Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 02:04 PM   #76  

Height: 5'7"

shrinkinglizzy - how are you doing? I haven't seen you around in a few days... still hanging in there with the quitting smoking?

kelijpa - how's that water comin'?

stephanie - it's warm here too! Like 70 degrees, it's so fantastic. I just got back from lunch and had been sitting outside in the sun eating my fresh spinach and blueberries and my orange... all very summery things... it was a shame to come back inside from that, it made me want to go run around somewhere!! Good luck with your WI tomorrow, be sure to add it to our kitty litter countdown in the WI thread

crbowles - I usually just eat however I feel during the day. Sometimes I want a big breakfast and a lighter dinner, sometimes I want a tiny breakfast and a giant lunch. I don't have a set way to divide up my points, and I always have a couple of options for dinner to fit with how many points I have left.

---

I have to say I am SO impressed by everybody in the WI thread. It really makes a difference how I perceive weight loss when we do it all cumulative like that, you know?

Last night turned into a bit of a disaster, with me eating three times as much food at dinner as I had anticipated, and three times the dessert (granted dessert was a 1-point fudgecicle but STILL), resulting in me going into my flex points by 8, on top of the 10 I ate on Sunday at my dad's house. The only reason it's an issue for me is because I didn't plan on it -- I like to plan on indulging, not feel like I'm compelled to overeat. That's behavior I don't want to return to, you know? Then again, it's TOM and there might be a little hormonal excuse somewhere in there Oh well. I didn't do too poorly and I'll just move on.......

Tonight I need to get some exercise in, and I REALLY want to do something outside since it's so warm, but it's going to be dark by the time I'm ready to exercise! (Have to eat dinner first and let that settle or else I die.) I hate that the position of the sun hasn't quite caught up to the temperature Who decided working 9-6 through the BEST parts of the day was a good idea??
Old 02-05-2008, 02:55 PM   #77  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
Tonight I need to get some exercise in, and I REALLY want to do something outside since it's so warm, but it's going to be dark by the time I'm ready to exercise!
At 1:52 PM, the temperature in NW Minnesota has now warmed up to .2 degrees.

Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

Kimberly
Old 02-05-2008, 03:03 PM   #78  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 312.0/ticker/212.0

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN View Post
At 1:52 PM, the temperature in NW Minnesota has now warmed up to .2 degrees.

Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

Kimberly

Guess we should be quiet about the sunny warm 80 that we are having here in Florida

Last edited by steph0320; 02-05-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:05 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelijpa View Post
I keep seeing commercials for diet cherry chocolate Dr. Pepper. I wonder how it is?
Yum! I love this stuff. I typically am a Diet Dr Pepper girl anyhow. It doesn't have any taste of Diet Dr Pepper -- it's more of a chocolate flavor. When I was in high school (20ish years ago), there was a pop called Canfield's Diet Chocolate Soda. This tastes pretty similar. I won't drink it in the car because it has a reddish tinge to it -- I can see that staining clothes quite easily. When I do have this, I prefer to have it after lunch or supper as a dessert because it's kind of sweet. It's a "limited edition" so it won't be around forever so I'm trying to NOT buy it too often. (Because if I had it every day, I think I'd really be bummed that I can't get it anymore.)

Kimberly
Old 02-05-2008, 03:08 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph0320 View Post
Guess we should be quiet about the sunny warm 80 that we are having here in Florida
*sigh* Well, the good news is that at least we don't have any mosquitoes buzzing around. I just dread having to drive to Fargo tonight for my puppy's obedience training. Every muscle in my body tightens up in this cold stuff. I shouldn't complain because it was just last week that the temp was -32 actual temp.. With the wind chill it was -51. Just think, you'd be 131 degrees warmer! LOL
Old 02-05-2008, 05:13 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey -- Suite Judy, thanks for missing me!!

I have been in binge-land the past few days...since Friday. Today wasn't horrible, or at least it wouldn't have been if I weren't counting points, but I'm already 3 pts away from my daily limit and it's only 5:00!!

Points are haaaaaaaaard.

Yesterday I ate about 12 of my flex points, and clearly I will be eating more of them today. At this rate, I'll be done with the flexies by Thursday. I guess this is still doable, though. Just gotta get to cooking more, and exercising again...

Ah, 3FC, remotivating me...

I got my digi calculator today. Fun stuff.

S
Old 02-05-2008, 08:20 PM   #82  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Suite the water is going in, thank goodness. I'm so much happier when I'm not thirsty wondering why I didn't drink anything. I'm with you on the lack of planning thing, that annoys me more than what I actually ate (I had a little smile with your fudgesicles!) I can't wait for the longer days, too. We went to dinner tonight and I just couldn't stand the idea of the treadmill 2 nights in a row, so I did my YBB (yoga booty ballet) DVD. I like being outside way more than inside.

Shrinking (I always want to call you Glizzy ) be proud of yourself for keeping track of those points, You're keeping some control even if it's not as much as you might like.

I went way over my FP last week, and lost that tracking skill which made me a little mad at myself. I always do better even if I go over if I track it. I'm back OP today and no significant challenges on the horizon in the week ahead. I figure that's one week out of 52 and I only went up .6, so that tells me I will be able to eat stuff I love (as long as I keep on walking and such) and maintain, I would be embarassed to say all the stuff I ate, too too many treat nights. I usually try to make it treat night not nightS!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:09 PM   #83  

thank you, keli -- I totally appreciate that support!!

gonna go figure out the pts for these rice cakes that I'm munching right now...

S
Old 02-06-2008, 08:16 AM   #84  

Height: 5'7"

Yay, Sonja for tracking! It'll come back, you know, all that desire to be healthy and such. Slip-ups happen. Just keep coming here as often as you can... I always find when I leave 3FC for long periods of time is when I do the worst. Keep your eye on the prize

Keli, that's interesting about the FP -- I wonder how much I could eat and maintain? It'd actually be kind of good to know. I've heard of Yoga Booty Ballet but never tried it -- it sounds like an odd combination of things -- I'd expect it to just be a bunch of leg stretches and hands over your head and stuff. I ended up going jogging last night in the warm weather, it was actually really fun!

kimberley: 131 degrees warmer?!?!? That's absolutely ridiculous when you think of it that way. I sure hope it warms up for you and your puppy!!

Today I'm having the opposite problem of yesterday's -- I've planned my day and only have 19 points planned. Out of 28. I guess it's because I have a light lunch AND a light dinner planned... But I'm really not sure how to bulk up my lunch (which I'd rather do than bulk up dinner) while I'm at work (i.e., I'd have to go buy something to get my points up). Oooh I could go get a roll from the bakery down the street, THAT'd be good. Mmm. It's a start....

I just found out my friend from Toronto is thinking of coming to visit me over Easter weekend -- I'm very excited! Her mom has airmiles that will expire soon and she is 90% sure her mother intends to give them to her to use. I last saw her at my wedding in June, I won't have lost a significant amount of weight by the time I see her but it'll be enough that she'll probably pick up on it. She's very perceptive

Anyway, have a good Wednesday everyone!
Old 02-06-2008, 06:32 PM   #85  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

ok, I tracked, I feel better now. We had fish sticks for supper for Ash Weds. I forgot at lunch, I think God will forgive me for that lapse. I was surprised the FS weren't as bad as I thought they would be 5 pts. for 6, I used 5 FPs and 5 APs today, drank my water and feel pretty darn good!

YBB is basically a low impact aerobic work out. My preferred exercise is something outside, but sometimes Mother Nature doesn't cooperate. You can do it without shoes, the one I'm doing now is called YBB live, light and easy, the other one, latin something or other I didn't like as well, maybe because I haven't done it as often so I'm not comfortable with it. I had (well still have, but don't have a tape player downstairs) a tape called Jig don't Jog, that was pretty fun, it's aerobics with irish dance steps.

They just showed something on the news about indoor skydiving, instead of jumping out of a plane they have a strong air current blowing up out of the floor. That looked really cool.

Sad about all those tornadoes...
Old 02-07-2008, 02:21 PM   #86  

Hey all!!

I'm back on track now, pretty much. At least counting and staying reasonable. It is more challenging than I'd expected to get used to points instead of calories!!

I've hidden my scale until Monday, so SuiteJudy, I hear your pain -- I have been a daily weigher for months and the suspense of Monday is nearly painful -- did I lose? Gain? Neither? I'm not sure how to prepare myself, either!!

And by the way, I just finished lunch -- 4 pt turkey chili, 3 pt yogurt, and some carrots and tomatoes, and I'm still hungry. Grrr....AND, I think part of my filling came out while I was eating the carrots and it was a nasty feeling CRRRRRRUNCH that was just not natural. At least, I hope it was tooth related and not carrot related!

OK, hope all is well with you flexers!!

S
Old 02-07-2008, 02:49 PM   #87  
The Last 10lbs!

Good on you, shrinkinglizzy I find sometimes after a meal is when I am most hungry too. It's like, if I haven't eaten in an hour or two, I don't need food, but after I have eaten, I need more! I have a big cup of tea after dinner to keep myself from overdoing it. Perhaps getting in some of your water after a small lunch will help you feel fuller?

Today is the first time I have really noticed that my jeans are loose! Just this pair, but they were normal last time I wore them, which was about 2 weeks ago, so I have finally reached that point in my weight loss that it is affecting my clothes a bit. I wasn't sure if that would come! Yay!
Old 02-07-2008, 04:13 PM   #88  

Hey Freedom -- thanks for the water advice. I've chugged water after a meal in the past and it DOES help fill me up. I forgot about that. Much better than chugging cheetos!!

And way to go on the clothes! That's the best part. The numbers on the scale are nice, but we don't wear our scales!!

S
Old 02-07-2008, 08:21 PM   #89  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

That's right we don't wear our scales! I read somewhere that lots of times when we think we're hungry we're actually thirsty.

There's a book about all these things that we need water for, I can't remember the name, sorry, but it says that by the time you feel thirsty you're already dehydrated, so drinking after a meal is a great idea. I usually try to make sure I drink while I'm eating, but a nice cup of tea after sounds good!
Old 02-08-2008, 05:59 AM   #90  
The Last 10lbs!

Tea is life here. Haha. I can't say I had a hard time fitting in with the English and their general obsession with tea. Come home from school/work, put the kettle on. Watching TV, put the kettle on. I drink regular water as well, of course, but especially in the winter when it's cold and damp, a nice cup of tea after class and after dinner is a lovely thing and keeps me from heading straight for the fridge when I get home.

I've heard that too, kelijpa, about your body feeling thirsty after it actually needs the water. I am not very good at getting all of mine in every day, mainly because I don't physically know exactly how much I should be drinking. How much do you drink on a daily basis?

Speaking of drinking with a meal, I do that too because I can't really eat without a drink, but apparently if you drink after a meal and not during it, it helps your stomach digest better because drinking while eating dilutes the stomach acid needed to break the food down. Not sure if this is true or not, but I have heard it on several occasions. Personally, I don't think I could do this myself. I need something to wash it down after every few bites!
Closed Thread