3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers & Friends - January 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/71273-lawl-losers-friends-january-2006-a.html)

Leah AU mom 01-29-2006 02:31 PM

We had lunch at Red Lobster today. Those cheese are garlic biscuits are awesome, but it feels great afterwards if I can control myself from eating the whole basket. I ate about 1/4 of one because if I don't let myself eat some things that I love (in moderation) I start feeling like I want to binge...
The grilled shrimp was great with steamed veggies.
Trying to train myself to order OP and make this a lifestyle.
I wore a pair of dress slacks today that had gotten tooooo tight. They fit just right today, so it feels like a small accomplishment even though the weight is coming off slowly.
I'm trying to tell myself......Patience....stick with it....so I don't get down over the .5 losses and just give up.

Have a great Sunday afternoon everyone.

shennie_97 01-29-2006 03:15 PM

Bernadette, you can have ½ proteins.

Heather~ hope you feel better soon

We are having another 50 degree day, on the news this morning they said this is the 3rd warmest winter ever here, the first two being back in the 1800’s. I hope that since it has been warm, my gas bill won’t be to high when I get it

Sarah~ variety plays a huge part in your WL because you body needs change to keep metabolism up, you can throw in a frozen dinner or carb craver if you don’t care for beef or pork. You have to change it up some. I think they meant each color plan has the same calories and you eat it differently by the choices you make. Plus they probably mean calorie range not actual amount because if I have all light foods, I would be a different amount than all heavy foods.

Leah~ congrats on the slacks. My pre LAWL unfittable slacks, are now getting a little too big,. I feel great.

nikkijo 01-29-2006 03:30 PM

I saw on my chart that i am due to change from purple to the gold plan when I reach 200 pounds. Does anyone know what the difference will be?

shennie_97 01-29-2006 06:56 PM

Gold is 2P, 2S, 3V, 3F, Fa, D
but I think you should be lower than 200 for gold (I was thinking about 185-190)

bigbluebutterfly 01-29-2006 07:43 PM

New to LAWL

Hi everyone. I just joined LAWL on Monday. Im happy and encouraged that so many of you have lost weight. But, Im having trouble on what kinds of foods to prepare. Does anyone have any good recipies?:?:

bigbluebutterfly 01-29-2006 07:44 PM

Hey...I made a little weight tracker... where'd it go?

thnknthn 01-29-2006 08:57 PM

:welcome3: BigBlue

So happy that you have made the decision to get healthy and lose weight too. If you look there is a recipe thread and we try to post there too as often as we can. The chickies here are great just chime right in and join us.

About your ticker, you must scroll down after it is created, and cut and paste the url to your sinature and then save it. I hope this helps have a great nite and be seeing you.

Bernadette:cb:

sarah135 01-29-2006 09:06 PM

Nikkijo - Interesting at 200 they plan to change you. I was told Saturday I would NOT change until I hit 190. I almost wanted to argure with the woman but knew it would do no good. The difference is portion sizes of the protein. You eat 4oz of beef, 6oz of chicken and so on ( all pre cook weight). The other sizes are the same. I was given the plan to look at the other day. I guess to tease me LOL.

Sarah

Leah AU mom 01-29-2006 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluebutterfly
Hi everyone. I just joined LAWL on Monday. Im happy and encouraged that so many of you have lost weight. But, Im having trouble on what kinds of foods to prepare. Does anyone have any good recipies?:?:

:welcome:
Go to the recipe thread and you'll get some great ideas.

LA'smostDETERMINED 01-29-2006 11:22 PM

Hello Ladies! It's been a while! well..somewhat...I'm going to the COD to WI tommarow so wish me luck! I have been feeling a little turned tummy lately and I don't know why...I didnt have breakfast for the past 2 days...I haven't had all my proteins veggies and things like...so...I hope I don't gain any...oh well...Night ladies...I'll let you all know how I did!

Welcome to all the NEWBIES!!!

WTG losers!!!

HomeschoolinMama 01-30-2006 01:25 AM

Hi Everyone

:wave: My name is Amy. I have no clue if I'm doing this right, but just happened upon this forum while googling *LA Lite Alternatives* - praying I'd come up with a CHEAPER product than the LA Lite bars ... and I DID! Thanks! :D As you can tell, I just joined LAWL. I'm starting at 160# (on a 5'4" frame) and want to get down to 130#. I've been there before with WW but it all came back. I've only been into LAWL to weigh twice and have lost 2 lbs in two days with the Take Off pgm. I go again on Tuesday evening, but am pretty confident that the scale will tell me what my jeans are already saying!! This diet works! :carrot:

I am looking forward to gleaning from all of you who are experienced at this diet. I've already looked at the recipes thread and wonder if I should bother buying their cookbook since I can just come here for ideas. What do you all think? :dunno:

Because I'm not sure how this forum works, do we all move to a different thread once February is here?? TIA for being here! Looking forward to getting to know you all!

thnknthn 01-30-2006 03:20 AM

:welcome3: Amy

I am glad that you found us too! We mostly post on this one for general stuff, but watch the other threads too. Because you may want to add in others also.

The chickies here are great just jump right in and dont hesitate. Be seeing you soon!

Bernadette:cb:

deetsmom 01-30-2006 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomeschoolinMama
:wave: My name is Amy. I have no clue if I'm doing this right, but just happened upon this forum while googling *LA Lite Alternatives* - praying I'd come up with a CHEAPER product than the LA Lite bars ... and I DID! Thanks! :D As you can tell, I just joined LAWL. I'm starting at 160# (on a 5'4" frame) and want to get down to 130#. I've been there before with WW but it all came back. I've only been into LAWL to weigh twice and have lost 2 lbs in two days with the Take Off pgm. I go again on Tuesday evening, but am pretty confident that the scale will tell me what my jeans are already saying!! This diet works! :carrot:

I am looking forward to gleaning from all of you who are experienced at this diet. I've already looked at the recipes thread and wonder if I should bother buying their cookbook since I can just come here for ideas. What do you all think? :dunno:

Because I'm not sure how this forum works, do we all move to a different thread once February is here?? TIA for being here! Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Hi- welcome:)
I started at the same weight as you and am now squeaking near my goal. It really does work. Check out the other threads for recipe ideas and if you still feel uninspired, the cookbook is a good idea, although they are supposedly coming out with a new one in a few months. A new general thread will start in February but there are also some stray threads with a lot of information to look over, so have fun!

PURPLEPIRATE99 01-30-2006 08:41 AM

Well Good Morning Chickies!!

Amy - :welcome: to the boards - these ladies are absolutely wonderful!!

Leah - Thanks for the wonderful MCD ideas - I try not to eat out too much - but sometimes with kids it is practically impossible..... I do appreciate your help with the ideas though I will have to try them.

Ladies - Thanks for all the well wishes!! The are much appreciated!
I'm at work right now - but not sure for how long.

Barbara - Thanks for sending those tips!!

LA'smostDETERMINED - Good luck at WI....

bigbluebutterfly - :welcome: to the boards as well - you will love it here - Great support....and great recipes

Well I'll be around - I may be quiet - but I'll be lurking...

textjewel 01-30-2006 09:53 AM

Hey chicks!

Welcome to all the newbies!

Hard to believe that January is almost over, and we haven't ahd a major snowfall here yet. . I think Mom Nature is just saving up for us. .

Just a note to people who've stalled for a week or two - please just stick with it. Sometimes our bodies have to readjust to a lower weight, and reset the systems (sort of) before things start dropping again. You KNOW you have to lose weight eventually, because we're basically following a low calorie diet. I spent most of November and December in the 180's, and it was tough . . . but at least I didn't gain the holiday 10!

Catch you all later!

Julie