3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers & Friends - January 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/71273-lawl-losers-friends-january-2006-a.html)

nikkijo 01-30-2006 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shennie_97
Gold is 2P, 2S, 3V, 3F, Fa, D
but I think you should be lower than 200 for gold (I was thinking about 185-190)

Oh my gosh!! I'll starve!!!:(

nikkijo 01-30-2006 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shennie_97
Gold is 2P, 2S, 3V, 3F, Fa, D
but I think you should be lower than 200 for gold (I was thinking about 185-190)

Oops never mind........it's only one less vegetable.

nikkijo 01-30-2006 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarah135
Nikkijo - Interesting at 200 they plan to change you. I was told Saturday I would NOT change until I hit 190. I almost wanted to argure with the woman but knew it would do no good. The difference is portion sizes of the protein. You eat 4oz of beef, 6oz of chicken and so on ( all pre cook weight). The other sizes are the same. I was given the plan to look at the other day. I guess to tease me LOL.

Sarah

well I was just peeking at my chart so maybe I read it wrong

deetsmom 01-30-2006 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah AU mom
I hear ya' Stick with it. I'm no nutritionist, but it seems only logical to me that if you are eating fewer calories than before LAWL you should begin to lose. Wow....how brilliant!!JK

The three of us ought to form a club. I am, for the first time in my entire program, REALLY fed up with LAWL...:mad:
My home scale had me at 132.8 for the last two days, this morning at ONE THIRTY FOUR!????!!!

I am on a steady GAIN trend at teh center, which is such a joke since I am eating barely enough to sustain life by normal standards. I did a lame walking tape three days ago and have done what they told me with eating. TOM is due next week and I dont usually have PMS gain, so that excuse is out. I havent had a BM in two days either. I did have some chicken last night that was a little EXTREMELY lightly breaded and fried in a pan from a restaurant, but there is no way that made me gain over a pound...plus, this doesnt excuse the incline all LAST week of .2 at each visit (total of .6).

Before I was complaining about maintaining, now I am horrified of this gaining trend, its ridiculous. I called my center today and told them I wasnt coming in, that I would not do this to myself, that I am up on my scale and can not deal with the way I will feel when they have to write it in my chart and look at me as if I am hiding some cheats or something...

I am finally seeing the light, that 124 was never going to happen, as is 130. I just dont think my body was meant for it. Im accepting that the size I am is where I will stay and WTF, why wasnt I satisfied with being in a 2/4 and Small tops?! How ridiculous! This is gods way of saying, "see, dope...you are small enough, so to spite you, Im making you heavier just to show you!" If this gaining trend ever stops, I WILL NOT complain anymore..I just dont want any more gains!!!

nikkijo 01-30-2006 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo girl
Has anyone read a book called "Body Clutter" by Marla Tilley, the Fly Lady?

No, but I love Fly Lady!!!

Gamababa3 01-30-2006 07:30 PM

Suzanne nice to hear your wanting to work the program now. Were all here to support you.

Deets sorry to hear your so frustrated, but it is justified. I hope you do try and be happy at the weight you are and maybe if your not stressing and watching your weight daily you will start seeing a loss again.

shennie_97 01-30-2006 08:08 PM

:hug: :hug: not much I can say, but you seem like you need a hug.

I think you have done great and maybe it is just time for you to head into the land of maintenance. I heard it is beautiful there, they have trees made out of starches and even one with fat. You will love it over there... hope to come live next door to you soon. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetsmom
The three of us ought to form a club. I am, for the first time in my entire program, REALLY fed up with LAWL...:mad:
My home scale had me at 132.8 for the last two days, this morning at ONE THIRTY FOUR!????!!!

I am on a steady GAIN trend at teh center, which is such a joke since I am eating barely enough to sustain life by normal standards. I did a lame walking tape three days ago and have done what they told me with eating. TOM is due next week and I dont usually have PMS gain, so that excuse is out. I havent had a BM in two days either. I did have some chicken last night that was a little EXTREMELY lightly breaded and fried in a pan from a restaurant, but there is no way that made me gain over a pound...plus, this doesnt excuse the incline all LAST week of .2 at each visit (total of .6).

Before I was complaining about maintaining, now I am horrified of this gaining trend, its ridiculous. I called my center today and told them I wasnt coming in, that I would not do this to myself, that I am up on my scale and can not deal with the way I will feel when they have to write it in my chart and look at me as if I am hiding some cheats or something...

I am finally seeing the light, that 124 was never going to happen, as is 130. I just dont think my body was meant for it. Im accepting that the size I am is where I will stay and WTF, why wasnt I satisfied with being in a 2/4 and Small tops?! How ridiculous! This is gods way of saying, "see, dope...you are small enough, so to spite you, Im making you heavier just to show you!" If this gaining trend ever stops, I WILL NOT complain anymore..I just dont want any more gains!!!

deetsmom 01-30-2006 08:24 PM

Ill gladly move in...just as long as I dont go up any higher, LOL!!! I cant WAIT to see what maintennance is like, but there are still 6 long weeks of stabilization first! And Super Bowl Sunday the day before my stabilization starts...what timing!!!

textjewel 01-30-2006 09:10 PM

Shennie - loved the visual about the land of maintainence. .

Deets - don't throw in the towel completely! haven't you fluctuated any during this journey? (I am NOT saying that you should aim lower, but just don't make yourself crazy!) There are times the scale is up (and mine doesn't show fractions, so when it's up,it's up) - and for no reason at all - I've been POP for days. .

Nikki - how tall are you? I moved to gold when I hit about 188, and I'm 5'4". Also, the portion sizes for protein are about 2 oz less on gold than purple. So it *is* less food.

Gymgirl -are your clothes fitting any different with all the exercise you do - even if the scale isn't showing any loss yet?

Julie

thnknthn 01-30-2006 09:28 PM

Hello Ladies!

I feel like I need to pass on my DH's words of wisdom to you all, as it helped me out. When I was getting frustrated because I felt that I was not losing fast enough and he saw me on the verge of tears, "He said, you were very happy every day and greeted me with a smile until you started this diet, and if you think getting skinny is going to make you any happier you are sadly mistaken. You have to be happy with where ever you are at no matter what that scale says, and if this is the new you I will cancel the diet myself. Because I Love You!"

I thought you all might need to hear what he said because it sure made me think twice about everything. I thought mabey some one might need to hear this right now so I am putting it out there.

Hang in there girls lets be happy today no matter what the scale or COD says.

See you real soon!

Bernadette:cb:

Talk at you all soon

deetsmom 01-30-2006 09:51 PM

OMG Bernadette, gotta love the DH:) What a keeper. So sweet! For me, I wasnt happy before (self image wise, otherwise, yes- but I am now:) I dont let this consume my entire day, theres no room in my busy life for that, y'know?

Karebear50 01-30-2006 09:52 PM

Gymgurl, how long have you been on a plateau? I was so frustrated because I plateaued for literally like 2 weeks. But, now, I have dropped about 4 lbs. since last Thursday. So, hang in there. But I know your frustration.

Do you ever feel like we have to weigh in too often? I understand the going in 3 times a week, it keeps you more on track. But every other diet I have done tells you to weigh yourself once a week. With LAWL, I have to keep reminding myself that I am not always going to have a huge drop, especially when it might have just been 2 days between WI.

deetsmom 01-30-2006 09:53 PM

theres definitely a love/hate with WI for all of us, I think. Congrats on the loss!

slimmerKim 01-30-2006 09:56 PM

I'm also fed up with LAWL. I've lost 40 lbs and am only 5 lbs from goal (which is a high weight for my height of 5'1"). But now I can't lose anymore and I just dread going in.

The exercise is killing me, I think - it's so good for me, yet I'm sure I'm gaining muscle (I started Oct 1st, so that's 4 whole months of regular cardio when before I was doing NONE). They gave me more food, put me on Blue, but something is still not working.

It's so frustrating. And I know that many of you are probably thinking that it's just not a big deal - but to be working hard and stuck is so disheartening.

I'm making myself go weigh in tomorrow no matter what - I've only been going once a week b/c i can hardly take it. I have only 3 weeks of weight loss left and then I'm moving on to maintenance no matter what. It's so strange b/c I know if i was on maintenance, they'd be thrilled with how I'm doing. GRRRRR