Old 04-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Congrats, Big Dog! Go you!

On the chubby-hidin' clothes... I too am looking forward to shorts this year instead of capris! And cute sandals... and dresses...

I know what you mean about the funk... Been there, done that, still guard against it and may do it again. I just try to remember where I came from and how awesome it feels to lose weight and I try to focus on the energy and fun things I can do more of now that I'm smaller... My kids are totally worth the extra energy and playtime momma is giving them!

On the swimsuit, I recently purchased a new one and am super excited. I had to go up a size over my normal shirt size due to the girls, but I feel good in it, it supports the ladies, and that's what matters.

Weighed in today and stayed the same... not too bad considering it's TOM and I partook of a certain peanut butter egg on Sunday. So yummy but soooo bad...
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

oosp - make that 36 pounds! my bad. EVERY POUND IS A VICTORY.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #93  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

WI this afternoon, down a pound and a half (at least part of that is becuase I was in gym short and shirt instead of jeans), but total of 18 pounds lost, and 10.5 inches. It only took 2 months. I have a long way to go. BLAH!!
Galadreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #94  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Thanks everyone for the congratulations! My children are really happy we went on a huge power walk this am! Camaswa dont you need to change your ticker?. I thought u were at 163. I was so happy u were back I thought I'd buckle down and reach my goal! Can u get a stylus and not use your thumbs?

It's funny that Monday am I got up and told myself that I was going to act like it was the first day of a new job and really really push myself and that really worked in reaching my work goals. So then I read your post about recommitting to lose weight so I was like. Well I can do that too! Plus I tried on the sequin dress I'm wearing to a Titantic party this weekend and it was kinda snug so I'd like to at least drop three lbs this week so I don't split it! Theyll be serving all the courses like they did on the Titantic and it is incredible so I need to really make sure I have room in this dang smoking dress!

Last edited by bigdog; 04-11-2012 at 09:18 PM.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Bigdog, about my profile/ticker: I have always set it according to the Center's scales, so when I flakes out,I just left it alone. This morning on my scales I was an amazing 161.8, and I thought I would see where I was on Friday at the Center before changing it again. I'm always 2-3 pounds higher due to clothes and whatever. I never admitted this but right at my meltdown I was 169 at the center. Crazy how fast we can go up.

That Titanic party sounds so fun!!! I would drink water like crazy and goad low as possible on carbs in anticipation of that dress!
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:12 AM   #96  

For you gals on maintenance..
This week I thought I would add in some baked potato chips, a big trigger for me.. I bought the smallest bag there was, and had one serving, around 23 chips. Well,YIKES, the next day I was 2 1/4 pounds over weight.. So, I went back to green menu, Wednesday, and today I am down 2 pounds. So that is good, however, if they make me gain that much may take them off the table for awhile, and to be honest with you, I did not enjoy them as I thought I would. I am delighted that MRC has taught me discipline to eat the 23 chips and then give bag away to someone else. In the old days I would have eaten the large bag with dip. I just wanted to try some with my lunch, I did, it is over and I go on with life.

I know some of you are interested on what I experiment with so thought I would post.

Congrats to all those that have lost.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #97  
bespectacled weirdo

Patzi, do you think it could have been the salt content and just retaining water? I know it is alot of weight, but just curious how much water you drank while you were eating them.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #98  

Height: 5' 5"

First off....super congrats to BigDog! That's awesome!!!!

Patzi, my first thought was the salt just as Galadreal was saying. Next time you should try the low/no salt chips. I think Lay's makes them and they're not bad at all. I actually prefer them.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

BigDog - The Titantic party sounds fun! I'm sure you'll look smokin' hot in the new dress! Congrats!

Patzi - Although I'm not in maintenance or stabilization, I love to hear your experiences with adding things back - gives some of us hope for the future. It's also interesting to hear your theory on trying new things, going back to another menu and moving on. That's one thing I think I may struggle with later ... the guilt of gaining and having to start over for a day or two... I admire your strength in that!
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #100  

They were the low salt chips, as I am off HBP meds and watch my salt intake.. Today I lost the other 1/4 pound I gained, so that is a plus. Carbs and me have one **** of a time, I will tell you. But I have to try it to see what happens. Unbelievable how my belly swells up, also.. I drank water the whole time I ate them, and I drink anywhere from 64-80 oz. of water a day.

Patzi
Old 04-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #101  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Congratulations Bigdog!! You have done awesome, and taught me to LOVE the Chocolate Truffle!!!!

I was up at my WI yesterday...I prefer to think it is from TOM, but could be all of my wonderful choices including a chocolate bunny on Easter

I have found lately that it isn't my food choices lately, but the volume at the meal. Need to work on this...while also not letting myself get so hungry before a meal. Need to be curbing my appetite all day long with healthy choices...especially during my PMS week when feel hungry nonstop. Mostly, that is when I see a gain (volume), rarely has been from introducing new foods.

Last edited by Tamikl; 04-12-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #102  
bespectacled weirdo

Just read this article, and know exactly how she feels. Ok, I have never sliced my hand open on a scale, but the discouragement is definatly there.

http://www.fempop.com/2012/04/12/roc...cale-for-good/
Old 04-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #103  

Big Dog..
I want to say congratulations to you and how happy I am for you.

You will look fantastic in the dress. Sounds real hot.. I also want to thank you for sharing on your journey. It has helped so many of us..

Patzi
Old 04-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #104  

rachels77..

Thank you very much..

For you old WW gals, they use to have a dessert that you made in a cup, with oatmeal, fruit, cinnamon, etc. and also one that tasted like a snickers..
Does anyone remember what that was?

Patzi
Old 04-12-2012, 10:31 PM   #105  

Just checking in. Maintaining my weight with about a .5 lb fluctuation up and down depending on my water and exercise from the day before. Maintenance is going well. Still keeping most of my meals very similar...alternate between 2 different breakfasts, lunches, and my snacks. Supper is about the only thing I am altering and it is working for me. Slowly I may add in another option for a meal for a breakfast, lunch, or snack...I keep it around the same calories. My "treat" almost everyday is dark chocolate. When I tried milk chocolate it flared up my cravings for EVERYTHING. But the dark gets me through. I'm also doing protein powder in my coffee. I am very happy. I posted my before and after picture on my fridge to remind me of why I can't go overboard. And to help me see that I do look better. Sometimes when I look in the mirror I still see myself @ 211 (my highest non-pregnant weight).
nwcgina is offline   Reply With Quote