Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 09:56 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Flex Talk #2

Here's a place where we can discuss Flex and WW, as well as issues of our everyday lives. New Flexers are always welcome, so please join in, to give and get support and encouragement on your weight loss journey.

Flexers that attend meetings, At-Home Flexers, and anyone just curious about Flex are all welcome here.

Last edited by Jane; 01-22-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #2  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Thanks for the new thread, Jane. It didn't take long for the Flex area to fill up did it? That's great.

I'm beating myself up today for what I ate for lunch today. It wasn't horrible, but I thought I was ordering smart, but it really wasn't. I could have done better. I had a buffalo chicken sandwich and fried potato things that were between a potato chip and french fries. I used almost 20 flex pts. today, but it's all done and I went for a long walk with the dog in the snow tonight and am drinking lots of water.

Tomorrow's a new day!!
Old 01-17-2008, 07:28 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Subscribing to the new thread.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:33 AM   #4  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Keli - yep, you can't worry about what's past, and here it is, another new day! Any of you can start a new thread when this one gets to about 100 posts. I don't like to let them get much longer than that, in consideration for the ones that have dial-up. Good luck today, staying OP.

Kimberly - hi, just jump right in. We're glad to have you.

Hello to all that read this.

I've been struggling to stay OP. Some days I'll do great, and others aren't all that great. My whole family is going to Walt Disney World in 7 weeks, and I'll feel so much better if I can take off another 10 or 15 pounds by then.

It's cold here in Indiana, but I don't have to leave the house until it's time for my scrapbooking crop this evening. I do need to get some cleaning done in the meantime. That ought to warm me up, lol.

Have a good day!
Old 01-18-2008, 07:10 AM   #5  

Keli- I had a badish dinner last night as well- we went to Chinese and although I only used 7 flex points for the day I am still worried about my weigh in, It is in Sat. and Chinese food is loaded with salt. Good for you for saying tomorrow is a new day, I have just begun to learn how to do that. Before, I'd get off the wagon for days, or even weeks just becuase of one poor meal. I noticed you lived in PA- I do too, we got about 2 inches of snow yesterday then a bunch of sleet, yuck.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:11 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

catibeans - I'm a little further south in central VA and we got a good 4 inches or so.... which never happens! All the little kids were out on garbage can tops and other makeshift sleds. I wanted to make a snowman but by the time I got home from work it was both dark and had turned into freezing rain -- yuck.

Jane - I'm sure you'll be back OP and out of your slump soon. The weather can't be helping, as miserable and cold as it's been! Good luck with your DL goal, that sounds very reasonable.

kelijpa - Sounds like you're not letting your one meal turn into a big setback water & walking -- good things to do!!

I'm a little discouraged this week, because I don't expect to see a loss at WI tomorrow morning. I unofficially weighed myself this morning and was up a pound from last week. This is only my second week... And I was totally OP the whole time... So I'm kind of surprised to see it slow/stop already. I must be doing something wrong, just have to figure out what that is. Oh well, I'll just focus on the fact that I feel smaller and have lost inches already and keep truckin', hope that the weight just follows suit.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:01 PM   #7  

Hi all! I'm a pretty shy person on new boards, but here I go, trying to de-lurk! I did the questionnaire in the flex bios area, so I'll just jump right in, if y'all don't mind! (I hope I've got the hang of how these threads work!)

kelijpa -- Great attitude! If you're anything like me, I'm sure your old MO was something along the lines of "well I blew it, so I'm just OFF that diet..." Good for you for planning to get right back on the horse!

KimberlyinMN -- Hi!

Jane -- Hi, and thanks for the thread! Boy I used to use "cold" (ha-ha, I'm a SoCal gal, so cold is relative) as an excuse to eat mass-quantities of nice hot comfort food...it's good to have an event goal (I use that too) to help with staying OP, eh?

caitbeans -- Me too (dropping the diet after one "oopsie")! Hang in there!

suitejudyblueeyes -- You hang in there too, and yes, remember the NSVs! I'm really working on focusing on how much better I feel already... BTW, I love your blog! My userid over there is "EW!" (my initials, which I think are funny) so if you see a comment in the future from ew, that's me!

And all you cold folks stay warm!

As for me -- I'm being forced to acknowledge that I have been eating emotionally (didn't think of that angle at all before). Last night I had an upsetting email, and for the first time since I started WW I REALLY wanted to go off-program. My DH, who is wonderful!, suggested I sleep on it...WHEW!

Today is a fresh day, and my goal is an important one! (I'm going to repeat that to myself, over and over!)

Well, that's my first really social post...hope it was okay!

Last edited by LizzieW; 01-18-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:00 PM   #8  
Kim

S/C/G: 186/161/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone! Well, I'm just gonna jump on in here.

Lizzy- good job moving out of your comfort zone! Your post was just fine!

suitejudyblueeyes- try to hang in there and give yourself the benefit of the doubt. If you know for sure that you've stayed op, then you're doing just fine. That scale may surprise you. And if it doesn't, like someone else mentioned...look at the NSV.

kimberly
- hi! C'mon in and chat a while.

Jane- are you a rep for one of the scrapbooking companies or do you just attend the crops? I've been scrapbooking for a couple of years now, but I'm struggling with it this year. I started internet schooling last summer and I refuse to allow myself time for scrapbooking when I have schoolwork eating at me. I need to just get done with the schoolwork, so I don't feel guilty about my freetime. I'd love to see some of your work if you have any pics.

As for me, I'm losing fast, but I'm nervous about how that will affect me in the end. I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but since this is my first rodeo with dieting in 20yrs, I'm not sure what to think. I'm not a dieter. I've always just ate whatever I wanted (within small bits of moderation). My lack of controlling it is what put me here.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:06 AM   #9  
Brittani Widman

S/C/G: 218/211/194

Height: 5'1"

I have a hard time responding you each of you individually, but I read that some of you are nervous about your next weigh-in; Just keep on keeping on, and as, I think Jane said, the next day is a new day and you can start over. I just started WW on Monday and I've lost 3lbs. already! But I haven't been a very good girl the past day or two. There are some crazy things going on in my life and it's so easy to go back to those old behaviors (ex: eating to make myself feel better)

I just want to share why I've finally decided to join WW:

I am the biggest right now that I have EVER been in my whole life. And I feel absolutely disgusted! I have a 3 year old daughter, and when I was pregnant with her, I went from 170ish to weighing 201 a day before she was born! Now I'm 212 and have lost nothing from that pregnancy, obviously.

I have been pregnant twice since her but have had trouble in those pregnancies because (we know now, but not at the time) of my weight. I lost a baby boy on November 10, 2006 at 16 weeks gestation. And I was due to have twins on April 5, 2008 but they were stillborn January 8, 2008 at 27 weeks gestation.

I've realized that I will not be able to have anymore children, or even be healthy, and possibly suffer some serious heath risks if I continue the way I do. I already suffer from PCOS and a high BMI.

And I just can't go on living like this. Sorry for the rant.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:16 AM   #10  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Zoesmom I'm sure I speak for all of us when I offer I'm so sorry, you are an inspiration, just like your siggy says, you are strong!

everyone! Thanks so much for the support and encouragement. I'm more concerned I guess about my ability to beat myself up about what I ate than what I actually ate.

We're all struggling in one way or another and we will be triumphant. I'm sure of it. There's an article in our newspaper this a.m. that talks about a weight lost site, I won't post it since I haven't looked at it myself, but the beginning of the article just hit home.

It says, Whether you want to lose a lot of weight or a little dieting is hard. "It's a daily struggle with slow reward and the risk of failure at nearly every bite" 1/19/2008 Scranton Times, page D4, I hope I can post it since I cited the reference. Then it talks about the web site, I didn't read the whole article. I was just struck by the truth in that simple statement. I sometimes feel, and maybe you guys do too, that I'm the only one struggling, that it shouldn't be this hard, if I was doing something different it would be easier. I don't know it just made me feel better seeing in a newspaper that everyone who's trying to do what we're trying to do is facing the same challenges.

I feel like writing and telling them about this website. I feel 3FC has been an integral part of my success. The support and encouragement is phenomenal and seeing how others have faced their challenges and overcome them is a great learning experience and inspiration.

Anyway, enough of that...Good luck to all and have a great day, the sun is out (even though it's cold)
Old 01-19-2008, 08:04 PM   #11  

Well I have not been here for a week, my hubby has been ill so have not even turned on the computer. But over all and through all the heck that I have had this week I think that I am doing quite well, I missed my first meeting though, and wonder if I will get penalized for that? Does anyone know, It was just such a hard week with the hubby I could not go...and I was sad about that...but I did not fall, I kept to my points, so I am hoping for a loss on monday. Wish me luck....I can't wait to start seeing some real results, maybe that will motivate me to stay on plan...good luck and good health to all of you, heres to a great on plan week for all of us....
Old 01-20-2008, 09:41 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 218/215/180

Default Newbie

Hi,
I started WW again 3 weeks ago. I been a WW member many many times in the past with great results!
I'm doing the program at home this time. I have all the booklets and I know what I'm suppose to do. My sister and daughter go to the meetings and they let me know if there is anything different with the program.
I did good the first week, lost 3 lbs. second week...0 this week 0 so frustrating!!!!! I'm trying to figure out what I may be doing wrong! I weigh and write everything down, Drink all my water, etc. I'm allowed 26 pt. each day. I pretty much use all of them. I don't use all of my extra 35 pts. if any!
My sister told me that they said at the meeting you could eat as much as you want on Veggies 0 Pts. So that is what I have been doing. I cook up Broccoli and Cauliflower and fill up on that 2-3 times a day, along with my 26 pts. About 3 cups full each serving. I started using my glider twice a day 20 min each time gradually wanting to get up to 30 min. Got to start slow because I am so out of shape and haven't exercised in a long time.
What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Maddie
Old 01-20-2008, 07:26 PM   #13  
The Last 10lbs!

My little ticker seems to have disappeared. I didn't remove it from my signature so I'm really confused... I liked seeing my goal laid out like that. Obviously I'll just put a new one in, but does anyone have any idea where it went or how I can stop that from happening in the future?
Old 01-20-2008, 08:28 PM   #14  

Hmmm, mine's gone too -- might just be a temporary glitch!
Old 01-20-2008, 08:58 PM   #15  

Height: 5'7"

LizzieW: Going to sleep is a great solution to avoiding emotional eating! Especially if it's nighttime (doesn't work so well at 2pm ). Thanks for reading my blog, it's nice to know I'm not always talking to myself!!

Paintfancy: Congrats on your losses! That's wonderful that it's coming so fast for now, you'll feel great having that chunk out of the way when it inevitably slows down. My first foray into dieting a few years ago gave me really fast, big results immediately, and I'm not finding that's the case this time around. Oh well

zoesmom: You have GREAT reasons for wanting to change your lifestyle now. And you're making wonderful progress, be proud of those -3lbs!!!

kelijpa: That quote is so right. The risk of failure is just around the corner, every time we feel the need to eat. This is a dangerous business! And part of the point of sites like these and WW meetings is to let you know you're not alone. Though it's easy in the depths of frustration to feel like no one else could possibly understand. So not true!

Misery Chick: Hope your DH is doing better. You don't get penalized for missing a meeting, but I think if you don't WI once a month you get kicked out of the system and have to re-register (??). I may be really wrong about that but that's what I remember hearing some time ago. But don't worry about one meeting. Life happens.

Maddie: I totally could have written your post. We're in the same boat. I did well the first week and then absolutely nothing the second, even though I was totally on plan. It happens... Take your measurements so you have another metric to measure yourself by when the scale doesn't move. Remember you won't get anywhere by giving up, even if you don't see immediate success it's worth it to keep on truckin'.

As for me, I had a bit of a meltdown on Friday night which let to the consumption of massive amounts of points and me skipping my meeting Saturday morning. I was kind of upset about it before but that was just making me feel worse. Everything is fine now and I'm doing way better -- I even got up this morning and worked out for the first time in 2 weeks! Woo! It felt great, too, to feel that burn and feel like I was using my body the way it was supposed to be used. Now I'm relaxing, watching The Office and reading, waiting for the start of another week... Have to go to work tomorrow as we don't get it off for a holiday. Oh well. Kind of nice because I like the structure of a workday, it keeps my eating on track! Hope everyone else has had a good weekend!
Closed Thread