Old 06-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #121  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc2010 View Post
i have the cookbook at my house!

and yes i was doing turkey from publix..low sodium publix brand lunch meat.
so citrus...as in oranges? a whole orange?

and dinner was def usually chicken, green beans or broccoli and then the toast..natures own. 40 cal

i will do shake/bar diet...and hopefully it will work .....if i stop the cravings...and with waking up and snacking...i will pretty much just have to STOP!

what about stopping working out...is that going to cause any problems...
i will try running again.
and i will do my water.

just need to get to 110 and stop the freaking gosh darn snacking
cool, a lot of the recipes I mentioned are not in the cookbook but they are in the recipe thread in this forum.

I would cut out the lunch meat, even if it is low sodium.... and yes, citrus would be like oranges. yes, a whole orange.

I would change to either a toning exercise like yoga or pilates or cardio like running.
namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 04:55 PM   #122  
Denise

Quote:
also do you think drinks(HNS) really help weight loss and pills...because i go weekends sometimes or a few days without them when i run out...and was losing weight still...
I don't know what pills you are taking but yes, the drinks help. You have to understand though; the reason you are drinking the HNS is for the protein. It's high in protein and low in calories. When you drink one, your body goes out looking for food to burn; when it can't find food, it burns your stored fat. You want it to burn stored fat and not your lean muscle. Because of this, the drinks help with your skin and your hair. It helps so you don't have sagging skin as you lose and so your hair won't fall out. That's the reason I asked if you were getting enough HNS.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:57 PM   #123  

so if no turkey....grilled chicken?
bc2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #124  
Denise

Quote:
so if no turkey....grilled chicken?
You can do turkey, just don't do turkey lunch meat.... grilled chicken breast is fine too. Do you have your menu plan? It lists all the lean proteins you can have on plan. Basically, you want to stay away from foods that are processed or have preservatives (like lunch meat, turkey dogs, etc)

If this making sense?
Old 06-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #125  

yes makes sense and I appreciate the help!!!!!
the whole hair loss and no cycle thing has been a worry
and then not getting to 110 has been a major stress..
Old 06-11-2010, 11:55 PM   #126  

also, what about having a cream when i want a snack....the choc pudding, or hot chocolate...or the mini crisps...
before bed or when i wake up and want something?
was told by center to have them...
but scared it will make me gain weight even though they say it wont..
Old 06-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #127  
Denise

Quote:
also, what about having a cream when i want a snack....the choc pudding, or hot chocolate...or the mini crisps...
before bed or when i wake up and want something?
was told by center to have them...
but scared it will make me gain weight even though they say it wont..
No, you can have them. I have mine at night before bed. I usually make the creamy hot cocoa into the gooey brownie recipe. So tasty!
Old 06-14-2010, 09:49 PM   #128  
Skinny for Scuba!

S/C/G: 178/149/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi all - maybe I should share this on the recipe board or perhaps it's already there, but I've been using the Walden Farms Russian Dressing to marinate chicken breast in (along w/some dill and Southwest Chipotle Mrs. Dash) and then grill it - and it is really good. Just using the serving size recommended - it's enough to coat both sides of a large breast and then I have 2 meals from that - truly delicious. Just thought I'd share!
guinevere75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:10 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 177.5/142/142

Height: 5' 5"

I went to w/i yesterday and was down 2.5 since Thursday. I needed to drop 1/2 pound to meet 10 pounds down and I surpassed that and am down a total of 12 pounds! I wish that I could say this has been easy, but each day I have at least a few challenges... I work my way through them and am proud of myself for doing so. The only thing that is going to get me to my goal is my dedication and perseverance.
I have been looking on the recipe forum and need to try out some new ones as my menu is looking almost the same each day. Thank you ladies for all of your posts.... I really enjoy reading them. This site is so wonderful and the support is amazing!
wendinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:01 PM   #130  
Started program June 2010

Wendi, that is so great. You only have 11 pounds to go? That is amazing!

Congratulations on losing 12 pounds so far.

Have you found something new in the recipes yet? I am looking for something other than chicken! LOL
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:02 PM   #131  

Height: 5'3"

namaste, what is the gooey brownie recipe???

Last edited by brainsgirl; 06-15-2010 at 06:02 PM.
brainsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:07 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 326/ticker/200

Height: 5'6

Default :(

I am really struggling! I was on vaca for three weeks and been back a week and have yet to get mu butt back on plan. what the heck am i doing???
melNco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:41 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/197

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melNco View Post
I am really struggling! I was on vaca for three weeks and been back a week and have yet to get mu butt back on plan. what the heck am i doing???
Hi Mel.. I'm in the exact same boat. I've been back from vacation for a couple of weeks, and have had a heck of a time getting back on program. I didn't eat that bad on Vacation, and stayed the same, but so far I have not lost anything since I've been back. I started this week back on program, and so far 3 days on program. I'm struggling SOOO much at night. When I sit in front of the TV, I just want to snack. UUGGGHHH!!
MEEZOOGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:55 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by melNco View Post
Just remember those first couple of weeks when you first started. It is very tough, but eventually those cravings go away if you stick to it. Maybe shake up the routine a bit until your cravings are under control. For example, I would suggest not TV watching but doing something else if TV watching is your trigger. If you have favorite shows that you don't want to miss, you could always record them or watch them on hulu the next day. You are probably out of ketosis, so the carb monsters are trying to get more food! Once you break through that tough part, you'll be home free.

Good luck!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:38 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 177.5/142/142

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEEZOOGIRL View Post
Hi Mel.. I'm in the exact same boat. I've been back from vacation for a couple of weeks, and have had a heck of a time getting back on program. I didn't eat that bad on Vacation, and stayed the same, but so far I have not lost anything since I've been back. I started this week back on program, and so far 3 days on program. I'm struggling SOOO much at night. When I sit in front of the TV, I just want to snack. UUGGGHHH!!
I know how hard it can be to get into 'the groove'. I have a tough time also at night and really want to snack. I try to eat dinner a little later than usual and save my creamy for around 9pm. I really look forward to that last snack of the day and usually make a cup of tea to have with it.
You have done so well so far so you know you can do it. Getting back to the basics and drinking all of your water and planning meals ahead may help. I know that it is bathing suit season so that is a definite inspiration for me as I have a 4 yr old and a 5 yr old and they are ALL about the neighborhood pool
Those first few days were REALLY tough for me, but you can do it!!!!
wendinnc is offline   Reply With Quote