Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 03:48 PM   #91  

Height: 5'6''

4my2ltl1s - we went to one of our favorite restraunts and I had a really yummy baked, stuffed chicken. It is stuffed with broccoli and spinach and then baked with a little cheese on the top. It is wonderful. Happy Anniversary to you too...wherever he makes the reservations you'll be able to find something that will work. Hubby was so cute. For our anniversary he always gets me chocolate and flowers...well, this year he got me the flowers (really pretty orange/red mums - we had mums in our wedding) and then he got a package of strawberries and put a packet of my chocolate pudding on the top of the box... He was really thinking about me, such a sweety!

Shineon - Hubby is still on plan. He's not as cautious about what he eats, but he tries. He is mostly maintaining. He lost about 38lbs early on and then he's gained a little back and has been holding there. He eats what I cook at home (same as what I eat), but its when we're not together that he sometimes slips. I don't preach at him, not my job. He's a big boy and can manage himself. He is SUPER proud of me though...my biggest supporter.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:39 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 202.5/187/140

Height: 5/5

Hi everyone:
WI today gained 1.5lbs. What a bummer. After losing my inital 10lbs I thought I was on a roll. I'm on day 10 today, maybe Sat WI will be better. I've been on fish for 5 days.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:57 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 221/189.5/140

Hi all. I just joined MRC on Monday. I am in the pre-conditioning phase, and I get the plan on Friday. I have one daughter, 1 step-daughter, and 2 step-sons. I quit smoking in June, and I added 30 pounds to my already overweight self. I feel very proud though as I NEVER thought I would really quit. My daughter told me yesterday (4 months since quitting) that she forgot I used to smoke. That made me so happy. So, now I am onto the next phase of improvement - losing weight. I am a bit nervous about this plan but I am excited too. I am glad to have found this group.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:42 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Good for you Volgirl, we are at the same place! I am going to my first class on Friday, too. I am also a former smoker, it has been almost 8 years now and they still smell good. I won't ever go back and my kids and husband are glad! Surely if we can quit smoking, we can lose weight!
Old 10-03-2007, 06:44 PM   #95  
Big loser!

S/C/G: 206/140/140

Height: 5'5.5

Welcome Volgirl71! Congrats on quitting smoking! That's very hard to do and a BIG step towards better health!

So glad you've come to MRC, I think you will enjoy the program very much..and we are here to vent to or cheer along with..

I'm guessing you're a Volunteer fan??

Angelhealer, I think we've all been there at one time or another. Just keep drinking that water and concentrate on eating healthy! I did PM you, but I want to also say here that even if your weight won't budge (or slips up a bit), you can always ask your center to check your BMI and Fat%..that will give you a victory to take home until your next WI, everytime!
Old 10-03-2007, 07:05 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 202.5/187/140

Height: 5/5

Thanks to Nan and everyone else for their encouragement. I mixed up some zesty Italian dressing in the package per ok from manager at MRC . Maybe that was too much fat? What do you guys do for a dressing?

Sally
Old 10-03-2007, 08:04 PM   #97  

I'm reading all these notes about fish. Pre-fish weight loss and post-fish weight loss. My center hasn't mentioned fish to me at all. What's that all about?
Old 10-03-2007, 08:33 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 221/189.5/140

Smile

Thanks for the encouragement! Yes, I keep telling myself that - if I can quit smoking, surely I can lose weight. I think a lot the brain tricks I used when quitting smoking will probably help here too - well at least I hope so. Whenever I had a craving, I just kept telling myself that I wouldn't feel any better if I had one in the long run. It would only make me feel guilty.

Yes, I am a Volfan. My dad went to Mississippi State, my Mom got her master's at South Carolina, my oldest brother went to Auburn, my middle brother went to Georgia, and I went to Tennessee. We are all SEC as you can imagine.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I look forward to sharing this experience with you all.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:36 PM   #99  
43 years young

S/C/G: 162/159/130

Smile little more time, lots more info

When I posted yesterday I was not even sure it was going to post properly, glad to see it has. Thanks for the tips already. As it turns out, it is probably me that has just sat back and not asked for these things I am whining about. My center ladies are awesome and do want me to succeed; I am just embarrassed that it has been so long to lose so little. I will ask for more tanitas and to sign a board, but do they make you erase your name if you backslide??
As for getting to know me, I am in North FL and have four kids, 17,15,12,and 5. My husband (is that the DH??) works out of state during the week and is home on the weekends. Sounds bad but it has worked for us.
My heaviest was last year at 176 and my lowest so far has been 150, fifteen from goal. Then life got busy and excuses came easy. "Oh I need a bread at breakfast, so I will eat this bag of vanilla wafers instead of getting more melbas." That kind of stuff. Thanks SHINEON for your BLTS acronym, nibbles have been a huge hurdle with this program -- I was on self-imposed snack-ish meal plan that consisted of floating from one carb to the next then to go to absolute ZERO snacks between meals is hard for me. Consistency is another thing --I will do great Mon and Tues then "reward" myself for that goodness by allowing myself a little slippage on Wed. Crazy, right? If I can ever get the ticker on here, that seems to be a big help. I have it on my google home page but can't get one here yet. It helps to see the visual reminder. Like the pants that don't fit anymore are reminder enough

There is a woman here that is in Auburn AL -- I graduated from the lovliest village many moons ago (1987) and still love it like crazy. Are you in school or a resident that has to put up with the population fluctuation? How about beating the Gators! In these parts, talk of college football is pretty much muted -- I love it

Thanks again for replying.
Yoyo
Old 10-03-2007, 09:27 PM   #100  
Amy

S/C/G: 248/177/160

Height: 5'6"

yo where in north FL are you? There are several of us on this board from NW FL. (FWB, Niceville, Mirarmar Beach). I go to the Miramar Beach office.

Welcome to all the newbies! You will love it here!!
Old 10-03-2007, 10:01 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 209/208/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Excited about my loss

Hi All - I really enjoy reading all the post and I've learned so much.

I just started preconditioning last Thursday and WI yesterday and lost 5.5 lbs Have had a problem today trying to get in 3 meals though. I was so busy at work that it was 3:00 before I knew it. I know I need to have 3 meals a day. Any suggestions?
Old 10-03-2007, 10:20 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 178.5/168/140

molglo - I was a lunch-skipper for years. I would skip breakfast, too, because if I did eat breakfast, I'd be starving at lunchtime. Then I'd eat a big dinner. I've just had to force myself to eat lunch. I pack it the night before and eat finger foods (sliced turkey or cheese sticks, raw veggies, and fruit) while I work. It has just become a new habit. My co-workers, who were used to me not eating, now make fun of me and my new healthy eating habits and my weight loss - in a supportive way. You can do it too!

angelhealer - Every time I've signed a board, it seems I'd gain the next weigh in. They don't make you erase your name! I've had lots of weeks when I've gained despite following the program perfectly. It's discouraging, but I don't focus on each weigh in, but on the overall progress instead. Think about the BIG picture!

nwgirl -I'm in Beaverton and go to the Beaverton center. Even though I work in Hillsboro/Cornelius, the traffic is just terrible out there, and the Beaverton center is less than a mile from my house. Glad you've joined us!

WI tomorrow... wish me luck!
Old 10-03-2007, 11:03 PM   #103  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyololo View Post
There is a woman here that is in Auburn AL -- I graduated from the lovliest village many moons ago (1987) and still love it like crazy. Are you in school or a resident that has to put up with the population fluctuation? How about beating the Gators! In these parts, talk of college football is pretty much muted -- I love it

Thanks again for replying.
Yoyo
yoyololo ~ (Boy could I ever use your name!) I live in Auburn and so does Nan11! Recently we got to meet at our center...it was pretty cool! My DH teaches at Southern Union in Opelika. He was a Troy State grad but got his PhD in Florida! Last year I had the honor of watching both sons graduate from Auburn...28 years ago I was a Georgia girl but now.....I bleed orange & blue! I love the energy the students bring to the loveliest village on the plains! Makes me happy to hear from long gone students, we get a lot of calls during football season...sometimes it's like a bed-n-breakfast around here! Let me know if you come to any of the games...would love to meet you and tailgate!!! The game last week was priceless! Just what our team needed after the rough start this year...what can I say but WAR EAGLE!

normoredonuts4me ~ About Mary's Cajun recipe....did you use the entire cup of seasoning!?!?! When I read your post, LOL...tears in my eyes!

BeeChick ~ I thought I was getting good bargains too until I saw today's paper and Dillard's has an extra 30% off clearence items...of course, starting today! Well, I still like my bargains! And, I like setting the shopping incentive for my rewards...maybe I need to re-evaluate and set a few more short-term goals!

Angelhealer ~ Have you tried the MRC french dressing? The pkg says vinegarette, I like it and I don't normally like dressings with a lot of vinegar. One packet is enough for 2 salads for me. Chin-up....we've all had the "gain-a-pound" WIs! Add an extra glass of water every day and you will see the scales move!

JanT RECIPE: 1 cup of vanilla-nut flavored decaf coffee, splash of the vanilla-vanille creamy (our center suggested we use this for coffee creamer). Served hot is good...but served over ice it's like an iced Latte!
Old 10-03-2007, 11:43 PM   #104  

Height: 5'6''

Well all, I lost a big fat half of a pound. (I'll get to the tickers tomorrow) I kinda knew this would happen. After big losses, you typically will see your body try to "recover" and you'll show a smaller loss (I also place the blame squarely on TOM's ample shoulders). Chin up about the gain Angelhealer...been there. I had a gain this summer...it's likely a "recovery" week for you as well. Stick to the plan. Someone (no idea who) once said on here that our bodies have no option but to lose weight on this plan...and thats SO true. I'm walking talking proof.

My 1/2lb loss takes me to 62 total and I have a total inches loss of 44.5in. Thats the same height as LOTS of my students. I'm going to measure one tomorrow and take a picture I love the visuals...hehe.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:53 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 221/189/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Hello finally!

Well after several days I am finally logging in. Glad there are so many new people like me. So here's an update. I don't WI until Friday but, I have been adding fish like crazy! Thanks for the Tilapia and Walmart tip. Got a box and it's great!!!! I am keeping track of all the ways to cook it. I have now cooked it for the first 2 times ever. I've had it 3 times since Sun. but, once was at Cheddars. I like spicy, so I'll have to try the cajun soon. I can't tell on my scales if I've dropped more than a pound but, I'm shooting for at least 2. I know what it's like to have too much time between meals. I usually eat breakfast after wo @ 7ish and my lunch since I teach is at 12:40, then I coach so I don't get home before 7 most nights some nights later if we travel or play. I think that might be my slow down on weight loss. but, not sure what to do. I do the HNS when I get hungry during practice, I put it in a bottle of water. I also added TaeBo bootcamp this week. So, 2 more days and I'll know the results....... Thanks for all the support!!!!! I'm out in the middle of know where WTX, anyone close?
Have a great end of the week!
sb4me
Closed Thread