Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 10:38 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Jantdieting--good for you!! That is awesome! 25 lbs!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:12 AM   #77  
43 years young

S/C/G: 162/159/130

Question MRC re-re-enroller

Hey
I am not sure of what I am doing exactly, am I in the right place, is the forum the proper one, so correct me please if I am in the wrong place but I have been reading here a bit lately and found this to be more helpful than my local MRC. That could be because I have "been" there since Jan 06 and still just kind of lingering about. Total loss was 26 pounds with 14 to go to GOAL which never happened. I love the ladies at the center but it seems as if they have gotten burned out with me. I think I may have fallen thru some cracks as I never have signed a board, only had two Tanitas done and they were way off in my inches-lost calculations. I have tons of HNS left so I will try it on my own here for a bit and see how it goes. My contract is up at the end of OCT so it may be just as well. Thanks for all yall's candor, it helps a lot.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:14 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 178.5/168/140

Welcome graduatethin!

My favorite way to have tuna is to put 6 oz of lettuce in a bowl, chop up some green pepper, some tomato slices, and some sliced green onion. Then dressing, then a big grind of fresh pepper, then add the canned, drained tuna on top. It's what I had for dinner tonight, and it's great.

By the way, I don't like any of the MRC dressings and my center says no to the Walden Farms dressings (I think because they have sorbitol or some other sugar alcohol). With all the veggies and tuna, I can barely taste the dressing. You can also try making your own vinaigrette with the 2 tsp of oil we're allowed every day.

Enjoy!

P.S. at WI on Monday, I was up 1 lb. of water. My muscle mass is up 1/2 lb so it's pure fat I'm losing!
Old 10-03-2007, 02:10 AM   #79  
Super Maintainer

S/C/G: 357/197/maintaining

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary V View Post
ShineOn - My favorite ways to cook fish are to broil it or fry it. Broiling takes about 3 minutes per side for thin fillets. I fry it on medium in 2 teaspoons of olive oil. While it's easy, the absolute worst way to cook fish is in the microwave - just too fishy and has a weird texture! I make a very low sodium cajun seasoning mix, and use it on chicken and fish. It's very flavorful and you can use a little or a lot. It's good to let it sit on the meat for a few minutes. The recipe makes about 1 cup of seasoning, which lasts me about 6-9 months.

CAJUN SEASONING
2 t salt or salt substitute
3T black pepper
2T garlic powder
1t onion powder
1t nutmeg
2T dried parsley flakes (crunched)
4T red/cayenne pepper (ground)
2T chili powder

Combine all ingredients; store in an airtight container.

Good luck!
I tried Mary V's Cajun Seasoning tonight on my Talapia. WOOOOOWEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I had a thermonucleargenic fat metabolizing meltdown!!!!! It's Spicey Hot!!!
I only used half of the cayenne pepper too. It was really good though. Mary, you must have an iron stomach.

Hvnlymzic It's definitely not for you

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 10-03-2007 at 06:30 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:23 AM   #80  

NW Girl - As in Pacific Northwest? I'm in Oregon. As for salty snacks, dill pickles aren't allowed - they're too salty. Make sure to check your food list. Someone mentioned melba snacks - I also eat the melba snacks instead of bread when I want something salty-ish. You can break them up and use as croutons on salads, too. The chicken bouillion supplement is what I like best when I want something salty. It's high in sodium as MRC stuff goes, and makes me retain water, but once in a while it's great! After a while of eating the MRC way, your cravings should subside.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:31 AM   #81  

But Donuts, did you like it?
Old 10-03-2007, 02:59 AM   #82  
Super Maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary V View Post
But Donuts, did you like it?
Oh yes!!! I love the spicy foods. Can't wait to mix it in some wasa coating, and try it that way. Thanks Mary V for kicking it up a notch
Old 10-03-2007, 03:16 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 220/150

Height: 5'7''

SHINE ONmmmm...crispy chips sounds great-thats for the recipe!
HVNLYMZIC10 ls to go!!! Nice!
MaryV- I'm in Portland, I go to the Hillsboro location- how about you?
Old 10-03-2007, 03:19 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 220/150

Height: 5'7''

sorry- bad typing, let's try this again...Hvnlymuzic 10 pounds to go! Will you be posting any before/after pics?
Old 10-03-2007, 04:38 AM   #85  
Super Maintainer

Jantdieting Congrats on hitting the 25 pound mark!!! Of course, that's equivalent to FIFTY FISTS OF FAT!!!! YEA!!! Glad to see your fat burnin jets are on. And hey, a pound is a pound.

graduatethin 4.5 pounds is awesome for a weeks tally!!! You're just getting your fat burners started. You just wait til they're in full swing. Looking forward to your future fat loss posts.

RamsWife88 Just another fifty supplements more and you'll be up with me Glad you liked the tuna melt idea.

BeeChick When they say hard cheese for 1 meal, they mean 3 oz of cheese (protein group 1) as your only protein for that meal (breakfast, lunch, or dinner). Correct me if I'm wrong. Unless your meal plan is different than mine. You can always have cheese as a part of a recipe. So go ahead and enjoy the parmesan on the fish.

ShineOn, I also WI on Tueday and lost 1.5 lbs!!! They were pre-fish pounds. I'm only 2 pounds away from that elusive 70 lb board. I just bought a couple of bags of talapia after WI. Can't wait to see the post-fish results for this Saturday's WI.

ShineOn Congrats on the pounds and inches lost!!! What brand of Goji juice do you buy, and where do you buy it. I myself, have been using Pomegranite juice. (yes Mary, I'm off program a little). It's only 4 grams of carbs and 16 calories per serving, so I'm not too concerned. Oh shipwreck, I think I might be rationalizing.Doh!

Successful people are those that do what other people aren't willing to do. There are a lot of people out there who are not willing to do what it take to be thin. I used to be one of them.

Wishing everyone the WI of your dreams

Last edited by nomoredonuts4me; 10-03-2007 at 06:32 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:47 AM   #86  

Height: 5'6''

Hello All...WI tonight. We're doing body comp and measurements tonight too, so here's hoping for good good news. I'm not feeling well today (dang ol' TOM) and so I know that might slow me down a little on the scales as well, but I've been fish rich in my diet this week, so I'm really trying to counterbalance things. I think we're doing our aerobics today at school (all day for me in the gym doing TaeBo with kids...yike)...and that always helps my WIs.

nwgirl - I'll try to get some before/after pics up in my profile soon. Hubby and I are going to the lake this weekend for our anniversary, so I know it won't be this week...maybe when I hit goal I'll post them. I'll let you all know when I do. The differences are pretty obvious.

donuts - I've learned that anything with the words cayenne, chilli, jalpeno, blackened, cajun or several other descriptors just shouldn't enter my body. No worries...I'm sure that tastes wonderful, but I won't even breathe that kind of spice in. In fact...I can't use most Mrs. Dash spices b/c they have cayenne in them and are too spicy...even the table blend. Crazy, I know. Welcome to my world.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:28 AM   #87  
Feelin' Great!

S/C/G: 177.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default breakthrough!

I weighed in last night and finally broke my plateau I've been in for about 2 weeks! I dropped two pounds. I've been doing the meta-quick plan since Sunday to help. My counselor last night said to stay on it for at least 2 more days to give it an extra push (You can only do it for 7 days/mo). My hubby is down another pound and getting very close to 1-derful world!

Welcome to all the Newbies! I may not post very much, but I read them everyday and they're quite inspirational and I've gotten a few ideas!

Thanks everyone for your inspiration and ideas and good luck with weigh-ins this week!

Old 10-03-2007, 11:34 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 256/247/175

Height: 5'6"

Default congrats

Gradthin - WTG on the 4.5 loss!!! Makes you feel great, doesn't it!!

Jant - congrats on signing that 25 lb board!! And wow, good shopping bargains, too!! You had a great day, huh!

YoYo - Have you asked your center to tanita you? Gosh, you paid for their services so I think I would ask about that.

Mary - losing PURE fat! Doncha love it!

RamsWife - LOL, I had to clean out a cabinet just to put my supplements in.

NMDonuts - woo hoo!!! That 70 lb board is calling your name! We must be on different food plans. (I'm on Meta Slim, green sheet) Cheese is only listed for breakfast and lunch. And when I was looking thru my cookbook last night, every meal I saw with cheese, said "breakfast" or "Lunch". Hmmmm. I'm going to ask my center on Friday to be sure. Having some cheese at supper would be nice!

COKimBee - congrats on breaking the plateau!!!

Have a good day, everyone!

Last edited by BeeChick; 10-03-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:50 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 258/Tracker/135

Hvnlymzc – Happy Anniversary! You will have to know how you did with the eating while celebrating. My anniversary is 10/10 and I don’t know what to do for the dinner. I let DH know I am doing this plan so he doesn’t go overboard on reservations.

My DH is being really supportive about my eating habits. I thought with me eating healthier, he would also see a weight loss, but he has actually gained several pounds. Two more weeks of him gaining and me loosing and he will be ready to start the program with me.

I WI tomorrow and I am looking forward to kissing 250 goodbye. Right now I am so excited about my weigh loss that I am stepping on the scale every chance I get. I started out at 258, but my nighttime weight was 259.5. Two days after I started, I got on the scale before bed and realized I will never see 259 on my scale again. So, it is like a little ritual for me now, I get on the scale at night and take a moment to be grateful that I will never see certain numbers again. I will work on this addiction because I think it would be really cool to go into MRC and get weighed and it be a total shock. Maybe I will just do it every other day and then to every third day.

Well, that is my mindless rambling for today. Time to get to work.

Leigh
Old 10-03-2007, 02:21 PM   #90  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Wow! I love how active this board is getting. My center director has been popping on periodically. I've been bragging about our on-line group. She said it is very helpful to her as a manager to see what is important to people and what she can do better.

jantdieting - CONGRATULATIONS on signing the 25 lb board! That is just awesome. I'm a little nervous about buying clothes for our Dec cruise. I have no idea what size I will be by then. If I keep losing at this rate, I'll be down another 30 lbs. Guess I'll just have to hope for some good sales. Although, we're going out of San Diego this year so it should be a little cooler than the caribbean. I thought of you last night - had a cup of creamy hot cocoa - yumm. You're right, that's worth saving the creamy for.

yoyololo - Keep going in twice a week until your contract runs out! You've paid for it!! The key to this program is the combination of foods they have us eat - any variance will kick you out of fat burning mode. Just my one dose of Robotussin will take me out for 3 days. That could be why you feel like you are yoyoing Our center says to avoid your BLTS - bites, licks, tastes & sips. This could be enough to mess you up. Just guessing since we don't know you yet. We're here for you - ask away.

Mary V - Congrats you fat burner I feel so much better at a 15 lb loss, I can barely imagine what 50 will feel like.

nomoredonuts4me - The mental image I have of you trying Mary's Cajun receipe priceless man, priceless! Congratulations on your steady weight loss - you are text book! I just know you will be signing the 70lb board next weigh in - especially with the fish challenge. Heck, just use Mary's cajun on everything and you might hit a record breaking 8 lb "Sam" loss I use the himalayan Goji Juice by Freelife - they use a spectral signature to ensure it's the pure Goji berry and not a watered down version. It has 20 calories & 5grams of Carbohydrates per serving. I brought it into the center and their official answer was NO since it is a juice. However, I've decided I would take it with my lunch since we get a fruit exchange then. they must have read the look on my face. They just said if my weight loss slows down, they'll have to insist I stop using it. I've been taking Goji since it was launched - I think 2 years ago. The health benefits far outweight the risk for me - plus, there's some research that suggests it aids in wieght loss. I know the center can't endorse what they don't know about - heck, 10 years ago, no one heard of MSM either. Dr. Mindell has always been on the cutting edge and I completely trust their products. The only supplement that I take that is not freelife is the Flax Seed Oil. I printed out an ingredient list of everything I was taking to review with the center. The only thing they denied was the Goji. Yep, I'm a little bit rebel - I guess this is my "gel toothpaste"

COKimBee - Congratulations on breaking your plateau It's really encouraging to read when someone hits the plateau and then sticks to the plan. That will help a lot of us down the line.

Hvnlymzic - Good luck at wi tonight. I'm sure the fish and TaeBo will help. Hope you have good weather for your beach weekend/anniversary. Sounds wonderful. BTW, how is your husband doing on plan?

Have a great week everyone!
Closed Thread