Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 06:59 PM   #301  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Greetings ladies...

Well, back on the Green for me. I haven't went back on it completely since last February when I started Maintenance. But, I have gained some weight...like close to 5 lbs and all in the past month. I am so frustrated right now with myself. What appeared to be a couple of random pounds quickly changed to a pattern...and they havent gone away, so here I am.

Well, u do what u have to do...and I will not allow myself to go back to where I was...ever. It is a drag...but all due to choices I made.

Sounds like you all are hanging in there fine. Keep up the great effort!!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:38 PM   #302  

Had maintenance weigh in today and stayed the same. 5 pounds under goal.

Patzi
Old 07-31-2012, 09:34 PM   #303  

thanks, teacherlady. It's what I needed to hear. I slugged down the water today. Each meal is a challenge, but I keep doing my best and it reaffirms that I need to go back to the green or metabalance plan for a month to really get my mind right again. I have too much of the old self talk "this one donut hole (or any other food) won't make a difference." As we all know, all the little choices do matter.

Tami-I'll be joining you back on green come Monday. I plan to spend at least all of August there (maybe shifting to metabalance after a few weeks if I start hitting the gym again like I plan). It's all about catching the gain early, doing what needs to be done, then learning from how you got off track. Mine tends to happen one small compromise at a time until I'm back into some bad eating habits.

So far I've gained one on vacation...usually at this point (1 week into vacation) I've gained at least 5 if not more. I'd love it if I could truly get back on track for the lat 5 days of vacation and actually lose. Either way, it's back to the green menu for a while.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:51 AM   #304  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

I have been toying with the idea of going back to the green menu also and had a question. When you girls go back do you do the HNS's also or just the food choices?
Old 08-01-2012, 10:54 AM   #305  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Dreading my weigh-in... Stayed on plan except for a bite of frozen yogurt (I know, I know) and did canning all day yesterday (pickles and salsa anyone?) But I didn't get to bed until 4 a.m. That ALWAYS makes me gain until I've had a night or two of rest. But,... here I go!
Old 08-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #306  

Height: 5' 5"

Count me back in on the green menu track, also. Those two months of massive stress did me in. At the moment, I'm at 142.5. Trying to get these last 2.5 pounds off and then build my buffer again. I didn't get my wiggle room until I went onto stabilization and maintenance before so I'm staying focused on these last couple of pounds.

Ynapier, I'm completely back on the green menu and 4 HNSs a day. Sucks, but it has to be done. It took me a bit to get back into the swing of it because I was so used to the maintenance menu and/or eating completely off plan. Boo! But, I'm in the zone now and thats making things go faster.

Natalie - LOVE the new outfit! I need to shop where you do!
Gina - AWESOME about your sister's pants!

On another note, I start my training plan for my half marathon on August 19. That's the 12 week mark until the race. I'm still running, but this will be more structured with 3 days a week of running, 2 days a week of cross training, and 2 rest days. Dang it, if that won't help get/keep the weight off, nothing will!

Last edited by JenB72; 08-01-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #307  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcgina View Post
It's all about catching the gain early, doing what needs to be done, then learning from how you got off track. Mine tends to happen one small compromise at a time until I'm back into some bad eating habits.
nwcgina is right--it's all about catching it early. It is physically impossible to not have weight fluctuations, whether due to water retention, travel, indulgences, or meal choices. It's just going to happen. The difference now is that we have the tools we need to set a limit and stop ourselves when we hit it, then fix the issue so we can stay relatively close to where we need to be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
On another note, I start my training plan for my half marathon on August 19. That's the 12 week mark until the race. I'm still running, but this will be more structured with 3 days a week of running, 2 days a week of cross training, and 2 rest days. Dang it, if that won't help get/keep the weight off, nothing will!
I am so proud of you for your training! I ran my first 5k on Thanksgiving, then planned to do a "bridge to 10k" training and had hoped to run a 10k in the spring. Between "hitting a wall" during my runs (I never got more than about 4 miles, and had a really hard time after about 2-2.5 miles, just really struggled after that point in my runs) and having to cut back on my running when I started my yoga certification last spring, I just haven't been able to move forward. Now, I have a friend who wants to run a 5k with me on August 18th (www.glowrun5k.com/omaha) and had never run before, so I actually went backwards and started the couch to 5k program all over again with her (she didn't want to do it alone) to bring her "up to speed," so to speak. Maybe some day, though, I'll be able to move forward to a 10k.

I don't know that I'm brave enough for a half, though, so I truly truly respect those who do it--or even attempt it!
Old 08-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 175.5/155/148

Height: 5'7"

JenB72 and Teacherlady 79 - I've started training for half marathon relay on 10/27. It is so hot here now that we are trying to get out before 6 a.m. Good luck to both of you on your training.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #309  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynapier View Post
I have been toying with the idea of going back to the green menu also and had a question. When you girls go back do you do the HNS's also or just the food choices?
Since I have been on maintenance I have one Clear HNS daily and one creamy.. I do the same when I need to go back to the green menu.

Patzi
Old 08-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #310  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Well... yep... know my body.. up .8 of a pound at yesterday's weigh in.

Got a good night's rest in and feeling way better so I'm sure it'll come back off!

Congratulations to those on training. I would like to learn to run (proper form and all that) and have considered the C25K program...
Old 08-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #311  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Hi ladies!

Well, I am already down a pound in 1 day and that isn't from going back on Green menu. I have added more salad to my diet...sort of had gotten away from doing that as frequently...and cut out all evening snacks to 1 creamy HNS of my choice. It is working! The good news here is that it is possible to stay on Maintenance...tweaking a bit to lose...etc...without having to go back into full blown Green menu

My confidence is going up...as I now realize that my setback doesn't mean doom and gloom...but rather a learning opportunity for what to do if this happens again...and sort of nice that the changes made don't have to be drastic to what I have come accustomed to.

Hang in there all! I am still waiting on my PB2! I can't wait to try it....
Old 08-03-2012, 01:58 PM   #312  

Height: 5'3"

Patzi, really even on green menu you only do two hns?
Old 08-03-2012, 04:35 PM   #313  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
I am so proud of you for your training! I ran my first 5k on Thanksgiving, then planned to do a "bridge to 10k" training and had hoped to run a 10k in the spring. Between "hitting a wall" during my runs (I never got more than about 4 miles, and had a really hard time after about 2-2.5 miles, just really struggled after that point in my runs) and having to cut back on my running when I started my yoga certification last spring, I just haven't been able to move forward. Now, I have a friend who wants to run a 5k with me on August 18th (www.glowrun5k.com/omaha) and had never run before, so I actually went backwards and started the couch to 5k program all over again with her (she didn't want to do it alone) to bring her "up to speed," so to speak. Maybe some day, though, I'll be able to move forward to a 10k.

I don't know that I'm brave enough for a half, though, so I truly truly respect those who do it--or even attempt it!

Thanks everyone for the vote of confidence! If you have ever considered running, I highly recommend the Couch to 5K program. I wish I had heard about it when I started, but I basically did the same thing. I never ran a day in my life before I started my own version of the program. Give it a shot. You just might enjoy it.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:23 PM   #314  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainsgirl View Post
Patzi, really even on green menu you only do two hns?
Yes, I don't go on green menu all that often, only if I gain a pound or two, but I stopped the 4 HNS when I hit maintenance and when I do go back to green, stick with the one Clear HNS and one creamy.. I need the creamy at night. It knocks out any cravings.. In summer, I have the iced cappuccino, vs. the hot cappuccino. It works for me.
Patzi
Old 08-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #315  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone,
Glad to finally be a part of the maintenance crew I got to sign the 30 pound board yesterday at weigh in - still have 2.5 pounds more to lose to make my goal though. I think I will continue with maintenance for a few weeks just to get used to it and then if I still l want to get down to 160 I will go back to the metabalance menu.

Had fresh corn this past week - it was SOOO good. I am in Colorado and right now our corn, peaches and canteloupe are in season and I really look forward to having them. Also, added in some almonds, peanut butter and even a few bites of dark chocolate and still was able to lose half a pound this past week. Loving maintenance - so far so good!

Thanks all that have posted tips & suggestions here - this forum has been a great resource for support.
Closed Thread