Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 09:31 PM   #196  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Default Fyi

Update on the chocolate caramel Celestial tea! I tried it last night, it smells delicious! It tastes pretty good, didn't care for the after taste. Maybe next time I will try a little of the vanilla slimfast in it as a creamer! Not something I would make an every day thing. I checked on line about the caffeine because I did not see anything on the box, it does have 36 mg of caffeine!

I do have the sleepytime extra (wellness tea) Celestial almost every night, it helps me rest better!
Old 04-24-2008, 09:50 PM   #197  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/145

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default Tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Gigi View Post
Update on the chocolate caramel Celestial tea! I tried it last night, it smells delicious! It tastes pretty good, didn't care for the after taste. Maybe next time I will try a little of the vanilla slimfast in it as a creamer! Not something I would make an every day thing. I checked on line about the caffeine because I did not see anything on the box, it does have 36 mg of caffeine!

I do have the sleepytime extra (wellness tea) Celestial almost every night, it helps me rest better!
The only Celestrial teas that we buy either are the herbal ones or the decaf kind. The Toffee Dessert tea is herbal

Sorry if I misled you on that. But as an aside I bought a couple of new ones that didn't really "float my boat". Added some of the sugar free vanilla syrup to the Maple Vanilla tea and it was much improved. Even DH liked it better and we do not add sugar to our teas just added enough to "perk it up".
Old 04-24-2008, 10:03 PM   #198  
Judy

S/C/G: 174/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

snflrgrl:

Great job on the 3.6 lbs this week. Sounds like you are doing everything right.

I went down a pant size after about 8 lbs, but it was because I am one of those who lost weight first in my rear end and thighs (guess you could call it "baggy butt pants syndrome"). Sometimes it just depends on the brand and type of pants.

Now on a personal note....Has anyone suffered constipation while on MRC? I have been having a significant problem since I began. I talked to my center and really weren't very helpful. I already take to maximum amount of flax, and I also take the internal cleanser. Nothing has helped!!! Does anyone have suggestions???????[/QUOTE]

My MRC counselor suggested Colace. She said you can buy it at Walgreens or any drugstore. You might also want to try the fiber plus supplement drink. They are supposed to add bulk to your system. It was suggested I drink one in the evening about two hours before going to bed. Good luck!

DANG...Still no ticker for me!
Gma to 4
Old 04-24-2008, 10:09 PM   #199  
Jeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post
The only Celestrial teas that we buy either are the herbal ones or the decaf kind. The Toffee Dessert tea is herbal

Sorry if I misled you on that. But as an aside I bought a couple of new ones that didn't really "float my boat". Added some of the sugar free vanilla syrup to the Maple Vanilla tea and it was much improved. Even DH liked it better and we do not add sugar to our teas just added enough to "perk it up".
Ohh no! I was just trying some different flavors! I love caramel so I thought I would try it! I still havn't found the Toffee Dessert tea yet! When not expecting it, I will come across it! I like my coffee in the morning and my tea at night! The aroma itself can be relaxing! I do a little splenda in mine sometimes! Don't think I would buy the chocolate caramel again! It might just be the chai tea? Who knows!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:13 PM   #200  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Did you look in the laundry? It could have slipped off when you took you pants off last night. Or did you have your hands in ground meat or anything like that? My SIL lost her wedding ring one time and it showed up in a date nut loaf!
You are a goddess! A dream! I can't believe how you come up with these great ideas!!!! And she found it, like that! I would never have thought of the laundry!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:16 PM   #201  
Roller Derby Queen

S/C/G: 186/to the ticker!/145

Height: 5'7"

Okay, I went to our "cooking class" last night, and was sorely disappointed. There was no actual cooking, the ladies at the center just made up a few desserts from the cookbook and had them sitting out on the table to sample. I can't believe I drove 30 minutes to town for that.

Also, today I ate a donut . We have them all the time at work, and it usually doesn't bother me, but today I had to have one. It's crazy, because I was planning to eat one at the end of next month as a celebration for being promoted, but I guess I couldn't wait (tee hee, I almost typed "weight"). Anyway, all OP after that, but it was weird anyway.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:17 PM   #202  
Jeannie

Time is flying by! I finally caught up on all the posts! Boy you all have been busy today!

I remember there were some great losses posted! CONGRATS Some one hit the 85 lb board! This is an outstanding accomplishment, you should be proud!

There were some fabulous suggestions out there also! When at home, my sons snacks are in reach but in our pantry, one shelf in my DH, one is mine, and the other is my son's! Great suggestion about out of site, out of mind!
That is one good thing about when I am on the road, the only things in reach are what I purchase! So that being said, if I am shopping right, there are no temptations close by! (1 exception, if I could only get the cleaning ladies to stop leaving these chocolate mints. I think they are so happy I am not super messy and make their life easy in my room, they leave me an abundance! I keep sliding them in a drawer out of site! Maybe if I left the room a mess 1 day, they would stop leaving them (just a thought)! I couldn't do that!) LOL

Well all sleep well, I have laundry to finish and still want to hit the gym for a few!

Ohh, sorry! Almost forgot - Congratulations on finding your ring! It had to turn up somewhere in the house! I wear a plain band on one of my thumbs, thought I had lost it a work the other day, had the soldiers open back up some of their equipment we were packing up and found it! Might need to stop wearing it, almost lost it in the comode today! My wedding bands won't slide off yet but they spin loosly on my finger now! Pretty good feeling! Ironicly, it is a sign we are heading in the right direction!

I see some OG's are back aboard! Welcome back!

Last edited by Ms Gigi; 04-25-2008 at 12:05 AM. Reason: addition
Old 04-24-2008, 10:21 PM   #203  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
Went to WI yesterday and was down another 3.6 lbs. WOOHOO!!! I have lost 21.6 so far. I feel like I have been on MRC for a long time, but it really has been only 35 days.

I have a couple of questions. How much weight did you guys have to lose before you dropped a pant size? I currently wear a 24 and they are getting really baggy, but I still can't fit into a 22.

Now on a personal note....Has anyone suffered constipation while on MRC? I have been having a significant problem since I began. I talked to my center and really weren't very helpful. I already take to maximum amount of flax, and I also take the internal cleanser. Nothing has helped!!! Does anyone have suggestions???????
Congratulations! You are movin' right along!!!!

I have to lose a lot just to go down a size. I started in a 26/28 and I'm almost in an 18/20. I can wear some, but not others. That may be a brand issue. I have to add, we are all totally different and I think you'll see that as more people respond to your question. Don't focus on that or it will drive you nuts!

Thank you for asking about the constipation issue. I didn't have any issue until about 2 weeks ago. I take the flax, and triphala (4 before bed) and never had an issue at all.... Sounds like we'll both have to take gmato4's advice of colace and fiber tea! Best of luck!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:30 PM   #204  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhibes View Post
While you are getting bikes you should definitly also get a helmet. I know several friends that their helmet saved their lives. I too had a bike accident two years ago while training for a fundraising century (100 miles in one day) ride. Broke my distal radius (wrist). Had a titanium plate and 6 screws surgically implanted. But when I was at the hospital I must have been asked 20 times (by everyone that treated or examined me) if I was wearing a helmet.
Agreed!!! I have one and can say that I'm wearing it! Ok, not right this second, but.... I never ever wore one before but there were a couple of reasons I felt it was so important 1) safety 2) how could I tell my son how important it was for his safety and expect him to wear it, when I wasn't? So, it took a couple of times to get used to it, but it's just like a seatbelt.... has to be done! Your accident was awful! Very, very scary! I was 20, riding home from work and went to go up on a curb and it didn't work out that way so I went over the handle bars and landed in the exit of a drive thru liquor store! Not the place you want to be, while injured... in front of a drunk on the go!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:38 PM   #205  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
I need some advice. I run a nonprofit and have several lunch and dinner events each week, so can't always control what is being served. Yesterday, the entree was either ham w/rum raisin sauce or salmon. Neither was a great choice, but I went with the salmon as the lesser of two evils (I know, not supposed to have it at lunch). They threw on 3 sprigs of asparagus (nowhere near the 4 oz. of cooked veggies). No roll or dessert, so did good with that part at least. I took an HNS before I went and all the pills. Today it was a Mexican luncheon with fajitas. I ate the chicken (probably 2 oz.), some grilled green pepper and poured on the pico de gallo (even with the few chopped onions in it), trying to get the veggies in. No tortilla or chips, but again did the HNS and pills before I went. And these were catered affairs, so no way to order off a menu.

For those of you who have been on here longer, what should I do when I know I haven't gotten enough protein or vegetables? Should I try to get them in two hours after the fact? Should I add more to my dinner meal?

HELP!
First off, how wonderful to run a nonprofit! Do you mind me asking, what do you do? What kind of nonprofit?

Second, are you at the Ft Collins or Greeley center?

Finally, gosh! Tough question.... in those situations, could you consider having a meal replacement bar or shake instead? Or maybe bringing a form of protein with you? Like cheese? Something you could throw in your purse before you left for the luncheon and get to if you needed to?

I'm still thinking. It's a long process, this thinking thing.... don't give up on me, I may have more suggestions.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:40 PM   #206  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
Went to WI yesterday and was down another 3.6 lbs. WOOHOO!!! I have lost 21.6 so far. I feel like I have been on MRC for a long time, but it really has been only 35 days.

Congratulations! You are doing great!!!

I have a couple of questions. How much weight did you guys have to lose before you dropped a pant size? I currently wear a 24 and they are getting really baggy, but I still can't fit into a 22.

My pants are baggy too. But, I haven't went down a size. Jeans all tend to fit so differently tho. I'm still in a 14. And, I have a pair of 13 junior that fit better. I have gone from an XL to L in my shirts.

Can we have papaya as a fruit selection? It isn't on my menu, but I just wondered if anyone else eats it.

I dunno. I had mango before I realized it wasn't on the list. I asked my center about it and the girl thought it would be ok. I'd really like to know for sure too. I like kiwi, but its not on there either. I love pineapple...can I have canned if I rinse it???

Now on a personal note....Has anyone suffered constipation while on MRC? I have been having a significant problem since I began. I talked to my center and really weren't very helpful. I already take to maximum amount of flax, and I also take the internal cleanser. Nothing has helped!!! Does anyone have suggestions???????
Try drinking a fiber drink. I drank some a couple of times and haven't had a problem since.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:43 PM   #207  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by singalong View Post
So I have been sick with a silly cold on a very busy week. I am a music teacher and have two kinder programs and a 90 member 2nd choir that meets after school. Today is the volunteer lunchin. Every staff member had to bring either a salad or a dessert. Needless to say the school is covered in SUGAR..... OH MY IT HAS BEEN HARD TO STAY AWAY. The salads brought were pasta salads and all bad salads I can't have. I walked in with my pre weight lunch and ate like the odd ball out again. I did it so far. I am here until 9:00 tonight and it is calling me JEN...... I am so yummy........But I don't need it. I will go have my stupid 4OZ of chicken and pretend it is all those glorious dishes....LOL.... I can do it and the chicken is very satisfying RIGHT??????? Jenn
It's so hard when you are sick.... that's a struggle for me too. I haven't cheated yet, but whenever I get sick, that's when I feel the closest to the edge and want "comfort food".

Yes, you can do it! Because you are focused on the big picture!!! And because it's just not worth it.... but you are.

Last edited by namaste; 04-24-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:45 PM   #208  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by singalong View Post
I am totally jealous! I have been looking for one!
Look at the garage sales, and check at walmart. I heard they are putting them out as "retro" bikes now and they are pretty reasonable. If not, you can come borrow mine!
Old 04-24-2008, 10:53 PM   #209  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I was up a 1/2 today at WI. I couldn't keep my hand outta the breadsticks w/cheese last night...

My counselor offered a suggestion I had considered on my own, but somehow seems more "ok" coming from her. I get so bored with the same things, and its SO hard with 4 kids to not eat pizza, spagetti, tacos, etc... She said if I felt I had to go off plan then to set a certain day each week to do it. That way several days I would still be in fat burning mode. I tend to only go off 1 meal, but typically every 4th day. So, if I KNEW that on say Saturday, I could eat what I want (within reason) it would be more beneficial to me than how I am now. Makes sense? I know this isn't the right way. But, I think I would be able to look at it as a reward for doing well all week and give me the motivation to not cheat a little here or there. I only want/need one meal...breakfast is always easy for me, generally lunch also, but dinner is when we are all together. I'm just feeling very deprived... I wish I could be more disciplined...
Old 04-24-2008, 11:17 PM   #210  

Default Constipation

This has been a problem for me since I began the program. Colace did nothing, Triphala (trying it different ways, 4 at night, 2 twice during the day. etc. did nothing) didn't work, generic stool softeners didn't work. The fiber drinks really only have 5 grams of fiber and are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay expensive. I buy the huge container of sugar-free metamucil (or walmart's sugar free brand -- it's much cheaper) and us that. I drink several drinks of that per day. It compares to the fiber drinks at a fraction of the cost. I wish I could come up with something more effective. I have eaten All-Bran (not on plan) and it helps some.

I've upped my water to 128 oz per day and that didn't help, I try to make higher fiber choices with my one fruit and the veggies, but to no avail.

I'd love to hear other people's suggestions also.
Closed Thread