Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #121  

Lisa/itstime- Don't think I got the job. Not because they didn't like me or I didn't do a good interview, but because she mentioned at the end of her spiel that they had a few more interviews to do and someone had applied in-house. I am thinking her stressing this point likely means that they already had someone in mind, plus the interview was very short and not behavioral based. I think I would've liked the job, but the pay was quite low.

TwoB- I think you may have hit the nail on the head for me. Perhaps I just need to do more soups during the day instead of so many shakes. I am gonna try that tomorrow! Maybe thats why I've been feelin so bleh.

Forgive my ignorance but WHAT is DH- Dear Husband? Diet Hater?? I've run through a lot of possibilities and I am not sure which one it is!
Old 10-16-2008, 04:16 PM   #122  
DanLovesMedifast

S/C/G: 358/265.8/159

Height: 6

Hi Lisa!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 04:17 PM   #123  
DanLovesMedifast

lovediet, sorry about the interview, i am suppossed to go on one this afternoon or tomorrow! we'll see! lol
Old 10-16-2008, 04:40 PM   #124  

Good Luck Dan! Hope you get it and it is what you want !
Old 10-16-2008, 06:30 PM   #125  
It's either Now or Now

S/C/G: 185/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

lovediet: sorry the interview didn't seem promising. If the pay's not right, then might as well. What field are you looking for work in? (sorry if you said already and I forgot).

DH = Dear Husband - though sometimes I'm more in the mood to say FH (take a guess what the "F" is for LOL (then there's DS = Dear Son and DD = Dear Daughter).

Well, I got a temporary avatar up until I can figure out why my pic's not coming up.

You guys, I just wanted to say that I feel so hopeful and so good about myself. For too long I've ended my days beating myself up with negative self-talk and chastising myself for all the wrong things I ate that day. I was losing faith in my ability to have some discipline. The last week, I go to bed proud of myself. Even though I haven't lost as much as I expected and am bummed that it might be a slower process for me ... my self-esteem is healing too, and that's priceless. Just had to say that to someone (DH's eyes glaze over when I talk about this stuff LOL).

Question - tonight I'm having squash as my veggie (and a bit of broccoli). Do I measure squash any differently than other veggies? When I had it the other day I just did the two cups - but, unlike leaf veggies or broccoli, when I mash up squash, it's quite a bit. It was very filling, which is good. I just want to make sure I'm doing it right. BTW, I mash it up and put pumpkin spice in it and it's sooooo good (of course, I could just make pumpkin LOL).

-Lisa

Last edited by Itstime; 10-16-2008 at 06:31 PM. Reason: to sign name
Old 10-16-2008, 10:06 PM   #126  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Lisa, you're so cute! I love your glasses! lol I love the change in additude! I felt that too and still do with every pound I lose, so be in for some awesome days ahead! Confidence has found a new home in this waning body!
I actually inspired someone! The other day I was at a brunch and commented to a friend how good she looked and asked "whats up with you, you're looking real good" She pulled me aside and said that she was so impressed with me and my weight loss that she went out and bought the exact same program! She's lost 7 pounds!. Here's the kicker, She just had her 50th high school reunion this year! (you wouldnt know it, she looks fantastic!) I have never been an inspriation for health! I am feeling great!
Dan-O, hope the position is what your looking for, Im sure you'll WOW 'em!
: sklol::s klol:
Happy, happy! Missy
Old 10-16-2008, 10:42 PM   #127  
DanLovesMedifast

Thanks Lovediet and Missy! It's tomorrow now. It's a job and for now that is enough. I am so bored and need to get out of this HOUSE! LOL! Hopefully we can agree on $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. LOL

Squash is 1/2 cup, same as all regular veggies, of course lettuce you get 1 cup as a serving!

Dan-O
Old 10-17-2008, 07:21 AM   #128  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning MFers! Finally, I don't mind being called that!
Fall has finally hit here! I'm cuddled in my favorite chair, with a cup of coffee, under a blanket and I can't imaging how I will make it from here to the shower in with the icy chill in the air! I already miss Summer! At least it's Friday!

Lisa- Gllad you are feeling better about yourself! I remember that feeling hitting so hard that I wanted to shout it from the rooftop! The good news is...It hasn't gone away! The more I see my body change, the more it insires me to make it even better!

Susan- I have never tried the Beef Stew. Mostly because I love a good hearty Beef Stew with big hunks of meat and vegies. It brings me back to our family camping trips when I was a kid! I am quite certain that the Medifast version is nowhere close...I am interested to hear how it is though. Please share...So far, the only soup I like is the Chicken Noodle. It would be nice to have another option. I am scared to death to try the chile after reading some of the comments about it!

Oh Missy- Don't sell yourself short. You inspire me all the time. I love your positive energy!

Dan- Sending good vibes your way on the interview. As much as I complain about having to go to work every morning...I know that my life would be nearly impossible without it! Good Luck to you! I'm sure you can build something from this job, even if it is not exactly what you are looking for today.

Well, If I don't drag my behind out of this chair and get moving, I will be the next one out there looking for work...So...I'll check ya later...Have a great day everyone!

DJ
Old 10-17-2008, 08:18 AM   #129  
DanLovesMedifast

Good Morning Djay!

Thank you for the well wishes and I not worried, things always work out how they are suppossed too! It's all good.

But thank you so much for your thoughtfulness and support.

I would definitely give the beef stew a try. I LOVE IT! As you know, if you order a box, try one and hate it, they will refund the full price of the entire box. So minus shipping to return you have nothing to lose.

I make with 3/4 cups water, stir well, let sit over night or 3 hours before eating, like make in a.m. eat at lunch time, etc. Stir before cooking, cook 2 minutes, stir, cook one more minute. Delicious! OF course, just my HUMBLE Opinion! lol!

Winter or Definitely Fall is here too now. 85 on Monday going to 34 TONIGHT! So today I will wear sweats instead of shorts! lol!

Have a Super on plan day!

Dan-O
Old 10-17-2008, 10:03 AM   #130  
I Can Do This

S/C/G: 209/186/160

Hello Everyone,
Djay give the Beef Stew a try & you just might be suprised. I would say it is my favorite MF soup, or as Rachel Ray calls it a STOUP because its not quite a stew & not quite a soup. Dan might also agree that it is pretty filling for a MF meal. Can anybody tell me when the new bars are supposed to be available? Have a great day everybody.
Susan

Last edited by TwoBThinAgain; 10-17-2008 at 10:03 AM.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:27 AM   #131  
DanLovesMedifast

Hi 2B!

I am so with you, it's definitely my FAVORITE STOUP! Woo Hoo!

The new bars are availabe for purchase in November! Woo HOO!

We can do it!

Have super ON pLan Day!

Dan-O
Old 10-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #132  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

OMG, Djay, we always had beef stew when we went camping! Dinty Moore beef stew... Its not the best by anymeans but it is still my favorite, it brings back all those great feelings of when I had a family! Ahhhhhhhhhh, thank you for the great memory.
I just drank a huge glass of water and now feel like throwing up, curious.
I have a doctors appointment today, my throat has been dry and sticky for about a year now, and finally after exhasting all of my resouces, I am seeing a Doc. I drink about 10 or 11 cups of water a day, so I cant figure... All 4 seasons passed by, was in California for 12 days, changed my diet, still the same. So I have to tell you, I am a little worried. Hopefully its something stupid like not enough fat in my diet... LOL Anyways.
NSV, put on a pair of jeans I havnt worn in 5 years, and at my lowest weight since high school! Observation, last time I wore these jeans I was about 185, right now Im 192, huh. Cool anyways.
Be good all, and be awesome! Missy
Old 10-17-2008, 11:38 AM   #133  
DanLovesMedifast

Woo Hoo Missy!

Congrats on NSV! HOPE you feel better and Dr. appt goes well!

Keep up your hard work! Dan-O
Old 10-17-2008, 02:19 PM   #134  
It's either Now or Now

Cool deal, Missy! You must be developing good muscle tone, so even a higher # on the scale still means a slimmer body. Congrats.

Dan - break a leg on that interview!!
Old 10-17-2008, 02:21 PM   #135  
It's either Now or Now

Forgot to mention - I did some investigating on that muffin. I entered all the ingredients on a few sites and, lo and behold, it's sooooo NOT 150 calories. It's way more. No wonder this week's loss was so slow. It gives me hope that this coming week will look better now that the muffins are chucked!

Question: does anyone add Fiber to their diet? I've noticed, um, #2 has become a bit more challenging than before ::embarrassing face thingy::

Last edited by Itstime; 10-17-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Closed Thread