Old 12-30-2006, 03:07 PM   #901  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Heya girls! (what happened to Dan?)

I really ought to go through my kitchen as well...probably could dump a ton of things. I'm making the Pasta e Fagioli soup tonight...planning to double the recipe and save half of it for another night.

I went shopping this morning and as I was at the store, I was thinking of all of you. It wasn't on my list, but I grabbed the fixings for the 7-layer salad, just 'cause of how some of you have raved about it. Also, I thought this was funny...I was going down the cereal aisle and got to the part where they have all the Malt-o-Meal cereals in bags in those basket things, and just about had to RUN out of the aisle because I felt claustrophobic with all that sugar surrounding me. I'm losing my mind, I think.

And I realized the other day that baby carrots are actually good. For so many years, I'd viewed them as a necessary diet food...not something I'd ever CHOOSE to eat. But I'd packed some for lunch that day and when I bit into one, my mouth cheered, and declared it Good. Who knew???

hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 03:25 PM   #902  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Megan- You know, I love baby carrots too. I was afraid at first that without blue cheese dressing I would not be able to eat them, but as it turns out, they are great naked.

I made Pearl's Arroz con Pollo from the threads for lunch. Very yummy. My kids loved it. My 4 year old asked me for the recipe, LOL.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:07 PM   #903  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Good evening friends!

I finally bit the bullet and went to the COD, after all that fretting I was only up .8! They tried to talk me into TO but I am not ready for that yet. I seriously have a hang up about it....I need TO THERAPY! LOL

Ulanda - I totally understand about your COD. Mine is not terrific, there are a couple of good counselors but for the most part I get my support from the group and then go to the COD for stats (weigh in, measurements, lites etc.). I am happy to hear you are not giving up, that's HUGE!

Katie- I love vintage serving dishes as well. I use fiesta ware and also have a few anchor hocking pieces. I also collect vintage egg plates and LOVE to take them to parties etc.

Barb - Wow! Where did you get all that energy and can I hire you to organize my house???? I wanted to go to Bed Bath and Beyond today because I am dying to get a new toaster oven but I ended up taking my nieces to see Charlotte's Web. I was crying my eyes out!! sheeeeeeeesh!
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:35 PM   #904  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,
Wow it's been busy here for a Saturday.

Heather-Sznn- Great to see you chickies again!!!

Christine- Welcome to the group!!

Katie - Pearl- LOVE the picture albums! Such huge differences!! I need to put an update on mine. One of the ladies that goes to my center was asked to interview for that article in People Magazine. She started at 265 and is now at 132, so she has lost 1/2 of herself. She looks so awesome. She lost 65 1/2 inches and the ribbon they gave her is longer than she is tall. She is extremely shy though and wasn't sure she wanted to do the interview.

Cassi- Hope your back gets better. What your DH said sounds like something my DH would say......MEN!!!!

Ulanda- I am with Katie, I would try red out for a while and see if maybe it will work better for you. If you are exercising 5+ hours a week, your body needs more fuel.

Martha-I think I would wait a couple of weeks to see what the exercising does for you before you change your plans. You have been losing extremely well to this point. If with a couple weeks of exercise you stall or slow way down then I would look into going to the red plan.

I finished TO on Thursday, but crashed today when some mini snickers found their way into my mouth and also a piece of fudge that MIL sent home with us. Now I am having a sugar crash. Why oh why do I do this to myself?!?!?!
Oh, BTW, that dude in my avatar is my DH Bill, the love of my life. Not a great picture, but not too many of us together get taken.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 11:50 PM   #905  
Martha's losing on LAWL!

S/C/G: 204/146/135

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Deb, You're probably right. Looking for an excuse to add a starch and more protein!!

I watched a documentary on MSNBC tonight called "Supersize Me". It really shook me up. I mean I didn't eat at McDs 3 times a day, but I probably used to eat there once a day. No wonder I was 204 lbs and felt awful!!! Have any of you guys seen it? It will be on again tomorrow night. Its worth Tivo-ing if you don't want to spend NewYears Eve watching a documentary!
mbfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 10:23 AM   #906  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Ooh, yeah, I've seen that show. I was shocked when I saw that french fries NEVER went bad. :O And we're eating those???
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 10:35 AM   #907  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning all!!! Happy New Years Eve!! Everyone have some fun, and please be safe!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 11:42 AM   #908  
LAWL Salt Police

Good morning!! And early Happy New Year!.. Liz and I are back from our sojourn to California and I have to say we didn't have a banner "plan" week.. We tried to be good and were for the most part, but circumstances out of our control (11 hours split between two airports being one of them) we didn't have much choice but to go off a bit here and there..

On the plus side, we walked and walked and walked while spending two days at Universal Studios with the kiddos... Our hotel was close enough so that we walked there (up hill) and back most of the time. Also, on our return to Albuquerque, we had a foot of snow (!) on the driveway so I got plenty of exercise shovelling.. Damn are my arms sore!!

So anyway, after partying a bit tonight, we're going to do a take off mostly as damage control before our weigh in on Tuesday...

Hope you all have a safe night!!!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 12:47 PM   #909  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Happy New Year's Everyone!
Look forward to seeing everyone back next week. I'm going to look up the definition of POP again!!! Will be 100% on track starting tomorrow and venturing to TakeOff on Tues/Wed with my fellow sufferers in this journey. Somewhere I've got to make up for my indulgences this past week!

Safe and fun evening to you all!!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:05 PM   #910  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Happy New Year Everyone! My partner and I are off to watch football and ring in the new year with friends. When I reflect back to this year I will think of you all and count my blessings!

Happy New Year! Here's to less of us in 2007!!

Big Hugs!
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 01:12 PM   #911  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

Happy New Year Chickies!! Can't wait for the page to turn and start my year right!! Will be doing TO on Wed & Thur. Now the Chickies that signed up to do the 12 week TBL Challenge, please remember to go and post your stats! And most of all: have a safe new years eve! Don't drink and drive, find a designated driver, better yet, volunteer to be one! I will be spending the night at home with DH & DS, watching the ball coming down in NY. So:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! WELCOME 2007!! May it be better and healthier!

hugs,
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 02:38 PM   #912  
Whitney on LAWL

S/C/G: 174.6/158.8/145

Height: 5'3

Happy New Year's Eve to everyone!!!

Yesterday was my 19th Birthday!! Whoo Hoo! LOL My aunt and uncle who live in texas came in and we went to dinner at applebees with a bunch of my family. I stayed pretty much op, except for the tiny piece of birthday cake!

I went to wi last thursday feeling very nervous because of the 2 christmas dinners I went to, but I was relieved to find out that I had actually gone down .6! I was so excited that I went shopping and found a pair of pants at Ann Taylor that were on sale AND a size 12!!! I'm really feeling great about my weight loss. The shopping day was just what I needed to boost my attitude. I plan on getting back on my regular excercise routine this week and kicking my weight loss into high gear. I only have 8 weeks left before I reach my goal!!!!
tigerpawswhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 02:52 PM   #913  
ON LAWL

S/C/G: 160/155/140

Height: 5'6''

Hello Everyone

I haven't had time to catch up on posts yet. We just got back this AM after being gone for 8 days. I am soooooooo glad to be home. DH and I always make sure we are home New Year's Eve, it seems to be the only Holiday all year where it's just the two of us. That is why it is my favorite!

The last 8 days haven't been so hot as far as food/water intake goes. And I am just about to have a glass of merlot ! DH is making his traditional New Years Eve beef stew, we don't want to waste the rest of the red wine!!

Barb-I did see your dog treat recipe thank you for posting it
Whitney- Happy belated birthday
That is about all I have caught up on yet! I have a lot of reading to do.

I'll join you all on doing TO Tues/Wed as well.

Have a Safe and Great New Year's !

Krystal
klkoppes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:16 PM   #914  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Happy New Years!!!!

I pray that you all have a safe and prosperous year!

We are looking forward to the new year and hoping that things continue in a positive direction.

I was on the Red Plan before and was stalling because it was too much food and that was with the same amount of exercise, of course at that time I was doing the Red plan with lites. I don't know what the problem is, but I think I am going to have to try and figure it out without the help of the COD.

I will chat with all of you tomorrow.
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 05:59 PM   #915  
FBD/8-18-08

Happy New Years Eve Everyone!!!

Heard from ODS this morning at 1:15 and he's soooo excited and pumped up! He's been sleeping on the floor in a different room because his "room mate" came down with strep. and even so, he just doesn't care! He's been in classes (about 5/day) since Thur. night and he's been taking notes to share with me!!! (Okay, did you hear my heart flutter?!?) We talked for almost 30 min. and they left KC this morning around 9a.m., driving until and getting rooms and arriving here tomorrow sometime. This was truly a life changing experience for him and I'm so glad I listed to God and made a way for him to go!
Finally emailed the lady about the Gazelle to make arrangements for pickup. It's a sacrifice right now, but I decided it's on I have to make for ME! DH is behind me all the way!
Speaking of DH, he's napping here in the lazyboy, YDS is napping in his room, and Digger and Rex are napping at my feet! It's nice and quiet (for now!) YDS and I bought some sparkling apple juice yesterday for our 12:01 celebration tonight. (I know, get a life!) At least we'll be celebrating!
I've been taking a really hard look at myself the last couple of days and wondering what happened to me! We've been off plan for the last week, taking a break and when I say off plan - can you say white chocolate macadamia coconut fudge, sausage balls, triple chocolate cheesecake, hot wings, and ham everymorning for breakfast? Well, we haven't been stuffing ourselves like we would have a year ago, but we have pretty much eaten what we wanted when we wanted. So anyway, about Wed. DH and I realized that if we didn't get a salad, we would go stark raving mad!!! All of a sudden, we were craving greens, salad, brocolli, H2O... WHAT THE HECK?!?! So I'm saying to myself, "Self, where is Pearl? What have you done with her?!?"
That's when we realized -- WE DID IT!!! We changed our eating LIFESTYLE!!! It is no longer sweets, desserts, salt, sodas, chips, etc. It's fresh salads and veggies, water, tuna salad, fish, chicken, and turkey! WE DID IT!!! Those things are the NORM for us now and all the other JUNK is the abnorm!!!

I know I'm not the only one out here experiencing this! Maybe some of you just haven't gone that far off to realize the change! This is a MAJOR NSV!!!
By the "weigh" only gained 7 pounds over the 10 days and I'm sure much of that is from the ham (did I mention every day?!?)

My New Years Eve prayer for each of us:
I speak blessing in the New Year for love and peace to be bountiful in our homes and on our jobs. I speak prosperity to be in whatever tasks we put our hands to. I speak wisdom and clarity in our decision making, solidity in our relationships full of grace and mercy, and I pray we will be surrounded by those we love and who love us and that none of us will take that for granted!
And of course, I call us healthy and empowered, able to withstand whatever temptations come our way and successful in our weight loss endeavors!

Thanks to each of you for being a part of my life in 2006. I am honored to be a part of this group and blessed to have you for my friends!
Happy New Years Eve!
Hugs,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote