Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 12:32 PM   #16  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 271/247/170

Height: 5'7"

Ya'll are right! It's going to be hard, but I guess I'll just see how it goes. OBviously losing the weight fast is what's more important!!!

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all!!
Old 12-24-2008, 08:04 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I survived the Golden Corral ---haha
I guess this was on plan as best as possible so I am counting it! This is THE FIRST time I have ever been to a buffet style restaurant that I didn't load up on fried chicken, mac and cheese, rolls with butter. I was a little bummed when I walked in and smelled all the food, but I looked around and over half of the people in the place was morbidly obese (myself included) and decided that is NOT how I want to be anymore.

I had baked chicken (took off the skin) altho I have no idea how it was prepared
approx 8 oz raw veggies --no brainer
half a medium size multigrain roll --this was a little questionable. I needed my grain/starch. This was the closest thing I could find but it tasted a little buttery.
I also took my crisps as my dessert

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone !!
Old 12-25-2008, 04:59 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 217/217/175

Height: 5'11"

Okay so Christmas lunch was next to impossible to stay OP! My Dear MIL Served nothing but Turkey that was on plan. I just took little spoonfuls of each item to try not to be rude but it was sooo frustrating! Oh well. Guess when you don't cook I can' say much! Hope the rest of my weekend is easier. She keeps trying to get me to eat off program foods, fudge cookies etc....... I've resisted so far but not sure how long you can hold out!

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and enjoyed your family! I just had to vent and now I will be fine! We have had such a wonderful day otherwise!
Old 12-26-2008, 09:05 PM   #19  
Learning from Mistakes!!

S/C/G: 213/194/135

Height: 5.5

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted lately, I have been pretty busy and kinda fallen in and out of plan. I started stabalization just before Thanksgiving and have cheated a lot along the way. I kept telling myself that I just needed to make it through Christmas then I would be perfect. I am proud to say that today I have been OP all day. I told one of the girls at the center that I wanted to start stabalization over again because I haven't done it perfectly from the start. She said to do the green menu for a week then begin stabalization again. I am proud to say that what ever weight I did gain, I have lost. The day before Christmas I went to WI, I was 145 lbs. Whoo Hoo. Maybe by the end of the week it will be less. I think on New Years I am going to attemp the C25K program. I hope you all had a great Christmas and I hope to be on here more often to talk with you all.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:43 PM   #20  
Melissa

S/C/G: 208.8/164.8/135 - 44.0lbs down

Hi All! I hope everyone had a great Christmas! I had a GREAT one!

I just WI this morning and I lost 3.2 since last Friday! I have been at the center for four weeks and I'm down 15.2 pounds! My goal was to lose 10 pounds by New Years, and now I'm 5 pounds ahead!

I was totally OP this whole time. Not even one cookie, piece of fudge, or ANYTHING!! I so want to lose my weight and I'm so glad I was/am able to resist temptation!
Old 12-26-2008, 11:37 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovekotilab View Post

I just WI this morning and I lost 3.2 since last Friday! I have been at the center for four weeks and I'm down 15.2 pounds! My goal was to lose 10 pounds by New Years, and now I'm 5 pounds ahead!

I was totally OP this whole time. Not even one cookie, piece of fudge, or ANYTHING!! I so want to lose my weight and I'm so glad I was/am able to resist temptation!
Congrats on the loss! You have done awesome. It's funny the sweets haven't tempted me! It's the other foods and eating out a ton that haven't helped! Good luck with the program!
Old 12-27-2008, 05:35 AM   #22  
Carrie

S/C/G: 194/163/135

Height: 5'4"

I love reading all of your "inputs" before and after Xmas!! Had dinner here at my house for 35 last night...it was crazy!! And yet soooo fun seeing family that I haven't seen since the summer! I look in the mirror...and see a smaller person, ...but, holy moly, from the comments...you'd think I'd lost a million pounds......and then when my brother made the comment that I wasn't appreciating the comments...because I might be perceiving myself...bigger than I am...I really had to think about what he was saying...and yep...he was right!!! Isn't it interesting what the mirror...or the mind does?...and that when you finally find a program that works...and you lose weight...it plays with your head?...and it would be so much easier to accept it and move on...and enjoy the "skinny? ...okay...on that note everyone,... Happy New Years!!!...I'm sooooooooo thrilled you're all in my life...welcome new "losers"...you are soooooooo going to be thrilled with your losses in the next coming months!!! I'm sooo looking forward to all of our losses!!

Last edited by maintainforlife; 12-27-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:30 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 266/ticker/150

Quote:

that is sooo awesome! Great job! I know exactly how you are feeling right now because I didn't go off plan at all either..and I am on top of the world! I am giving away tons of junk food that friends and neighbors have sent over. Its actually been a good thing to have so many dinner parties at my house (after this weekend it will have been 4 in a row!) because the junk food is disapearing and for once its not going inside me!

Here is something else I noticed with MRC. I have so much energy, I am buzzing around the kitchen and taking care of everyone else and NOT in a big hurry to scarf down my food. It took my longer to eat my MRC dinner than it did for my friends and family to eat a giant lasagna dinner. They were all miserable after eating..no room for dessert. I felt so alive and energetic while they were slumped over complaining. Not that I am happy that they were miserable but it felt good not to be like that!
Old 12-27-2008, 10:59 AM   #24  

My biggest success of the weekend was going to the movies and not dipping into the popcorn (Which is my absolute favorite) or the hot tamale's. But I did cave to pizza at lunch! But picked it up and was focused the rest of the day. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:16 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Quote:

Congrats on the willpower of steel!!! I planned on eating on Christmas day like I did at Thanksgiving and then getting right back on the next day. I've stayed to that plan and just have to make it through our last celebration tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 thinner me View Post
I am proud to say that today I have been OP all day. I told one of the girls at the center that I wanted to start stabalization over again because I haven't done it perfectly from the start. She said to do the green menu for a week then begin stabalization again. I am proud to say that what ever weight I did gain, I have lost. The day before Christmas I went to WI, I was 145 lbs. Whoo Hoo. Maybe by the end of the week it will be less. I think on New Years I am going to attemp the C25K program.
Great job getting back on track! Things will be so much easier once we're done with the holidays! I'm excited to start the C25K on Jan. 5th also

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieMcC View Post
I didn't go off plan at all either..and I am on top of the world! I am giving away tons of junk food that friends and neighbors have sent over. Here is something else I noticed with MRC. I have so much energy, I am buzzing around the kitchen and taking care of everyone else and NOT in a big hurry to scarf down my food. It took my longer to eat my MRC dinner than it did for my friends and family to eat a giant lasagna dinner. They were all miserable after eating..no room for dessert. I felt so alive and energetic while they were slumped over complaining. Not that I am happy that they were miserable but it felt good not to be like that!
Awesome job staying OP the whole time! I'm giving away all of my treats also! Can't wait until it is all out of the house! I'm pretty focused so its not really tempting me but I'd rather not look at it
Old 12-27-2008, 06:06 PM   #26  
Meiho

S/C/G: 165/134/130

I am soooo frustrated. We had no company and didn't go anyplace over Christmas and I stayed totally on program and I'm just not losing! I go up a pound back a pound up a pound. Grrrrr. If I were cheating I would expect to go up, but I swear, I'm measuring everything, taking the supplements, drinking the water. Any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks and Happy New Year everyne!
Old 12-27-2008, 08:50 PM   #27  
Carrie

MeihoTo quote Meemo..."if you stick to the program...you will lose"...we senior friends ultimately lose a bit slower...due to our age...but, take note that you've already lost 16lbs...and you only have 19lbs to go...I think the last pounds are the hardest. I haven't lost more than a few pounds in the past month...but, I've gone down FOUR pant sizes...go figure... Also...take your measurements...you'll be amazed. Now...my new treat is renting comedies...the laughter relaxes me...makes me a bit nicer...and I dropped a pound doing it. Probably had nothing to do with the weight loss...but it "all" made me feel good...which is the bottom line of all of this...right?
Old 12-28-2008, 12:04 AM   #28  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Great Reward

Just a note to say that skiing was awesome in Vail last week. I posted a new profile photo of me skiing.

Everything is easier... skiing, breathing, turning, fitting in my ski clothes,and even bending over to buckle my boots.

This plan is so worth it.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:44 PM   #29  
Meiho

S/C/G: 165/134/130

Carrie,
Thanks for the encouragement--and this morning I was back on track, down to my lowest weight in many years.
You are right--measurements sometimes tell the story better than the scale. I started out in size 14 pants that were way too tight but refused to buy 16s. Breaking a couple of zippers got me motivated, for sure!
I finally got back into size 12, then they were getting big (no, I guess I was getting smaller!). On December 6, I stopped at an outlet mall and bought two pairs of pants, one size 10 and the same style in size 8. My goal was the get into the 8 by Christmas. I did it, though they were snug. That was a good reminder to stay on program and not eat too much! Wellllll, today, the 8 is comfortable!
So, I guess I'm back on track. I'll miss my goal of 140 by Jan. 1, but should be at 145, so I'm definitely moving in the right direction.
Thanks to everyone for the encouragement. Let's go for it big time!
Old 12-28-2008, 07:17 PM   #30  
Carrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post
Just a note to say that skiing was awesome in Vail last week. I posted a new profile photo of me skiing.

Everything is easier... skiing, breathing, turning, fitting in my ski clothes,and even bending over to buckle my boots.

This plan is so worth it.
Bonnie...look at you!! How fun!!! You look like a pro...I sooooo agree about bending over! Ha!
Closed Thread