Old 04-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #121  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Camaswa That reminds me of the time I rode the exercise bike for an hour and the next day had a two hour sales meeting and got a cramp in my thigh when trying to stand up! Corporate mgr was like. Are you ok? As I almost fell down. I'm bad about not stretching after exercising and need to remember that.
The Titantic party was really fun and my outfit w huge hat and sequins was a hit! Didn't overeat except for a slice of cheesecake I couldn't resist and a few mich ultras. The ten courses were tiny bites served by waiters. Oysters on half shell, scallops, duck, filet tenderloin, asparagus , salmon, mushroom pate B lamb, chocolate eclairs, Chablis punch. We were actually hungry when we got home 1ish am. Very tiny bites but a great way to taste everything.... There were photographers everywhere and I hope I look a little thinner than last year in the papers! And on FB!

Last edited by bigdog; 04-15-2012 at 07:44 PM.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #122  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
Brazil Butt Lift - about 10 minutes into it i realized if i kept going much longer I would not be able to walk later. My thighs were on fire. And I am not really sure about doing THAT many squats, you are basically doing a variation of squats and lunges the entire time. My knees started to hurt too. maybe i will just start with 10 minutes, then try to go a few longer every time till I can do the whole thing.

About fitted clothes - I tend to buy clothes that are too big also. it just doesnt occur to me to try on a medium or a 10 sometimes. And it doesnt help that no two brands seem to fit the same. Even Levis - the waist of the straight-leg 12s was perfect, so i got a 12 in the boot-cut, which stretched out so much I was hiking them up all day and the extra fabric in the crotch looked like i had a certain package goin on down there.
I was going thru some clothes and found an old pair of Levi's I haven't been able to wear for years. They were tight but zippered them up and wore them to walk the dogs. When I went to pick up their "business" realized how tight they were. Haha
Old 04-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #123  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Had a very off weekend, with hurt back could not move much, let alone actually exercise. And being in pain does not exactly lend itself to being diet strict...I ate 3 cadburry eggs, (one on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) and I think I gained a pound back. Sadly as much as my back still hurts I find myself just not caring. Also, points to me for not killing my beloved husband, he ate almost his entire easter basket and still lost 3 pounds last week. There was alot in there, not really in an attempt to sabatoge him, but becuase I know what he likes.

I was so tempted to call in sick today, but trying to build up time for when i really need it. Dosed heavily on ibiprofin. Planning on plugging in my headphones and ignoring as many people as possible.

One positive note, I did manage to get my hair bleached and dyed, and it came out much more of a bright magenta than pink. So I am happy. Now time to get back to work.
Galadreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Galadreal -
I hear you... when I hurt my back and was unable to exercise, it did something to my mood. I felt depressed and moody and angry. I even found my temper being rather shorter than normal. Hang in there... as soon as I could get out and get back to activity I felt so much better (the muscle relaxers and pain killers helped too!)

I did okay this weekend... WI on Saturday and lost 3 lbs! So excited to see... but then I kinda blew it last night. (Darn church potlucks!) so I'm back on track today. Plenty of water and doing a few hours of Zumba tonight and tomorrow to hopefully get rid of my slip! Thankful that now I'm not dwelling so bad... moving on and improving next time. Trying to realize why I sabotage myself when I get home from the potluck... I think it's because my "trigger" foods that I indulge in at the potluck and then it triggers overeating (and feeling miserable) when I get home... next time? I'll learn and be more prepared!
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Rachel, you have done so well- just look at your numbers! Here is an idea for those potlucks: I would bet anything there are many women there who have witnessed your transformation with envy and admiration. What if you used the potluck as an opportunity to be a quiet role model for a healthier lifestyle? Bring a big platter of bright beautiful blanched and chilled veggies, or some fabulous salad that everyone can feel great about. You probably can't bring enough protien but you could slip yours out of your purse right when you sit down and no one would be the wiser. (Also green tea hNS is the color of iced tea, so you don't have to look like you are having something wierd there.) Honestly, most people do not bring very healthy stuff to potlucks- you could set the bar!
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #126  

Galadreal, Easter is over- get those Cadbury eggs out of the house!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

You are so right, Camaswa. I brought a chef salad (minus the ham) last night. And a baked spaghetti (the kids and hubs had spaghetti for lunch yesterday so I made the leftovers into a cassarole so it wasn't around the house). I think what sneaks up on me are those "itty bitty bites" ... even thought they're small they seem to trigger the hungry monster in me

I love you're suggestion though and will try to come up with an on-plan meat side or something for next time. Always learning, right?
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #128  

Galadreal- Easter is over! Get those Cadbury eggs out of the house!

Last edited by camaswa; 04-16-2012 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Duplicate
Old 04-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #129  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

Quote:
Yeah, that was kind of the problem. They were from an easter basket, so I was really good leading up to easter (I did not have any chocolate) but now I have a few of those and a Dove Chocolate bunny sitting on my desk. Maybe I can freeze them for later.

Also, I have to have some chocolate around the house, even if I am not eating it, just knowing it is there and if I need it I can have it. safety net I guess. We usually just keep hershies kisses in the pantry, but honestly it is safer for me this way. I know part of the thing is to get all extra sugars out of your house, but if I have a sudden crave that will not go away for sugar or choclate it is better if it is at home, because if I go out for it I know I will end up inhaling a giant piece of cake or a milkshake instead of 1 or 2 hershies kisses.

Last edited by Galadreal; 04-16-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Galadreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #130  

Rachel....
You've made tremendous progress, today is a new day. Go on from there.

On potlucks, I always bring healthy side dishes , dishes I can eat, and that helps me so.. I have an HNS, that I add to iced tea or water. You will be suprised how many people will eat what you bring. I always have an OP dessert at home when I get home, just in case I want to indulge.

Galadreal, you need to get chocolate out of house. Why not make an OP MRC chocolate pudding and have that. It does fix a chocolate crave.. None of the chocolate is on program, so you need to come up with a substitute. I cannot have chocolate in the house and I am on maintenance.. That was a trigger for me, I can't eat one, have to eat it all, so it never comes in the house. Now on maintenance can have a candy bar if I like, but not while OP.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

Big Dog - I'm glad that Titanic event went well. It sounds like it would be a blast.

Rachel - Way to go on the loss. That's great. One moe pound left!

Congratulations on the other losers out there. I have been away for teh last couple of days and haven't kept up with everyone. Jen way to go on losing while stabilizing. This weekend was interesting. I was feeling ugh with allergies. And didn't feel like eating much. I did pretty well on Sunday but Saturday was more challenging. I ended up just doing a meal shake at lunch and then was starving for dinner. I ate more than I should have but it was all on program food. I know that doesn't make it any better. But I did do better on Sunday. I'm hoping it won't effect my WI on Tuesday.
ynapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

Camaswa - I'm glad you are back to pre meltdown weight. Keep up the great work.
ynapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Slowly chipping away at the remaining 12 pounds I need to lose. Down 1 more on Saturday's weigh in. My significant other's b-day was yesterday and we went to him mom's for dinner. I was so hoping that I would have the strength not to eat off plan foods but I failed I did bring a salad that I could eat along with a bunless hamburger, but that woman makes the best potato salad and baked beans! I had a small scoop of each. I was also in charge of baking the b-day cake so of course I had to sample that as well. Anyway, moving on today - will be drinking extra water. Speaking of water, how much to do all drink? I normally have at least 80 ounces -I stop counting after that. I overheard one of the clients on Saturday lost 6 pounds in one week after she upped her water and made sure to have 4 HNS's a day. I think I will make that my goal for this week!

CAMASWA - glad your back. I was thinking of you this weekend while I was trying jeans on. Have you tried KUT from the Kloth? they fit great and are the perfect length (we're the same height and have the same goal weight) Anyway, found a pair at The Rack.

Hope you all have a great week!
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:17 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 206.5/189.5/140

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Ugh. Third time's the charm. Dang thing won't let me make a post. Anywho, hopefully this one works. I just started MRC on 3/24. Did preconditioning for a week before starting the actual plan. Lost 8 lbs so far. Had a measly 1/2 lb loss on Saturday. Go in for WI and measuring tomorrow and praying for a big loss. I have enjoyed reading everyone's journeys and hope you all don't mind me jumping in and joining you!
kmcnair12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #135  
Motivated Member

Quote:
you would have thrown those away, right? :-) i bought some York dark chocolate peppermint bites. not sure why....in my cart was grapefruit, strawberries, peaches, cottage cheese, greek yogurt and diet sodas...i looked at the calories while waiting in line and it said 50 pieces for 170 calories. so i figured that out to be 30.4 calories for 10. must be pmsing!!! anyway, i've been eating them really slow and counting them out so i have no more than 10 a day!! we'll see how that works out and if i gain, never again!!!
goal this week is more water and 3-4 HNSs a day and more exercise. i walk every am but plan on jumping on the exercise bike in the pm... we are headed to the beach for a long weekend and i thought i'd attempt to lose at least 3 lbs before then. i can do this! i do need goals...i should know that - i'm in sales and have a goal every week and month and i've been doing this job for 17 years! (2 different newspapers) i hate goals (esp. at work) but that's what motivates me, so there you go