Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #256  
Roller Derby Queen

S/C/G: 186/to the ticker!/145

Height: 5'7"

So what kind of counseling did you get when you went on maintenance? I was 7lbs from goal when I ran out of time. They wanted me to resign, but I didn't have any money, so they gave me a maintenance menu and said good luck. I was on the vegetarian menu, and the proteins aren't on the maintenance one, but the counselor just said to switch them over.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #257  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Tall View Post
So what kind of counseling did you get when you went on maintenance? I was 7lbs from goal when I ran out of time. They wanted me to resign, but I didn't have any money, so they gave me a maintenance menu and said good luck. I was on the vegetarian menu, and the proteins aren't on the maintenance one, but the counselor just said to switch them over.
Hi..
I do not know who you addressed this to, but when I hit maintenance, there was a special maintenance program for $79.00 for the year and I signed up for that, and I go once a week.. My center has one afternoon a week, where maintenance clients meet. Some are having a hard time not going back to their old ways, and they say these meetings help. I work, so can't attend them. I also gained additional days for not gaining and reporting in during holiday times, then there was a $59.00 maintenance special and I signed up for that, so I have one more year to go before I need to sign back up.. I am one of those that has to be accountable and I find the center does that for me.

Patzi
Old 07-06-2012, 01:00 AM   #258  

Thanks ladies,I learned something else from you tonight. I am not on maintenance but am gaining some back. Haven't been on program for awhile and trying to eat as i should but not on menu. Well,I tried some of my old foods,most of which now taste different than they did before,LOL.
But I think I may have learned why esp at night I want to eat but not really hungery , I haven't been drinking enough water. I will up it once again and see what happens. Also with the hot weather here I can see if I retain as much as I used to in hot weather. [email protected]
Old 07-06-2012, 07:47 AM   #259  

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdfeet View Post
Thanks ladies,I learned something else from you tonight. I am not on maintenance but am gaining some back. Haven't been on program for awhile and trying to eat as i should but not on menu. Well,I tried some of my old foods,most of which now taste different than they did before,LOL.
But I think I may have learned why esp at night I want to eat but not really hungery , I haven't been drinking enough water. I will up it once again and see what happens. Also with the hot weather here I can see if I retain as much as I used to in hot weather. [email protected]
Is there anyway I can convince you to go back on track? Just stay focused and on program and start losing weight again. Do you go to the center where the consultant can help you get back to losing? What menu were you on when you started gaining weight back? You are so worth it, birdfeet, you really are.. To do MRC you need to stay on their program. Trying to eat as you should but not on menu, will not work. You are just defeating yourself. As for eating at night.... When I was losing, I always saved my cocoa or decaf. cappuccino for nightime, as it was sweet and it stopped any craving I had for something in the evening. I had to have that, or I would end up eating all kinds of wrong things. If I can help you in any way get back on track, please ask. Remember , this is for you, and you are worth it.
I now make decaf. cappuccino iced as it is so hot here in Florida, and I add a few drops of sweetener to it.
Patzi

Patzi
Old 07-06-2012, 01:43 PM   #260  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
As for eating at night.... When I was losing, I always saved my cocoa or decaf. cappuccino for nightime, as it was sweet and it stopped any craving I had for something in the evening. I had to have that, or I would end up eating all kinds of wrong things. If I can help you in any way get back on track, please ask. Remember , this is for you, and you are worth it.
Ditto this. I actually learned this trick from Patzi before I went on maintenance, and it's been a lifesaver that I have continued through maintenance. And, if I don't eat OP, indulge in something extra during the day, or don't have all my water in yet, I don't let myself have my nighttime "treat." It's definitely a motivator for me during the day to eat well, think twice before indulging, and to get all my water in.

Another thing to ask yourself when you're hungry: Am I truly hungry, or just craving snacks? Would I eat some chicken breast or broccoli right now? If the answer is "no," then you're not really hungry, lol. Just drink some more water and try to figure out why you feel like you need to eat right then.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:15 PM   #261  

I had maintenance weigh in on Tuesday and I lost what I had gained and am back to my original goal of 5 pounds under goal.. I will get off the green menu now and continue on with maintenance.

Patzi
Old 07-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #262  
Started Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
I had maintenance weigh in on Tuesday and I lost what I had gained and am back to my original goal of 5 pounds under goal.. I will get off the green menu now and continue on with maintenance.
Yay! What a relief, huh?

Good news, y'all: I finally completed my 200-hour yoga certification training today. I'm officially certified to teach yoga now. I'm so proud of that accomplishment--and it's something I wouldn't have even dreamed of attempting if it weren't for my confidence (and increased fitness, obviously) from losing the weight!
Old 07-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #263  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

Way to go on the yoga certification. That's amazing!
Old 07-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #264  

Height: 5' 5"

Congratulations, Natalie!!! I'm so happy for you!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #265  

Height: 5'3"

Hi Patzi! I follow all of your posts because i want to be like you when i grow up...LOL!! Actually, I joined MRC in 2008 and maintained quite well then gained a little back and went back. Am halfway thru stabilization right now and i have a question for you. When you go back to maintenance from green do you just right back in to full maintenance if you know what i mean? Does that cause a big jump on the scale?
Old 07-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #266  
Started Aug 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainsgirl View Post
Hi Patzi! I follow all of your posts because i want to be like you when i grow up...LOL!! Actually, I joined MRC in 2008 and maintained quite well then gained a little back and went back. Am halfway thru stabilization right now and i have a question for you. When you go back to maintenance from green do you just right back in to full maintenance if you know what i mean? Does that cause a big jump on the scale?
I'm not sure what Patzi does, but when I go back to maintenance from green, I usually go back via the last week or two of stabilization. I don't know that it's necessarily because of my body reacting or not, but it seems more like if I go back straight into full maintenance, I don't have as much self control and tend to eat too many "rich" foods right away, which causes the scale to go up for me.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #267  

Quote:
I go back to maintenance slow and easy.. I just don't jump right in. I find the slow and easy keeps me from putting the weight on. I know what I can eat and can't to gain weight, so just add back slowly. Hope I have answered your question.

Patzi
Old 07-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #268  

Height: 5'3"

Patzi, than you for your reply. So, do you go back to week three stabilization for instance? Just alternating starch and fruit every other day and dairy daily? Or not really follow the weeks and play irt by ear daily?
Old 07-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #269  

Quote:
Patzi, than you for your reply. So, do you go back to week three stabilization for instance? Just alternating starch and fruit every other day and dairy daily? Or not really follow the weeks and play irt by ear daily?
I just play it by ear.. But I write it down. This week, I will go back to my baked oatmeal snack for the day, and will go back to my iced coffee and
an additional soy milk.. I will see how that works when I weigh in on Tuesday, then go on from there.. Tonight when I go out, will not have my glass of wine that I usually have when out, that will wait till next week.
Even though I am on maintenance I do keep a food journal each day.
Patzi.
Old 07-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #270  

Natalie..
Congrats on your yoga certification. I am so very proud of you. You are an inspiration to all..

Patzi
Closed Thread