Old 04-17-2006, 04:22 PM   #91  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Absolutely not...carbs are not my friends
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 04:50 PM   #92  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 152/147/120

Just wish I could keep it off! I am such a compulsive overeater!!! My first day of TO has went pretty well except that I am STARVING!!! Thanks for the welcome back!
love2eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:01 PM   #93  
Princess Heather

Ok I am hungry this afternoon on day one of TO, but it's probably my own fault. I ate lunch then had to run to the daycare to pick up DFS and then I have been home the rest of the day and just haven't eaten. So it is my own fault! Dinner tonight and then one more day of TO......but think of all those pounds that are sliding off! Go away pounds...go away! Hang in there chickies! Maybe once we start on the shake portion of this we could post our menus...just a thought to provide more support!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:09 PM   #94  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 152/147/120

I am not doing the LA lite bars b/c they are so expensive. I have heard you guys talking about alternatives? Got any suggestions? If I decide not to do the bars, do I need to add any exchanges in each day?

Last edited by love2eat; 04-17-2006 at 05:24 PM.
love2eat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:36 PM   #95  

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2eat
I am not doing the LA lite bars b/c they are so expensive. I have heard you guys talking about alternatives? Got any suggestions? If I decide not to do the bars, do I need to add any exchanges in each day?
I do the Kashi Go Lean Crunchy squares. They are not the regular go-lean bars, but "crunchy" is how kashi distinguishes them. You can check them out on the kashi website -- they are really comparable to the lites and I think more filling. The flavors I've had are really good, too. I find them in the health food section of Stop and Shop (my local grocery store) and they've been on sale for 4/$5, which makes them $1.25 a pop (much cheaper than lites).
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:40 PM   #96  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Milca said: Note appart:---((I think is like when you eat allways the same food and then you start adding variety to your diet, your body start burning more calories?? b/c is a different food, can somebody help me on this one, please? ))

Milca--this is EXACTLY what my COD has been telling me because I am a terrible creature of habit and need change often to make my body burn more. I didn't want to agree but I think it's proven itself with me!

My favorite counselor also recommended pouring the shake over ice in the blender to make it more filling until I "feel full" from it and it definitely works with the regular shake. She also told me to try having it for dinner so I am tapering off of food in the evening and save a veggie and fruit to snack on later. So, when possible, I will try it for dinner--when we have other plans I will have it at other times.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:50 PM   #97  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

I know this is probably a "duh" statement, but if you use your crushed iced from your fridge when you put them in the blender, it comes out better. For a week or so when I was on a smoothie kick I finally was like "why am I putting ice cubes in when I could crush them and make it easier on my 20 year old blender?"
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:07 PM   #98  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh, I wish I had a fridge that does that. I put about 8 ice cubes in my shake, and blend it up in my smoothie machine. It makes about 20 oz of shake to enjoy, which is great for me.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:22 PM   #99  

One more quick question: Do you guys measure your salad dressings? I have been using Ken's Steak House Rasberry Pecan (FF) and it has 50 calories per 2 tablespoons! I had no idea! My other favorite: Sundried Tomato Vinaigrette 70 calories per 2 tbsp!!!
And I have just been pouring it on!!!!
I love salad and to be honest, I love RANCH but found these and liked them, and now see that maybe I need to continue a search for good low calorie ff dressing (is there such a thing??)
stacyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:28 PM   #100  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Walden Farms makes dressings that are fat, sugar, carb, calorie, EVERYTHING free except the sodium. I found them at United but haven't had the nerve to try them. There are a lot of flavors to choose from. When I try it I will let ya'll know. I am afraid they may be taste free too! When I eat regular dressing I have a lot less than if it was reduced and my COD said to just count it as my fat.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:00 PM   #101  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

You can also just put the shake in its little container there in the freezer for awhile and then its thick and mushy like melted ice cream, very good! I had that today cos I had no time for lunch.
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:53 PM   #102  
I want a smaller wardrobe

S/C/G: 195.2/151/144

I did good on Day 1 of TO today using the oranges. I am so used to eating grapes and apples on the regular program and I think that made the oranges a refreshing change. I am so pumped to watch these pounds drop off with this challenge. I want to make sure I am doing the same plan as you all. I am understanding that we are doing 2 days TO, 10 days of replacing 1S and 1P with a slim-down or slim-fast high protein (or low-carb) shake, and then 2 days regular OP eating, and then repeating this process 2 more times. Is this right?
merem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:12 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 190/175/140

Hi challenge friends
Ok day 1 has gone ok I am not doing take off but I did do a LA replacement meal then this afternoon I found the sf low carb shakes and purchased some of them. I will have one tomorrow. I have to go to a seminar and I hope they have someplace close by where I can get a salad. Went to wi today and I am up 2 pounds after this weekend. I hope part of it is water weight. I am not going to move my tickler until Wed when I weigh in again. I hope to be back down to pre weekend weight. Goodluck everyone.
lak_55119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:03 PM   #104  

Height: 5'0"

Ok ladies ~ Leaving for my vacation in 7 days. I'm going to do TO tuesday and wednesday. I'm going to do the shakes for the remaining 5 days. When I get back from vacation (depending on how much weight I gained) I'll either do TO again then start the challenge with the rest of you, or I'll just continue with the shakes replacing 1P & 1S for the remaining days until it is time to do TO again
wp95jma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:05 AM   #105  
PurpleSunshine

well chickies - I posted on the other thread - but I'm going to join you ladies next monday - I'm going on an anniversary trip this weekend, so I don't want to mess up a good thing. I bought my shakes yesterday so I will get my juice or oranges this week/end sometime. Are most of you doing the unlimited TO or limited? I found that I do better with the unlimited w/ juice? I guess I will just have to make the choice for myself....
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote