Old 06-03-2010, 03:20 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary1011 View Post
I hit my 100th day yesterday and celebrated by being OP 100% with no extra snacking. Not even OP foods as a snack here and there.
WOW! Good for you! I wish I could say that.. You have done well.. Keep up the good work.!

Cheers
Ronnie
RonnieAdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:42 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary1011 View Post
I hit my 100th day yesterday and celebrated by being OP 100% with no extra snacking. Not even OP foods as a snack here and there.
AWESOME Mary! It is so hard to recondition ourselves not to "treat" ourselves with food. I am so proud of you!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:43 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

So many of you are posting wonderful successes that I wanted to post 1 big CONGRATS to you all! You are awesome and inspiring! We can do this!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:13 AM   #34  

Height: 5' 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanie830 View Post
Small victory today!! Over the course of the last two weeks, both my mother and father have had some fairly significant medical issues come up and both of them are stubborn as can be and neither of them are listening to their respective doctor. To make matters worse, I figured out today that I'm going to have put my 13-year-old kitty down tomorrow who is very much a member of our family. Today, I was at my wit's end and all I could think about was.......ice cream.....chocolate.....ANYTHING that isn't on program. My victory? I stayed away! I made it through the day and stayed on program. Emotional eating is why I'm overweight in the first place so I'm so pleased to have resisted!!!
That is some pretty tough stuff to handle all at once. I feel like eating anything and everything when I get down, stressed, or mad too. Great job keeping yourself together and resisting those urges!!
Mary1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:15 AM   #35  

Height: 5' 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli87marie View Post
Hello all. I have fumbled around with the idea of actually joining this site and leaving my own comments. After I have literally spend the past 3 days reading posting from months and months ago, I decided... why not?
I started the program this past Saturday and weighed in for the first time yesterday. I lost 5 lbs over a holiday weekend! Heres to hoping I can keep this up.
I have a feeling I'm going to to need the support on here since I only weigh in once a week!
You'll be glad you joined to post as well. It's a great site and it's comforting to know that you're not alone with pretty much anything you're feeling or going through. Welcome and great start to your weight loss!
Mary1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:45 PM   #36  
Started program June 2010

Hello again! I have lost 5.2 pounds as of yesterday. I started pre-conditioning on May 24 and the plan on May 28. I would love to keep up that progress!
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #37  

Height: 5'6''

Ohhh...I am going through a mega funk...borrowing from Glee. I know i'm gonna show a gain if i go weigh in. I'm going out of town to visit a friend starting on Monday and I never stay OP while I'm with her. I don't go crazy, but it's hard when she's cooking for me. i refuse to be demanding of her...feels rude to me. Can't do it. SO now I'm trying to decide if I even wanna go weigh in before I leave or just go when I get back. Sucks. Sorry to be a downer...I'm just whiney. I'm sure I'll try to find time to go in to the center before i leave...just don't wanna *big pout*
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:37 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 189/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic View Post
Ohhh...I am going through a mega funk...borrowing from Glee. I know i'm gonna show a gain if i go weigh in. I'm going out of town to visit a friend starting on Monday and I never stay OP while I'm with her. I don't go crazy, but it's hard when she's cooking for me. i refuse to be demanding of her...feels rude to me. Can't do it. SO now I'm trying to decide if I even wanna go weigh in before I leave or just go when I get back. Sucks. Sorry to be a downer...I'm just whiney. I'm sure I'll try to find time to go in to the center before i leave...just don't wanna *big pout*
If going to weigh in is going to make you feel worse, just skip it and go after you get back from your trip. Sometimes I had to skip if I knew I'd feel worse after seeing I was up. I gave myself a chance to drop back down and then went in.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #39  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Default Life is a highway

My losses continue at about 1 to 1 and 1/2 pounds each time I go to weigh in. The last days of school (teaching fourth grade) have been tempting but not insurmountable. All the party treats and chips and sodas and cookies and cupcakes, etc. etc. I have not touched any of it, and I made sure the kids ate it all or took it all home. Tomorrow is the last day.
I confess I'm looking forward to having time to plan and cook, but at the same time, work gives structure to my day. If I don't take food with me to begin with, I don't eat it! Being home with other people presents its own challenges, especially sticking to regular meal times and avoiding the urge to skip meals when I get busy with projects. This is the start of a whole new life in uncharted territory. Glad MRC gave me a good map!
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 11:01 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 213/207/173

Height: 5'6"

Default Temptations...

I just want to wish everyone the best luck this week with their weigh in's and staying on plan.

Tomorrow will present its own challenges... I will be making several dozen chocolate covered strawberries and mini-cheesecakes for a baby shower. I hope I can resist!

Oh and on a totally random note... if you have not tried buffalo.... try it. It tastes so much like hamburger meat which means I can eat it more than twice a week! This is wonderful news to my non fish, burned out on chicken tastebuds!!
eli87marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:15 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 222 / see tracker / 150

Height: 5'5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladystarrider View Post
My losses continue at about 1 to 1 and 1/2 pounds each time I go to weigh in. The last days of school (teaching fourth grade) have been tempting but not insurmountable. All the party treats and chips and sodas and cookies and cupcakes, etc. etc. I have not touched any of it, and I made sure the kids ate it all or took it all home. Tomorrow is the last day.
I confess I'm looking forward to having time to plan and cook, but at the same time, work gives structure to my day. If I don't take food with me to begin with, I don't eat it! Being home with other people presents its own challenges, especially sticking to regular meal times and avoiding the urge to skip meals when I get busy with projects. This is the start of a whole new life in uncharted territory. Glad MRC gave me a good map!
Congratulations! Sounds like you started this at just the right time so you can spend the summer getting your habits together and be strong and almost done by fall!
GoalAug2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:16 AM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli87marie View Post
I just want to wish everyone the best luck this week with their weigh in's and staying on plan.

Tomorrow will present its own challenges... I will be making several dozen chocolate covered strawberries and mini-cheesecakes for a baby shower. I hope I can resist!

Oh and on a totally random note... if you have not tried buffalo.... try it. It tastes so much like hamburger meat which means I can eat it more than twice a week! This is wonderful news to my non fish, burned out on chicken tastebuds!!
LOVE buffalo. I even ate it for breakfast for quite a while :-)

You do have to read the labels and be careful though. Some companies mix in beef with the buffalo. The stuff they sell on QVC has beef in some of it. I accidentally bought some frozen at a local grocery that I wasn't familiar with--when I saw how much fat ran out when I cooked it, I read the label.
pbolton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:52 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 204/181/170

Height: 5 feet 9 inches

I had a slip up tonight. I went to the local dinner theatre in town with the intentions of staying OP. But I didn't. I had mashed potatoes. And ice cream. I'm awful. I know I chose to so this. I just hope it doesn't effect the scale on Saturday. I hope to maintain my weight....
mtgal1453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:12 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 310/262/180 ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladystarrider View Post
Good Job!! My mom works in the schools as well so I hear about all the parties and treats! Way to resist! Keep it up!

Also I want to say Congratulations to all the ladies who are posting their success on this thread! And for us who slip up, dont forget .... get right back on program for the next meal. Dont wait till tomorrow start right back!! You can so anything you set your mind too!
Ang2877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:43 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 177.5/142/142

Height: 5' 5"

I am going today to w/i so I'll let you know what the scale has in store for me. I wish I could put away my scale at home..... I weigh myself everyday.... at least once! I am obsessed with that number going down and don't want that to be the defining factor of my mood for the day. I know that there have been some posts that suggest only weighing in at the center. I really wish that I could do that, but I really like to see how I am doing each day. Any suggestions??
wendinnc is offline   Reply With Quote