Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 09:05 PM   #76  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Thyroid and Hair Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
Ok I am back from my meeting. I had never been weighed at night. I didn't lose/didn't gain. That is depressing since I cut out a lot of exercise and stayed OP. However more depressing is.....

I told her TOM is here so she said we should do the body comp anyway. My body fat is at 33%.....down from the beginning of the month when they said it was 35%, but still not good enough that I can start stabilization. Still depressing because at the gym and at the health screen I was at 29%.

Thanks to Donuts I have a game plan tho. I will just keep chugging along.

Oh....I also know that my meds for thyroid are way off again because I lost 6 hands full of hair! I was bawling. She told me that I should try MSM to help with hair and skin. What do you all think? I hate the thought of adding any more pills.
I have been worried about my hair too. It really seems to be getting very thin. My scalp is showing near my part on the top front of my head. This morning I mentioned it to my DH and he thought it may be the diet. Then replied that maybe I should get my hair cut. I replied it's probably my thyroid.

Jewelie, do you know which way the thyroid is when you loose hair? I'm due for my physical and blood test soon but would like to be prepared to discuss it intelligently with my doctor.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:09 PM   #77  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post
I have been worried about my hair too. It really seems to be getting very thin. My scalp is showing near my part on the top front of my head. This morning I mentioned it to my DH and he thought it may be the diet. Then replied that maybe I should get my hair cut. I replied it's probably my thyroid.

Jewelie, do you know which way the thyroid is when you loose hair? I'm due for my physical and blood test soon but would like to be prepared to discuss it intelligently with my doctor.
I have been fortunate not to have thyroid problems but I do agree, maybe you ladies should discuss this with your Dr.. I would do that before I took advice from MRC on more pills! They can base opinions off of previous experience with other clients but each of our bodies react to different things differently. Better to be safe! Good luck ladies!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:14 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Gigi View Post
I have been trying to remember what the MRC6 actuall does for us! Hmmm? I did see about the Cider Vinegar but am wondering about the other stuff in the MRC6 (I don't want to add a bunch of other pills for replacement).
MRC6
Vitamin B-6 10mg
Kelp, Lecithin, Apple Cider Vinegar, Blue Green Algae, Bromelain
Gelatin, Magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide
Soy

Just not sure on this one, think next time I call in I am going to ask again what the MRC6 does!

I know what you are talking about, they are comfy! Never had one but used to ride with some friends on occasion! I usually used a 10sp. I grew up in Burbank and use to ride up in the hills a lot! Loved the views when it wasn't smoggy! (Sure don't miss the smog since I left Cali) I would have to see a pic before I could think of a name! Enjoy - my husband and I have been discussing getting some bikes to start rideing! (Of course when I am home, not to often) Job is getting old real fast but need to pay the bills! UGH Wish something else would come through - every time I think I have a prospect, I am on the road! How in the world am I supposed to interview when I am out of town? Sorry, just venting!

Hey, cheer up! Time of day makes a big difference, maintaining is better than gaining - you are doing great!
Ok....if I remember MRC-6 breaks down Glucose (read sugar) so that it isn't kept as fat. This is why it will affect fat and help you lose inches. I believe they told me it was liposuction in a bottle.

The NOW Vingar Cider has b-6 (7mg), chromium, Apple Cider Vinegar, Soy Lecithin, glucomannan fiber, Kelp and Grapefruit fiber. It has Gelatin and Magnesium stearate in the other ingredients list. I think the only thing missing is the Blue Green Algae.

I'm guessing that this is why I don't see a difference in the 2 products. They are not very different

Last edited by jeweliek; 04-23-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:20 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post

I got this from about.com
Many people notice rapid hair loss as a symptom of their hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism. When the body is in crisis, the hair cells can shut down to redirect energy elsewhere. The types of situations that can cause hair loss include hormonal changes, poor diet and nutritional deficiencies, a variety of medications, surgery, and many medical conditions, but noticeably, thyroid disease.

I know that I have had hair loss before with hypothyroid. If I remember right your numbers were much higher than mine. I would just tell the doctor that you have changed your diet and would love to have your thyroid tested. Then discuss symptoms that prompted the request. I would bring in your food diary. This is what my doctor asked me to do when I called.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:23 PM   #80  

Quote:
I have been fortunate not to have thyroid problems but I do agree, maybe you ladies should discuss this with your Dr.. I would do that before I took advice from MRC on more pills! They can base opinions off of previous experience with other clients but each of our bodies react to different things differently. Better to be safe! Good luck ladies!
As you can see....I have lots of hair. I probably would benefit from losing some, but....it is so hard to see.

I have a doc's appointment. I called her this morning after my bawl. First I called a sister who told me if I didn't make an appointment she would.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:27 PM   #81  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

OK, all of my MRC onliner's, I have a great NSV to share with you all....
I got on my home scale today and am sitting at 190, haven't gotten to official wi, but will try to go in the AM, but that isn't the the NSV....
I was saying to my DH, that I couldn't wait for him to be able to pick me up and carry me (like the threshold carry when you get married-he couldn't do that when I was 275 pds), well he said to me, I can pick you up just fine now. Since becoming overweight, I have never let anyone even attempt to pick me up, but he said no problem. Well there in the middle of our kitchen after we ate dinner, kiddos were still lingering around, he scooped me up and was carrying me around the kitchen (threshold style ) The kids loved to see dad doing that, and I was amazed, and glowing that I was "light" enough to be carried around.
I just had to share that with you all. Some of these NSV's are becoming more encouraging than the number on the scale. It makes me feel like I really changed my life, so much for the better. But I am jones'ing to sign the 85 pound board at next wi.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 04-23-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:35 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
I was saying to my DH, that I couldn't wait for him to be able to pick me up and carry me (like the threshold carry when you get married-he couldn't do that when I was 275 pds), well he said to me, I can pick you up just fine now. Since becoming overweight, I have never let anyone even attempt to pick me up, but he said no problem. Well there in the middle of our kitchen after we ate dinner, kiddos were still lingering around, he scooped me up and was carrying me around the kitchen (threshold style ) The kids loved to see dad doing that, and I was amazed, and glowing that I was "light" enough to be carried around.
I just had to share that with you all. Some of these NSV's are becoming more encouraging than the number on the scale. It makes me feel like I really changed my life, so much for the better. But I am jones'ing to sign the 85 pound board at next wi.
Oh....I love these type of accomplishments. You are great! My husband used to carry me around piggy back pre kids. He gave me a piggy back ride about a week ago. I was giddy, just as I bet you were!!!

What a positive thing for your kids to see too.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:39 PM   #83  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Ok, you're going to laugh at me but I was raised in California and we grew up riding "beach cruisers". Do you know what those are? They have the big comfy seats, and big fat wheels, and are made for easy riding on the beach.... Anyway, I said when I lost weight I was getting one. A couple of weeks ago, I found one at a garage sale and bought it. It's crazy old school! It's white, with white wall wheels, and pink detail. I love it. I'll post the pic in a minute. I have to name it now! Any suggestions, let me know! They are selling them in the stores too but mine was a lot cheaper!
Way to go with the bike! I grew up in Torrance and spent the summers riding bikes on the strand in Hermosa and Redondo Beach. I'm not sure where you are from in Colorado, but we have some great trails that are pretty easy rides. I asked my DH to get my bike down from the rafters so I can start riding it. It's probably been 6-7 years since I've been on it. I can't wait to see the picture.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:49 PM   #84  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
OK, all of my MRC onliner's, I have a great NSV to share with you all....
I got on my home scale today and am sitting at 190, haven't gotten to official wi, but will try to go in the AM, but that isn't the the NSV....
Your DH sounds like a sweetie, and what a great way to confirm your great progress, plus it's a great example for your kids. Keep up your positive attitude.

OMG! I just figured out how to respond to a message with the damn quote stuff, plus found all the extra emoticons. I may be the computer illiterate on the board, but I just keep plugging away. Hope it does get to the point that all of you ask me to "tone it down"!

I should be pretty close to getting my ticker (30 days online and almost 30 posts). Next I'll have to ask how y'all put the neat messages below the tickers.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:14 PM   #85  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirl View Post
It went great! Thanks for asking. She said she wanted to hire me. It's a matter of putting me in the right position. There are a couple of options at 2 different locations (Ambulatory surgical center).
I must admit, my clothes fit so much better. The 13 lbs I have lost really contributed to my self confidence today. I know that losing weight is hard. One of the reasons that I want to lose weight is because of how the extra weight affects my self esteem. I feel insignificant and insecure when I am heavy. I hate that I feel that way! When I feel like that, it affects my children and husband too. So...to make a long story short, I am starting to feel a little lighter and a little brighter! Tomorrow I will probably feel fat again, but today is good. I have learned to take what I can get!
Glad your interview went well - hope you have more & more of the "lighter & brighter" days! Spring & summer always help me - I'm not a cold-weather kinda gal. Guess maybe I feel lighter when my clothes are lighter.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:15 PM   #86  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
Sometimes we need a little slap on the hand. I got a real life one on Sunday when I was at dinner with my friends (eating on plan, mind you). I admitted to a slip I had earlier that day at lunch and my friend's husband said, "Give me your hand". I did and he literally slapped the top of it (not hard). It's like when your kids reach for something they aren't supposed to. Sometimes that slap on the hand, even if it's a mental one, can help. I know that I have definitely done way better about sticking to plan since.

Okay, here is my hand, please slap it! I went to wi today. I usually go toward the end of the week, but because I will be leaving town tomorrow, I had to go today. And, wouldn't you know it, I am UP a pound and a half. Which puts me 3 pounds away from the 30 pound board. Darn it! I know that is my own fault-I have fallen prey to the BLT's. I tell myself, "Oh, that one bite of mac&cheese won't hurt." Which it might not, if it was only one bite!

So guys, I really need a lot of encouragement. I want to get back OP in a serious way. NO more slips, bites, tastes, spoonfuls, etc. HELP!
Old 04-23-2008, 10:20 PM   #87  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
I know you and Meemo (and many others here, sorry don't remember everyone at the moment) have been through it all and I know neither one of you is perfect and have had moments like mine. I need to listen more often.
Dang. My secret is out. And I was so hoping to maintain an aura of perfection...

Maybe in my next life...
Old 04-23-2008, 10:27 PM   #88  
Em

Quote:
I have been trying to remember what the MRC6 actuall does for us! Hmmm? I did see about the Cider Vinegar but am wondering about the other stuff in the MRC6 (I don't want to add a bunch of other pills for replacement).
MRC6
Vitamin B-6 10mg
Kelp, Lecithin, Apple Cider Vinegar, Blue Green Algae, Bromelain
Gelatin, Magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide
Soy

Just not sure on this one, think next time I call in I am going to ask again what the MRC6 does!
They call it "liposuction in a bottle" (I think I managed not to roll my eyes at that one). It's supposed to help with fat metabolism, I think, or with getting the fat to "leave" your body.

Gosh, where's Sam when you need her - she had a great description of a lot of the supplements & what they do.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:30 PM   #89  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
Ok I am back from my meeting. I had never been weighed at night. I didn't lose/didn't gain. That is depressing since I cut out a lot of exercise and stayed OP. However more depressing is.....
Well, here's the bright side - if you'd weighed in at your normal time, you'd most likely have lost a lb or 2 - time of day DOES make a difference.

I take the MSM, more for joint help than skin & hair. I know what you mean about pills, but I don't much mind taking the vitamins & minerals & you can find it inexpensively.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:52 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
Your DH sounds like a sweetie, and what a great way to confirm your great progress, plus it's a great example for your kids. Keep up your positive attitude.

OMG! I just figured out how to respond to a message with the damn quote stuff, plus found all the extra emoticons. I may be the computer illiterate on the board, but I just keep plugging away. Hope it does get to the point that all of you ask me to "tone it down"!

I should be pretty close to getting my ticker (30 days online and almost 30 posts). Next I'll have to ask how y'all put the neat messages below the tickers.
LOL I am a computer programmer and I had trouble getting my ticker set up. So don't worry, You are doing just fine. I love all the emoticons.
Closed Thread