Old 12-06-2006, 10:16 AM   #136  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Hi Everyone
Katie I hope you are feeling better too. I see lots of tickers moving and close to Onederland! Congrats to all of you.
Well I literally had to haul myself to COD..the WI make you accountable and terrified of the gain. So I was up two pounds I can deal with being up but what annoys me is that if I go up, I'd like to have had a real indulgence to show for it. Like a pizza the night before, two birthday parties in a row, so sinful dessert as opposed to two days on track with the exception of about 1/2 cup of mashed potato, but I then cancelled my dinner starch to allow for it, I've been drinking the lemon water like it's going out of style. Anyone else concur.. if I gain.. I want a justifiable reason!!!
Okay I'm calm now.. you all know you have to watch me with that ledge after a WI.. the girls at my center cowered in fear, hid under their desks and pulled out mini bottles of mace when I walked to the scale with 'that look'.
I'm off to take the eldest Jillian out shopping as she is home sick today, first cold of the season. She just saw snowflakes outside falling and said "oh mommy it's starting to snow to get ready for Christmas so santa has somewhere soft to land his sled"
Gotta love em..
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:34 AM   #137  
FBD/8-18-08

Kim, has it occurred to you that maybe if you didn't tackle your counselor and stuff manilla folders in their mouths, they might stay on a little longer?!? (just a thought... maybe you could look for flavored VANILLA folders!)

Kim and Cassi, Thanks! I believe you got the idea I was struggling to put into words!

Well, DH is on the treadmill, and I'll be on the keyboard for a while. I've got a huge pot of curly kale on the stove. (YUM!)

Hugs and blessings!
Merry Christmas!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:55 AM   #138  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Kristen - I totally agree that a gain should be justified; but don't fret it; it's only temporary. How cute what Jillian said - what a kind heart she must have!
Quote:
"oh mommy it's starting to snow to get ready for Christmas so santa has somewhere soft to land his sled"
Kim - you have me rolling on the floor with the audition/tacking counselor, etc. Congrats on the 1 lb loss. Lord knows what they would have done if you lost more!!

And where are your ornaments!!!!??? I can see it now; on December 15th I'll be having to send you two a "virtual" ornament. That would be very, very sad!! I know we've still got some time, so I hope your secret pal comes through for both of you.

So far, the "joni challenge" is helping me out; I'm far from perfect, but the scale seems to be moving, so I'm happy with that. Yesterday was my first LA Lite-less day. I survived, but just like the center said, I had some major cravings. I did find one lite hanging around, and I'm going to see how long I last before I give in. Thanks to all of those joining me in the challenge; it's really keeping me focused.

Busy day here too so gotta run. If I missed a personal, know that I think about all of you a lot during the day and hope you are making the best choices for yourself! As always, Cassi, I'm impressed at the levels you take to check menus, talk to your COD about things, etc. Keep inspiring us all!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:59 AM   #139  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Kim-I feel your pain! There was nobody in the center-yet I was MORTIFIED by the WooHooing! I really want a pic of the stick-but I'm not sure how to get it without letting on that I'm making fun of it . . . . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:22 AM   #140  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Tell them it is so you can keep a visual reminder of your success with you at all times - they'll eat it up!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:32 AM   #141  
Let's try this again . .

Hmm-good thinking! I need to lose enough to be worthy of the stick now.

"I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!"
Old 12-06-2006, 11:53 AM   #142  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone!

Well I was on my way to the Asian supermarket in search of the almighty tofu shiritake noodle when I got pulled over by the police for making an illegal u turn and also cutting through a gas station in order to turn a corner. I explained to the officer that it wasn't my fault because the light was stuck (and it really was ), and I had no other alternative. They only gave me a warning! God is sooo good. But as I sat there waiting for them to process me I was thinking, OK Carm, this is the devil trying to keep you away from doing something good for yourself. He wants you all shook up so that you will go straight home, skip the trip to the store for the noodles and have a huge fatty consolation dinner to calm your nerves. Then I resolved that no matter what happened, ticket or not I was going to the market. AND I DID! Went straight there, got my noodles and some broccoli and celery and shrimp and made a delightful stirfry last night. This is a huge NSV for me!!!! I could just kiss myself. I feel the old strength and determination really coming back. For me being OP is fairly easy when everything in my life runs smoothly, but when stressful times arise I usually head straight for the fridge. Boy do I feel great about last night. YAY ME.

Barb - so good to see you. You're looking great! I can commiserate on the turnaround with the COD. I visit mine about once per wk now just for the WI and to get lites if I need them. I just got finished fighting with my COD over a bunch of money they took from me and then they couldn't tell me what it was for ? I called the 800 # and they offered me either a refund or an insane amount of lites. I took the lites. I am so over the COD but I do so like the plan because I know that it works when I work it. Either way chick, keep the faith and know that I've missed seeing you since I've come back.

Katie - I am dying to open my ornament too! I've had it for over a week now and the suspense is killing me. I am a bit worried about the one I sent though because I had delivery confirmation on it and all the post office says is that it was "accepted for shipping," but it's been over a week since I mailed it. I think I had better call them.

To everyone, here's to a POP day! <--water of course
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:17 PM   #143  
Kim - IP 9/10

Carmen - great NSV - now, did you like the noodles after all that? I still haven't bought any, but contemplate it every week.

Quote:
Kim, has it occurred to you that maybe if you didn't tackle your counselor and stuff manilla folders in their mouths, they might stay on a little longer?!? (just a thought... maybe you could look for flavored VANILLA folders!)
Pearl, I cannot find lite vanilla folders, or I would.

Joni - Thanks for the virtual ornament option! I would print it out and hang it on the tree! Still believing that it will come, though.

JM - The COD was full of people when 'stands with fist' was yelling. There is never anyone there, until yesterday. I am now beginning to think that my center is a training center too.

Last edited by Kimphin; 12-06-2006 at 12:27 PM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 12:25 PM   #144  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Hi Kim - I really did like the noodles. They were a little chewy so I guess I could have cooked them some more, but they were really good. That was my first time trying them also. I was really intrigued by all the stuff they had in the asian market. I wanted to try some of the low sodium versions of the sauces they had but I really have no idea what tastes like what. When I have some more time, I am going to look for some Asian recipes and then go wild in that supermarket!
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:17 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 217/215/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimphin View Post
Holy C**p, the WooHoo stick has made it to my COD. They must have all gone to a convention. The couselor let out this war whoop yesterday when I weighed in, I thought she was auditioning to be an extra in "Last of the Mohicans 2". I jumped a mile and immediately shushed her, which led her to yell "you deserve a celebration" - I almost tackled her to the ground and stuffed my folder in her mouth. Good God.
That's hilarious!!! I'll probably do the same if that damn "" stick comes my way.

Don't they realize that you don't want the attention? I mean, that's just plain embarrassing... And what happens if you don't lose? Everyone will know, because you don't get the "" stick. Ohhhh the shame!

I need to kick myself in the butt here. I've been indulging a bit in the wine department. I blame stress. But man...I need to STOP it!
meagain716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:02 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 182/162.5/140

Hello ladies,

Hopefully everyone is great. I am doing pretty good today.

Nothing new or exciting however. I am looking forward to Friday off, even if I can't get my hair done, I can go window shopping!

I will check back later, I have some discipline issues in the office.
2bfit06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:07 PM   #147  
LAWL Member

S/C/G: 214/178/150

Height: 5'1"

Hello all! Iam dying over here....woohoo sticks ....vanilla folders, I can't wait to get one at my center!

WI was fine on Tues. night as I maintained! I was freaking out over a gain....but I am sure to get a loss on Thurs. night, maybe.

We have such a busy weekend planned and I still have all this "stuff" to catch up on before Fri. night......oh well such is life.

My COD is having another special this week....come in 3 times and you get a $10 store credit! I got $20 for enlisting friends, $10 for signing up that I still have and I will get this $10 too! How much are the cookbooks? I just might get it for myself before Christmas.....We are also still having a special sale for the LA Lites this week. I told them they were going sticker happy and they say it is to keep everyone motivated through the holidays.....I just want a woo hoo stick! And maybe a vanilla folder, or would that be a starch?
MickeySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:21 PM   #148  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi girls! Wow, you guys are funny today. Love the war cry.

Carm- Good for you lady. That is just the kind of experiences you need to get your confidence up and running again. Good job!

JM- Just tell them that the picture of the stick is for motivation to hang above your scale at home. I have not been back to the Dr for a while. They never have much advice for fibro. I am thinking about trying a homeopath.

Cassie- I have wondered about going back to home care too. The owner asked me to sign a no competition agreement when I took this job. The crazy thing is, he just typed our financial agreement and incuded a section on no competion for 2 years or 20 miles, but he never printed it, so I never actually signed it or recieved a copy of it. My sister says that she thinks that it is illegal to make employees sign one anyway, so I don't know if he could really hold me to it. He also wanted me to agree that if I were to ever quit, that I would give him 3 months notice. Crazy, huh?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:59 PM   #149  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Choclablover Isn’t it a great feeling when you see a loss like that. I bet your clothes are falling off of you being down almost 20 inches.

Barb316 thanks I’m trying to be more faithful to this board again. It’s nice to get to know more people. Keep making the good choices you will be happier when you do. But I can relate to feeling frustrated at times. You sound like your keeping a good attitude and realize if you make a bad choice just move on. Keep up the good work.

Pearl I call the ½ fudge and cookies will power, as I would have wanted to eat the full bag.

Nancy your caroling sounds like fun. Glad you got some compliments along the way.

KrispieD sorry to hear about your small gain, but I’m sure you’ll have it off by your next WI try not to stress over it. It could have just been from water retention.

Lottame glad to read you threw the rest of the bar away you don’t want that temptation around. Glad the challenge is helping you and your able to see your scale move in the right direction.

Bizlawchik sounds like your doing the right thing by planning on what you’re going to have. Just try and stick to plan and enjoy your parties. Let us know how you do.

Carmen that sucks that you got stopped, but really happy to hear you didn’t get a ticket and that you were still able to go to the market. Thanks for the compliment. Glad to hear the COD straighten out the money they charged you. It’s nice to see you posting also.

2bfit06 enjoy your Friday off and being pampered.

Michelle here’s to racking up those store credits for some goodies. Enjoy your busy weekend.

Katie hope your feeling a little better today. You don’t want to be sick over the holidays.

Well guys my lunch is over, but I wanted to try and get caught up on some personals. I’m happy I have nothing to do this evening, but relax. Have a great evening.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:40 PM   #150  
Let's try this again . .

Good afternoon ladies!

Had my homestudy yesterday . . .click on my blog below if you'd like to see how things are going.