Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 01:53 PM   #61  
Chuggin' along...

I've done well yesterday & today so far. Last night I was full after dinner, BF had gone to bed early and I was reading on the couch before bed... I wanted to snack but said no. Opened my new box of decaf peppermint tea and had a nice cup while I read my book and got to bed at a good hour. That's definitely a good habit... I've been pretty good about thinking about that awful picture of me at my reunion every time I want to eat and I'm not actually hungry. I also ran 2 miles and walked 4 at the gym yesterday.

Allison, you stay away from your candy dish and I'll stay away from mine too, ok?

Midwife, way to plan ahead - planning is key! Hope everything is ok w/ DS.

19, I actually think an unflattering picture of myself would be equally motivating! I've thought about it but would be embarrassed that my BF would see it so often!

Tyler, laughing at your DH's idea of a meal...

Long weekend this weekend so I need to make sure I stay active and really am vigilant about what I eat. And drink. Let's have a good weekend all! We can do it!
Old 09-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
Jo, if cows eat grass the eating cows is like eating grass=veggies! Right?
Only if the cows you buy actually got to eat grass!
Old 09-04-2009, 02:33 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

So far so good on the candy dish today. But it's Friday which means lunch out with DH. We were discussing our options and I couldn't decide where to go when suddenly he said he'd surprise me. He's taking me somewhere that is on the way to a job he needs to look at. It could be anywhere! My only fear is that it's the fried chicken place. Yuck. I doubt it will be Mexican because on that suggestion earlier he said the salt makes the scale go up (Saturday is his weigh in day). So, I have no idea where we're going although he says I'll like it...yikes! I hope I do like it (or that they have salads!).

I sure had a bad night's sleep last night. For some strange reason I was not tired at all. I read for an hour, too (that usually puts me to sleep) and I had taken Advil PM prior to reading. I probably only got 4 hours of sleep in all and you know what that means? I've been starving since I got up. I managed to make it so far (it's 11:30) with only an egg. I like to "save up" on Fridays for our lunch out.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #64  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - hope everyone has wonderful OP stuff planned for this weekend. DH has to work on Monday, so it is pretty much a typical weekend for us. I'm cooking ahead tonights, so that we have food ready to go all weekend. I've got a carrot-pesto-noodle bake in the oven, and salad fixings ready to go. Quinoa and veggies are set to go in the rice cooker. I think that some high-protein raspberry drops will make a nice finish.

I hope everyone has a fun, OP, and safe holiday weekend!

Laurie
Old 09-05-2009, 03:37 AM   #65  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Height: 5'6"

The Good News today: weighed in at 128

The Not-So-Good News: ate too much at my friend's BBQ. The temptation there was just too much. Ughhh!! It's so hard when everyone around is just stuffing themselves.

The Good News: I ate a cookie for dessert, and after that, I felt like, "you blew it. You did so badly tonight. You may as well taste/try all the other stuff." BUT...I stopped myself. The "what the ****" effect is so strong! I'm proud of myself that I stopped and didn't dig myself into a deeper hole.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Honestly I am hiding from the scale again - was back on track until wine led to more wine and then chips and pitas and salsa and hummus last night. It really wasn't even THAT bad, but I'm STILL feeling bloated this evening so I'm feeling a little discouraged.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:35 PM   #67  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Girls, I've been at party central.
Entertained yesterday, this afternoon, and had dinner at neighbor's this evening. Not op at all.
I know that entertaining does not have to mean stuff your face with chips salsa and hamburgers on the bun. And the cake and fruit tarts that you made-- you hostess with the mostess kinda chick----I really do know that!! But at least my cocktails had diet orange soda with the raspberry rum and lime twist.

Tomorrow is another party in the afternoon. But I'm thinking it is time for good choices. I plan to report back with some smarter decisions. DH sick, so might not get the long run I had hoped for. Maybe I'll utilize that indiana jones dvd I have in the closet, and set everyone up on the couch, before I race out the door

I did have one small victory this am-- got a quickie 1 mile run in before a meeting I had to attend at the start of the day. coulda passed, no time excuse... but rallied

Last edited by kittycat40; 09-05-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:16 PM   #68  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Gah, I was not POP this weekend. Today was great, but late Fri night and most of Saturday was decidedly not great. I could smack myself. I don't know how I'm going to break out of these bad weekend habits, they have really taken hold.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:27 PM   #69  

OK, and checking in.

C'mon gang we CAN do this. We absolutely DO know what to do and how to do it. We are the mighty MAINTAINERS after all!

We hold all the keys to success. We know what works and what doesn't work for us. And, we also know that the only thing keeping us from staying OP is our very own hand.

So - we still have Monday to get through. Lets

PARTY!

P - Planning
A - Accountability
R - Resistance
T - Tenacity
Y - YES, WE CAN! STAY on PLAN!!!!

Old 09-06-2009, 06:30 PM   #70  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

CD -- that's an awesome acronym! And you definitely have the right answer: I'm going to cut off my own hands.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:31 PM   #71  
No description available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
Gah, I was not POP this weekend. Today was great, but late Fri night and most of Saturday was decidedly not great. I could smack myself. I don't know how I'm going to break out of these bad weekend habits, they have really taken hold.

This. Except substitute Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. I need to PARTY Counting Down's way.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:32 PM   #72  
No description available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
CD -- that's an awesome acronym! And you definitely have the right answer: I'm going to cut off my own hands.
Hmmmm....that might be about a 5 lb loss....

Kidding (if anyone thought I was serious)
Old 09-06-2009, 07:10 PM   #73  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I need to get in here. When I first saw this thread I thought "great, I can join that thread after the wedding to get back on track". I am now a week away from the wedding and I need to get back on track NOW, even if I'm not on plan the day of. This past week the impending wedding has been the perfect excuse to go off the rails a bit. I had a danish, my first french fries in 2 years (and boy did they make me feel ill afterward) and a bran muffin, just because. I've also been way over my calorie count on healthy foods (guacamole and wine, for example) and lazy about exercise. I'm not going to get on the scale the day after I get married to find 10 new lbs showing up! So, if you all don't mind, I'd love to join this thread.

Thanks for being here!
Old 09-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
Hmmmm....that might be about a 5 lb loss....

Cindi - on your upcoming wedding!

Last edited by CountingDown; 09-06-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:48 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

PARTY! I love it!

Welcome, Cyndi, and congrats on the wedding!

Tomorrow I'm going to start counting calories again - may have to estimate with the picnicking, but making excuses to start tuesday instead is just that - making excuses.

Happy Labor Day!
Closed Thread