Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

Gina thanks for the advice. I figured it would not count as both but I didn't know. I too prefer it to regular yogurt. In fact I have started making my own yogurt now. It is a lot cheaper and isn't difficult at all. my boys like it too. I use the sugar free jello for flavor and make 2 or 3 different kinds in addition to the plain that I make.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #152  

Patzi thanks for the info on going back to the green menu. I'm with Jen on being scared of regaining. I hope with time I will be more comfortable with the "threat" of regaining but I don't think it will ever go away. Do you do the shakes and all when you go back to the green menu?

Last edited by ynapier; 05-14-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #153  

Height: 5' 5"

Well, I won the battle last night when I wanted to give in to emotional eating. All I'll say is...MEN!!!!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #154  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Hi ladies...

Maintenance WI yesterday..still maintaining!!!

On another note...I found a website where their prices on Protdiet items are unbeatable. FamilyBariatric....look it up on the internet. The down side is in order to get free shipping, you have to spend $200. But their HNS...Same as MRC are $8 a box...many bars are $8, no more than $10. I was quite impressed. Now that I realize how much I love the chocolate dream bars...they have them for $8 a box compared to Diet Direct for $13 a box!!! Yes...I ordered (10) boxes Should take care of me for a while..lol

I will still order my Syntrax from Diet Direct...

Hope you all have a great day! Keep up the good work!: You all continue to be an inspiration to me...

Last edited by Tamikl; 05-10-2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #155  

ynapier.. You and Jen mentioned being apprehensive of gaining.. I have to admit I am, also, and I think that is what keeps me focused not to gain. I don't deny myself anything, but when I do have something and I do gain weight, I do have an odd feeling , hard to explain, that I get right back on to green menu until I take the weight off.. I do not think that is a bad thing. Y'all will be fine.. If you are afraid of gaining weight back, I doubt you will, as you are thinking about it, and will do everything you can to get back to basics if scale goes up..

Making own yogurt interests me.. I will look it up online and get the specifics.

Patzi
Old 05-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #156  

Tamiki...
Thanks for sharing that web site.. Even without the free shipping, it is an excellent price.. Chocolate dream bars sound wonderful.

Congrats on maintaining..

Patzi
Old 05-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

I am not in mainteance yet but still like to read the posts here for when I finally get there! I just wanted to say that I have ordered from Family Bariatric several times in the past while I was on a different weight loss program. Sometimes the total cost even with shipping is less than Diet Direct - depends on what and how much you order.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #158  

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerychic View Post
I am not in mainteance yet but still like to read the posts here for when I finally get there! I just wanted to say that I have ordered from Family Bariatric several times in the past while I was on a different weight loss program. Sometimes the total cost even with shipping is less than Diet Direct - depends on what and how much you order.

No problem you being here if you are not on maintenance. Thanks for update on Family Bariatric..

Patzi
Old 05-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #159  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamikl View Post
I am working on snacks in the evenings at the moment...when I review my food journal, I see that the closer I get to bedtime, the more calories I consume, which of course isn't good. I usually need nothing mid morning, and mid afternoon I might have a Kashi bar, but in the evening? There may be 2-3 items I write down and it really needs to be adjusted. Evening snacking has always been a challenge for me. Most of the time, I do pick good choices...I think..LOL
Snacking in the evenings was tough for me, too. I started doing an MRC cocoa every evening around 8 or 9pm, along with a Dannon Light & Fit vanilla yogurt. It's like dessert, and really leaves me feeling satisfied. Also, on the days that I run, I will eat 1-2 squares of Ghirardelli dark chocolate--or their dark chocolate with caramel in it--with my yogurt and cocoa.

If you don't want to do the MRC cocoa, you could also just do a sugar-free cocoa packet, like Swiss Miss.

Anyway, this seems to be what has helped me the most. Also, it helps keep me on track during the day, because I really look forward to my planned evening treat and so I make sure I'm pretty good during the day so I don't have to give up my treat to make up for splurges during the day. I think the key here, though, is to have your evening snack or treat be PLANNED, that way you're not going over your calories or making bad decisions.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #160  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
ynapier.. You and Jen mentioned being apprehensive of gaining.. I have to admit I am, also, and I think that is what keeps me focused not to gain. I don't deny myself anything, but when I do have something and I do gain weight, I do have an odd feeling , hard to explain, that I get right back on to green menu until I take the weight off.. I do not think that is a bad thing. Y'all will be fine.. If you are afraid of gaining weight back, I doubt you will, as you are thinking about it, and will do everything you can to get back to basics if scale goes up..

Patzi
I'm the same way. I'm paranoid about gaining almost to the point of being borderline OCD about it. If I have a week where I have multiple meals that I don't have much control over (eating out a lot, or eating meals supplied by work or at a friend's house) I will sometimes have an emotional meltdown over it. However, if the trade-off is that I get to stay healthy and look great indefinitely, then I guess I'm okay with that.

I'm with Patzi, though, where I still allow myself to splurge (we had a mac & cheese potluck at work today--and I definitely indulged, but didn't go overboard like I would have in the past) sometimes, but then I get right back "on the wagon" and either adjust my eating for the next day or two or increase my exercise, or both.

If I have a 1-3lb gain, I've found that just going back to "clean" eating (what I call the green menu, lol) get's me back down within a few days to a week. Definitely easier to deal with a gain of 5lbs or less than to wait and deal with a 10 or 20lb gain, I think!
Old 05-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #161  

Tami, thanks so much for mentioning that website. They have the Mini-Crisps that I used to get at my MRC. They haven't had them in a while because they were told they're being "re-formulated." I may have to get them. Just to compare prices, does anyone know what would be the equivalent at Diet Direct?

I'm with Natalie about the "planned" snacks. It's really helping me. Around 3-4 in the afternoon, I'm having some Skinny Cow ice cream for my dairy. Love it and not affecting my weight at all which is a plus. Also, nights like last night where dinner was late and my stomach is growling, I'm finding that my "freebie" sugar-free jello will usually calm things down for a bit. So now, I'm going to eat jello before I reach for other things. Forgot how much I missed it.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #162  

Maintenance weigh in today and stayed the same 6 1/2 pounds under goal..

I also do planned snacks.

Patzi
Old 05-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #163  

Jen what kind of Skinny Cow do you get? I have seen a couple in the store but haven't tried any of them.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #164  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynapier View Post
Jen what kind of Skinny Cow do you get? I have seen a couple in the store but haven't tried any of them.
I've been getting the ice cream sandwiches. They're 140-150 calories each. So good! May have to try their other items too.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #165  

For those of you on maintenance that like alcohol beverage once in awhile, here is a drink my friend sent me. She is on WW and this is from a site called Skinnytaste.

Iced Green Tea Mojito

Adapted from the Kitchn
Skinnytaste.com

Servings: 1 • Size: 1 mojito
Calories: 110 • Fat: 0.1 g • Protein: 0.5 g • Carb: 10.9 g • Fiber: 0.6 g • Sugar: 8.8 g
Sodium: 4.2 mg

Ingredients:

1 tbsp fresh lime juice
4 large spearmint leaves, plus more for garnish
4 baby arugula leaves
2 tsp sugar(use splenda) or stevia
1/2 cup brewed green tea, chilled
1 oz white rum
Directions:

Muddle the lime juice, mint, arugula, and sugar together in a tall Collins glass until the leaves bruise lightly and the flavors release. Add ice until glass is about 3/4 full and then pour in rum and green tea. Stir well and garnish with mint and lime.

I cannot copy the picture to this forum,, so if you go to the site you will see it.. looks very inviting.

Patzi
Closed Thread