Old 12-06-2006, 05:59 PM   #151  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

I dont have time today for personals!! Promise I will tomorrow! I did good today so far. I just hope that I see a loss when I weigh in this Friday. It really makes a difference weighing in in the AM vs the afternoon (I know we all know this LOL). I weighed 148 this morning butt naked but 150 butt naked when I got home. That stinks! This week I am going to WI at the COD in the morning and I will wear the lightest clothes possible AND weigh myself BEFORE I go to see how accurate their scales are compared to mine. This is a tough journey....... Why was it so much fun getting fat but not fun getting skinny? This weekend is my fiance's Christmas party. I wish I could have had a sneak peek at the menu so I can plan for it. I hope they have some OP foods for me to eat. My work as a holiday "dinner" on the 15th at work. it is a catered affair with prime rib, wild mushroom lasagne (yuck) and honey ginger chicken, 2 kinds of potatoes, veggies and salads. I say 'dinner' b/c we eat at 11:15am....... WHO THE HECK wants to eat that much that early in the morning? I am already stressing about it and it is more then a week away. Heck I am stressing about Saturday! Well, I have to try to keep it one day at a time.

Thanks for listening. Hope you all have a great evening!
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:20 PM   #152  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Juliemarie - Thanks for letting me know you're updating your blogspot; I read it a while back, but it only had your start entry from October. Interesting reading; unusual requests and questions and I'm sure it's just the beginning. Good luck with everyone. Has anyone checked out your healthy fridge and pantry yet?
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:30 PM   #153  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Default Kale potatoe chips??

Lisa (Hungry Girl) was just on Extra (tv show); she talked about kale potatoe chips so I looked it up (found a couple other recipes - see below). I've never bought kale, but I LOVE chips. Has anyone ever tried this?

Kale "Potato Chips" -- Lightly mist olive oil on some kale, then bake at 350 for ten minutes. Sound crazy? Try it and see!

Radish "Hash Browns" -- Saute sliced radishes and onions with salt & pepper. A perfect companion for your egg white omelette.

Cauliflower "Mashed Potatoes" -- Cook cauliflower (to death), mash with fat free margarine, fat free cheese, salt, pepper and garlic.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:49 AM   #154  
FBD/8-18-08

Joni - the Cauliflower recipe is a famous South Beach recipe we tried. We both HATED it! I tried it a couple of way and it was awful!!! However, I tried it because of the raving reviews it got on the board at the time, so to each his/her own!!!
I wish I had the Kale recipe this morning, I would have tried it before I cooked it all in the pot with the smoked turkey wing! (that smoker has already paid for itself!)
JM - I tried the BANANA NUT OATMEAL today and it was amazing!!! I used to make the bananas for another treat dh and I had for South Beach, but I can't remember what and neither does he but we remembered the fragrance of the bananas as soon as I started the dish! Thanks so much for the suggestion, dh told me it was a "keeper" just like me!!! (I just love that man!)

Katie - I'm a real believer in homeopathic technics as well as physicians (when all else fails!) And as you know, I believe in a higher power before any of the rest - I just use the rest to treat symptoms! By the way, I'm making your tilapia recipe for lunch today and this time, I'm using the chili powder, so I'm really excited to try it "all the way"!

We've had heating problems the last two days and thank goodness, the company that just put it in this past summer is a company of integrity! They put all else aside to take care of customers that purchased their systems first! We put in GeoThermal heat and air this summer and so far, it's amazing! The issue this week was with a wiring problem in the thermostat, so it was easily rectified, it just so happens they have to drive 1.5 hours to get here! Oh well, that's the way it goes when you live where the deer and bears roam!

Reddeborah - I'm still looking for you!
Tweetteach - Where are you?!?!

Meagan - STEP AWAY FROM THAT WINE BOTTLE!!! The only "whine" you're aloud is the one when your COD gets out the WooHoo stick!!!
You're sooooo close to your Christmas goal! Keep it up, I know you can do it! 10 pounds is nothing in a month!!!

Okay, it's late and I've gotta get to the sofa to wait up for dh... by the way, he's lost 55#!!!! I'm soooo proud of him!

Oh yeah, I'm going to MIL's tomorrow so the boys can do some chores for her - it's the first time I've seen her since LAWL! No telling how that's gonna go. She isn't the kindest person since her dh passed a few years ago and she really can be rude and mean sometimes. I'm okay with it, but my good ole boy sons - you just don't mess with their MOMMA!!!
Hugs and Blessings and...
Merry Christmas!!!!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:16 AM   #155  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Pearl - First, good luck at your MILs. Hope the day goes smoothly. Is that DH in your avatar??

Thanks for the heads up on the cauliflower mashed potatoes as being something NOT to try. That's okay since I'm not really a fan of mashed taters nor cauliflower. I'm so curious about the kale, I'll just have to try that. So, I've never bought kale, but I'm guessing it's in the produce isle somewhere near the other greenery! This will be interesting since some of you know what a great cook I am! haha.

Busy work day and a pizza lunch (gotta find those carb cravers!) with some former co-workers. My book says to keep it veggie style, limited to 2 small slices, and blot the oil off first. Check!

Everyone have a great, WooHoo kind of day!
Old 12-07-2006, 08:57 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good morning ladies! Working from home for a little bit this morning because DD has a late start to school. In all of the school board's wisdom, they have decided that instead of early release days, they are doing late start days for high school since teenagers require more sleep. Since DD is reassigned to a school out of district because of the magnet program they have, we get no bus service. Oh, Joy!

JM - I was just going to ask if you had the homestudy thing when you posted your update. Hope all went well. Seems like you gave a good answer to the "needy child" thing.

Joni - The kale and radish things have me intrigued. I may try them, although probably not until January with the way things are going here. Good luck w/lunch today. The salad should fill you up along with the pizza. The trick is to get up from the table when the two are gone! It's so easy to start picking. Also, the book says 6" slices or something like that. The pizza place we order from makes them small, so I always get three. Feels so indulgent! Make sure to measure so you don't short yourself.

Pearl - Glad to hear the heating issue was fixed. Where you are, you never know if they day will be 60 degrees or 25. Hope the MIL visit goes well. Rude or not, she can't take your accomplishments away from you. The changes you have made are there no matter what she says or thinks. Let us know how it goes.

As for me, I was so busy yesterday that I didn't have time to post this. When I got on the scale yesterday at home it was 199.8! ONEDERLAND! But I don't think it's official until the COD scale is under 200. The COD scale yesterday was 201.8. Home scale this morning was 199.4! So I'm not sure if I should count this as Onederland or not. I'm happy, thrilled actually, but still kinda low-key until the COD scale give me that long-awaited reading.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:15 AM   #157  
FBD/8-18-08

Thumbs up Cassi Day Declaration

Here Ye, Here Ye! I hereby declare this day - CASSI DAY in honor of our beloved CASSI entering into the magical and mystical ONEderLAND!!!!!

Cassi - I say, we celebrate now UNTIL it's official at COD!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Old 12-07-2006, 09:21 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

You are just too sweet. It's so funny... I have been waiting for the scale to say 199 for so long, that when it happened I wanted it to be on the COD scale. It's like holding out and not facing that I really have changed. But then I read your post and I actually got tears in my eyes. I finally realized what I had done. I am out of the 200's for the first time since the 1990's. I have just done something major.

Thank you.

And thank you to all my buddies who have kept me going to get to this point. I would not have been able to stay on this plan without this board.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:23 AM   #159  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning ladies!

Joni- I love the cauliflower mashed potatoes. I always do them in the food processor. My kids have no idea that they are not potatoes. I have even served them with gravy before.

Pearl- I am gonna have to try that oatmeal. Sounds really good. Good luck with the MIL.

JM- I took a peek at your blog spot. Crazy about the marraige stuff. Sounds like things are going good!

We had our family card party at my house last night. I made taco soup. Not totally OP, but it could be. It was really good, too. Late yesterday afternoon I started feeling really terrible again, and ended up on the couch. I did not start cooking or cleaning for my guests until 15 minutes before they arrived. It actually worked out fine, but I was sure in a panic. My mom can be a little critical about my house sometimes, but she was like "Hey, you have not been feeling well. Don't worry about the house!" I think that I identified two things that made me start feeling terrible yesterday. First, I worked an extra hour, and second, I lifted a 50 lb bag of dog food. So, no more working overtime for me, and no more picking up the dog food. DH needs to be in charge of that. Anyways, enough whining, have a great POP day ladies!!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:26 AM   #160  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Yahoooooo Cassie! You have worked so hard for this!!! Great job!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:41 AM   #161  
FBD/8-18-08

Since Christmas is a time for crackling fires, mugs of OP whatever, and old friends - I thought I'd give a shout out to some that I miss here... If you're lurking - let us know how you're doing!
Shannon - Our friend from Canada - where are you??
Sommer - One of the busiest women I've ever known! I miss you!
Dolphn - I saw your post not long ago, but I'm checking on you anyway!
Princess Heather - Your kingdom awaits your return!!!
Purple Pirate (Heather) - How are you?!?
L Jackson (Lisa) - I miss you!!! Are you there?!?
And of course,
Reddeborah - I keep hoping to hear from you!

Merry Christmas to friends I miss!
Hugs,
Old 12-07-2006, 09:44 AM   #162  

Started a TO yesterday and it is tough. Headache last night but when I weighed today at home I was down 2 lbs. If I can just hang on today. I don't post much but I started LAWL in June 2006 and have lost about 30 lbs. It is a great program especially if you stick to it. I am going to try to start posting more as time allows but would like to thank everyone for all the great information.
kytravelbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:16 AM   #163  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies......no time to play.......again..........my computer was down all day yesterday, but I am back in business today!!! I keep meaning to say....

JONI.....congrats on being bar free. I love that I am bar free. I have to admit, that I was only using bars for a few weeks before I found I could not tolerate them.......so it was probably an easier adjustment for me than for you. It really is liberating though. The cravings........they will be fine. You had the same cravings before......believe me. I thought of it no different than when I quit smoking. I used some nicorette gum for the first few days, but then realized that if I was going to be healthy, I just need to DO IT!!! You have made a wonderful choice for your health, and you will pull it off. In a week or two, you will be so glad!!!

I think Ulanda quit the bars as well. How did that go for you, Ulanda? I know Holly doens't use the bars either......and Katie.......and I'm sure there are others. I'm sure you know better than I do, Joni.

Cassi.......Hooray!!!!!!!!! I know how you feel about wanting the COD scale to be your Onderland. But, don't sell yourself short. Your inner fat girl is the one who is telling you not to be excited. Smack her down!!! And recognize "Cassi Day!!!" Congrats......you have worked your *** off (yes, literally), and you deserve this recognition!!!

I want so bad to stay and play and catch up with everyone.....but my laundry can be ignored no longer. With putting up Christmas Deco and taping drywall........my chores have REALLY been suffering. I am going to do my best to get caught up today, but I am sure I won't be able to resist popping in a time or two today.

Oh, also, I think I may have decided (inadvertantly) to only go to my COD once a week. I am not positive yet, but I am considering it. I have been OP, and am doing well, so we will see. I have to tell you ladies so that I stay honest with myself. If I plan it, it is ok.......if I slack it, not so ok. Ok, really going now........love you girls!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:21 AM   #164  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning All!! Just wanted to say a quick hello before I start my busy day. I've been lurking, but want to give a shout out to my girl Cassi. CONGRATULATIONS on making it to onederland! I'm proud of you. Thank you for all of the motivation.
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:23 AM   #165  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Cassi--I am so so so HAPPY for YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats--Bravo--Way to Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote