3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers & Friends - January 2006 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/71273-lawl-losers-friends-january-2006-a.html)

sznn 01-27-2006 05:00 PM

Deets - that T/O is really yanking your chain - I agree T/O sucks,
didn't help me one iota - it's highly overrated

I am re-adjusting my final goal to 142.
Just visited Fitday and if I stick to plan, I will be done on Mar 15.06.
Thats exactly 2.09 lbs/wk.
Can't wait - I'm getting bored with this portion of the journey.

Just wanted to make it public - so that I am accountable.

-S

deetsmom 01-27-2006 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sznn
Deets - that T/O is really yanking your chain - I agree T/O sucks,
didn't help me one iota - it's highly overrated

I am re-adjusting my final goal to 142.
Just visited Fitday and if I stick to plan, I will be done on Mar 15.06.
Thats exactly 2.09 lbs/wk.
Can't wait - I'm getting bored with this portion of the journey.

Just wanted to make it public - so that I am accountable.

-S

I'll second the bored with this part of the journey too...now that I said it, Ill move on :D

brittyboo07 01-27-2006 05:07 PM

afternoon chickies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had a good day so far hope everyone is doing well. Getting ready for the weekend. ITS FINALLY FRIDAY!!!!!!! I have plans on getting some school work and some house work this weekend.

Fiona~
hummmm i didnt realize that you could do that with no adds/pop ups i might have to look into that.

Leah~
did you just start working out? If so thats probably why you gained your body needs a week or two to adjust. LOL I do remember the music from the Windsor Pilates and i always wonder does she workout to that music at home????

Deets~
:rofl: that is exactly what we all need to say to TO. The past several times i have done TO i havent had very good results if any so i dont think im gonna do it anymore.

Everyone have a great weekend ......

Repo girl 01-27-2006 05:50 PM

You know, TO was great to help repent for cheats, but that is about it.

shennie_97 01-27-2006 05:54 PM

Britt~ how is the semester treating you? DBF THINKS he is the healthiest thing since the apple in the garden of eden, but I am waiting for the day that he starts to gain weight and doesn’t loose it by just not eating for a day.

Barb~ how was the potluck?

Leah~ did you have heavy starches or protein after TO? Maybe that could be the reason.

Ok, I actually like TO, not because i get wonderful results (well at least not anymore), but I like to not have to eat all of that food for the day. While I can always go for extra carbs, I hate the 2 proteins, so only having to get one in makes me happy.

textjewel 01-27-2006 06:51 PM

Hey chicks -- the server was busy when I tried to post this morning. .

Anyway, went to WI, and I'm at 173.3. . Getting closer and closer! Although my home scale said 167 this morning. . . I hope it's psychic, but it probably needs a new battery!

Mary - sorry that you're in such pain - I hope that you recover soon.

Deets - what did you decide about your final goal? Did I miss the post?

Fiona :hug: about the taxes - that self employment tax is a killer. .

I'm with you guys on TO - I have a bottle of the knudsens sitting in my fridge, but I'm hungry enough on a regular day, so I imagine that I'd be a bear after two days of TO.

Julie

Repo girl 01-27-2006 06:55 PM

WTG Julie! You are just melting!

deetsmom 01-27-2006 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by textjewel
Hey chicks -- the server was busy when I tried to post this morning. .

Anyway, went to WI, and I'm at 173.3. . Getting closer and closer! Although my home scale said 167 this morning. . . I hope it's psychic, but it probably needs a new battery!

Mary - sorry that you're in such pain - I hope that you recover soon.

Deets - what did you decide about your final goal? Did I miss the post?

Fiona :hug: about the taxes - that self employment tax is a killer. .

I'm with you guys on TO - I have a bottle of the knudsens sitting in my fridge, but I'm hungry enough on a regular day, so I imagine that I'd be a bear after two days of TO.

Julie

WOW JULIE- you are doing awesome!!! When I went in today, the manager called the nutritionist to do my follow up in front of me. I was up each day this week for a total of .8 for the week, but still half a pound less than the 134 I was stuck at for weeks. How anyone can gain eating this way, I have NO clue, LOL!

Anyway, they made a new plan for me, back to 2 Lites (bars) per day and still on Gold for the last 2 weeks of weight loss and whatever happens happens. They kept asking her about my exercise and I said, well, what was their take? If they think exercising would help, Ill do it. She said "light walking" was a good idea. Its frigid here and I cant take my little one out in this weather, so I did the lame-o Walk Away the Pounds inside today and will do it as much as I can this week. I didnt even get sweaty, but it really WAS aerobic (especially since I jogged most of the time). She also told me to eat a carb (either a fruit or a starch) every time I have my protein. Id been having a lot of protein with salad combinations and they think this will help. So I am restructuring the combination of foods and plodding on:):dizzy:

textjewel 01-27-2006 07:11 PM

Thanks for the congrats, chicks - I'm finally really under 30 pounds to go - I'm still about 8 pounds away from where I wanted to be by my birthday in early March (hint, Carmen!) -- I've got my fingers crossed that I'll be at least under 170! Since I lose in clumps, TOM is due in the next week.. .

Deets -- I've never heard about that starch/protein idea -- maybe it'll shock your system? Hadn't realized that you were down to 1 lite a day - I'm really behind the times!

deetsmom 01-27-2006 07:17 PM

No, I wasnt...they just wanted me using one bar and one shake for awhile..now that I stocked up on the shakes, they changed me back! Again, your stats are just so wonderful! You've come so far from when I first joined, its so fabulous!!!

Gamababa3 01-27-2006 07:49 PM

Thanks Shennie for asking. The pot luck was great and so much food. But I only ate the taco salad I brought and fresh cut up fruit. I didn't even have a piece of burnt almond cake, which I love. It was nice to see so many people I used to work with and there were even people there before my time. One of the sales engineers got emotional talking about how they will miss all of us and of course that brought tears to all of our eyes. Now it's getting through the potluck tomorrow night and Sunday AM.

Deets hope your the new recommendations work for you.

Julie congrats on doing so well on your weight loss.

Fiona sorry you have to pay so much. We owe every year, because we don't own and have no deductions. It really sucks, but we have to pay it.

I'm watching Jasmyne all day tomorrow and we have a birthday party at Chuckie cheese. Then my other grand daughter Celeste is coming over and will go to my choir function with us in the evening.

Well if I don't talk to any of you over the weekend have a great one.

vibrantecho 01-27-2006 08:22 PM

Barbara (Barb? Or always Barbara?) - that mortgage interest deduction isn't really "all that" these days - with interest rates so low compared to when they introduced it, you need to have a huge mortgage, or LOTS of other deductions, in order to beat out the standard deduction anyway. ;) Have you looked at adjusting the allowances on your W-4? I must have spent two hours playing with the Allowances Calculator on the IRS website...now I know what our allowances SHOULD be to minimize our tax liability, the challenge is living on what's left of the paycheck! :dizzy:

ETA: Julie - woo hoo! Can you send some of that WL pixie dust my way??? :wizard:

textjewel 01-27-2006 08:23 PM

Mary - I agree with you about the 180's it was FOREVER. It must just be one of those stubborn weights for me - my body likes it. . . I hope I don't hit that kind of stall again until I reach the 150s! It would be nice to have some consistant loss for a change.

Barbara - congrats on sticking to your choices at lunch today. You can do it, chickie!

Julie

textjewel 01-27-2006 08:25 PM

Fi - in this area, with taxes going up - my mortgage deduction is always in the 9-10K range, so it makes sense for me to do the long form, yuck. But -- I only have myself for a deduction, so that makes a difference. You have 3 - so your standard deduction is probably higher.

Julie