Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #166  

I'm with Jen that on most days one of my two dairy servings is some sort of skinny cow or weight watchers ice cream treat or frozen yogurt (although you have to watch those...there is great variety in fat/sugar/protein content). Basically I keep it 150 calories or less, usually around 100. It helps me keep a bit of my sanity and not feeling deprived while also being consistent. The ice cream sandwiches or bars I prefer just because they are already in the correct serving size...if I dish out my own frozen yogurt I have to make sure my serving size doesn't get inflated if i'm having a bad day
Old 05-13-2012, 07:57 PM   #167  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Hi ladies

Great suggestions on the snacks! Making sugar free orange jello tonite and adding some sugar free mandarin orange slices. I add 2 T lite cool whip and blend the mixture in the blender. Then add the fruit. It's like a mousse and soooo good. I've added Greek yogurt too to make it more like a pudding. I just tried the Lindt dark chocolate w chili. Yum. But had more than 2 squares . Ok Desparate Housewives is on!! More later
Old 05-14-2012, 09:17 AM   #168  

Height: 5' 5"

I found some Klondike No-Sugar added treats at 100 calories each. They were BOGO, so I got them this time.

Some days I'm still amazed at how much I've learned and how much you all have taught me. I decided I wanted to "enjoy" my Mother's Day Dinner last night with my mom, siblings, and their families. So, I saved most of my calories for dinner and desert last night. We had a great time, I didn't over do it, took a couple of fat & carb blockers, and even had a piece of cookie cake (which my 2 year old wanted BEFORE dinner) and the result...no weight gain!

Last edited by JenB72; 05-14-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #169  
bespectacled weirdo

S/C/G: 264/220.9/154

Height: 5 foot 4 inches

I have a question. I told them that I could not afford the drinks so they put me on a 1500 calorie maitenence plan (they said once my body gets used to it they will reduce me to 1200, but they did not want to shock my system). But I was wondering about the serving size of veggies. I mean several of the ones that were not OP originally are there and they say 1/2 c = 1 exchange. But what about all the others. Do I still have to get in 4 oz cooked or 8 raw? I don't want to overeat on this thing and stop losing.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #170  

Yup, my 1200 calories menu says 4 oz. cooked or 8 oz. raw for the normal OP veggies. The new ones (squash, carrots, peas, etc.) are either 1/2 cup cooked or 1 cup raw up to 3x a week.

Last edited by JenB72; 05-14-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:04 PM   #171  

Thank you so much, Tami! I just placed my first order with Family Bariatric. Their main page had a code for what turned out to be $3 off shipping for my order. The price difference between them and Diet Direct with their free shipping was less than $2. I opted for FB because the boxes were identical to MRC's and I wanted that little bit of comfort level. So, not only am I getting my fav mini crisps that they quit selling at MRC, but also the mint bars they quit selling too. I'm also gonna try a box of their fudge cake and the chocolate covered pretzels. Great selection!
Old 05-14-2012, 01:35 PM   #172  
Motivated Member

Default Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom Black Raspberry

YUM!!!just picked up a box at Walmart... no sugar added and they are 100 cal.

Black Raspberry Low Fat Ice Cream w/ Dark Chocolate flavored coating...
oh, my -there is nothing diet tasting about them at all! 7 g. fat, 11 carbs, 2 g. protein

i love the individual packaging - will keep me from overloading on my portion. YUM!!
Old 05-14-2012, 04:32 PM   #173  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
Thank you so much, Tami! I just placed my first order with Family Bariatric. Their main page had a code for what turned out to be $3 off shipping for my order. The price difference between them and Diet Direct with their free shipping was less than $2. I opted for FB because the boxes were identical to MRC's and I wanted that little bit of comfort level. So, not only am I getting my fav mini crisps that they quit selling at MRC, but also the mint bars they quit selling too. I'm also gonna try a box of their fudge cake and the chocolate covered pretzels. Great selection!
Hey Jen...I decided to spend the $200 with Family Bariatric to get free shipping...so in doing that, I still saved more than buying through Diet Direct with free shipping....all of their items were at least $2 cheaper per box! I will certainly order again...so long as in a large quantity I really thought their shipping charges were outrageous otherwise.

I was at Walgreens the other day...and they had Fiber One bars on sale for $1.99 a box. I looked it over, and while not a great source of protein, these bars have like 9grams of Fiber in each bar! Low Fat and low calories...anyways, I bought that Oats & Carmel...OMGosh!!! Fabulous..just sayin...may want to try them!!! Have an HNS with it if you want protein!! LOL

Last edited by Tamikl; 05-14-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #174  

Tami...
I love that Family Bariatric Site.. I just put in an order.. They have some items as Jen has said that MRC discontinuted.. If anyone ever comes up with that chocolate powder they stopped selling to make the brownies, please let me know.. I am excited about getting my new order..

Patzi
Old 05-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

I'm going to have to try the Skinny Cow stuff. I also want to try the Blue Bunny frozen yogurt. It is starting to get hot and I like ice cream in the summer time.

I got my week 4 menu today. It looks good to me. I'm still having a hard time eating all the food that they want me to eat. I am still good with the green menu amount. I figure as long as a eat at least that I will be fine. When I WI today I was down 1 pound. It was a GREAT feeling. I was super excited. I got to sign the 70 pound board. This gives me to confidence that I can slowly lose more if I wish. I am still thinking I want to loss 5 to 10 more pounds. But I'm not sure. We will see how it goes.

I'm really liking exercise. I use the gazelle for at least 30 minutes 5 days a week. I usually get in around 2.5 or 3 miles in that time. I need to do more toning. I have been doing lungs, dips and pushups 2 times a week and should do them 3 times a week. I am going to push myself to do that this week. I never thougth that I would actually LIKE to work out. I didn't even really like it when I was an athlete in school. But now I love the way it makes me feel.

Last edited by ynapier; 05-15-2012 at 05:45 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #176  
Motivated Member

Jen. Thanks for reminding about SFFF jello. It's perfect when I want something cool and sweet and only 10 cal. I'll have to remember to make some jello treats to take on my next camping trip! I topped my orange jello with a dollop of Greek yogurt w Splenda and sprinkle of cinnamon. Yum!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #177  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Well, feeling a bit stressed out...At WI today, I am up 2 lbs I knew I was up because I check myself every morning. The confusing part is that I don't think it is from food. I am leaning towards water retention...and hoping that is it. After reviewing my journal, my counselor thinks so too. Had a long day yesterday on a bus with my daughter's field trip...not much water all day...etc. I pray that the lack of water yesterday could be why this is going on. Can water retention actually contribute to a 2lb gain?? Anyone else experience this ever??

Usually I am up before TOM, but this time, I am up right after which is just plain weird. I can just feel the anxiety building because I get so afraid of messing up. I am suppose to text my counselor tomorrow what my weight it at roughly the same time we took it today. Hopefully there will have been a drop. If not, she is suppose to have a plan to help me...I sure do love having her...Maintenance check ins are so important.

To top it all off, I am going away with the DH for the weekend. While I am so excited about this, I will also be eating out Even making good choices can lead to subtle gains when we eat out of routine...as we all know. "One Meal at a time." I WILL get back on track, even though I really do feel like I have been on track, something is obviously off.

Hope you all are doing well!!

Last edited by Tamikl; 05-16-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:11 PM   #178  

Hi...
I just came home from 5 days up North at graduation.. I have to say I am a nervous wreck to weigh in tomorrow morning.. I did the best I could, but there was eating out 3 times a day, and that never works for me.. I never had any of the cake, none of the Greek pastries, just a very difficult time. I did have some wine with my meals, but I have been doing that since maintenance. When there was a wrap, I may have eaten 2 or 3, as they were the small ones, but only ate the inside of one... So, we shall see.. I will be back on tomorrow and let y'all know.

Patzi
Old 05-21-2012, 08:40 PM   #179  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Could someone send me the new green menu? I'd like to take a look at the changes they've made.

I'm mostly interested in possibly eating greek yogurt some mornings, instead of eggs or cheese, but I'd also like to see what else they've added and how much the portion sizes are.

My email is sun_angel79 (at) yahoo (dot) com. Thanks!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #180  

What a great surprise on weigh in to day. I gained 1/2 pound, making me 5 1/2 pounds under goal. I am so happy I made the choices I made during the 5 days

Patzi
Closed Thread