Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 04:41 PM   #466  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by missysmom View Post
Hi everyone! My fiance and I did MRC Jan.-May of 07 and both lost around 30 lbs. I kept all of mine off and he only gained 10 or so lbs. We are now back on the "plan" but w/o the center. We ordered our proteins offline and have done great our first week. We still had a ton of left over protein and puddings from before (we stock pilled..lol) so that is what we are trying to use up now. Does anyone know if there have been any advancements or changes since spring of 2007. Wish us luck.

I am only trying to remember what we ate for dinner besides chicken.. Gosh it has gotten old very quickly.
Welcome back! Try buffalo & of course fish for dinner. And have your pork and/or beef a couple of nights a week.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:12 PM   #467  

At the beginning I took quite few supplements, but when they ran out the end of the first month I didn't take them anymore (too many pills). I take what I have taken for years -- a multi-vitamin, MSM (arthritis), calcium, Flax oil, Fish oil, red rice yeast (cholesterol support). I did not notice any difference in how much weight I lost (went on to lose 52# with no supplements -- I have taken the HNS throughout however).

I think the bottom line is --- if you stay on program, you will lose weight (there's no way not to), if you don't, you won't. (just like any other program) It's all about finding the program that works for you -- and MRC happens to be the one I've been able to stick with the longest and see such good results with. If you find a supplement you think helps you, take it. If the money is a concern (like it was for me), try it without and see if you notice a difference.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:08 PM   #468  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocki View Post
Personal Update!!

Hey ladies (and a few guys). Check out my ticker! I WI today and was down another 1.5lbs to 131.5. This got me to the 40lb board! WOOHOO!! I was so excited. My goal is to be in the 120s by next Thursday. Monday would be good, but Thursday at the latest. I still have 125 as a goal for my b-day which is 2 weeks away. So, that's 6.5 lbs in 2 weeks! I know I can do it, but it won't be easy, esp with being in the last 10 lbs to lose range.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.
Congratulations Ms Rocki!!! I'm so happy for you! You can totally get there....
Old 08-03-2008, 06:13 PM   #469  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRiley View Post
Denise I tried the soft taco recipe tonight as well as the salsa, it was most delicious, oh my goodness!!! Highly recommended, the salsa is exactly the same salsa as my favorite mexican resturant serves. I'm super excited about that because now I can have it at home. mmmmm mmmm good
I'm so glad you enjoyed it!!!! It's my favorite recipe, and I love the salsa with it!
Old 08-03-2008, 06:15 PM   #470  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by maintainforlife View Post
Hi Denise,
I grew up in Mission Hills...now I live east of there in Fletcher Hills. It's right between El Cajon and La Mesa! All of my siblings have moved out of state, also. I just can't seem to budge...I love it here...thank goodness DH does too! We do have a tonnnnnnnnnnnn of realitves in Colorado...what a perfect alternative!
Well, if you have to move out of California.... Colorado is a great alternative. But, I agree.... I love California as well. I miss the beach. I miss just sitting there, taking it all in.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:33 PM   #471  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
Just changed my avatar and have my SIL working on a before and after picture to add to my profile. This picture was the day I first tried on those size 8 capris and pranced all around the house, looking in each mirror. My DH thinks I've lost it...my mind , not the weight!
You are so cute!
Old 08-03-2008, 06:36 PM   #472  
Denise

Weighed In on Saturday and was down 3.5 for a total of 124lbs lost....!
Old 08-03-2008, 07:22 PM   #473  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post

Denise you continue to keep on the path--CONGRATS!!!
Old 08-03-2008, 07:23 PM   #474  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 206/187.5/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
True, but it's one of those things that in a pinch, I'd rather have an extra one than make a much worse car snack choice! Like the M&M peanuts that are our usual car snacks! And truthfully, a lot of times I'd only eat half a packet of the crispies at a time to stretch those two packets out.
You are very right about that. I'm planning on bringing a box of them with me on my trip. Once I get to Fairbanks I have a 2 day drive down to Homer. Better to have those to snack on then grab for something else.
Old 08-03-2008, 07:41 PM   #475  

Height: 5'5

Quote:
All I can say is God's Grace, I have no other explanation. The course of those years had me on a roller coaster with my weight, up down up down, eventually ending up 70lbs heavier then when I started the single momma venture. I'm now very happily married to the best man in the world.
DK - I am so happy that you have found happiness, I have sooooo much respect for single moms, for the past year my husband worked nights and now he is at a job where he is gone all week and then back on weekends (This will end once the house sells or rents). I feel so overwhelmed sometimes but there is always an end in sight. I can't imagine knowing it was just me.

Theycallmemom - again total respect, I can barely keep it together with 2
Old 08-03-2008, 07:48 PM   #476  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Quote:
I try to do my broccoli at lunch so I can melt 1 oz of cheese on it. Another option is the McCormick Sea Salt mixtures. I have both the Asian and the Mediterranean Spiced. I heard they were being discontinued, though.
Judy! Holy cow! I'm such a fan of the Mediterranean blend. My grocery lists were filled with spices/seasonings recommended from the great broccoli discussion. I found this at the last stop (I hit three stores), and I tried it first because...this is shallow of me...I liked the cute little tin packaging the best! WOW! I really hope they aren't being discontinued. I might buy the Asian blend next weekend. What do you use it for besides broccoli?

Sadly, I have yet to find the Kirklands Organic No-Salt Seasoning. I'm a little disappointed.

I also made Denise's MRC salsa today. Good stuff! I had it on grilled zucchini at lunch.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #477  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Denise: Way to go, girl! Looks like I'll have to look for your name on that 125 lb board this week!

Judy
Gma to 4
Old 08-03-2008, 08:40 PM   #478  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuck in grad school View Post
Judy! Holy cow! I'm such a fan of the Mediterranean blend. My grocery lists were filled with spices/seasonings recommended from the great broccoli discussion. I found this at the last stop (I hit three stores), and I tried it first because...this is shallow of me...I liked the cute little tin packaging the best! WOW! I really hope they aren't being discontinued. I might buy the Asian blend next weekend. What do you use it for besides broccoli?
SIGS: I use it on chicken and buffalo burgers before I grill them, on tilapia and orange roughy when I bake those and on all types of veggies. I like the Birdseye Steamfresh veggies and it is great on those, especially the green beans.

Judy
Gma to 4
Old 08-03-2008, 08:55 PM   #479  

Quote:
WOW!!!! Way to go
Old 08-03-2008, 09:06 PM   #480  

Denise, Judy, Darren ............ is it something in the water over there in Greeley????????? You guys seriously ROCK!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread