Old 02-22-2006, 08:55 AM   #781  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

Good morning! Congrats to all you TO'ers, you are doing great. One day down one more to go. I had a lemon poppyseed muffin this morning with a light vanilla glaze . I made these to take to my parents house cause my dad loves anything lemon.Mom cant eat them shes diabetic. I take care of her so I go there everyday, 7 days a week. I only get 2 sundays off a month. Anyways ,I broke down and had one.They smelled so good ! I knew I would!! Oh well, I am counting it as 2 starches and my fat. The muffin was about 200 calories and 6 grams of fat.Do you all think I counted it right?
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 09:28 AM   #782  

Leah -- congrats on your decade change -- I too have been in the 150s for a long time -- can't wait to be in the 140s. WAY TO GO!

Heather -- I too am an avid scrapbooker! It is the one thing that I do just for me. I LOVE IT! We don't have any scrapbook stores here, so I am stuck buying my stuff at Michaels and AC Moore -- but I do get a lot online when I get the chance. I would love to get in on the swapping of page ideas!

Mary, great job on the 4lb loss -- what an accomplishment! You should be hugely proud of yourself!

Angelica, don't beat yourself up -- at least you only had one! Me, I would have had one, figured I'd blown it, and eaten the whole batch. You're doing the right thing to count it and I'm sure you will be fine.

Just finished working out, gotta hit the showers, cuz I DO STINK!

Christie
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 09:31 AM   #783  
PurpleSunshine

Angelica - Sounds right to me about counting the muffin - but maybe some of the pros can give their opinion as well!!! You go girl - 58 lbs!!! That is absolutely wonderful!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 09:39 AM   #784  
PurpleSunshine

Christie - I get ALOT of my stuff from Michaels and AC Moore as well - but it is so great to go to the stores that carry the higher end lines of paper and embellishments - I just love it!!!! yes, I truly enjoy it b/c it is something I enjoy just for myself. Plus, it is something my daughter can treasure for her entire life - she already loves looking through her album...I've so far behind...I'm almost finished with her 1 year album which will be her baby book!! Let me know if you're interested in that coupon as well - you only have to spend 10 to get $10 free - so you really don't have to spend any money at all!!!! next I'm going to catch up on her second year and start an ALL About Me album. I want her to have something just in case anything happens to me - I wish I had that for my Mom -
Congrats on the workout!!!

Mary - congrats on the wonderful loss - that is great motivation for the kid's party!!

Speaking of Kid's parties - while I was in the store the other day I took Savannah and laid out Dora, Elmo, My Little Pony, S. Shortcake and care bear plates to see what she would choose. She choose Dora, Elmo, S. Shortcake the first time - so then I laid those 3 out 3 more times and she picked Elmo every time - looks like I will be doing Elmo for her birthday. I'm going to take her to the party store again this weekend and make sure that is the winner!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 09:47 AM   #785  
1dayatatime(on LAWL)

S/C/G: 262/182/160

Thanks stiesta and purplepirate!! I will just count it like I said . If it sounds right to all three of us it must be right! Thanks for the congrats on my loss. I feel I have done ok, I took 2 weeks off so I could have lost more but I figured I have worked this hard and it came off so fast its not going to hurt me to maintain awhile,So I did. You know, I was watching the program on the discovery channel the other night and it was about big people.This man on here weighed 780 pounds and he was bed pound on his left side.He couldnt even roll over on his own and when he was moved on his back he couldnt breathe,he had bed sores all over.He was put into a nursing home/reabilitation center for morbid obese people.I just cried. It was sooooooooo sad and heartbreaking!!!I just wanted to crawl through the tv and give him a hug.Let me tell you after watching this program I should never feel like I am fat or anything. I should be grateful I only have 20 something pounds to lose.My 82 pounds was easy compared to the battle he has in front of him.I should never complain again!!! Can you imagine being that big? Well the really sad part was that towards the end of the show he died. I was in the bathroom so I missed why but I bet it was heartattack.I felt soo bad for his family. It just made me realize how lucky we all are to be the weight we are and at least healthy.50 pounds or 70 pounds overweight isnt nothing compaired to 400-600 pounds!!!Anyway, Ill shut up now, I just had to tell you all about the show.
angelica1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:28 AM   #786  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone-

Thank you soooo much for all the support... you are the best!!!

I must say I was surprised mostly by the voracity of my sugar binge.
I have been downright saintly throughout this process - made it through Christmas parties/New Year's/ Valentines Day...etc.
I was under the false impression that I had the nasty little 'out of control' monster in check.

Good wake up call for me, best to keep temptations out of the house. My SIL introduced me to the meringue nests - so innocent - just egg whites and sugar....LOTS OF SUGAR!! Best left on the store shelf from now on.

All you TO participants are doing great - best wishes getting through today!

-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:40 AM   #787  
Missing Ohio

Default Day 2 of TO

I caved last night at 10:15pm and had an extra LA Lite. I was so hungry. Wasn't hungry earlier in the day but couldn't stand it last night. I felt so guilty after I ate it though and remembered what Bob Green said. That, when you have that intense hunger your body can really lose weight. I'll remember that tonight.

Welcome newbies, congrats to the losers and maintainers.

later - gonna go find something else to do besides exercise.
LadyIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:48 AM   #788  

Angelica -- I've seen that program on the Discovery Channel -- it totally got to me, too. Seriously - things for us could be so much worse. I love watching anything diet/weight loss related. The other night I got sucked into MTV's "Fat Camp" which was a 2-hr doumentary about overweight teens trying to lose weight at a fat camp. It made me grateful that I have this healthy attitude now, so I can teach my kids, and hopefully help them avoid being overweight later in life. Sure wish my mom would have done that for me. My house growing up was stocked to the hilt with Doritos, cookies, candy bars -- you name it. But I count my blessings that I know what to do now, and am doing it!

Christie
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:06 AM   #789  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Thanks Heather I missed you also. I've never scrapped but I've seen some nice work by others. My daughter went to a party when she was pregnant and bought some stuff. Only did a couple pages and it has sat since. Her daughter is now 5 Maybe one day I will take it and go to a couple classes to work on it for her.

I have done well these past two days and tried what the center suggested about not having any starch with my dinner and it has worked out ok. First I was really stressed about losing the one starch, but once explained of trying to use it for breakfast, lunch or a snack and leaving it out of my dinner meal for some reason that made since and I'm ok with it no. I'm hoping today to WI and have lost the 1.2 I gained on Mon and hopefully more. I'm excited to be getting measured again. I tried on another long dress yesterday, that used to be to tight in my hips and stomach and it fits I'll let you know how I do later.

Hope the rest of you have a great day and for the ones on TO good luck on your second day!

Last edited by Gamababa3; 02-22-2006 at 11:12 AM.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:10 AM   #790  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sznn
Hi Everybody,

I just had a meltdown today - not sure why???
I ate 4 chocolate truffles + 6 meringue shells
SUGAR BINGE!!!!!

Don't know what happened, my willpower just caved in after 16 wks.
Need a little boost from my fellow LAWL chicks.
Thanks,
-S
So you caved in, I think most of us here have caved at times. Don't beat yourself up just jump back on the wagon with us.
You can do it
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:23 AM   #791  

Just have to add...to the temptations of sweets in the house. If it's here, I want to have some, but if I take the time to control myself and substitute the craving with something else I'm fine. For me, it's about taking the time to think about what I could substitute for that craving that would be OP. The recipes on the thread have helped me a lot because y'all have given me great ideas with seasoning things etc.

I need some more lunch ideas....What are y'all having?
Leah AU mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:24 AM   #792  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hey Leah. I'm on TO day 2, and I am having grilled fish on top of spinach leaves.
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:30 AM   #793  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning all!!
I am on day two of TO, and still going strong. Since I put my scale away for a couple of weeks, I can't report what my loss is, but judging by the # of times I have been in the bathroom, I would say that it is all good. I am hoping for a great loss when I go into the center next week for WI, but since I have been exercising so much, it may not be that great. I will get measured then, however, and that is where I am looking for some results.

Heather- That great that you scrapbook, I have been so pathetic with stuff like that. None of my kids even have a baby book. Glad you are doing so well!

Okay, I need some advice. When I started LAWL, my parents did too. My mom has had a gastric bypass a couple of years ago, lost 90 lbs, and hit a brick wall. LAWL did not work for her, since she just cannot eat enough food a day, even on the green plan. She sold her plan to my sister. My dad went great guns when he started, staying OP,and lost about 35 lbs. My sis had a slower start, but still had lost about 15 by Christmas. Anyway, at Christmas, they all just fell off the wagon, and never got back on. My dad had ear surgery right after Christmas, and has not felt that great for a while since. They are both steadily gaining all of their weight back. Everytime I see them they are eating things that are not good for them. I have tried to encourage them to jump back on with me. I just don't want to sound preachy or pushy. I hate it when people do that to me. Also, it seems like some of my family members are feeling a little weird about my loss, I don't know if you can call it jealousy, or what. I am just sick about them giving up, and I know that they could get back with it and start losing like crazy again. I don't know if I should have a heart to heart with them, or just leave them alone. I have tried to get my sis onto 3FC for some support, she even has a user name and has lurked a little, but never posted. She does not have a computer at home. I am thinking about getting a new one soon, and giving her mine. Anyway, they just returned from a trip to Florida, and said that they were going to really hit the diet hard when they got home. Would it be wrong to call my dad today and remind him to head into the center? I just don't know what to do about this. I want to inspire them, but not offend them. Any thoughts?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:46 AM   #794  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Deets - I'm so glad you got the new cookbook. I think it's really worth the money because it's filled w/ new ideas (although It sounds like they made a few changes from the one I saw).
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:49 AM   #795  
Choc Thunder

S/C/G: 256/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Katie - I really feel that the best inspiration you can give them is to keep being a great example to follow, and to let them know that you are there for them whenever they need support, tips, etc. We all know that no one can lose this weight for us BUT us, and we can't even do that until we are really ready to do so within ourselves. When we reach that point when we know we are ready, we follow plan, and we lose. A great support system in the form of a DD/DS like you is a HUGE and invaluable bonus.

With that said...about reminding your DF to get it in gear and to go to the center, I don't think it would be rude of you to remind him to go, or maybe just give him a call and ask how it went at the center. That way, you wouldn't be reminding him to do anything, just asking about how it went when he did what he said he would do in the first place. Just a little on the side, but hey, whatever works. Also, the fact that he even mentioned going back to the center is a great sign that there is still a glimmer of hope in his eyes. Good luck, and keep us posted!
Chklithunder is offline   Reply With Quote