Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 10:07 AM   #121  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Gigi View Post
namaste:You are beautiful! You can definatly tell the difference! You have got to be so proud of yourself! Love your avatar, good to see you with your beutiful smile!
Thank you! You are so sweet!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:17 AM   #122  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Namaste...I am sooo glad you posted your pictures...YES you can totally tell, honey 90 lbs is 180 fistfuls of fat gone!!! You should be loving how your body feels, and how your changing for the positive. Your mind will catch up with your body. It does take time, I have my moments at times to! I love that I have a face to a name now, we both started MRC around the same time. I do think pictures are worth 1000 words, if you keep a collage of pictures of your progress, you will be able to really "see" your changes as they happen. Look at the collage often, to keep reminding yourself of how you currently look.
Keep up!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:18 AM   #123  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Good morning to everyone. Just wanted to say HI! I'm going to the "Changes that Last" class this afternoon (I think). I'm totally OP today. Take care all.
Glad to hear your day is going better!

I'd love to hear about your class if you make it there; sounds like a good one.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:19 AM   #124  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

JewelieK..Hey there. I have a quick question for you (if not too personal). I have a friend who's about your height and starting weight. Her goal is about where you are now. Can you tell me what size pants you're into now? She was wondering what size she should be able to get into at her goal. Sorry if this is too personal!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:20 AM   #125  
Bringin' Sexy Back

I officially signed the 85 pound board this morning! I lost 3 pounds since Saturday, that felt awesome!
Exsquisit...I am the only name on the 85 pound board, in case you are checking out the boards. My last few boards that I will be signing are in the back classroom area....I can't wait!
I have waved goodbye to the 190's, seems like I was stuck in those 10 pounds for a while, looking forward to march quickly out of the 180's!
All this talk of bikes, makes me want one, I am kind of in a rural area, but really no where to ride (we don't have sidewalks out here where I live )
Old 04-24-2008, 10:22 AM   #126  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goal4Life View Post
Namaste...I am sooo glad you posted your pictures...YES you can totally tell, honey 90 lbs is 180 fistfuls of fat gone!!! You should be loving how your body feels, and how your changing for the positive. Your mind will catch up with your body. It does take time, I have my moments at times to! I love that I have a face to a name now, we both started MRC around the same time. I do think pictures are worth 1000 words, if you keep a collage of pictures of your progress, you will be able to really "see" your changes as they happen. Look at the collage often, to keep reminding yourself of how you currently look.
Keep up!
I know, we started within a week of eachother and we've always been within 5lbs of eachother in terms of our loss. You've always kept me inspired along the way, and seeing your progress in the pics were one of the reasons I took mine. Thank you! I'll keep taking them, because one day I'll look back and see the difference. You're the best. Thanks!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:25 AM   #127  
Denise

Quote:
I officially signed the 85 pound board this morning! I lost 3 pounds since Saturday, that felt awesome!
Exsquisit...I am the only name on the 85 pound board, in case you are checking out the boards. My last few boards that I will be signing are in the back classroom area....I can't wait!
I have waved goodbye to the 190's, seems like I was stuck in those 10 pounds for a while, looking forward to march quickly out of the 180's!
All this talk of bikes, makes me want one, I am kind of in a rural area, but really no where to ride (we don't have sidewalks out here where I live )
Congrats!!!! You did it! You are almost to goal! You are amazing! Donuts has a ton of boards at our center that has only his name on it. I plan to be the 2nd name added!!! It's fun, as you get up there.... less and less names fill the board and you realize how successful you are. I'm so happy for you!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:26 AM   #128  
Deanna

S/C/G: 190.5/170.5/150

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Congratulations! It must feel good! Keep up the good work!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:31 AM   #129  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Rocki...don't get discouraged, us long timers know how it feels to be on a plataeu, and have struggles with food. When you have your mind set on a goal, you will be able to pull yourself through this. Stay positive, and keep truckin' on! You can do it.

For those of you having problems with BLT's, and eating off plan foods.... I have a few suggestions if you want them...
I have 2 young boys in the house, and a DH who eats everything in sight (and never gains an ounce!), so you know I have to have a house full of food for the growing boys, and the stomach that has no end hubby! I made my hubby put all the junky food in a very high cabinet (he is 6 ft, I need a step stool to get up in the high cabinets), if the kiddos want something from that cupboard, they have to ask dad, if dad isn't home, they have to wait until he is. I don't touch that cupboard! At first it was difficult for them, but after a few weeks, they learned not to even ask me! The only accessible food for them is fruit, veggies, crackers, and drinks. So, those are pretty safe foods for me. For dinner, I make all of our dinners at the same time, and of course the kiddos generally eat something different than me (they are on grilled hot dog and hamburger kicks right now), but we all still sit down at the same time. I find that if I feed them at different time, I am more apt to nibble on their food. When I have to make cupcakes/treats for the kids or social gathering, I make sure that I immediatly throw the batter bowls/frostings/junk in the sink and run soapy water all over the bowls/spoons. Once I am done making the treats. I make sure I package everything up in the container of choice, and it goes either in the fridge or in a cabinet until it is time to be taken to the event. I find that I am less tempted if I can't see the food.
Hope some of my ideas help you all. Keep it up, you will find what works for you.
I used to have this mindset, that all food must be eaten, you can't possibly throw it away! My mind has changed on that, I do not have to be the garbage disposal for all food that was uneaten. Once I learned to change that idea in my head, it became much easier for me to scrape bowls and plates into the trash instead of into my stomach!

Last edited by Goal4Life; 04-24-2008 at 10:54 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:43 AM   #130  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
So after all my talk, I kind of screwed up dinner. I wasn't very hungry and had pretty much talked myself into just skipping dinner all together but knew that would be bad. So I had just bought some MRB's and decided to just have one of those. Yeah, I know we're not supposed to have them at night but it's better than nothing, right? Then about 1/2 through the bar, I decided that I should keep my calories up a little so had 5 oz of leftover baked turkey breast. WTH is wrong with me???

Talking the talk, not walking the walk. GRRRRRRR!
I wouldn't worry to much about this "slip up". I have had a protein bar for dinner before, with salad (basically like we can do for lunch) and 5oz of turkey breast really isn't that bad, I would try to recognize why you did it, and try to not set yourself up for that again. I would just get back up brush off, and start over again. Nothing off plan was eaten, just not the right time or amounts.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 04-24-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:49 AM   #131  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzmom View Post
I set a mini goal for next week. 4#s. That will get me to the 20# board. I'm not to sure I can do it. They told me to eat fish for supper every night. I tried on my favorite brown cords, and they fit. They not only fit, but they look good. I haven't been able to wear them in a long time. I have lost two pants sizes. It is working. Slow and steady.
Fish does really help speed up a loss, after a slow week or so. I actually eat fish for most nights of the week. I eat fish 5 nights, chicken/turkey 1 night, and steak/bison the other night. I found that as I began losing weight, and learning how to cook healthier, I was really loving the fish. Occasionally, I change up my menu a bit, but I like the above the best, as I notice the most results that way. I also feel better, I notice when I eat certain foods now, I feel so full, and I really don't like to feel stuffed now.
Good job on getting into those smaller pants!

Last edited by Goal4Life; 04-24-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:52 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
JewelieK..Hey there. I have a quick question for you (if not too personal). I have a friend who's about your height and starting weight. Her goal is about where you are now. Can you tell me what size pants you're into now? She was wondering what size she should be able to get into at her goal. Sorry if this is too personal!
Don't worry. I have 8 sisters....there are no embarassing questions! LOL

I have Maurice jeans that are 9/10. Calvin Kleins that are a size 8. Some Walmart cheapy brand one is an 8 and the other is a 10. Jean size is so hard to figure out. I wish it were like guys jeans with a waist and inseam. Wouldn't that make life easier???

As for tops....T-shirts I'm in a medium for the first time in the longest time. If they are dressy tops I get a size 10.

Now for a bra size you may have to buy me a couple drinks. LOL!!!!
Old 04-24-2008, 11:30 AM   #133  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone just thought id stop by and check in.

Goal4life-Thanks for the tips im gonna try them, i have 3 girls so it is very hard to avoid the blts at dinner and on weekends!

Namaste- I am so glad you decided to post your pics YOU LOOK GREAT!!

I was wondering if anyone has talked to sam? Does anyone know how she is doing?
Old 04-24-2008, 12:01 PM   #134  
Bringin' Sexy Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Good morning everyone just thought id stop by and check in.

Goal4life-Thanks for the tips im gonna try them, i have 3 girls so it is very hard to avoid the blts at dinner and on weekends!

Namaste- I am so glad you decided to post your pics YOU LOOK GREAT!!

I was wondering if anyone has talked to sam? Does anyone know how she is doing?
Alexiah, not sure what your girls ages are, but if they are old enough, you can explain to them that you are tempted by certain foods, and maybe they might be inclined to not eat it in front of you. If they are young like my 2 boys, that won't work, but I do tell them, mommy can't eat that cupcake, so when you are done, please just put it in the trash. They seemed to latch right on to that, also, if they forget (as a 9 and 6 year quite often do ) I will say hey, you 2 need to come back and take care of the food that you don't want. That way, I never touch it. For me, touching it, and holding it, almost gives me permission to eat it LOL It has seemed to work so far. The rule is, when you are done eating, you go and clean off your plate in the trash, and put your dishes in the sink. That solves all the BLT's for me with the kiddos, and I never really ate off my DH's plate, plus he finishes everything always, anyway!
Weekends are hard for me also. I really try to plan quick meals for myself on the weekend. That way, no matter what comes up or at what time, I always know exactly what I am supposed to be eating, and if need be, I put most of my food together on Friday evening for the weekend, so everything is pretty much heat and eat.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 04-24-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:07 PM   #135  
Living Happily Ever After

S/C/G: 229/tracker/133

Height: 5'3

Default MIA Returns!

Wow has this group grown. I have been MIA for a while. I am so happy to see so many new folks here. Losingweightnow WOW you are doing Great!

I had taken a break (too long) from MRC and felt like yuck the whole time. But I remembered how good I felt here and came back. Disappointed in my set back but ready to go forward and finish this journey.
Closed Thread