3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers & Friends - January 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/71273-lawl-losers-friends-january-2006-a.html)

PURPLEPIRATE99 01-30-2006 10:01 AM

Julie - awesome point!! I was a little upset I hadn't drop a lb until today. I was expecting to see it on at least Friday - but you have a point about our bodies trying to re-adjust as well. I totally agree - thanks for the words of wisdom....

shennie_97 01-30-2006 10:06 AM

:Welcome: amy, how many children do you have?

:welcome: bigblue

Heather, how are you feeling today?

Star, beanie~ were are you? we miss you :hug:

I am slowly getting back to my last week weight. I am 152.6 today in the height of TOM, so I am pretty happy with that. Hope to see my usual 1-2 pound loss of water after TOM is gone and then I will be right on the tip of the 140’s. I can’t wait to say “I weigh 140 something” that sounds so much smaller than 150 :lol:

Deerts~ love your new tag, it’s almost over girl.

PURPLEPIRATE99 01-30-2006 10:11 AM

Shennie - I'm slightly better today - Thanks for asking.... I'm better with the strep - but now I have either major allergies or hay fever or something....

Congrats on the weight - I'm sure you will hit those 140's soon!! I know that must be sooo exciting. I can't wait to get to the 150's - I'm closing in on it slowly.... I hit 164.5 this morning, so I'm below the 165 mark....

juliemarie 01-30-2006 10:26 AM

Hey guys-

I bought more WL weeks a little over a week ago. I ran out in December after hitting my 50lb goal right on target, but decided to take the holidays off. I was happy that when I WI I was only up 2 lbs. Anyway-went in on Sat and I lost 5lbs! I haven't lost that much in a week since I first started. So-here's hoping the next 50 lbs comes off in the next 25 weeks!

HomeschoolinMama 01-30-2006 10:31 AM

Shennie - I have three boys (four if you count DH!), ages 12, 10 and 2 (he's our afterthought! :) )

I have some general questions for everyone if you can bear with me ... These have likely been answered before, but there are a LOT of messages on this forum and we only have a lowly dial-up connection. It's REALLY time-consuming to page through all those archives!

I figured out what WI and OP mean, but what do these two mean? POP, TOM
Where can I buy the Luna bars on-line and get the free shipping over $25?
How can I get the cool little tickers you all have on your siggy??

Also, I'm confused after looking at the recipe thread. Seems like some count PB as a protien and some count it as a fat. Which one is correct?

And about the different plans ... I exercise about 3.5-4 hrs per week (karate with my boys!) and am on the gold plan. Does that sound right to you all??

Anyone know how much they'll charge for the cookbook at LAWL? I'm eyeing a few *old* versions on ebay but if they come close to the new price, I'll just buy at the center tomorrow at WI. Anyone know exactly when the *new* book comes out? Is it a lot different??

TIA for answering all my questions!! Later, chicks! :sumo: (OK, it's the closest that they have to a karate smiley!!)

PURPLEPIRATE99 01-30-2006 10:36 AM

JulieMarie - Congrats on the wonderful success you've already had!! That is wonderful to know you hit your 50 lb mark on target!!! Good luck with the next 50!!

PURPLEPIRATE99 01-30-2006 10:38 AM

Amy -

POP = Perfect on Plan
TOM = Time of Month

PB - is supposed to be a protein I'm sure. as far as the cookbook stuff - someone else will have to answer those ?'s for you...

shennie_97 01-30-2006 10:44 AM

POP= perfectly on plan
TOM= time of month
I think mason does the free shipping thing
We steal our tickers from tickerfactory.com. just click on any of the tickers and it will take you there. When you finish making it, paste the first code into your signature on 3FC. The down-side is that you have to do this each time you make a change, the up-side is that it actually shows looses in decimal form

PB sandwich as a protein is using the CC’s. they should be in the back of your book. Using the CC’s you can count special meals that are listed as a protein to help you get through those times when you need more carbs. You can also count it separately the way you make it.

As far as exercise, you usually stay with gold until you hit 5 hours of exercise. But if you find you are stalling, talk to your COD (center of doom) and see if they can modify it for you.

The cookbooks are more than 20, less than 30 depending on the sale, but they rarely are actually 30. remember to include shipping when getting it off e-bay.

shennie_97 01-30-2006 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PURPLEPIRATE99
Amy -

POP = Perfect on Plan
TOM = Time of Month

PB - is supposed to be a protein I'm sure. as far as the cookbook stuff - someone else will have to answer those ?'s for you...

guess we were tpying at the same time...glad you feel a little better

PURPLEPIRATE99 01-30-2006 10:48 AM

Thanks Shennie -

PURPLEPIRATE99 01-30-2006 11:19 AM

Where is everyone? I've missed you guys for 4 days - and now - no one is on here?? Hello? Where are you? Wake up west side!!!

Repo girl 01-30-2006 11:55 AM

Okay, okay, I'm up!!
Heather- Glad you are feeling a little better.
Juliemarie- WTG being on target!! You go, chickie!!
Shennie- 140's? Wow, that must feel so good.
Deets- I know, I am fighting the TOM stuff too. Had a small chocolate binge yesterday, finally decided that it is just not worth it. DH told the kids to stay out of my way!!

Welcome big blue and Amy!!!

I did not get my massage yesterday, maybe tonight. I did break down and take a tylenol pm last night. I slept really well. I added one extra strength tylenol to my vitamins this morning. I really don't want to take this stuff, because it really upsets my tummy, and I worry that it will affect my WL. I can't deal with all of the pain anymore, however, so something has to give. Have you guys noticed if pain meds affect your loss? Someone at the COD said that it might.

GOAL: POP all day, no exceptions!!!

m_everett 01-30-2006 12:33 PM

Hello there ladies!!! Happy Monday :D
Well, this weekend was Okay for me- it is the hardest time to stay OP for me which is why I'm losing kind of slowly :( I didn't WI on Saturday like I normally do cause I had a feeling that I would have a gain and I just didn't want to face the music....
I was pretty much OP for Sat and Sun but I'm feeling pretty bloated :sumo: because I'm waiting for TOM to come around so I have a feeling (again) that my WI tonight is not going to be so great :?: .....

Hope all of you lovely ladies had a great weekend...
Congrats to all the losers....
I'll let you know how I do in WI tonight- keep you fingers crossed for me :^:

-Marisa ;)

vibrantecho 01-30-2006 12:53 PM

Hey chicks - I haven't been on board all weekend - hi new faces, way to go losers, hang in there everybody else! There, that pretty much covers everybody, right? ;)

I didn't watch my eating at ALL last week. I haven't been near the scale in days. I'm trying not to be to down about it, just want to pick myself up and get back on track.

I'm very excited, tho, because I sent out an all-company e-mail at the end of last week, looking for opportunities to hold open houses for other agents (I'm a Realtor), and my Inbox was overflowing with responses this morning!! Woo hoo! Like I told DH, I have to keep reminding myself that the whole reason I took this "day job" for my mom is because part of the deal was that I could take time off as needed to do RE stuff. So I shouldn't feel guilty for having to actually DO that, right? I guess I just have a pretty strong loyalty to the security of my paycheck, lol! :dizzy:

Okay, I have to go back and do some more work now...check back later! :wave: