Old 01-03-2006, 04:31 PM   #91  

I am an excited Grammy too, have 6, ranging in age from 9 t0 23. The oldest just got married, so now I have a granddaughter in law!!
Roses4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:34 PM   #92  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

There's a Trader Joe's here, but I've never shopped there. I'll have to try it out some time.

I'm also a Clay Aiken fan and on his site we all have avatar's and quite a few of us have our own pics and I do agree it's nice seeing who your talking with.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:39 PM   #93  

Roses4me - WOW - that is awesome....I'd love to see my granbabies grow up......here's hoping they come out with some new age defying procedures before then and I win the lottery....lol
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:46 PM   #94  

Default New LaWL member/yann

I have been reading your messages and really feel that this is the kind of support I need. I have been on hold with LAWL for 1 month and looking forward to getting back into it. I hope by joining this group it will help.
yann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 04:48 PM   #95  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Welcome Yann. I sure you'll find this site very welcome and supportive. I'm new myself and love it

Hi Roses4me congrats on being a grandma and welcome.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 05:28 PM   #96  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Yann, and welcome! Luna bars are protein bars that you can buy at the grocery store. I think that they are around $1.25 per bar. I personally don't do bars at all, just more food.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 07:45 PM   #97  

Holy wow, you all are some chatty chicks today!

This is the first time I've been on the computer...I've had some sort of sick-bug after me all weekend and today it finally got me. I woke up this morning, didn't feel so hot, got back in bed, finally dragged myself out the door to work, got two essential things done, went back home and crawled back in bed. I even talked DM into taking DD off my hands, since DH had a meeting tonight. At least I'm finally vertical and drinking some OJ, which seems to be pepping me up without upsetting my stomach any, so maybe I'm on the mend...?

Hello to all the newcomers!
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 07:56 PM   #98  

Default yann

Thanks for the info on the luna bars. LAWL never explained that you could eat more food rather than the bars. I will have to check into this when I go for my weigh in. Just wondering - how many times a week does everyone weigh in??
yann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 07:57 PM   #99  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Okay, here is the recipe for the low-fat brownies from the new LAWL cookbook. Like I said earlier, I have never made them so I'm not sure how they'll taste.
3/4 c sugar (this is what is says, so I'm not sure if I would use splenda)
1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 c unsweetened applesauce
1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8x8 nonskick pan w/ cooking spray. Combine the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, blend well. Pour batter into pan and bake 20-30 min. Test w/ toothpik. Remove from oven & let cool 5 min. in pan. Gently remove from pan, place on wire rack and when cooled, cut into 8 squares. 1 brownie counts as 2 starches.

Now if I were to make these, I don't think I would remove them from the pan and I would cut them into 16 squares and count them as 1 starch.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:05 PM   #100  

I just started the FF yesterday but I had gained 4 pounds from when I had signed up saturday morning!!!! It was embarrassing!! I had gone to the movies the day before and had a TON of salt in my popcorn. I'm guessing that was the culprit.
nikkijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:06 PM   #101  
banned

S/C/G: 203/136/133

Sounds awesome! I hope my center gets the new book soon- this is more like it! The old cookbook was pretty lame, when you see what people like Mary can come up with (another hats off since my DH is just eating now and keeps saying, THIS IS DELICIOUS!).
deetsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:08 PM   #102  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Here's a oatmeal cookie recipe from the new LAWL cookbook that also sounds good.
1/4 c packed brown sugar
1/4 c artificial sweetener
1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
1/4 c egg substitute
1 c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 c oats
1/4 c raisins
In a large mixing bowl, mix brown sugar, sugar substitute and applesauce. Add in egg substitute. In another bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir this into the applesauce mixture. Add the rolled oats and raisins. Stir well. Drop spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake for approx. 10 min. in prheated 350 degree oven. Allow cookies to cool before removing them from baking sheet. Makes 3 dozen, 2 cookies count as 1 starch.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 08:25 PM   #103  
banned

Dawn, youre making me hungry!
Old 01-03-2006, 08:33 PM   #104  
banned

The book says a serving of tomato is "1 small". I made my own tomato salsa tonight and counted 1 serving as 1/2c raw tomato...since most other veggies are 1/2c raw...what do you think?

BTW- we miss you Shennie!! You must be exhausted tonight.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:46 PM   #105  
One pound at a time......

Default Good Evening !!!

Hello everyone. Those Brownies sound great. My husband eats brownie almost daily ( my dautgher bakes them ). I will try these then I can join in to eat and my children can eat a little healthy brownies.

I went to WI today and did well, down 1.4 for a total of 10.2 in not quite a month ( Saturday is a month) . I hope it keeps up.

I spoke with one of the girls at the Center today and she told me the new cookbook was hardly different from the current one. She said there are some new recipes and quite a few that are family size. I asked how much the current one is $29.87 - that's on sale !! I will try ebay.

How does everyone get the tenth of pionts on the weight tracker ? I have put it in but it does seem to register, am I missing something?

Oh, I found the Knedsen's juice at the store $2 a bottle, what a huge savings!!!

Sarah
sarah135 is offline   Reply With Quote