Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 06:31 PM   #61  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by namaste View Post
Ok, here I go.....

I am having some issue with pictures. I really really want to post mine here and I will, tonight. Here is what I'd like to discuss. I have my before pictures from MRC. I have a picture taken at 70lbs lost, and I had my husband take one last night at 90lbs lost. I am feeling good, when I look at myself I feel like "yeah, I'm doing this" BUT then... I look at the picture and I don't see the difference. I'm really bothered by this. Come on, 90lbs! I should see a big difference, but when I look at those pictures I just feel so HUGE still. And, I'm not living in some fantasy land. I know I have some way to go, and I'm feeling really positive about it. Don't get me wrong, I don't want anyone to think I'm sitting here, having a pity party or crying in my soup or anything... I'm just totally bothered! What is everyone's thoughts. When you look in pictures, do you still see the old person still?
I do the same thing. My body image is distorted. I think I look the same. Even tho my jeans fell down at work yesterday & my unders were hanging out!!! LOL Thank God for my longer work shirts! Please post your pics. I guarantee we will see the difference. In time you will also.

Quote:
I think the phentraslim was around $50 or $60 and it was a nice change. I actually hope they start carrying it in the center.
I wonder if it is similar to Phenteramine? I use to take that. There were days I would actually forget to eat, it worked but I gained back what I lost.

Last edited by blueyedangel; 04-23-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:32 PM   #62  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

WorkingARmom - Hang in there... I'm sorry you're having a tough time right now. It will get better. I promise.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:08 PM   #63  
Deanna

S/C/G: 190.5/170.5/150

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Redgirl how did the interview go?

Thank You donuts

Ewww we are having yucky weather today, there is a tornado warning in Gaines county and thats where my husband is driving through in his big rig. He already went through golf ball size hail. Im always nervous this time of year.
It went great! Thanks for asking. She said she wanted to hire me. It's a matter of putting me in the right position. There are a couple of options at 2 different locations (Ambulatory surgical center).
I must admit, my clothes fit so much better. The 13 lbs I have lost really contributed to my self confidence today. I know that losing weight is hard. One of the reasons that I want to lose weight is because of how the extra weight affects my self esteem. I feel insignificant and insecure when I am heavy. I hate that I feel that way! When I feel like that, it affects my children and husband too. So...to make a long story short, I am starting to feel a little lighter and a little brighter! Tomorrow I will probably feel fat again, but today is good. I have learned to take what I can get!
Old 04-23-2008, 07:08 PM   #64  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Smile WOW! Catch up time, just since last night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by losingweightnow View Post
Hi Everyone!!!...
Thanks for starting the new thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Ms Gigi
When I weigh at noon I am always about 2 lbs higher than if I weigh at around 5:30 pm seems backwards but just goes to show our bodies do different thing through out the day. So I would mentally not count that pound until you can have a same time of day weight to compare it to.
Thanks for the pick me upper! It's something how our body works! Go figure - hopefully mentally I can get on track now, I will be here in WA until end of next month so should be able to get some consistancy!

Hey sorry to hear about your morning but I do have to admit, I am LOL! When home, I often do the same and have wondered when my luck will come through and I will too get caught in a situation much the same! Hope the rest of your day went well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Gigi:

Just saw your dilemma on the last thread - here's how I've been making my own HNS.

8 oz (or so) of Crystal Light - if you prefer Splenda over aspartame get the pre-mixed Crystal Light. Whatever flavor you like. I also found that Diet Ocean Spray cranberry juice is good.

plain unflavored whey protein powder - GNC has it, last time I bought it (couple of weeks ago) it was on sale for about $12 for a 1 lb pouch

egg whites - you can get them in the egg section in cartons, pasteurized plain egg whites (or you can use whole eggs & pitch the yolks, just be really careful of the shells)

Tricky part is the measuring of the whey protein - at first I used all whey protein but it made it a little too "creamy" for my taste. Okay but not great. Then I hit on the idea of using the egg white for half the protein & whey protein for half. Tastes a lot lighter this way. And has a little less fat & calories. A clear HNS is about 12 g of protein. So you have to check how much protein is in a scoop of the protein you get - the GNC protein came out to be about 2/3 of a scoop for 12 g of protein. Now that I'm using the egg whites I do 1/3 of a scoop of the whey protein & about 1/4 cup of egg whites. That comes to about 12 g of protein & 60 calories.

So:
8 oz of Crystal Light (or sugar-free KoolAid or whatever)
12 g worth of protein from unflavored whey protein and/or egg whites
Shake it up good & enjoy.

Now I see no reason why you couldn't also use 12 g of protein worth of plain old egg whites, I've done that a couple of times recently for breakfast - scrambled an egg or 2 with 2 extra egg whites. There's really nothing much nutritionally significant in the clear HNS I have aside from the protein. And I need to go back & find Jewelie's recipe for the meringue cookies - that would be a most awesome way to get in an "HNS"!

One more thing - you can make a breakfast or lunch smoothie by adding your allotment of cottage cheese & putting it in a blender - you could add fruit to it for lunch plus a veggie/salad, or for breakfast add a piece of toast or cinnamon toast or whatever bread thing you'd like. You could use cold decaf coffee & sugar-free Davinci chocolate syrup in place of the Crystal Light for a mocha flavor. Hmmm, that one just came to me, that might be my breakfast tomorrow (I should say this morning since once again I'm wide awake way too late....)

Hope this helps get you through until Wednesday, Gigi! Sorry for all the "thinking out loud"!!!
Think out loud all you need! I always enjoy reading everyones opinions/view/and comments! This will be a real big help! I have been so worried how my next wi was going to turn out without all the extra little perks! Man do they take a long time to ship when ordering on line! Will have to plan better now that I know! Last time I ordered from MRC and it arrived the next day (was expecting the same)! Just gets to expensive though! I see a trip to the commissary coming on this evening! I was trying to offset the protein and time frame for eating! Had 1 oz of cheese for breakfast and saved other oz to eat between breakfast and lunch to keep my body from slowing metabolism! If it works ??? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirl View Post
I have a job interview today. I am nervous. I don't think I interview well! I ramble and talk too much about stuff I shouldn't because of the nerves! Wish me well! I hope you have a better OP day. Email me your thoughts about Friday for lunch!
I don't think anything could be any worse than my last interview! I was a shoe in for the job, new they were going to pick me up before I even went in but to say the least, my nerves got the best of me! Long story short, the life change got the best of me and in addition to my nerves! I knew one of the guys interviewing me and he had put in high regards for me! I was meeting the gentleman leading the team! We were in a building under renovations, no air and it was hot! We began talking and the sweat began to roll! I had to have looked a mess sitting there in my suit! The poor guy interviewing me, he kept apologizing for the conditions in the building and asking me if I was ok and to relax! He told me to go ahead and get compfortable and that I could take off my blazer if I liked. He told Ed (the guy I knew) to open the door so some air could circulate and had a fan set at the end of the hall to blow some cool air! OMG Well all I could do was sit there and hope that this would be over soon but he was long winded! Ed had to walk me back to the other lobby to turn in my badge and sign out! He walked me out to the car chatting - we had worked together previously and he knew me pretty well, we had to have a laugh. He built up the courage and asked me why I was sweating soo bad! What could I say! He tried to be kind and said not to worry that I did fine!

So that being said, I hope your interview went well and all had a good laugh over my story! I sat in the room during the winter season, having my own private summer and left behind a pool!
Old 04-23-2008, 07:50 PM   #65  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

I was seriously thinking of asking about Pre-Conditioning. I think that might work. I'm just SO out of it, it would help to start slowly and ease into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
Sheldon - Yay on that 5 lbs! That is awesome for the first week. Keep up the great work!

crested - And woohoo to you on the 1.5. Gotta love seeing those numbers go down.

Rocki - You poor thing. Believe me when I tell you I know how you feel. I won't repeat the "don't think it was meant that way" comments but will second them. Back to knowing how you feel... It's so hard to come on here and see everyone doing great on plan knowing that you have been screwing up and are having a hard time getting back on track. Please don't feel like you can't post about the mess ups because honestly, the accountability helps. Even if you're just being accountable to us/the center/yourself. Sometimes we need a little slap on the hand. I got a real life one on Sunday when I was at dinner with my friends (eating on plan, mind you). I admitted to a slip I had earlier that day at lunch and my friend's husband said, "Give me your hand". I did and he literally slapped the top of it (not hard). It's like when your kids reach for something they aren't supposed to. Sometimes that slap on the hand, even if it's a mental one, can help. I know that I have definitely done way better about sticking to plan since.

When it comes to cravings, they can be/are the WORST. And I'll be honest, they feel even worse after being on plan and slipping than they did the first couple of weeks! Even the slightest slip for me seems to send me into a downward spiral of wanting more, more, more. Some people can allow themselves the odd cheat here and there with no problems but some of us just can't (and I'm one of the "can't").

Just try your best to get back on track. Take it small. Go back to preconditioning if that's what you need to do and start slowly. I really don't think they would have a problem with you doing that if it would help you get back on track.

You can do this Rocki. And please, don't ever hesitate or feel like you can't come here for support. (Have you started a blog? Might want to think about it. I know it really helps me out a lot, especially here lately.)

namaste - POST 'EM woman! I've only lost 37 lbs (since Jan, some without MRC) and while I've started getting a zillion comments, I still don't see it. I've gone a size in clothes and I still don't see it. I've taken pictures recently and people have said how great I looked but I always write it off as great camera angles (it's all about the tilt of your chin and the camera being slightly elevated). I look in the mirror and because I still have SOOOOO far to go, I don't see it yet. But whatever you do, please keep that attitude you have regarding your "freedom" and don't let that self image keep you from enjoying that bike time with your son. Just remember that while you still have a ways to go, you've come incredibly far and 90 lbs ago probably wouldn't even have felt like riding that bike at all!

alexiah - Welcome back!

Well... My weigh in didn't go as expected. I was so excited when I walked in because at home this morning, I was at 309.8 and really thought I had lost that .5 I needed to sign the board. Unfortunately, I ended up being UP 1 lb so now I'm 1.5 away from that ever allusive 30 lb board. I even told them when I walked in to get the Sharpie and the camera ready because I was signing that sucker today. Totally burst my bubble, that's for sure.

I sat down and talked with my counselor for a while (she's also the center manager) and she gave me the "what-for and how-come" on my gain. And she kicked my *** a little about sticking to plan. She actually said, "You know when this all started... Vegas". And she was totally right. I've been struggling with every single pound since I got back. Vegas. Austin. Camping... All right in a row. And I've used each one as an excuse for going off plan for "just one meal".

I'm busting that pattern and I am back hardcore and with a vengeance! I'm working on 3 full days of being completely on plan. Those cravings WILL stop and I WILL stop effing up and making them come back!!!

I'm sorry this was so long guys... If I'm this bad on "paper", just imagine how badly I'd talk all your ears off in person!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 07:58 PM   #66  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

I know you said no need to respond, but since you said that I feel like I must . I honestly didn't see the "WINK" at the end of your post the first time I read it. And seriously, I think your sense of humor is a lot like mine and it gets me in trouble ALL the time (just ask MY DH! ).

Thank you for the verbal "slap" and I APOLOGIZE for my snippy comment, but I was feeling hurt at the moment and just let my fingers fly over the keys!

I know you and Meemo (and many others here, sorry don't remember everyone at the moment) have been through it all and I know neither one of you is perfect and have had moments like mine. I need to listen more often.

I'm going to my center tomorrow for a real HEART TO HEART. I need to get back on track.

Thank you (and everyone) again for your help as I know that's what you're trying to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoredonuts4me View Post
rockijames~ I am sooo sorry my comments upset you. I never intended to kick you while you're down. After reading your post, I realized what I said could hurt you. My sense of humor gets me in trouble from time to time. Just ask my DW. I will definitely watch what I post in the future. Again, I apologize. No need to respond.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:09 PM   #67  
Jeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Thank you. That's what I was looking for. I know the MRC stuff is $75 or $99 (can't remember). How many pills do you take? I was taking 2 @ breakfast and 2 @ lunch.
My center has me taking the MRC6- 2 at each meal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheldon07 View Post
I had my pre-conditioning WI today and I am down 5 pounds over the last week. I feel like it's a great start and am really excited to officially get started on Friday!
CONGRATS, way to go and an excellent start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Hi everyone i think i posted on the old thread so i thought i would check in here. iIt has been a long while since i have posted on here due to not having a computer, Boy have i missed out on alot!! Well i did get my computer fixed yeaterday so here i am ! I restarted program due to surgery on 03/08/08 and have not done well on plan (Made wrong choices) But i am back on since monday and have a wi on sat i hope that turns out well , in the mean time i hope to meet all the newbies and i am gonna try and post daily..Its good to be back!
Welcome back, hope all is going well after your surgery! Sending some , good luck with wi! Just keep your eye on your ultimate goal!

Quote:
I'm sorry this was so long guys... If I'm this bad on "paper", just imagine how badly I'd talk all your ears off in person!!!
Chat away, I always enjoy reading your posts! Ditto on your views! I know sometimes I need that slap on the hand or that reminder! You guys are soo lucky to have the center as support! It gets pretty tough at times and I need to keep up that will power! The big picture is the end result mentally/physicall and health wise! This site has been outstanding support! Hey woman: all happens for a reason, your body is going through changes - that 30 lb board will be yours before you know it! Keep your head up and be proud of your accomplishment/success!

Rocki:Sorry to hear you are down right now! We all go through the tough times. Hold your head up high and look at your goals, what you will gain from your efforts now!

namaste:Girl post em! 90 #'s, that is an amazing accomplishment, you should be so proud!
Old 04-23-2008, 08:13 PM   #68  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

I'm going to my center tomorrow for a real HEART TO HEART. I need to get back on track.

That sounds like a really good plan. Look at you--you are halfway to your goal! You've already accomplished so much. Do what you need to do to get back on track with it all.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:19 PM   #69  
Jeannie

Quote:
It went great!
Great to hear about your interview!

Quote:
I was seriously thinking of asking about Pre-Conditioning. I think that might work. I'm just SO out of it, it would help to start slowly and ease into it.
Pre-Conditioning sounds like it would be a good step in the right direction! Try and work yourself back in slowly so it is not overwhelming! Stay focused on your goals! You will do great, you can do this! You are just going through a rough patch right now! The first step is in the knowing and then overcoming!
Old 04-23-2008, 08:26 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Well... My weigh in didn't go as expected. I was so excited when I walked in because at home this morning, I was at 309.8 and really thought I had lost that .5 I needed to sign the board. Unfortunately, I ended up being UP 1 lb so now I'm 1.5 away from that ever allusive 30 lb board. I even told them when I walked in to get the Sharpie and the camera ready because I was signing that sucker today. Totally burst my bubble, that's for sure.

I sat down and talked with my counselor for a while (she's also the center manager) and she gave me the "what-for and how-come" on my gain. And she kicked my *** a little about sticking to plan. She actually said, "You know when this all started... Vegas". And she was totally right. I've been struggling with every single pound since I got back. Vegas. Austin. Camping... All right in a row. And I've used each one as an excuse for going off plan for "just one meal".

I'm busting that pattern and I am back hardcore and with a vengeance! I'm working on 3 full days of being completely on plan. Those cravings WILL stop and I WILL stop effing up and making them come back!!!

Good for you....that 30# board will be yours. I know it!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 08:32 PM   #71  

Quote:
It went great! Thanks for asking. She said she wanted to hire me. It's a matter of putting me in the right position. There are a couple of options at 2 different locations (Ambulatory surgical center).
I must admit, my clothes fit so much better. The 13 lbs I have lost really contributed to my self confidence today. I know that losing weight is hard. One of the reasons that I want to lose weight is because of how the extra weight affects my self esteem. I feel insignificant and insecure when I am heavy. I hate that I feel that way! When I feel like that, it affects my children and husband too. So...to make a long story short, I am starting to feel a little lighter and a little brighter! Tomorrow I will probably feel fat again, but today is good. I have learned to take what I can get!
Congrats on the job!!!!

It is amazing how losing weight affects everything in your life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Gigi View Post
My center has me taking the MRC6- 2 at each meal!
I do too, but did you see the post from JEN. I went and bought the Cider Vinegar NOW pills at Vitamin Cottage that she suggested. They were $11 for 180. I have been taking them for about a week and I think they work great. I don't see any difference between them and the MRC-6. You may want to look for them.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:35 PM   #72  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
LOL! Unfortunately, no underwire. I tried to blame it on the shirt but she wasn't buyin' it and wouldn't even let me be a scale stripper.

Next weigh in is on Friday and she says it's (that stupid board) is mine then. I told her I wasn't sure and maybe I could come in on Saturday morning but she said no, Friday. And I would make it. (Uh, great... Let's add some MORE pressure to me to make that board) Ha!

I'm looking into getting a bike with my "economic stimulus" check. Been checking out the Electa's. I have a coworker who is going to go bike shopping with me. He's a pretty hardcore biker and is a "former fatty" so I totally trust his opinion. I want something simple, like a Townie with 3-7 speeds and a BIG ol' comfy seat. What kind do you have?
Ok, you're going to laugh at me but I was raised in California and we grew up riding "beach cruisers". Do you know what those are? They have the big comfy seats, and big fat wheels, and are made for easy riding on the beach.... Anyway, I said when I lost weight I was getting one. A couple of weeks ago, I found one at a garage sale and bought it. It's crazy old school! It's white, with white wall wheels, and pink detail. I love it. I'll post the pic in a minute. I have to name it now! Any suggestions, let me know! They are selling them in the stores too but mine was a lot cheaper!

Last edited by namaste; 04-23-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:42 PM   #73  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
[COLOR="Indigo"]I wonder if it is similar to Phenteramine? I use to take that. There were days I would actually forget to eat, it worked but I gained back what I lost.
I think I know what you are referencing... that was a prescribed medication right? This is just herbal.

It has Chromium, Hoodia, Forslean Root, Green Tea Leaf, Banaba, and Vanadium.

It does totally control your appetite and give you a ton of energy though.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:44 PM   #74  

Ok I am back from my meeting. I had never been weighed at night. I didn't lose/didn't gain. That is depressing since I cut out a lot of exercise and stayed OP. However more depressing is.....

I told her TOM is here so she said we should do the body comp anyway. My body fat is at 33%.....down from the beginning of the month when they said it was 35%, but still not good enough that I can start stabilization. Still depressing because at the gym and at the health screen I was at 29%.

Thanks to Donuts I have a game plan tho. I will just keep chugging along.

Oh....I also know that my meds for thyroid are way off again because I lost 6 hands full of hair! I was bawling. She told me that I should try MSM to help with hair and skin. What do you all think? I hate the thought of adding any more pills.

Last edited by jeweliek; 04-23-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:02 PM   #75  
Jeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
I do too, but did you see the post from JEN. I went and bought the Cider Vinegar NOW pills at Vitamin Cottage that she suggested. They were $11 for 180. I have been taking them for about a week and I think they work great. I don't see any difference between them and the MRC-6. You may want to look for them.
I have been trying to remember what the MRC6 actuall does for us! Hmmm? I did see about the Cider Vinegar but am wondering about the other stuff in the MRC6 (I don't want to add a bunch of other pills for replacement).
MRC6
Vitamin B-6 10mg
Kelp, Lecithin, Apple Cider Vinegar, Blue Green Algae, Bromelain
Gelatin, Magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide
Soy

Just not sure on this one, think next time I call in I am going to ask again what the MRC6 does!

Quote:
Ok, you're going to laugh at me but I was raised in California and we grew up riding "beach cruisers". Do you know what those are? They have the big comfy seats, and big fat wheels, and are made for easy riding on the beach.... Anyway, I said when I lost weight I was getting one. A couple of weeks ago, I found one at a garage sale and bought it. It's crazy old school! It's white, with white wall wheels, and pink detail. I love it. I'll post the pic in a minute. I have to name it now! Any suggestions, let me know! They are selling them in the stores too but mine was a lot cheaper!
I know what you are talking about, they are comfy! Never had one but used to ride with some friends on occasion! I usually used a 10sp. I grew up in Burbank and use to ride up in the hills a lot! Loved the views when it wasn't smoggy! (Sure don't miss the smog since I left Cali) I would have to see a pic before I could think of a name! Enjoy - my husband and I have been discussing getting some bikes to start rideing! (Of course when I am home, not to often) Job is getting old real fast but need to pay the bills! UGH Wish something else would come through - every time I think I have a prospect, I am on the road! How in the world am I supposed to interview when I am out of town? Sorry, just venting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
Ok I am back from my meeting. I had never been weighed at night. I didn't lose/didn't gain. That is depressing since I cut out a lot of exercise and stayed OP. However more depressing is.....

I told her TOM is here so she said we should do the body comp anyway. My body fat is at 33%.....down from the beginning of the month when they said it was 35%, but still not good enough that I can start stabilization. Still depressing because at the gym and at the health screen I was at 29%.

Thanks to Donuts I have a game plan tho. I will just keep chugging along.

Oh....I also know that my meds for thyroid are way off again because I lost 6 hands full of hair! I was bawling. She told me that I should try MSM to help with hair and skin. What do you all think? I hate the thought of adding any more pills.
Hey, cheer up! Time of day makes a big difference, maintaining is better than gaining - you are doing great!
Closed Thread