Old 11-08-2006, 08:57 AM   #16  
Holly on LAWL

S/C/G: 148/143/124

Height: 5'4"

Joni,

My DH found this shake in the regular grocery store. We have Kroger's here in Cincinnati. The name on it is Carb Solutions. I can look up the manufaturer when I get home.

I tend to bing if I have too much sugar so I need to keep away from it at all costs! The LA shakes and the slim fast shakes all have a ton of sugar in them so I look around for good subs when I am working out. Some of the other ones I use are Arie Women's Protien that I find at Trader Joe's and a No Sugar Added Whey Protein Shake at GNC. They never have more than 110 calories per serving and are packed with muscle building protien. I found that if I did not have something in my stomach when I wake up to work out I feel really sick especially after I take my vitamin and suppliments. I am a vegetarian so my protien choices are always on the low side calorie wise. I just added it and I don't count it as any of my exchanges. I only do it if I am working out which is 4-5 days a week. I have not noticed a stall in my weight loss. I have shared this information with my COD and they did not even suggest that I count it as anything. I am not recommending that anyone alter the plan because the plan does work and I am by no means a nutritionist. I just had to listen to my body and my body was begging for more fuel!!!

I track my calories in Fitday and I count and measure everything very carefully. If I were to skip the Shakes before my workout I would be coming in at like 1000 calories. That is what most people during TO are getting and not enough food for me to continue for any amount of time.
holly321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:00 AM   #17  
Holly on LAWL

11/8 Purple No Lites

Preworkout: Carb Solutions Shake
Breakfast(1/2D;1S): 1/2 cup 8th Continent Light Vanilla 3/4 Cup TJ's Organic High Fiber O's
Snack AM(1/2D;1Fr): Apple and Lowfat Cheese Stix
Lunch(2V;1P): Large green salad w/roasted Red Peppers and 6 oz. Canned Salmon and Wishbone Salad Spritzer
Snack PM(1Fr): Apple
Dinner (3 Condiment;1P;2V): 1 Cup Vegetarian Chili served over 1 bag House Foods Shirataki Noodles with 1 tsp Low fat SC
Snack PM (1Fr;1S;1Fa): Pear, 1 Serving TJ's Better N Peanut Butter(I count this as a starch b/c there is hardly any fat and more carbs than protien), 7 Almonds

Evening Treat: Large Mug of Stash Vanillia Nut Decaf Tea with 1 Pkt. Stevia to sweeten
Old 11-09-2006, 08:51 AM   #18  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Holly - thanks for the info. The interesting thing here is that LAWL ups your food exchanges if you work out any significant amount, so every day you are getting a little more food. I think it makes more sense to have your protein shake only on those days that you work out vs eating something every day. When I tried the Body for Life program, I used an EAS shake that is loaded with protein and only 110 cals; so much better for you than LA Slims or some of the Slimfasts (at least the label makes me think it's better for me!).
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:57 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Thurs 11/9 (Purple w/Lites)

B - 6oz FF Plain Yogurt w/ 3/4c blackberries (D,Fr)

L- 2 veggie burgers in 1 LaTortilla Factory tortilla (P,S)
3c lettuce w/Salad Spritzer (V)
6 baby carrots (V)

S - LA Frappucino (Thanks for that one!)
1c cantaloupe (Fr)

D - Applebees tilapia w/mango salsa (P,S,Fr,V)

S - LA Lite

(I know I'm missing a fat, but in case I have an extra bite or two at Applebees, I'm saving that)
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:04 AM   #20  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

11/8 (Gold w/Lites)

B - 3/4c Steel Cut Oats w/ sliced apples (S,Fr, 1/2D)
(this was my second attempt at SCO - still yucky and it took me 45 minutes to prepare!)

S - Lite

L - Salad, 4 oz cooked chicken, 1 oz shredded cheddar lo-fat cheese, salad spritzer (2V, 1P, 1/2D)

S - LA Slim w/raspberries (P,S, F) - it's going to be in the 70s today; this is my favorite raspberry shake before a killer gym class workout

D - Chick Filet side salad and fruit cup (V,F)

S - LA Lite
Old 11-09-2006, 10:29 AM   #21  
Holly on LAWL

11/9 Purple No Lites

We went to Chipotle last night for dinner so I am having my Chili over Shirataki noodles for dinner tonight! I just put in what I had for dinner last night here so it wouldn't have been a repeat. I was so proud of myself because I managed to stay POP. It was not as hard as I thought it would be to pass over a huge dollop of their yummy guac!!! I love that stuff!!!

I did not get up early to work out this morning so I also skipped the Protein Shake.

Breakfast(1/2D;1S): 1/2 cup 8th Continent Light Vanilla 3/4 Cup TJ's Organic High Fiber O's
Snack AM(1/2D;1Fr): Apple and Dannon Light and Fit (small 60 cals)
Lunch(2V;1P): Large green salad w/roasted Red Peppers and 6 oz. Canned Salmon and Wishbone Salad Spritzer
Dinner (1P;2V): Chipotle Salad with Double BB, Single Fajita Veggies and Double Mild Salsa
Snack PM (1Fr;1S;1Fa): Pear, 1 Serving TJ's Better N Peanut Butter(I count this as a starch b/c there is hardly any fat and more carbs than protien), 7 Almonds

Evening Treat: Large Mug of Stash Vanillia Nut Decaf Tea with 1 Pkt. Stevia to sweeten
Old 11-10-2006, 08:56 AM   #22  
Holly on LAWL

11/10 Purple No Lites

I need to get some more variety in here for dinner but we still have left over Chili!!!

Preworkout: Carb Solutions Shake

Breakfast(1/2D;1S):1/2 cup 8th Continent Soy 3/4 Cup TJ's O's
Snack AM(1/2D;1Fr):Cheese Stix, Apple

Lunch(2V;1P): Client Lunch Large Green Salad with Grilled Fish???

Dinner(1P;3Condiment;2V): 1 Cup Chili served over 1 Pkg Shiritaki Noodles topped with Chopped Onions and 1 tsp Light Sour Cream.

Snack PM(1S;1Fr:1Fa): 1/2 Cup Sugar Free Fat Free Ice Cream, Apple, 7 Almonds

Evening Treat: Large Mug Stach Vanilla Caramel Decaf Tea sweetened with Stevia
Old 11-10-2006, 09:26 AM   #23  

11/10 (Purple w/Lites)
Still under construction with no kitchen!

B - 6oz ff plain yogurt w/ 3/4c blackberries (D,Fr)

S - 1c cantaloupe (Fr)

L - Baja Fresh - Shrimp Ensalad w/FF Pico (P,V,V,V)

S - LA Shake
1/2 banana (Fr)

D - Subway - 6" Roasted Chicken Sub (P,S,S,V)
15 pistachios (Fa)
Lettuce w/Salad Spritzer (V)
I know I'm going over by a veggie, but hey, it's lettuce! I know I didn't get fat eating lettuce, so I'm going for it.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:47 AM   #24  
Holly on LAWL

11/11 Purple No Lites

I told DH he is taking me out to Don Pablos for dinner!!!! I know it seems kind of wierd but to keep from eating the tortilla chips I have them bring extra salsa and make sure the chips are no where near me!!! Then I have a couple of bites of the salsa with out chips. Kinda weird I know but it keeps me from eating those chips!!!!

Breakfast(1/2D;1S): 1/2 Cup 8th Continent Light Vanilla Soymilk, 3/4 Cup TJ's Honey Grahm Squares.

Snack AM(1/2D;1Fr): Cheese Stix and Apple

Lunch(2V;1P): Large Green Salad with onions and roasted red peppers and Canned Salmon with Wishbone Salad Sprizer

Snack PM(1Fr): Pear

Dinner(2 Condiment;2V;1P): Don Pablos Grilled Maui Maui Fajitas with sauce on side. Fajita veggies prepared without oil or butter. Lettus Wraps to replace tortillas and salsa, and 1 tsp. sour cream to season.

Snack PM(1S;1Fr;1Fa): 2 Tbs. TJ's Betten N Peanut Butter, 1 piece fruit, and 7 almonds.

Evening Treat: Large Mug Flavored Tea sweetened with Stevia
Old 11-12-2006, 10:47 AM   #25  
Holly on LAWL

11/12 Purple No Lites

Don Pablos was not a complete diet wreck last night. I was able to stick to not having any chips but they did drench my Fajita veggies in oil so I just ended up skipping them all together. I hate sending food back because I am paranoind I might get some "extra special sauce". I ended up just eating the grilled Mahi in lettus wraps with pleanty of salsa to season. I did have a couple of Miller Lights so I did not stay POP. I just skipped my eveing snack and that kept my calories in line. I must say, the Miller Lights were totally worth it!!!!

Here is today's menu:

Breakfast(1/2D;1S): 1/2 Cup 8th Continent Light Vanilla Soymilk with 3/4 Cup TJ's O's

Snack AM(1/2D;1Fr): Dannon Light and Fit and Apple

Lunch(2V;1P;1C):Egg White Omelette with peppers, onions and broc and asparagus and 1 Tbs Parm Cheese

Snack PM(1Fr):Pear

Dinner(2C;1P;2V): Large Green Salad, Hungry Girl Chili served over 1 Pkg. Shirataki Noodles topped with Onions, hot sauce and 1 Tbs. Light Sour Cream.

Snack PM(1Fr;1S;1Fa): Apple, 2 Tbs. TJ's Better N Peanut Butter, 7 Almonds

Evening Treat: Herbal Tea
Old 11-13-2006, 08:49 AM   #26  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Holly - you did great; Mexican is the hardest for me to work with! I eat a homemade taco salad and love it, but the chips at the restaurant kill me and even if they are on the other side of the table, I will get up to go get them. Don't even get me going on the salt I have to add to the chips. And Miller Lite (1 starch) is wayyyyyyyyy better than a big ole frozen margarita!
Old 11-13-2006, 08:52 AM   #27  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Monday, Nov 13 (Gold with Lites)

Okay, I'm doing Take Off! If company shows up early, it may only be a one day TO....

B - 8 oz juice
1/2 C egg beaters

S - Lite, 8 oz juice

L - 8 oz juice
1/2 C egg beaters
lettuce salad (can I spritz a little dressing on this??)

S - Lite

D - 8 oz juice
1/2 C egg beaters
lettuce salad
Old 11-13-2006, 12:36 PM   #28  
Holly on LAWL

Joni, The mexican on Sat night did not do me in. The sweets craving yesterday b/c TOM totally did me in. I have never done the TO but I think I might have to after I totally blew it yesterday on sweets!!!
Can you have condiments during TO? I don't think a 10 Calorie salad spritzer is going to hurt.

11/13 Purple No Lites

Snack AM(1/2D;1Fr): Apple and Lowfat Cheese Stick
Dinner (3 Condiment;1P;2V): Veggie Stir Fry Seasoned with 1/4 cup TJ's Picatta Sauce and served over 1 Pkg. Shirataki noodles

Old 11-13-2006, 01:15 PM   #29  

11/13 (Purple w/Lites)

Still working with no kitchen...

B - 6oz plain ff yogurt w/ 3/4c blueberries (D,Fr)

S - 1 pkg Nature Valley apple chips (Fr)

L - 2 veggie burgers in 1/2 8" ww pita (P,S)
3c lettuce w/Salad Spritzer (V,C)
6 baby carrots (V)
2T raisins (Fr)

S - LA Choc. Shake

D - Beef O'Bradys (Sports Bar)
Santa Fe Chicken Salad (P,S.Fa,V,V,C,C)

S - LA Lite
Old 11-13-2006, 03:09 PM   #30  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

My book doesn't say anything about condiments during Take Off, but I went ahead and did a few spritzes of the dressing. LOL - I had never used this before and I think half of it spritzed on my counter.