Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 12:45 AM   #76  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Have been genuinely, entirely not too bad this weekend! Considering I had a bachelor/bachelorette (steamed crab/shrimp/corn dinner, 1 glass of sangria, then switched to club soda and lime and drove some people who DEFINITELY had more to drink than I did). I do have Sarah's cold, which is making me not want to eat, so we're on PBJ and Chicken Soup duty for the near future.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:32 AM   #77  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Great job Amanda! Sorry about the cold, hopefully you get over it soon!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding, CyndiM! I think you're smart to focus on avoiding the stress eating now!

Thank goodness I made it through Sunday POP and put a great run in the bank as well. So I'm determined that today is going to follow suit. I have to stop allowing my husband's choices (particularly on the weekends) affect me. Every time I think I have that issue solved it rears back up.

I've got today's meals all planned out in TDP so I should be set. 11 days before I leave for vacation, I want to make them ALL POP!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 09-07-2009 at 06:33 AM.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:50 AM   #78  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Yes, YES CD-- that is the PARTY we all need. Good job to all who can claim any good job done

Did a nice 7 mile run yesterday and I'll leave it at that......

today starts the real CD style PARTY.
School's on for tomorrow. boo and yay at the same time
Old 09-07-2009, 09:27 PM   #79  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone! I am going to jump in and join here. I have gotten so complacent where I am that I am having trouble getting off the last 10 pounds! It's just a matter of getting the food a little tighter and I have been acting like a maintainer instead of a loser LOL!
Old 09-07-2009, 11:54 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Hey all! Two quick things to report, and I'll check back in tomorrow when I have a bit more time.

First, I weighed myself today and while I am still 132. I'm not thrilled but wasn't really expecting to have seen a loss so as long as I'm holding steady I won't complain. Getting back in gear now, though!

Second, since I vowed to start counting calories again today - I can safely say that what I ate aside from the picnic was just under 600 calories. I'm sure the picnic will have but me up around 2000 for the day - I sat around munching.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:04 AM   #81  
No description available.

Great job on positive choices!!!

Yesterday was POP. Today, so far so good. Another day of doctor's appts. Got my run in, so that's good.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:56 AM   #82  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Yesterday I ate really well. So far so good today and got in some exercise. Lighter day of 3 miles walk/jog combo.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:12 AM   #83  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Yesterday I ended up with an unplanned Chinese restaurant lunch. I did not make the best choices, but stayed within respectable portion sizes. I also pushed myself out for a vigorous walk, though no weights last night.

I'm back at work today, should be a bit easier. There will likely be a party here this week. Everyone knows my usual food choices and I hope they will stick to those for planning. The trick will be finding time for exercise with everything else going on. I felt awful last week after the sugar and processed foods so maybe that will stick with me!

Planning, planning, planning!
Old 09-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I ate way too much at dinner last night. We had gone to a grocery store to pick up a few things and their meat counter is just fabulous! We got lamb chops for tonight and some bulk hot turkey Italian sausage to keep on hand and then I saw them--jalapeno burgers! Wow! Too yummy looking and sounding to pass them up, but they were clearly 1/3 pound or more each! Let me tell you, they were every bit as good as they sound BUT I could have eaten just half. Instead I ate the whole thing...

The scale rewarded me with a 1.5 pound gain.

I'll be extra good today to get that off by tomorrow!
Old 09-08-2009, 12:10 PM   #85  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Allison, cheeseburgers have been part of my maintenance downfall as well.

Well, I got on the scale. OK-umm, not. Will adjust ticker back up and then back down later this week!!

I've been plugging in all school dates and sports and afterschool related activities into my calendar----lots and lots....

want to hit the road for a run, just need to be house/kid productive for a few more minutes
Old 09-08-2009, 12:21 PM   #86  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

POP yesterday through the food & booze firestorm which was my husband's labor day celebration. I'm glad every day isn't a weekend I tell you. Week days are so much easier.

Today is going great; my head seems to be on straight and my food demons are quiet. Already hit the gym and did 3.2 miles on the treadmill plus a great legs & back work out.

We are starting to get the tiniest hint that our monster summer heat is relaxing a bit. I've been running about 1 run a week outside and the rest on the treadmill, but I'm looking forward to fall where I can move all my runs back outside. Though I will say, the treadmill has been very gentle to run on, as far as being easier on my joints and arthritis (particularly on my hip with the bone spur). I do like that.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday, we seem to all be getting it together!
Old 09-08-2009, 12:45 PM   #87  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Holding steady at 2 lbs above redline - again, not great, but way better than the nearly 10 I was for much of August. Still have a cold, but today will be forcing myself through an abbreviated version of my plan (lighter cardio, but more weights).
Old 09-08-2009, 12:55 PM   #88  
Chuggin' along...

Yessss, I was POP eating-wise and very active for the whole long weekend! I forgot to weigh last week before I left for my dive trip, but haven't lost any weight since I weighed Thursday morning when I got back. (Normally I weigh every Tuesday AM). Kind of bummed, but I'm sure I'm less than before the dive trip. My shorts are not belly-bustingly tight like they were for a few weeks in August, so that's a step in the right direction!

Ok, need to remember the PARTY acronym this Friday when BF and I go road tripping to see his fam for his nana's birthday party. At least it will be a short trip. We've got to come home Saturday for his work Sunday. It's a 6-hour drive, so I'll pack us healthy lunches.

It sounds like lots of us had good weekends! Great job everyone!

Cyndi, funny how food we used to love can make us feel so ill now! Welcome to the thread!
Old 09-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #89  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Megan, what's the PARTY acronym?

Jay
Old 09-08-2009, 01:29 PM   #90  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

I was good on Saturday, good on Sunday and then ... horrific yesterday. <heavy sigh> Starting over again. I swear that these perimenopausal hormones are playing havoc with my appetite and water weight. I haven't struggled this much for MONTHS. Back to 10 pounds above redline .... aargh!
Closed Thread