions between the words “cottage cheese” and “vanilla ice cream”. I don’t like cottage cheese whatsoever, but you should have seen me perk up when I saw “vanilla ice cream”. Sounds like my kind of diet! I hope you find something that works for you. I think the challenge with your son will get you motivated! He should have to lose twice the amount though because of the male advantage…

Even if I never lose another pound, avoiding sugar keeps me feeling well so I will never go back to empty carbs day to day. However, gaining is unacceptable so if this is the crossover to the other side of hormones, I wish it would get on with it because I am not going to starve myself (been there, done that). Worst case, I will head to the doctor in September when I get back to the real world and find out what the heck is going on. Hopefully, I won’t weigh 300 by then...

The bacon was sooooo good! It was sliced so big that I could only get 4 pieces in the pan, but I squeezed in a 5th on the side. It was all I could do not to eat all 5 pieces because I haven't had bacon in ages; okay, I had 3...and a couple bites of scrambled eggs that I had batch cooked in the grease. I'm thinking one piece is a serving...I forgot to weigh it raw.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Bewildered; 08-07-2015 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:47 PM   #448  
~Rennie

Bewildered I don't like cottage cheese either but it's only one cup and if I get the large curd I think it's called, I can put it in my mouth and swallow it. I'm such a big kid. the vanilla ice cream ... I don't see the purpose or understand but I guess it all works out, idk. My son is a big guy 6'3, 232 I think he said. He was 259 so he's doing well. He went to the gym, came home ate a chunk of chocolate fudge cake and some peppered chicken with lots of rice. I wanna see who does what I crave sugar and salty stuff also. Not sure what is going on with my hormones. I've been spotting off and on, yet again, smh. Bacon I can eat a pound

here's my menu today
B ~ 1.5 cup coffee (I think that's how big my mug is)
1 multi-grain light English muffin w/ 2tbsp pb
1 small grapefruit

L ~ 1.5 cup green tea
1 high fiber, low carb, whole wheat tortilla
1 can tuna with 1 tbsp real mayo, onion, gp and mustard

D ~ 3oz tilapia
1 cup green beans
1/2 banana
1 small apple
1 cup vanilla ice cream
Old 08-07-2015, 03:43 PM   #449  

Bewildered, I'm sorry. I know that's frustrating! Who knows why our bodies decide to do these crazy upswings? Hang in there!

Mars, thanks! I considered skipping Carb Day tomorrow, which I never do, but I just wanted to make sure my body was back on track. Then I came across Pillsbury quick-bake mint chocolate cookies and Nestle's Girl Scout Thin Mint candy today at this little oddball grocery store we frequent and it was all over, lol! So I told DH not to bring home pumpkin doughnuts tomorrow (as hard as those words were coming out of my mouth) and I bought the cookies and candy. It will be interesting to see how much resolve I have tomorrow! These are definitely binge foods for me and I do not want to overeat them! I just want to have a couple of cookies and a couple of pieces of candy over the course of the day along with my regular meals. And now that I've said it, I'm hoping I can do it! If not, oh well, it is Carb Day, I am allowed, and that water weight will come back off! (Believe it or not, convincing myself not to worry about it actually helps me not to get into that "you've blown it, so you might as well eat everything" frame of mind! Yes, I'm a bit of a crazy person, lol! )

Rennie, I had to look up the Military Diet. When I first saw the foods, I thought, "Oh, that's so little," but I was looking at this website: http://themilitarydiet.com/military-diet-plan/, and the way they have the foods pictured, it does look very scant! But then I saw that the first day is 1400 calories, the 2nd day is 1200 calories, and the 3rd day is 1100 calories, and on the other 4 days of the week, they want you to eat 1500 calories a day. That's not as little as I thought it was, and actually most of the foods contain protein and fiber, which should help to fill you up. (And if you have whole grain bread and crackers, even better!) As far as cottage cheese, Breakstone large curd is the best IMO, and the vanilla ice cream, believe it or not, although it has sugar, is a low-glycemic index food (slow-carb)! Hey, I've seen what you can do when you really set your mind to something, and I think you can do this! If you like this plan, GO FOR IT!

PrairieQueen, good to see you back here! And of course you are going to prevail!

Carol Sue, that was simply excellent advice!

Chickadeee, Mary, and Obie!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 08-07-2015 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-07-2015, 06:01 PM   #450  
~Rennie

Jacqui, I can't resist anything that says GS thin mint good luck tomorrow We went to the discount bread store so I could pick up the Nature's Own wheat bread and my husband bought a few goodies. He picked up a few things that he knew I liked (loved) and I politely said, nope . I was so proud of me. Yep that's the cottage cheese that I bought. It's gonna be interesting to eat it plain though I think the hardest thing for me is to eat the crackers. I can eat an entire roll of crackers, saltines, Ritz, club it doesn't matter. I'm watching my son eat his second plate of pasta roni, shells ... I told him to text me his weigh in tomorrow Yeah I didn't think this diet was a lot of food either but eating it, it's pretty filling. I just finished my dinner and I have breakfast and lunch ready to yank from the fridge before work I have decided that I'm not going to eat breakfast till 8:30am so I will have an Atkins shake at around 4:30am, if I remember. Lunch will be 12:30pm and dinner at 4:30pm since bed time has to be 6:30pm. Jacqui, I wish I had seen your post before I went to the store. I found some old saltines in the pantry, so now I'll be eating those but I would have surely bought some whole grain crackers. Jacqui, thanks for your continued faith in me. I am truly hoping to get this thing started once and for all
Closed Thread