Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 05:58 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 217/217/175

Height: 5'11"

It would be nice I have 2 bags of really nice clothes that I need to do something with and I already dropped 2-3 bags off at goodwill. Anyone in the northern colorado area needing 16 and some 18 dress clothes let me know.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:17 PM   #47  

The clothing exchange is great idea! My women's group organizes an exchange every year. It's great fun. We charge 50 cents per items and donate the proceeds to charity. It would be great to organize that at a center since everyone is dropping so fast!

Day 1 without caffeine has seriously sucked!!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 12:21 AM   #48  
Meiho

S/C/G: 165/134/130

Height: 5'5"

Smile Clothing exchange

I went for a WI today and had dropped 3 big pounds doing Meta Quick this week. I was able to sign the 20 pound board! Yeah! Never though I'd see 140 again. Now for the next 10 pounds. I'm having surgery next week and am scared to death that during my inactive time following surgery, I'll gain weight.

Anyway, I told the gals that I had bagged up my size 14 pants and they said to bring them in. That might inspire the manager to get off her cute size 10 butt and start the pants exchange.

I got the idea from a friend who lsot 45 pounds on MRC and gave me five pairs of her size 8s. (She's so proud of wearing size 6!) I can't get into them yet, but have them hanging on my closet door. They are incentive for me to continue my weight loss. They were FREE and are really nice and I really want to be able to wear them, not just look at them hanging on the closet door!

She said the original center she went to had a pants exchange. No money, just bring one of your previous size and take one in your new size. Makes soooo much sense to inspire each other.

I'll keep you posted on when I can get into the size 8s and what the center decides to do. Seems like that would be a good service to offer and it wouldn't cost anyone anything. They could set up some basic rules, like the pants must be clean and wearable, on a hanger, with size clearly identified, little things like that. Any more ideas I could pass on to them? Let's make it happen, Ladies!
Old 02-06-2009, 01:26 AM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiho View Post
I went for a WI today and had dropped 3 big pounds doing Meta Quick this week. I was able to sign the 20 pound board! Yeah! Never though I'd see 140 again. Now for the next 10 pounds. I'm having surgery next week and am scared to death that during my inactive time following surgery, I'll gain weight.

Anyway, I told the gals that I had bagged up my size 14 pants and they said to bring them in. That might inspire the manager to get off her cute size 10 butt and start the pants exchange.

I got the idea from a friend who lsot 45 pounds on MRC and gave me five pairs of her size 8s. (She's so proud of wearing size 6!) I can't get into them yet, but have them hanging on my closet door. They are incentive for me to continue my weight loss. They were FREE and are really nice and I really want to be able to wear them, not just look at them hanging on the closet door!

She said the original center she went to had a pants exchange. No money, just bring one of your previous size and take one in your new size. Makes soooo much sense to inspire each other.

I'll keep you posted on when I can get into the size 8s and what the center decides to do. Seems like that would be a good service to offer and it wouldn't cost anyone anything. They could set up some basic rules, like the pants must be clean and wearable, on a hanger, with size clearly identified, little things like that. Any more ideas I could pass on to them? Let's make it happen, Ladies!

Congrats on signing the 20lb board and remember to keep checking in and hopefully the board will help your focus! I'm sure you will be fine!

Good luck with your surgery and I hope all goes well.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:18 AM   #50  
texdoc2001

S/C/G: 207/207/150

Height: 5'2"

Meiho: Wow to you for signing the 20-lb board! It's so encouraging to this little community when one of us hits a milestone. I need to believe that the 20-lb board is within reach again. Hope all of you have OP days with lots of good things happening.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #51  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

CONGRATS!! Signing the 20lb board is such a milestone
My MRC has a clothing exchange several times a year. I've donated to to them but I've never actually been to one as I seem to be out of town every time on the actual day. They do have the stipulation that anything not taken away at the end will be donated to Goodwill or an organization like that. BTW, mine doesn't limit it to pants, it's simply a clothing exchange.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Congrats on signing the 20lb. board!! I remember that on as a big milestone for me.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #53  
texdoc2001

Down 1 pound at WI this morning. At least things are moving in the right direction. Challenge for the weekend: Sam and his daughter and her boyfriend are coming to stay at my house. Will I be able to cook for them and stay OP? I am stating right here that, yes. I can do this. I will do this. And I am going to use this group for accountability if that's all right with y'all.

Finz--we're new to each other and I just now checked out your tracker. My God, girl! 100 pounds! Please share some wisdom! Seriously, you are inspirational. So many people here have been that kind of inspiration--Donuts being among them. Wish he would show up here, too!

Anyway, love to all of you today.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:53 AM   #54  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Height: 5'1

Default As my daughter would say Ya Baby!!

I am so excited my plateau has been broken.I have lost another 2 pounds and My jeans are all showing the baggy butt syndrome.That means I get to go shopping for new pants .How exciting.I have gone from a 20/22 to a 11/12 so far and it is the greatest feeling in the world.I have never been much of a runner but did 2.5 miles in an hour yesterday which is totally awesome for me.The great part is I am not feeling to sore this morning.I do believe this will be a new thing I can add to my exercise regime to stir things up.Now for a reward I think I will figure out how to size down some of my patterns that are brand new but to big for me.New clothes here I come.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:24 AM   #55  
Complete the process

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Well, off a day, on a day, off a day...

Fortunately my off plan day yesterday had a little positive piece. I stayed on plan all day, but right at bedtime grapped a couple of slices of toasted baguette that I had made a couple of weeks ago for home made croutons...
then I had 2 more, then 2 more...they are very small slices, but definitely not op, anyway, total calories were under 200, but sure delays ketosis.

My thoughts drifted towards the chocolate chip cookies lurking in the snack drawer...but...I stayed strong and didn't have the cookie!! Yay, me.

I know the next few weeks are going to be hard, because my pattern is to get within 5 pounds of goal and then start slacking off. So my goal is to stay really focused and commited to following the plan. Off to the gym for a work out...that always helps.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:57 AM   #56  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdoc2001 View Post
Down 1 pound at WI this morning. At least things are moving in the right direction. Challenge for the weekend: Sam and his daughter and her boyfriend are coming to stay at my house. Will I be able to cook for them and stay OP? I am stating right here that, yes. I can do this. I will do this. And I am going to use this group for accountability if that's all right with y'all.
Yes...you CAN and WILL cook for them and stay OP. It doesn't hurt anyone to eat healthy!!
Old 02-06-2009, 12:01 PM   #57  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

I signed the 60 pound board yesterday with 3 pounds to spare!! I was so excited because I had lost 3.5 pounds since Monday. I haven't been losing very quickly lately, but I am going to try to sign the 70 pound board by the end of the month. It should be doable since I am already at 63, but I just never know.

Last edited by dla; 02-06-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:04 PM   #58  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Height: 5'1

Default Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
I signed the 60 pound board yesterday with 3 pounds to spare!! I was so excited because I had lost 3.5 pounds since Monday. I haven't been losing very quickly lately, but I am goign to try to sign the 70 pound board by the end of the month. It should be doable since I am already at 63, but I just never know.
Thats great congratulations.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #59  

Quote:
I signed the 60 pound board yesterday with 3 pounds to spare!! I was so excited because I had lost 3.5 pounds since Monday. I haven't been losing very quickly lately, but I am goign to try to sign the 70 pound board by the end of the month. It should be doable since I am already at 63, but I just never know.
Congrats! That is soooo awesome!
Old 02-06-2009, 03:03 PM   #60  
texdoc2001

Quote:
WOW!!! Talk about inspiration!
Closed Thread