Old 12-04-2006, 11:38 AM   #76  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Morning Ladies
Cassi.. what a mess and what a trooper. You will get Onederland as a reward me thinks! Way to hang in there and stay positive.
Well we braved the cold and headed to Buffalo yesterday. We went on a bus trip with friends and there was nothing but beer, Bailey's and burgers all day. I decided I was just going to have fun and not worry about it all for one day. Everyone deserves a day off. But I only had one burger, went light on condiments etc. Can't say the same for the beer But after being in class last week and taking care of all the details a mommy does I decided to just say what the heck and enjoyed myself. Don't seem to be too much up the scale at home and will be back POP today and trying to set a record for sucking lemon water LOL I'll have to plant a lemon tree in my yard. There's more of those in the fridge than anything else!
Off to make some lunch for the girls but look forward to hearing all of your antics and anecdotes this week!!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:39 PM   #77  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Lea Ann - what the heck is Hot Damn??
Cassi - I'll look for that Morning Blend later this week.
Did anyone have a "superawesometastic" weigh in this morning (saw that word on HG website and just had to use it)? I'm actually down 2.5 lbs from Friday (1.5 from Saturday). Big losses like this rarely stick with me though, so I'm not keeping my hopes up!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 01:48 PM   #78  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Kristen - sounds like you had fun! Hey, life goes on!
Nicole - another beautiful child......thanks for sharing your family with us.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:14 PM   #79  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Joni - I said in my post that you should lose 10 lbs based on what you accomplished yesterday - looks like I was not too far off!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:46 PM   #80  
Lara on LAWL

S/C/G: 176.8/176.8/140

Default Dangit!

I weighed in before I even ate lunch and I was up almost a pound. That sucks, but I know it is my own fault. I need to get up and get moving and get all of my waters in. I wanted to get to my first 10# mark this week. I need to put in some extra effort!
Joni! Congrats to you! You deserve it!

~Lara
Miss Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 02:50 PM   #81  
Lara on LAWL

S/C/G: 176.8/176.8/140

Oh, yeah! And Kristen...do you find that Lemon water really helps? I keep meaning to get into it, but I always forget.
Miss Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:14 PM   #82  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I just ate a chocolate covered cherry. What the heck is up with me???? It was pretty darn good too. Maybe I better feed the rest of them to the kids, or put them down the garbage disposal or something. Seems that the challenge is not really working out for me.......LOL.......but Joni.......hooray for you!!! Maybe it is all of the positive thinking that is helping for you. Send some of that sh** my way, eh? You are getting REALLY close to your goal. That's so cool!!! Keep up the good work. I will touch base with everyone later.......for now I have to finish decorating my mantels. My tree......and that is some story.........is trying to get de-iced in my garage More later my chickies Here's to a POP day for everyone who has been on track so far today, and a rest of a POP day for the slackers (ME)!!!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:16 PM   #83  
Post-Master

hey, did you all know that you can spell mantel, either mantel or mantle???

I am a bit of a geek, and I am CONSTANTLY looking up how to spell words......
Old 12-04-2006, 03:37 PM   #84  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Chickies.

Just dropping in to say a quick "hey" to everyone.

Pearl - Strong coffee and a banana at breakfast will make me go.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 03:57 PM   #85  
Post-Master

Cassi.........I just got off the phone with my mom.......and we were discussing your peppermint bark......and I think I am going to have to make it for my mom and sissy. It really sounds heavenly!!! I am so sorry to hear about your kitchen obstacle. You seem to be taking it better than I would...but then again, what choice do you really have, right?

So, I was wondering...........if I donate blood (which I am tonight, for a blood drive at my girls school), do I get to eat a yummy cookie and juice? I have not donated in a such a long time. I think I was pregnant and breast feeding for too many years in a row!!! Anyway, they really want you to have a sugary snack after donating........so, do I eat the cookie, or do I pack and apple???? Any advice????
Old 12-04-2006, 04:02 PM   #86  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

pack an apple-it's just to raise your blood sugar a little. Any snack will do . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:30 PM   #87  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Hello Ladies
Cassi is going to need a bigger kitchen to fit in all the batches of peppermint bark she is making LOL
Nicole, enjoy the cherry just don't grab any more. Sometimes the exercise we do daily as a mom could total a marathon but there are no direct points for it. Indulge a bit and enjoy then get back on track
Miss Hawthorne I do find the lemon water helps. When I've had a busy weekend or it's been hard to stay OP I usually drink a lot the next day. If I know I'm going to indulge in a few bevvies I also drink a lot of the sour stuff before I go out. I've actually gotten very used to it and enjoy it now so it's not like I have to force the stuff down. You will be sliding into that wedding dress looking stunning so keep at it.
Joni, way to go on hitting 20lbs!!!

If anyone did draw my name for the ornament exchange feel free to send me an ornament made out of Cassi's peppermint bark lol!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:31 PM   #88  
Barb on LAWL

Well T/O did NOTHING! I was exactly the same at WI today as I was Friday. What is wrong with me? I dont understand. I did NOT cheat at all this T/O and followed it!!!!!!!!! I am beginning to think that this is not going to happen........
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:17 PM   #89  
FBD/8-18-08

Barb - your pup sounds like our germ. shep. - he's got a tail that stirs up a breeze! Fortunately, I learned a few years ago to "wire" all ornaments on the tree so they can't be "knocked" off! It's a pain but it works!

Cassi - I have my MIL's recipe somewhere, I'll look for it and PM it to ya. She's known for her homemade candy - and her peanut butter balls are the BOMB! When she's up to it, (she had crippling arthritis in her hands and feet) she makes about 30 different candies for the family and friends to enjoy for Christmas. I'm going over this week to see if I can help her out some with the mixing and cutting etc.

Joni - It's funny you said McD's chicken, cause I had one when we first came on LAWL and I suffered a couple of days too. As you all know, my boys tease and accuse me of being able to poo on demand! I really am rediculously regular! And poor dh is exactly the opposite. In fact, the other night he made the LA tea and I took a smell of it - the next day?... diarhea (sp?) and I jokingly said it was because I smelled his tea! BTW, Crystal lite does have an orange drink, it's kind of like a sugar free tang... I can't say that I liked it... I know NOTHING about drinks, but RC makes a fantastic SF (Splenda) "DietRite Orange soda". You can also use koolaid. or, what about freshly squeezed OJ? Okay, I'm swimming in the deep end here so I'm getting my nose out of you business now... I'm glad you asked what HD was from Lea Ann - I've never heard of it but then again, you don't hear much when you live under a rock! Congrats on the SV!!!

Lea Ann - red hots in cider?!? --- OH MY GOSH, that sounds awesome! I'm going to buy some SF cider this week and try it with the SF cinnamon disk (I'll run them through the food processor).

Miss Hawthorne (Lara)- First, thanks for posting your first name, I always felt like I was posting to a teacher [I know, I know, I was!] and what a lovely name!!!) I gotta be honest, the cabbage and turkey kielbasa was in my humble opinion, AWFUL!!! It was probably the worst thing I've made in the past 20 years! I've never tried the turkey kielbasa before and I wasn't impressed. The consistency in this dish was like solidified baby food formed in a sausage shape. The cabbage was sooooo overcooked it was brown, and it was so sweet from the "dressing" you pour over it to cook in the crockpot that it was sickening! Definitely will NOT post that one!

Nicole - thanks for the info. I'll go there and print it off for dh. By the way, you're the gem!

Carmen - I'm so glad to hear from you! We do the coffee everyday, but no bananas since LAWL!

Juliemarie - You crack me up!!! I love how you just jump in with an answer so matter of factly! What a blessing you are to me!!! I just wanted to tell you! Thanks

Barb - I actually gained on TO the first time!!! I think it was because I didn't get ENOUGH food to keep my body from holding on to what it had! This time, I was a little more forgiving with the steamed plain brocolli and it worked!!! All I know is - this DOES work!!! Every day you are getting healthier, wiser about your choices, and losing weight is a benefit! Hang in there girlfriend!! There are many here that have hit a plateau and I'm sure you'll suddenly find you're off yours soon!

DH was advised on Sat. to increase his fats, that maybe that was the problem. We hardly ever add fat because I always assumed Pam spray was enough or olive oil (we count that!) so, I'll be getting him some almonds to munch on or something... Thanks everyone for the tips... anything at this point to get my man happier and feeling better! (Of course, I have enjoyed teasing him... you know, full of it... a stuffed shirt... his eyes are browner than before...) I just love that man!!!
Hugs and blessings,
Merry Christmas!
PS - we got our tree lights on! I got the boys over there and we prayed over it and when we turned it back on, they worked!!! This is after we checked every bulb, both fuses, and I had just about given up because nothing worked! (DUH!!!) I could have saved a lot of time... again I say... DUH!!!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:23 PM   #90  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi guys!
Just a quick hello to all of my friends. My internet is down at home, so I am sneaking on quick from work. Keep strong girls!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote