Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 07:38 PM   #496  

Bewildered what is this: 2T no hormone cream
Old 08-11-2015, 08:13 PM   #497  
`

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadeee55 View Post
Bewildered what is this: 2T no hormone cream
Oh, sorry about that. I'm on a grass fed and/or no hormone fed cow kick lately. It is just heavy whipping cream.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:49 PM   #498  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewildered View Post

Oh, sorry about that. I'm on a grass fed and/or no hormone fed cow kick lately. It is just heavy whipping cream.
Whew! Thought I was going to have to put my Bio Cream in my coffee!

But I am going to try the Bulletproof. Thanks.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:46 PM   #499  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Whew! What a long, busy day! It started early this morning and went to late this evening! I didn't even get to the Y today and now I have a lot of catching up to do and not a whole lot of today left to do it!

Chickadee, yay! My mom also had a grease canister and I have actually been looking for one lately with all the bacon I fry up in the mornings. I figure if my Mom, a chemistry major, could save bacon grease and not worry about it, well then so can I, lol!

Mars, oh my scale is definitely a male, lol! On some days, he can be quite the charmer, but for the past, oh, 15 years or so, he's been as frustrating as can be, lol!

Carol Sue, I remember an infomercial from the late '80's-early 90's for the same exercise machine and that one was called a Health Rider, so I've often called mine a Health Rider, lol! Oh the sexy girls on those machines riding to upbeat music made it look so fun. I'm not having so much fun with it, lol! However, of all the machines that have come in and out of my house, I've always kept it. I'm not sure why. I guess I've always thought that it was a pretty good way to do cardio and weight resistance for the whole body at the same time! I think I might have been brainwashed by the infomercial, lol!

Bewildered, I know what you mean about trying to get used to the idea that fat is not the enemy. We've had that drilled into us for SOOOO long, starting back in the 1960's! But I have to admit, I don't feel guilty about my bacon at all, lol!

Rennie and Mary!

Thanks, Everyone, for all your well wishes and helpful advice concerning my discomfort! For some reason, last night, my body decided to act "normal" and helped me out tremendously. I don't know if my probiotics and/or yogurt started kicking in or what. I think it was too soon for my coconut oil to take effect, but whatever the reason, I felt much better! I can only hope it continues!

Week 14: High 194, Low 192
8/2--193.5
8/3--194
8/4--193
8/5--193
8/6--193.5
8/7--192
8/8--193 Carb Day

Week 15:
8/9--193.5
8/10--194.5
8/11--192.5
8/12--
8/13--
8/14--
8/15--

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:

2 fried eggs in coconut oil
A tsp of coconut oil straight
2 slices of bacon
Mio water

Lunch: (Time got away from me! Never sat down!)
Fage Greek yogurt with Mio
Mio water

Snack:

Dinner:
Loaded hamburger salad
Mio water

Today's Exercise:
I will have to count loading and unloading boxes and furniture as exercise for today, as we packed things up from the attic beginning early this morning and took them to auction. There is still so much stuff left that we look like hoarders up there, lol! We have sold loads from when we had the antique shop but we still have so much to get rid of! Ugh! I'd love to donate it all to Goodwill but my DH won't allow it. I'm so sick of moving things! It's making me crazy, lol!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 08-11-2015 at 10:59 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:05 AM   #500  

Good morning!

Finally! A new low for me today! My scale jumped down a lb from yesterday to 191.5! If my scale is going to drop in whole lbs (or at all) when I have a very light lunch, I might have to keep that up, especially since I'm never hungry for lunch anyway!

Week 14: High 194, Low 192
8/2--193.5
8/3--194
8/4--193
8/5--193
8/6--193.5
8/7--192
8/8--193 Carb Day

Week 15:
8/9--193.5
8/10--194.5
8/11--192.5
8/12--191.5
8/13--
8/14--
8/15--

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:

2 fried eggs in coconut oil
A tbsp of coconut oil straight
3 slices of bacon
Mio water

Lunch:
Mio water

Snack:

Dinner: @ Wendy's
A loaded double cheeseburger without the bread
A small chili
Water

Today's Exercise:
Same as yesterday, moved boxes and furniture all day!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 08-12-2015 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:18 AM   #501  
maintaining since 9/2013

I'm PSYCHED for you Jacqui! Shows how perseverance pays off!

I think I found your pound, lol! I ate an extra evening serving of chili yesterday, so no mystery. I also have a bit of inflammation, a sore stiff left index finger, the joint next to the knuckle. I have a feeling it's from eating tomatoes from friend's garden. I once did an elimination diet, through a gym nutritionist. We eliminated a bunch of food groups that are common causes of intolerance, then added them back 1 at a time and watched for symptoms. When I added back nightshades (tomato & potato) I experienced painful finger. It's due to plant alkaloids. I've also had other nightshade veggies lately. It's strange to have this one single joint that is acting up.

I woke up every hour on the hour from 2am on. The good news is there was less cloud cover & I saw a bit of the Perseid meteor shower including 2 bright balls of light flashing across the sky overhead. The rest were very faint. I think napping is on my agenda today!

zzzzzzzzz

Last edited by mars735; 08-12-2015 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:29 AM   #502  
`

Chickadeee, I bet that bio creme would have been yucky!

Jacqui, Woohoo on the new low! So glad my prediction was right on track.

Mars, so sorry to hear about your inflammation! I hope you feel better soon and get lots of rest! We are getting the smoke from the fires to the south so we can't see much of nothing in the sky up here. The sun was almost red looking as it was setting last night.

Have a great day everyone!

Week 1 - High 238.6 - Low 234.0 - Avg Daily 236.0
Week 2 - High 237.0 - Low 232.6 - Avg Daily 234.6
Week 3 - High 237.0 - Low 233.6 - Avg Daily 235.0

Week 4
8/08 - 236.0
8/09 - 235.6
8/10 - 235.0
8/11 - 234.2
8/12 - 234.2
Old 08-12-2015, 08:06 PM   #503  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Jacqui WTG- glad the scale moved downward...among other things LOL!

Mars that is interesting about your food sensitivity. I wish a test could tell you all that because I swear it takes forever to figure out. I found out in my late 20s that I was allergic to bleu cheese - duh I'm allergic
To both penicillin and penicillium molds (allergy skin test) and nobody ever pointed it oit that they make bleu cheese with that mold so it got to the point I had closing throat and swelling lips before we put it together. Eggplant makes my lips swell and burn And I think it's a nightshade? Might wanna look that one up.
Chickadeee I am missing you!

I have not been good about my water with traveling (I don't want to pee a million times) and I realized today that's what has been missing that had caused me to feel hungry. Gonna chug another 32oz before bed and have my water bottles loaded and ready to go tomorrow!!! It is nice when you put the pieces of the puzzle together even if you are not where you would like to be. I think I'm down 7 lbs now but it's hard to tell. Either way, I weigh less at the end of the day with a belly full of food and bladder full of water that I did hungry and thirst in the morning when I started. Undeniable progress
Old 08-12-2015, 08:23 PM   #504  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Bewildered - we do freak at silly stuff like bacon grease on a counter. I have to remind myself its ok to leave fruit and veggies out for hours (hello it grows in the Heat outdoors) and that its ok to leave eggs out for a while. I have picked many eggs out of a hot barn when I was a girl and other than a traumatizing experience regarding baby chick and cake batter I'm ok!! My aunt used to leave open mayo in the closet and she is almost 70 (my mom was scandalized!!!). In reality mayo had so much acid it's probably ok. there's a burger place in Memphis with 100 year old grease- it's their trademark

Last edited by Dairy Fairy; 08-12-2015 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 10:05 PM   #505  

Thanks Mars, Bewildered, and Mary!

Mars, I'm so sorry to hear about your inflamed finger joint! I know from experience it's no fun! I'm sure you'll drop that lb again right away!

Mary, drink your water!

Wow, y'all, it's already time to start a new thread! We are past 500 posts! Here's the link to thread 2: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...ml#post5193176. See you ALL there!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 08-12-2015 at 10:06 PM.
Closed Thread