Old 04-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Finally hit 20 pounds!

It has taken me much longer than I had hoped but I have finally lost 20 pounds (5 months to be exact). My oldest daughter works at Nordstrom and seduced me into buying some over priced jeans a couple of years ago (Joe's, Hudson, Seven for all mankind) and I tried them on yesterday and they all fit! this makes me so happy This is a good motivator for me to be able to fit in my old clothes. Hoping to lose 5 more pounds by the end of the month. I am meeting my bff's from high school in Vegas and don't want to be the fat one again (we meet once a year).

Hope you all have a great week!
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Go Faerychic! Awesome news about the jeans... I was excited to fit into my smaller ones too and to see the cute styles out there!

Selway - I get you... come on' Christmas... Be goal by then and I can take it!
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
hey, girl, what is up with you? we miss you on the boards!!!!!!!!
i know you have a smart phone and carry with you all the time so i know you are reading this :-) give us a shout and get us updated!

Happy Spring!

P.S. i'm thinking about buying some dark chocolate Dove candy and need your guidance!!!!!
HELLOOOO! I havent been on here in several weeks - for a lot of reasons including going into a big old funk. But that's over now. My remaining issue is that I have developed some problems from all that texting on a smartphone and my tendons and thumb joins are really giving me some trouble. I just cant do it anymore. Looking into an iPad right now and have actually gotten special permission to buy one for work because of this situation. The red tape is proving to be challenging, however.

I wont go into detail about the funk - everyone has been there. Got sick of program, sick of the center, yada, yada. But maybe the break was kind of good for me because one day I kind of woke up and asked myself if I really felt like I was at the size I wanted to be. The answer was, no, almost, but not quite. And truthfully, I knew if i stopped now i would gain it all back. Then I had a good conversation with the one girl I do like, and decided to make appointments to see her exclusively. (Actually SHE reached out to me - which I think made the difference) I decided to recommit, just like it was the first day all over again. And BOOM- 4 pounds fell right off. So, HeLLOOO, I am back. I dont think I can write too much till I get an iPad, but I am recommitted for sure. It will be fun to read all the posts from the last few weeks. I see Jen got to goal, Gina started maintenance, Patzi recovered from a whey attack, and bigdog is as awesome as ever. Love you guys.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Forgot to add hello to all the new peeps!
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #65  

camaswa-welcome back out of the funk! The right counselor makes all the difference! Yes, I'm on maintenance. Technically one pound from goal (and I am going to see it) but feel really great right here.
nwcgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

Way to go faerychic! Keep it up.

I'm back on program after being off due to a stomach bug. I was totally off for one day and then mostly on for the next 2 days. I'm finally feeling like I will live again. I HATE the stomach bug! I am having second thoughts about stabilizing the end of this month. I realized I was 10 pounds away from goal and don't know for sure that's close enough. I do NOT want to commit to 10 more weeks which I think is the fewest my center will allow me to sign for. I am planning to step up exercise when I hit stabilization and keep my calories lower then my limit on maintenance until I get to goal. I'm happy with my body just not the number on the scales. I know it's just a number but I still want it to be lower.
ynapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 175.5/155/148

Height: 5'7"

To camaswa - I think I am where you were - in a funk Did you start all over or pick up where you were a few weeks back? I was 7 lbs from goal a couple of weeks ago but have gained 4 - ugh. Now we are heading to Boston for a week - hubby is running Boston Marathon Going to try my best to stay as close to program as possible but will not be fixing my own meals.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week. Congrats to those that have lost weight

Last edited by lovetofishandrun; 04-09-2012 at 07:35 PM.
lovetofishandrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #68  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Glad you are back Camaswa! I'll rejoin with you in spirit (not center -too far )Been at a standstill and would like to lose more. I do love I can fit into my clothes again and feel great but some of the new clothes I bought are a little snug and I know how easy I gain so need a "cushion" and not on my behind b. I love my iPad -has really helped me catch up on work especially after hours (while on the deck or watching mindless tv). Still figuring out what apps to get..to make things easier and work like my laptop.

Did eat part of a chocolate bunny yesterday but did not buy the Dove dark chocolate eggs that I really really wanted! My DH ate the head feet and ears on the small hollow bunny so not too many calories v:
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #69  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

I need strength today...we are having the library worker appreciation day. This year, I once again did not get an award, and as my supervisor has told me several times, "I keep meaning to nominate you, but I just lose track of time" so for the last 3 years I have gotten that excuse. I could really use some ice cream that they are having. it is not so much the plaque that they give away, but the extra couple hundread dollars would be really handy right now.

I did get the chocolate truffle and the vanilla bean torte powders, and my husband and I are both using them after a workout (milk protien is the best there is for rebuilding damaged muscles). Now to hide under the desk until the ice cream is gone. grrrr.

I did not have any chocolate bunny, but my hubby got me several 3 musketteers truffle bars, which if I can limit myself to 1 stick (there are 2 in a pack) it is only 10 carbs and I don't feel too bad. I will hoard my candy for when I really need it...which may be later today. I so should have stayed in bed this morning

Oh, one high note, I did lose 1 pound yesterday at weigh in, regardless of easter and that evil cadburry egg. Also got one of the cool counselors who is alot mor supportive and upbeat. Perky is also not my favorite thing, but it beats the **** out of the alternative.

Last edited by Galadreal; 04-10-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Galadreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #70  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey, all! WI yesterday and maintained my weight from my last WI so Woohoo! LOL Loving stabilization!!! If I had known then what I know now, I would have tried to stay OP even harder to get to this point. I'm loving the changes that come each week with the menu. It has definitely made it all worth it.

Congrats to the losers, welcome to the newbies, and big hugs to those having difficulties. Take everything a day (or meal) at a time. I'm proof that while it may take a little longer, you can get there if you set your mind to it.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #71  

I had maintenance weigh in and lost 1/2 pound putting me 5 1/2 pounds under goal.

Jen... Good feeling, eh? Happy for you.

Congratulations to all the losers, and for those struggling, hang in there, stay OP as it is well worth it.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
Hey, all! WI yesterday and maintained my weight from my last WI so Woohoo! LOL Loving stabilization!!! If I had known then what I know now, I would have tried to stay OP even harder to get to this point. I'm loving the changes that come each week with the menu. It has definitely made it all worth it.
That is so good to hear! This gives me motivation to stay on plan, so I can get to that point where I can start adding foods back in LEGALLY! LOL

I think with the warmer weather coming I am more motivated to stay on plan and get to goal. I want to me able to wear tank tops summer dresses without having to hide my fat rolls with a cardigan!
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #73  

faerychic..
You talk about covering up fat with cardigan, my biggest treat with the weight loss was not wearing tunic tops to cover the fat.. It is marvelous and it will come to you and have it be a reason for motivation. I always felt pregnant wearing those tunic tops. Glad that is finally over.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

WI today and down another 1.5 pounds. I will take it. I was expecting not much since I had been feeling crummy for 3 days. In the past when I have been sick while on program, I was told that you may not loss when you are sick because your body has to concentrate on getting well not losing fat. That puts me 8.5 pounds away from goal. I'm getting excited now!

I completely understand about wearing clothes to hide the fat. I'm looking foward to wearing shorts this summer instead of capris because I feel like I can show my legs more now. I also am way more comfortable with my upper arms and will be wearing sleeveless dresses when it gets warmer.

Speaking of arms do any of y'all have any good exercises that I can do to tone the triceps?

Last edited by ynapier; 04-10-2012 at 04:41 PM.
ynapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #75  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

made it through the library party without eating any ice cream, or cheesecake brownies. I was even sociable and did not growl or snap at anyone. I won a free meal at one of the dining halls on campus but gave it away becuase I know that going there would be too much temptation. I also snagged a free coffee coupon for husband. I know it is probably hormones, but I just feel like crying today. I feel...funkalicious, and not in a good way. I really hope 5 O'clock gets here soon so I can go home and get hugs from husband and kitty cuddles.
Galadreal is offline   Reply With Quote