Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 12:08 PM   #136  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Ok, I had a horrible time last night trying to post the before and after pics and they are kind of small, but they are in there under my profile. The first group is at 354lbs, then the second group is at 70lbs lost, the third group is at 90lbs lost. I also posted my "avatar pic" now.
You look fantastic! You are such an inspiration--and I love your profile pic
Old 04-24-2008, 12:11 PM   #137  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
I officially signed the 85 pound board this morning! I lost 3 pounds since Saturday, that felt awesome!
Exsquisit...I am the only name on the 85 pound board, in case you are checking out the boards. My last few boards that I will be signing are in the back classroom area....I can't wait!
WOW!! Congrats!
Old 04-24-2008, 12:16 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
Rocki...don't get discouraged, us long timers know how it feels to be on a plataeu, and have struggles with food. When you have your mind set on a goal, you will be able to pull yourself through this. Stay positive, and keep truckin' on! You can do it.

For those of you having problems with BLT's, and eating off plan foods.... I have a few suggestions if you want them...
I have 2 young boys in the house, and a DH who eats everything in sight (and never gains an ounce!), so you know I have to have a house full of food for the growing boys, and the stomach that has no end hubby! I made my hubby put all the junky food in a very high cabinet (he is 6 ft, I need a step stool to get up in the high cabinets), if the kiddos want something from that cupboard, they have to ask dad, if dad isn't home, they have to wait until he is. I don't touch that cupboard! At first it was difficult for them, but after a few weeks, they learned not to even ask me! The only accessible food for them is fruit, veggies, crackers, and drinks. So, those are pretty safe foods for me. For dinner, I make all of our dinners at the same time, and of course the kiddos generally eat something different than me (they are on grilled hot dog and hamburger kicks right now), but we all still sit down at the same time. I find that if I feed them at different time, I am more apt to nibble on their food. When I have to make cupcakes/treats for the kids or social gathering, I make sure that I immediatly throw the batter bowls/frostings/junk in the sink and run soapy water all over the bowls/spoons. Once I am done making the treats. I make sure I package everything up in the container of choice, and it goes either in the fridge or in a cabinet until it is time to be taken to the event. I find that I am less tempted if I can't see the food.
Hope some of my ideas help you all. Keep it up, you will find what works for you.
I used to have this mindset, that all food must be eaten, you can't possibly throw it away! My mind has changed on that, I do not have to be the garbage disposal for all food that was uneaten. Once I learned to change that idea in my head, it became much easier for me to scrape bowls and plates into the trash instead of into my stomach!
What really good ideas? Thanks.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:17 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

OK ladies....this has nothing to do with diet, but I am freaking out. I lost my wedding ring! I had it last night after my walk with DH, but today I looked down and it is gone. I have searched everywhere. I knew it was too big now. I just wanted to wait until goal to get it resized. I took apart our bed hoping that I would find it there, but....now I am freaking out.

I told DH and he tried to calm me down and tell me we will look all over tonight until we find it, but.....
Old 04-24-2008, 12:18 PM   #140  

Goal 4 Life - the 85 pound board! how awesome! I am so happy for you. Congrats.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:21 PM   #141  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
OK ladies....this has nothing to do with diet, but I am freaking out. I lost my wedding ring! I had it last night after my walk with DH, but today I looked down and it is gone. I have searched everywhere. I knew it was too big now. I just wanted to wait until goal to get it resized. I took apart our bed hoping that I would find it there, but....now I am freaking out.

I told DH and he tried to calm me down and tell me we will look all over tonight until we find it, but.....
Oh no! Did you retrace your steps yet?
Old 04-24-2008, 12:21 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Quote:

If you had it last night and not gone anywhere today. Just relax it has to be in your house. If you don't stress too much, it should turn up. I am Catholic and with 8 sisters maybe you are Try saying a prayer to Saint Anthony. The patron saint of lost things. I hope you find it.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:24 PM   #143  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
You look fantastic! You are such an inspiration--and I love your profile pic
Oh, thank you! You are so sweet! You know what? I hardly ever wear glasses.... I have perfect vision actually but I wear them when I get "eye strain" or I want to appear smarter than I really am! That day, was one of those smart days!
Old 04-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #144  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
If you had it last night and not gone anywhere today. Just relax it has to be in your house. If you don't stress too much, it should turn up. I am Catholic and with 8 sisters maybe you are Try saying a prayer to Saint Anthony. The patron saint of lost things. I hope you find it.
Shoot.... I think we best all say a pray to Saint Anthony for you to assist in finding that ring!
Old 04-24-2008, 12:28 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 162/151/135

Height: 5'6

Does anyone have the list of foods that you can eat 'out'? I remember when I first started at MRC (years ago) they gave me a list of foods to eat out - maybe I got it when I hit stabilization... I can't remember. I do remember however, there was a Sonic Chicken Sandwich without the bread and the Chili's Caribbean Salad sans dressing on the list.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:30 PM   #146  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Jewelie..I hope you find your ring. How upsetting. Thanks for the sizing info.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:33 PM   #147  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Default Holding Me Accountable

Okay, here are my food choices for the day.

Breakfast..Oatmeal and cheese
water, decaf & HNS

Lunch..canteloupe, salad (just lettuce & cukes, that's all I had w/spray dressing) and 2 pcs of turkey sausage (I didn't have much meat to choose from and it was 4.6gr of fat, so I think it's okay).
water & HNS

Dinner..Any suggestions? I have some bison/taco meat I can thaw or I can just grill a chicken breast.

I just wanted to check in and tell you all I'm being good. I hope everyone else is too!
Old 04-24-2008, 12:34 PM   #148  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aszimmer1 View Post
Wow has this group grown. I have been MIA for a while. I am so happy to see so many new folks here. Losingweightnow WOW you are doing Great!

I had taken a break (too long) from MRC and felt like yuck the whole time. But I remembered how good I felt here and came back. Disappointed in my set back but ready to go forward and finish this journey.
Welcome Back!! Don't be disappointed, congratulat yourself on making the step back in the right direction.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 04-24-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:37 PM   #149  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Have your kids make a game of it, kids find anything when there is a surprise at stake...maybe have a reward for whoever finds it. It will turn up, I can't wear my wedding ring anymore, my hubby bought me a fake CZ one that came with a basic band, until I get goal, and we will resize my real ring. I almost lost mine out the window of my car one time about 2 months ago!! If you know you haven't left the house, you should be able to find it. This might be just the time to rearrange those rooms you are getting bored with LOL

Last edited by Goal4Life; 04-24-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:42 PM   #150  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingARMom View Post
I work from home so I haven't gone anywhere thank God! I tore the bed apart and went thru the garbage as I had eggs for breakfast and thru the shells out. Now I guess all I can do is wait and pray. I am so allergic to metal that it is the ONLY piece of jewelry that I own. It's platinum and I know that I cannot afford to replace it! Not that you can replace a wedding ring.

Anyway, I am not catholic, but religious. My parents grew up on farms in small town ND. You get board and have blizzard babies LOL. Both of mine are blizzard babies too! When you are stranded on a farm you freeze milk, play alot of board games and cards and get mischievious! LOL

I have 8 sisters and a brother.
Closed Thread