Old 12-02-2006, 06:48 PM   #46  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Ulanda--have you checked out JC Penny's--I just picked up some great black one's for 50% off ($40!)--I love them but my fat calves do not! Still pretty darn cute though.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:02 PM   #47  
Lara on LAWL

S/C/G: 176.8/176.8/140

Height: 5'3"

Lee Ann -
Are you a teacher? I was just wondering because you talked about the writing "voice". I am going back to school for my Master's in Ed so I can be a middle school Language Arts teacher.

Went and weighed in today...down 2 pounds from Thursday!! I am very excited, although I am CRAVING STARCHES right now! I am now only 9 pounds from my Christmas /wedding dress shopping goal! I HOPE I can make it!
Miss Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 07:18 PM   #48  
on LAWL

MissH--sort of! I taught high school English for 5 years in Arizona--we moved back to Texas last year and there wasn't an opening here so I am currently an Aide. It sucks but it's a "foot in the door"! I am certified for 4-8 language arts, social studies, and reading, then also for 7-12 English. I got my Masters in Educational Leadership a few years back but still don't know what I want to do with it--haven't grown up yet I guess! I love the classroom and have always said as long as I have kids in school I will remain in the classroom (LOVE being on the same schedule--who wants to work all year??--sorry to all of you outside of education!). Since my baby is in 1st grade I have a long time to decide what to do with my Masters. Do you have to have your Masters to teach? My first degree was in business/marketing, then i went back for my teacher certification, then the Masters--took the long route to get where I am. Good luck with school. And thanks for asking--sometimes I forget that I am more educated than my job tells!

Congrats on your losses and your dress shopping--how exciting for both! I wish I had been this size when I got married--I look better now than I did then! Fix yourself some hot tea or cider (the sugar free cider is AWESOME!!) and get yourself over your craving. You can do this and we can all cheer you on!
Old 12-02-2006, 07:53 PM   #49  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Kristin - I love the new picture, but I miss the "dos" on the girls!!

Quote:
Cassi--do you need my address?? I am a HUGE mint fan!! I'll be your taste tester anytime
Lea Ann - have you forgotten the Challenge already.....no mint bark for you!! (think Soup ****!)

Pearl - Great TO results; I still think you should join the gang; it's fun and you can potentially add another "wonderful" girlie ornament to your tree, which I hope, by now is revolving and lighting up in your living room (vs your front lawn).
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:25 PM   #50  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Joni you would rather see the girls than me!!! The holiday photos from Sears are ready December 13.. wait until you see those! You will be jumping in your car to come and meet them.

Pearl I hope you tamed down your son.. don't torture the poor lads with the tree.

I'm off to find thermal underwear for the football game tomorrow... leaving my girls AGAIN and hoping not to freeze my buns off.. actually that would be okay.. I would be down on scale at COD and the staff wouldn't have to run and hide like they do if I gain.
Happy weekend everyone and catch up with you on MONDAY!!

GO GET EMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

xo
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:22 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Height: 5'4"

LeeAnn, I did check JCP, but I didn't see any that I really, really liked. Although $40 is a good deal.

I got DH some really nice shoes for 50% off so I I guess it was his day for feet.
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:53 PM   #52  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo'sMom View Post
Nicole--first off--sorry about all the MESS you are dealing with. Second--I LOVE reading your writing!!! In class we call it "Voice" and it's difficult to teach to kids--but it's mostly where when someone reads your writing they feel connected. I feel like we could be sitting at my kitchen table, chatting over a cup of coffee!! Keep rolling--it's enjoyable!
Lea Ann.....thank you!!! You made me grin from, ear to ear. I sure wish we could sit at your kitchen table and have a cup of coffee. I love coffee.....and, I love to write. One day, when my kids are all big, I hope to write a book, or two. I am quite honored to get such a compliment from an English teacher. Oh, and I forgot to tell you before.......you have a GORGEOUS family (including YOU!!!). Speaking of gorgeous families.......

KRISTEN.........I just can hardly stand how cute your girlies are!!! I used to have SO much fun with my girls when they were little. I still do, of course, but it is different fun. It was fun for ME to beable to dress them up like little dollies, before they grew their fashion sense!!! It's so smart of you to make the time to enjoy them. I know, they are work.......but the way they melt your heart......guess that's why they call it a labor of love And, wow, you are looking awesome!!! How did all of these pretty people end up on the same forum? What's up with that????? I just loved your quick message about Onderland. I didn't really think I'd see the day that I was getting close

Pearl.......I am ready to see your pretty face too!!! I agree with the other ladies, your kids are really handsome.......but YOU are the one we love, perfect (as we see you), or not p.s. tell your boys i will post a picture of of BOTH of our 4WD trucks soon. (Despite my protests......I have become a bit of a redneck girl. Does anyone remember that song????) I have to post Bethany, DH, the dog, and then the trucks....but we'll see, maybe I'll mix it up a bit.....or get a pic with a couple of those in it. I have been having fun posting one person at at time to help pass the weeks. My DH has a ford pick up, and I have a Chevy Suburban. I am not really a truck person (I'm a girlie girl), but with 5 kids, and lots of traveling (need lots of cargo space), and the boat we used to own and tow.........just had to have a big old SUV. I don't really mind anymore. It does take up an awful amount of space in a lane though. I was really happy that I had 4WD today at Walmart (my hangout). I had to use it to navigate the parking lot. Seems they don't really know how to remove the snow from parking lots here in Sunny St. Louis. It's weird.

Michelle......you survived!!! Did you have any loss of power? I don't know why we always lose it. That big old storm in July.........yeah, no lights for several days. I don't get it. It's like we've gone backwards in time or something. Had I known I was buying a house on Power Outage Lane, I probably would have passed. Oh well. I hope the weather has continued to bring only fun for your family!!!

Ok, I have much more to say (what else is new....LOL), but I MUST go sit on the couch and watch Grey's Anatomy. I have a wild crush on McDreamy

Did I mention I love Joni's challenge. It just may drop me off into Onderland for Chrismas.

P.S.....Cassi.......I LOVE mint also. When you make mint bark, or whatever you called it....do you use white chocolate or what? The mere mention of it sounds heavenly. Wow..........sugar deficit is making me loopy. Gotta go............
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #53  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey, Cassi (did I tell you I love your name.....are you a Cassandra, and if so is your second "a" an ahhhhhhh or an aaayn?).......it's probably close to time for a new picture of you too!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:51 PM   #54  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Nicole - you crack me up....aahhhhhhhhh or ayynnnn!...Now I'm wondering too..and now I've got the name game song going through my head (you know, Nick, Nick, Bo Bick -Bonana, Fanna, Fo Fick - Fee, Fy, Mo Mick - Nick) ...

Also, you probably need to adjust that Christmas goal, since you'll be seeing Onederland in the next week!! So proud of your progress! Feel free to eat an apple or some carrot sticks to celebrate!
Old 12-03-2006, 12:43 AM   #55  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Evening ladies-

Kristen- Your girls are just too cute, I smile everytime I see that picture.

Cassi- Have fun baking in that new kitchen!!

Lea Ann and Keshia- You guys anywhere near Gorman TX? That is where I was born. Keshia is probably closer huh?

Nicole- We have our woodburning stove going almost every day lately. Last week when it was about 25 below around 9:30 at night the power went out here. After it being out for an hour, we went and checked on some neighbors that we knew didn't have a fireplace or woodburning stove and invited them over to our place too keep warm. It was fun, we heated up water on top of the woodburning stove and had apple cider and hot cocoa and played cards and cribbage until the power came back on.

We got one of those big ole redneck 4WD's too. Ya just gotta living in Montana. DH is a mopar nut and HAD to have a hemi, so we've got a big ole dodge truck. Of course it is my daily driver. Gotta have it to pull all the toys with.

Tomorrow will be a day of mixing and packaging about 130 lbs. of deer meat, mostly into sausage. A friend of ours gave us a big buck to go along with the 3 DH got this year. Busy, busy. There is no way we can consume all that meat, so we know some struggling single mom's and are going to share the deer with them along with some elk meat DH got last year.

I got my little Christmas tree decorated tonight. Can't have anything that sets too close to the ground, got lethal lab tails ya know. And the puppy has a fascination with the pine cones that are on the branches, she keeps trying to eat them off. She has already chewed up one end of a roll of wrapping paper, so I think presents under the tree may just be a mistake.

Have a great night ladies, those of you in bad weather- stay warm!!!
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:48 AM   #56  
on LAWL

Joni--I know!! See why I am so bad at this?? NO BARK FOR ME!! (just bite! haha) Love the soup ****.

Kristen--the girls are little dolls! Mine let me have little say in their dress anymore--oh well. The little one is just like me though--jeans and a T-shirt anytime!

Nicole--ANYTIME!!! I'll take a sick day for you and we'll hang out together. And thanks--this is the site for gorgeous families! And, we have a Chev. Sub too--I rarely drive it--can't park the dang thang! Now DH is in love with the new model--UGH. That's never good--he's spoiled.

Deb--Keisha should be closer--my parents are at Lake Procter and they must be REALLY close because they eat lunch in Gorman most Sundays after church! My mom did a temporary stint at the big peanut company one year to pass the time. Small world. If you get back in that neck of the woods give me a holler. How sweet to your neighbors! Bet they really appreciated it.
I can just picture the dogs and the tree--my cat was terrible about knocking off ornaments then batting them around the room. We have hard wood floors so it was unsettling to wake up in the night and hear ornaments bouncing off the walls!

All for now--gotta get my act together for church.
Old 12-03-2006, 12:06 PM   #57  
Lara on LAWL

S/C/G: 176.8/176.8/140

Lee Ann -
In Nebraska you have to have your educaion degree to teach and since I have my BA in English, the quickest way for me to get my education degree is to do a MA/BA program. It's an accelerated program so it's only 18 months, but it doesn't start full time until May, so until then I am just taking a few classes to prepare, plus working full time, and I will have to work full time through the entire program because I can't get federal loans for room and board for some reason. Oh well. It's only a year and a half, plus my fiance' is in school for his PhD in Philosophy, so we understand what the other is going through.
Our Christmas tree is about a foot and a half tall. Our house is so small that we just don't have room for anything else. It bums me out because when I was little I always had a freshly cut tree at my house. Some day that will happen.
Last night Nebraska played in the Big 12 Championship and anyone who knows NE knows that football is a BIG deal. We lost, but of course there was a party. I didn't eat any dinner and had cheese and crackers and salami instead. I will just need to get all my waters in today to flush out the sodium!
And, instead of beer I drank vodka and grapefruit juice, so I think I did pretty well in that aspect. It's hard because drinking is definitely a social thing for me.
Anyway. GOod lock to everyone and enjoy the final day of your weekend.
Lara
Miss Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:36 PM   #58  
Barb on LAWL

Hello everyone! Busy day already, I went to Kohls to look for something to wear to my fiance's Christmas party and walked out with to much. Boy, you dont realize how bad you need to lose weight until the dreaded clothes shopping. Anyway, then I went to Target to get some medicine and tissues for my sick man and I walked out of there with more things then I needed. I was almost home when I realized I needed to get gas and a paper. I turned around and got that. Well, while pumping the gas I reach in my coat pocket and what did I see? the list of things I needed from Target (tissues, light bulbs) the things I DID NOT get. Then had to drive to Walgreens to get that stuff, so what was supposed to be about a 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours turned into about 3............

Anyway. I am on day two of the T/O I must say I did not cheat but I do have a massive headache. Just like the first time I did this.

Tomorrow is WI. Hopefully I do well!

Talk to you all later!
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 07:59 PM   #59  
LAWL since October, 2006

Hi all!
Just popping in to get some motivation. I'm up 0.4 from Friday. I'm pretty sure I know what it was, so I will have to smarten up. Especially if I want to be a contender in the challenge!!
I have a crazy busy day tomorrow starting with a 6am hockey practice for one ds, going straight to work, straight to a hockey game in another city for other ds, and then home probably around 8pm. Wish me luck All, while trying to care for dh who wrecked his back tobogganing with the kids..... He is flat out on the couch. Can't even roll over on his own steam, poor guy. And you gotta know they are really hurt when they aren't even enjoying being waited on!!
Wow, enough about me - I must have needed to get that off of my chest.
Thank you all for being an encouragement and source of motivation.

Barb, hang in there, T/O is almost over!!!
Makena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 09:27 PM   #60  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Makena - Here's a motivational group hug and some will power dust to get you through the rough times Sorry to hear about DH; guess the kids won't see him on the toboggan again anytime soon!

Barb - sorry your head is aching; mine was achy too, and I'm not doing TO; I think it's just the weather sometimes.

I decided to forego all stores today and instead cleaned like a crazy woman for 7 hours, did yard work for a couple hours, did a couple miles on the treadmill, and then went to a great New Song Christmas concert (they wrote "the Christmas Shoes" song, which also became a movie). I'm exhausted.

Lara (Miss Hawthorne) - sorry your beloved team lost! A lot of us can relate to the social drinking situation you speak of. My drinking has cut back considerably since starting LAWL since drinking puts a big halt on my weight loss. I carefully select which events are truly worth celebrating with alcohol. I like Holly's idea (I think it was Holly) of a "mocktail" which is sparkling water and lime!! Something for you to ponder for the next social event. Careful with the vodka and grapefruit....one little drink like that is equal to a starch and a fruit!I think I'd rather get a 12 oz Bud Light (for my starch) and/or a 3 oz glass of wine (for my fruit)!

Deb - the world needs more neighbors like you; I felt all warm and fuzzy just reading your post. And while I know they are mischievious, I really miss the puppy stages. I have boxers, so no "lethal tails" around here. Just cute little stubby tails (they still have their puppy ears, though, so much cuter that way). Have fun with all that deer meat. Not my kind of fun, but you'll be having some good eats!!

Pearl - Hope you had a wonderful day and were able to sit back and admire your beautiful tree!!

I'm exhausted and have a busy week. So, I'm going to do something unique and go to bed nice and early!! Christmas is just three weeks from tomorrow!