Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #151  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Oh, how IRRITATING with the docs office. I can't remember the last time I saw unhealthy food in a doc's office (except blood donation...but even then, they have healthy stuff too!) What are they thinking?

Trucking along, holding steady at redline + 2, but with TOM and pain med weight, so that's OK.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:49 PM   #152  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Our pediatrician gives lolly pops only if she's done a throat culture. I used to think they had a no-pop policy, but then....strep came our way
Old 09-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #153  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

On operation 5-10, I am a perfect example of one day mop (mostly op) leading to one day well well nop (not op). Today I am vop (very op-- avoiding urge towards perfectionism )

gimme some op vibeage!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

for Kittycat - and me - and all of us!

I am seriously FIGHTING with TOM right now... I'm so hungry but I've got all my food planned out, just within my daily 1800 cals and i'm NOT giving in! Going running, then my planned dinner, then some work this evening.

But seriously I'd rather hit dairy queen and pass out till morning.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:57 PM   #155  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Making my roasted veggie pita pizzas with vegan "mostly pesto" (missing some key pesto ingredients but I do have evoo and basil!) now, to top off my perfect OP day. Ran hard this morning, have been fighting some hunger throughout the day. Hopefully dinner will put the hunger to bed for good.

I send a hang-tough hug to any and all who are having a hard day!
Old 09-17-2009, 09:06 AM   #156  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Yesterday was almost POP. I had one unplanned apple. Here's my accountability for Wednesday.
One snack per day: Failed this one. I was starting to get a headache when I got home and decided to have an apple to give me the energy to do my workout.
Workout 5days/week: Check, did another run last night. That makes three days so far this week.
HIIT runs: Check, 20 minutes.
Running: Check, I ran. Still looking for a good 5k to sign up for.
Calories: Check, yesterday came in at 1310.

I'm hoping as my body adjusts to getting fewer calories I'll stop getting these headaches. Weight today was the same as yesterday, 145.6.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #157  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Wow, weighed in this morning to see a HUGE surprise. 149! I haven't been in the 140's for well...hummm, since Jr. High School a LONG time ago. I guess what ever I;m doing is working. Maybe the 8 weeks of maintaince helped to move things along...maybe it's a fluke and tomorrow I'll be up 10 pounds. I've been working non-stop out in the yard and garden, and getting tons of exercise, 1200 calories/day POP. Looking forward to tomorrow (and the weekend) so I can have 1500 calories...lol
Old 09-17-2009, 10:25 AM   #158  
Chuggin' along...

Tyler, that's terrible! My blood donation unit usually doesn't have anything healthy to offer post-donation. I was just remarking in the weekly chat thread that when I donated yesterday after I refused the cookies they offered, saying I'd eat/drink the walnuts and water that were in my purse, one of the techs brought out 90-cal packs of dried fruit. Even dried fruit w/ sugar added is the healthiest thing I've ever seen there. Maybe it ties the Quaker chewy granola bars I've been offered occasionally. Everyone else was eating the cookies.

Lori, congrats on the 140's! What you're doing is obviously working!

Iris, you can beat Dairy Queen!

Things are going well this week with me. I've flushed 4 of the 5 lbs from last weekend away, maybe I'll do it in time for this weekend, lol. But this weekend I'll be staying OP and at home. I made a yummy "Layered Mexican Chicken" casserole last night that is filling, healthy, comforting with this rain, and BF loves it too. That will be dinner for a few nights.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:03 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

No DQ for me last night! Whew!

Lori, congrats on the 140's! =)

I've never seen much of anything besides cookies at blood donations either... frustrating.

Megan, can you post the mexican chicken recipe? It sounds delicious!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #160  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations, Lori!

I was in the grumpiest possible mood earlier this morning. I got on the scale after over a week of strictly following my eating plan and working out every day. My weight was exactly the same as last week. I felt like diving into a bag of M&Ms or something. A pound bag. Anyway, I went to the gym and did my cardio workout and by the end I was feeling like a million bucks. It just reminded me (again) that I do this for more than one reason. Yes, I want to see a lower number on the scale, but there are other benefits that are immeasurable! I wanted to write this down because it's something I seem to forget over and over.

Oh, and it's Thursday, so for those of you who are counting ... 10 weeks until Thanksgiving.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Yeah, so mostly OP all week and no change in weight. It could be TOM that is doing that. I really thought I'd see something this morning because I was up three (3!) times during the night to pee. I thought for sure there'd be some water weight missing, but no. Nothing.

I know what you mean about wanting to hit DQ or the M&M bag until you pass out, but I'm not going to do that. Really? Right now I'd love a baked potato--loaded!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:54 AM   #162  
Chuggin' along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriswhispers View Post
Megan, can you post the mexican chicken recipe? It sounds delicious!
Sure Iris, I just posted it in the Maintainers "Our Favorite Recipes" thread here.

It makes a bunch but I've frozen individual pieces in the past and they thawed pretty well for a quick dinner down the road.

Ward, what?!?! 10 weeks! I've got to get my rear in gear!
Old 09-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #163  
Workin' It

Megan - I just saw a very similar recipe to this on Good Eats, Alton actually made a sauce that he layered in with the tortillas and stuff as well. l I'm going to have to try it, sans the beans for DH...
Old 09-17-2009, 01:29 PM   #164  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yay, Lori!

TOM weight is slowly coming off. Will not be exercising today, unfortunately, beyond some gentle walking (SIX cortisone shots in my shoulder this morning. It ain't pretty, folks).
Old 09-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #165  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Amanda, in case you didn't know--cortisone can also cause water-weight gain. So, be prepared just in case.

Jay
Closed Thread